The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Zelda or Mario?
Zelda! 48%  48%  [ 13 ]
Mario! 33%  33%  [ 9 ]
I don't know! 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: Re: Zelda or Mario?
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:45 am 
Freelancer

Let me stop you there, Cap. I never said it didn't exist back then. I was born in 1987 and the first game I own was Donkey Kong, Pac Man, and Super Mario Bros 3. When I was growing up, I only saw comercials for Mario, Sonic, DK Country, and Kirby. I found out about The Legends of Zelda games when the 64 era was going on. I also own ssbb which has a time line of games that came out through the years and saw the first Zelda game release year. So all I was saying was that I didn't know about it until I played Super Smash Bros.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 am 
Commentator

I honestly can't choose. They're both good in their own way. I like Mario because the series is quirky, but I also like the puzzle-solving elements of Zelda. It's like asking me to choose between chocolate croissants and cookie dough ice cream. I honestly can't choose between them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:19 pm 
Newcomer

I like both because zelda is challenging and has a bunch of side quests to keep you occupied.
And Mario because well.... it's mario. besides they were created by the same guy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:59 am 
Newcomer

Mario!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 pm 
Novice

Now I grew up with Mario on the NES and the Super nintendo and Mario will always be one of favorites.
But.... At the same time I love the depth of the Zelda series and also played the Zelda game on the Super Nintendo where link had pink hair and loved it. Ocarina of Time was one of my top Favorite games as a teen because of how deep the story went.
I guess if you want a challenge and a good story play Zelda, but for just plain childish fun and two player play Mario

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm 
Landsman

I can't pick.Love both series!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:23 pm 
Newcomer

LoZ

I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but I honestly don't feel Mario games change very much between titles. To me (as in, in my own opinion) they just feel like the same game over and over and over. Some games break this chain, like the sports/racing spin-offs and Super Mario Galaxy. And I actually enjoyed Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island, and stuff like that. But New Super Mario Bros Wii? Why remake a remake...? Yeah, the four-player, I get it, but... Why?

Technically, LoZ is pretty similar, it's just less popular and has less spin-offs. But they're still different enough (personally) for me to enjoy. The NES days were different though. Back then, Mario>Zelda, definitely. But times change. Zelda's made itself more awesome, and Mario... Is just Mario. Popular, but not the best. I just vote based on gameplay rather than how iconic the main character is. And while Mario is definitely more iconic and well-known than Link, I just like the LoZ series more than the SMB series.

Really though, I don't usually get a game when it first comes out, for money reasons. And by time I can afford it, I'd have seen enough gameplay and such that I could decide if I really want it. I go by game rather than series. Give me a specific game from SMB and a specific game from LoZ and my opinion would most likely be different.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 am 
Newcomer

Mario!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:55 pm 
Newcomer

I grew up playing both but The Legend of Zelda series appeals more to my taste in game. I really enjoy playing both series but Zelda is the only series were I actually took the time to play and beat every single game that they made. Well with the exception of the CDI games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:04 am 
Newcomer

I played Zelda games most than the Mario. I was in search of the latest versions of these games. Could any one please produce some attachment links regarding this. Thanks in advance.

Trackable QR codes
free QR code generator