The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Zelda or Mario?
Zelda! 48%  48%  [ 13 ]
Mario! 33%  33%  [ 9 ]
I don't know! 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: Zelda or Mario?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:10 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
MM and I had ( and are still having ) a discussion about wich game is better: Zelda or Mario? What do you guys think? Zelda or Mario? ( I like Zelda better ( and voted for it btw ), MM prefers Mario. )

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

Post subject: Re: Zelda or Mario?
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:13 pm 
Freelancer

Char, you are talking Mario.

MARIO FOR THE WINZ!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:33 pm 
Novice

Zelda is Better,
Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time is a well known Revolutionary Game
With the system itself, most gomes after OoT, have some aspect from OoT in them.

Not to mention,
Kartracing, (i declare Fail) NES: Motorcross -racing-, oh and another one Pole Position, (verey old)
Ohohoh, Dr.mario (Tetris rip off)
Wario's world (Another Tetris Ripoff)
Tetris> Puzzle games

Mario did NOT create a Whole new entire line of Gaming.
Not to mention SM, SM2, SMB3, SMW. All the same Controls, No new additions exept in SM2 & SM3. But those died out Just like the Bowser baddies of SM2.
Super Mario Kart, did NOT start a kart racing series. Kart Racing is the Same as The Racing Genre. It would have happened with or without SMK.
Super Mario Paint, Based of MIDI Programming software found back in the Old computers back then. Commonly known as (Chiptunes)

Not to mention, in the classic mario games, No technical stuff needed, arrow buttins and Jump..is all you need to know.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 am 
Freelancer

Mario! If it weren't for Super Mario Bros., then gaming would've ceased to exist. Not to mention, Mario revolutionized video games with Super Mario 64! And now the Galaxy titles are doing it again!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 am 
Freelancer

kirbyfighter12 wrote:
Zelda is Better,
Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time is a well known Revolutionary Game
With the system itself, most gomes after OoT, have some aspect from OoT in them.

Not to mention,
Kartracing, (i declare Fail) NES: Motorcross -racing-, oh and another one Pole Position, (verey old)
Ohohoh, Dr.mario (Tetris rip off)
Wario's world (Another Tetris Ripoff)
Tetris> Puzzle games

Not to mention SM, SM2, SMB3, SMW. All the same Controls, No new additions exept in SM2 & SM3. But those died out Just like the Bowser baddies of SM2.
Super Mario Kart, did NOT start a kart racing series. Kart Racing is the Same as The Racing Genre. It would have happened with or without SMK.
Super Mario Paint, Based of MIDI Programming software found back in the Old computers back then. Commonly known as (Chiptunes)

Not to mention, in the classic mario games, No technical stuff needed, arrow buttins and Jump..is all you need to know.

1. Ocharina of time runs would not have existed without Super Mario 64. The camera, 3d controll...also, OoT runs on a heavily modified SM64 engine.

2 Dr. Mario is not a ripoff. It's a PUZZLE game, you don't have to clear lines, you need to get rid of all the germs in a pot

3 No indeed, mario DID not create a whole line of gaming. He's just the face of video games, and represents them universally.

4. the controlls in SMB to SMW didn't change because they were PERFECT! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's a stupid argument. It's like saying that the controlls from Zelda 1 and Link to the past should have had a different controll scheme.

5. Super Mario World had additions like Yoshi, the middle flag and secret level endings. Also, the baddies from SMB2 didn't die out. See, we're talking about shy guys and bomb-ombs. Yes, they made their first appreadance in SMB2.

but enough of trashing your arguments, let me give you mine:

1. Mario is very well known around the world. He stands for one thing: quality.

2. The mario series have revolutionized the world of gaming. Super Mario bros shaped the platformer genre...wait...hold on.

from Kirby's mouth:

Quote:

FAIL! Mario shaped the platformer genre as it is today. With super mario bros for 2d games, and super mario 64 for 3d games

3. The sales. Mario has sold over 200 million copies around the world. Nobody can top that.

4. The originality. Super Mario bros was very original for it's time. Super mario 64 had sublime camera control for a 3d game. Super Mario galaxy, playing with gravity. Now THAT's original

(finished later)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:30 am 
Fan Girl

I don't know why compare two series of different category.

Mario is obviously more famous.

But for me and many others I know, after finishing a Zelda game, I wanna start it again. They have a great replay value.

That does not happen with Mario games (exept the sports game he is in). Mario Galaxy, for example, is wonderfully done, everything is great on that game, but after getting everything and finishing it, I don't feel like playing it again.

So my vote goes to Zelda.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:18 pm 
Storyteller

My vote goes to Zelda simply because i am in love with the Hylian Princess. However, i think it not fair to compare these games. They are meant for different audiences

and most of all

they are by the same person! not Nintendo, but Shigeru Miyamoto!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:33 pm 
Middling

Definitely Mario by far, Zelda just isn't fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:49 pm 
Freelancer

Not to mention, you can't jump in a Zelda game, unless you're crossing a bridge. I think that is just... stupid.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:01 pm 
Newcomer

I personally like both,
and here is my reasons why.

I like Mario because of it's fun themes and great character and of course who can't hate on the idea of a plumber rescuing the princess from the clutches of a Lizard king who wants nothing more to rule a land that is filled with mushrooms with cute faces.
It's bright cute scenes of all the characters, including the villains are awesome and the landscapes look like a mixture of reality meets fantasy and it look so much fun even to be there.

Now for Zelda
I like Zelda because of it's story line in each game follows, unlike Mario who's story line is kid friendly and people would love.
Zelda takes a turn over to the mature and a little darker side, being with that the monsters aren't some cute little goomba running around, but in fact look like something out of a fantasy mid-evil look to them. Some of the bosses make me think of some demons from Berserk.
The characters are deeply creative and have that realistic side other then Mario except Wind Waker, Minish cap, phantom hour glass, and spirit tracks, even though the main ones are incarnations of each character from previous games except the two sequels to the Zelda games.
Zelda like I said before has it's mature side of slaying monsters with a sword, it's huge scary like bosses that scared some people as children, and having some cut scenes turn out to be entertaining for teens to adults but not most children.
The monsters in the game can be scary, example: the Re-deads, those are scary monsters to fight, but in Mario, the only thing that came close to the dead was Luigi's haunted mansion.

What I'm trying to say here is that I like both games equally
Mario for having it's action pack innocent games while having Zelda more of a mature side to Miyamoto's work, and suitable for the older generation.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:18 pm 
Forum Gamer

Mario all the way. Every Mario game up to Sunshine was amazing! Zelda however, I was never able to get into. I found each Zelda game confusing and ultimately boring. The Mario games have remained simple and fun over the years, each time changing up the game to keep things interesting! I could talk about Super Mario 64 (The greatest game of all time IMO) for hours. Mario FTW.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:22 pm 
Newcomer

Goombowser wrote:
Mario all the way. Every Mario game up to Sunshine was amazing! Zelda however, I was never able to get into. I found each Zelda game confusing and ultimately boring. The Mario games have remained simple and fun over the years, each time changing up the game to keep things interesting! I could talk about Super Mario 64 (The greatest game of all time IMO) for hours. Mario FTW.

I can see how Mario is fun pact and very simple.
Zelda is kinda hard to get into because it is a very strategical game that most people like

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:05 pm 
Freelancer

I love both games! I grew up with them!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 pm 
Freelancer

I am sorry Char, but I have to go with MM cause Mario did come before the Zelda. In fact, I never heard of the Legend of Zelda series until Super Smash Bros. came out with Link in it.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:57 am 
Storyteller

49falcons i am going to have to stop you right there for a history lesson. you see, while yes, technically mario arrived before zelda with the creation of Donkey Kong and Mario Bros., the Super Mario you know today spawned from the Advent of SUPER mario bros. which came out for the NES in the 80's...the same time as The Legend of Zelda. Just because you hadn't heard of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.