The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Your reflections on the SMB sereis now that it's ended...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:40 pm 
Creator

It’s been a great 5 years. Some of you have been here since the beginning; others have joined us along the way. Now that we’re finally at the end, I’d like to hear your thoughts on the series as a whole. I have a few questions you can answer to get you started. Thanks again for your support over the years.

1) How did you discover Stupid Mario Brothers?
2) How long have you been watching?
3) What are some of your favorite moments from the series?
4) Who is/are your favorite character(s)?
5) What are you going to miss the most about SMB now that it’s finished?

And feel free to add any other thoughts you have.

Thank you again,

-Richalvarez

PS - If you haven't watched it yet, here's the link to SMB 75:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbCekEoBCDI

PPS - This thread is for a review of the series as a whole. To review Episode 75 specifically, head on over to Chris's thread:
http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/stupid-mario-brothers-episode-75-t7679.html

Post subject: Re: Your reflections on the SMB sereis now that it's ended..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 pm 
Newcomer

1) How did you discover Stupid Mario Brothers?i was checking random stuff then found stupid mario bros and laughed since 2007 and still do now
2) How long have you been watching?since 2007
3) What are some of your favorite moments from the series?i enjoyed everything you do
4) Who is/are your favorite character(s)?of cause mario
5) What are you going to miss the most about SMB now that it’s finished?stupid mario bros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 pm 
Intermediate

I discovered it when I was looking for the Legend of Neil, actually. After I watched that (It's finally done too now, and it's pretty awesome, though crude), I wondered what else there was that was live-action parodying of the Nintendo games, so I searched "Live Action Mario". Your series came up then and, after watching a few episodes, wondered "How long does this series GO for anyway?". At the time, you were finishing season 2, so I've been watching for a long time, actually.

Answered above.

There's a lot, both serious and funny, but I still love the Darkness' role within the movie. His appearance was the sole reason I got hyped to see it and I was no disappointed. His first fight with Wario still remains at the top of my list for favorite fight scenes (Though I still need to see 75, I saw parts in editing. I'll correct this is that matter changes after I witness the fights again in their fully-rendered glory ;D).

Answered above: The Darkness (at least from back in the movie). As for a comedy role though, it was a toss up between Wario and Ash. They both had their moments and were terribly funny. I've also enjoyed Fed-X and UPS sometimes too (Especially with Mr. DHL), but Darkness still tops them for me, personally.

Nothing much. Like I said a long time ago, the series had already sort of "finished" for me and whatever else came of it was simply nothing but additional entertainment. It's a shame that it's officially ending, but I had already peaked with my enjoyment after the movie. In that, I'm not hurting, but I'd always take it back if the series were to return. It got me involved in a forum community that actually DIDN'T hate me for a change and helped inspire me and my internet presence and works (in showcasing them online, mainly). It spawned a great deal of my own personal enjoyment online and, for that, it'll live forever in my mind, as I'll never go and trade away such a thing for anything (except real life, occasionally XD). Thanks for that, Richie, and I'll continue to remain as your loyal subscriber today and on.

(Fun note for you to know: You are my ONLY subscription, since your channel remains the only active place on YouTube I legitimately care about. Know that with pride. ;D)

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:23 pm 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
1. How I found SMB?
Not sure how I actually found the video but
In another thread I wrote:
I first found out about RMA Studios sometime in late 2008 from YouTube News' shameless self-promotion video. I distinctly remember Richie's staccato enunciation of "Al-Ver-Ez". Seasons 1, 2, and most of 3 were already uploaded, so the show was readily available for my viewing.

2. How long have I been watching? See above.

3. What are some of your favorite moments?
"Let's go run up that hill!", A delusional Wario's speech at the end of the first season, Decious' chilling motive rant at the end of season 2, Nilrem revealing his true identity to the Darkness, and a lot of other things I don't care to mention right now. Overall, Stupid Mario Brothers is choke full of laughs and great moments.

4. Who are some of you favorite characters?
Merlin and Nox Decious, hands down. I still want to see the rest of their history.

SMB will always be there for us to remember, but I will sort of miss you guys running around fighting evil in colorful plumber costumes, even if you guys continue to make non-canon sketches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:30 pm 
Newcomer

1) I discovered the series from an old friend of mine, he showed it to me one day and I've been watching it since. I thought it was really, really bad and cheesy, but that's probably why I kept watching, because it was fan made and it showed.

2) I started watching it when I was 16 (I'm 19 now), so for quite a while. :P

3) My absolute favorite moment of the series occurred in episode 20 with Link chasing the chickens, I thought the whole scene was hilarious.

4) I never really thought of having a favorite character, but thinking back, it was probably Ash and Brock, as the duo. It was a shame that Dane left, it just wasn't the same, though Julian did do a good job.

5) I'm actually glad it's over to be quite honest, for many of the same reasons that Richie stated, lack of continuity, growing up and moving on, etc. There really isn't much to miss. The crew is no longer there to keep it going, especially without it getting way more complicated in terms of plot. I would say the channel will be missed, but that's not going away since there's going to be more to come in the future. I suppose I'll miss seeing the extended crew, but I have been already. :P

It would be awesome if Richie would do a video talking about all of the crew members ever used and talk about what they're up to and where they're going with their lives.

Also, thanks for the past couple of years to everyone on the Stupid Mario Bros crew, for the countless hours of entertainment you've provided to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm 
Newcomer

I discovered stupid mario brothers one day when i was just looking through random videos at youtube. If i remember correctly the series had gotten to about episode 21 when i discovered you guys

When Luigi fights Waluigi in episode 28 or so. Also in the early episodes when there was the talking about DK pissing in the sink

Wario, Ash and The UPS man

Im going to miss all the wacky stuff you guys came up with. And the excitement i had when waiting for the bloopers to come up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 pm 
Newcomer

Well, it was a day when back when, and I was browsing youtube as you do. I came across a "Sonic for hire", video, an old machinima I think. It lead me to various Mario and sonic videos, until I stumbled across the first episode of your series. And after a few episodes, I was hooked.
Since early season two I think.
Oh god there are to many moneys to choose from! I definitely liked it when Wario went all insane like earlier on in the series, when he wasn't just evil because he wanted to be evil. It showed some diversity to the character, and that entire story line was just fantastic. And I also liked it when the Darkness was the darkness, dark and evil. And when the fantastic character of Link died, because that showed how great of a film maker/script writer you guys are. Because it was a twist none of us really expected I think, and those twists show great skill in my book.
Well, I like many others, love the character of Link. He's funny, serious, charming, but stays true to the series. I also like the Darkness, because he isn't your typical run of the mill bad guy. He actually has some dimensions too him, and that's nice to see in a villain. Plus, he has that awesome cape.
Everything. The jitters in my stomach every time a new episode was released. The tension and speculations in the comment section. The clever puns, and the serious moments that makes your heart turn and twist. The brilliant script, cinematography and not to mention acting. I'm just going to wish all of it.

Thank you to everyone behind the series for creating innovative and amazing content for almost five years now. I look forward to see more videos and projects from you all! (:
-Lunshtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:10 pm 
Newcomer

A:I discovered SMB thanks to my girlfriend back in 2007. She was just browsing youtube for kaizo Mario related videos and just came across episode one of SMB.

A:I've been watching SMB since 2007. So Me being 18 in 2007 have finished my youth years with watching SMB. Me and my girlfriend are now 23 years old and feel happy being a part of this experience (Damn went off-topic :lol:)

A:Some of my favorite moments of SMB are the Bowser letters lol "RARAR..PS: I miss you...guys" and the "smells like bowser" song! Me being a nirvana fan laughed my self off to that parody. (Ah fond memories)

A:Favorite Characters would be Wario (I'm a huge Wario fan over all), Ash (I love pokemon still lol), and Mr. L (Lugi is a bad ass and the paper mario series in general xD)

A:Everything about the series. I just can't believe this series is over. Naturally as a long term fan it saddens me but things eventually have to come to an end. No more Mario and luigi running down that road super fast..to get some Bowser letters lol

-Other- You guys were over all GREAT! Congratulations and thank you very much for giving us an outstanding show. Me and my girlfriend just finished watching episode 75 and she's crying her eyes out. It feels strange being so young back in 2007 watching SMB and now in 2012 we're older with the show finally over. It's like an "end of an era" so to say. So that is all from because if I don't stop now...you'll be reading about twenty-five pages worth (like my bachelor's thesis lol)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 pm 
Newcomer

Well funny story about that....I was actually over at my friend's house and y'know she tends to ignore me a lot so I ended up searching randomly on YouTube, I saw "Stupid Mario Brothers" and instantly loved it. :D

Hmm, about two years? Just about? xD

God there are so many. I think my favorite moments are the brotherly ones between Waluigi and Wario and the ones between Luigi and Mario. I just like getting the feel that they're so close. I also enjoyed the UPS man, the Darkness, Nox Decious, DK, and well I must say everyone. It's just so hard to choose between them all. Then there's Snake and Ness. And man....I love the whole SMB cast xD

Ahhh, well in no particular order here are the man ones: The Darkness, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Snake, Merlin, UPS Man, Fed-ex, Ash (When he was there), Link, the coconut (Not even kidding), and I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of them :c

Aw, the whole thing! I'm going to miss you guys and your antics!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 pm 
Newcomer

1. I was watching Mario spoofs online and I came across it and was instantly hooked.
2. June 2011
3.the fight scenes for defo (The beamswords looked awesome in that last episode)
4. Either Ganon or the darkness as they were excellent villians
5. Everything

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:25 pm 
Newcomer

Well, I remember I had watched a lot of funny Nintendo related videos at this time, mainly Mario and Zelda related videos. I think I typed in something like "Mario bloopers", and i stumbled across the series. After watching it, i fell in love with it ^^
I remember starting to watch it either before my freshman year of high school, or during it, so it would have to be four years. I remember watching it from the beginning to about episode 16-18.
Oh wow, there's too many to name. Definitely up there on the list would be Link's introduction to the series. The fight with Mario and Nox Desious was another one of my favorites. The whole Fifth season and Fourth season have just been filled with too many great moments for me to accurately give a short answer to all of this. Of course, Episode 75 was my favorite episode. ;)
These are in no particular order. Link, Merlin, Mario, The Darkness, Luigi, Wario, Snake, Waluigi, Professor Oak, UPS, Nox Desious (i know i'm butchering the name, sorry ><), and Gannondorf. There are probably others i'm forgetting, though.
Man, what am I NOT gonna miss is the shorter answer! This show has been one of the few things i still love that hasn't changed from growing up (Started watching at 14, I turn 18 on July 1st), So it's going to be sad to not see it anymore. Even when i was down, the show's jokes could cheer me up! I guess I'll have to rewatch the series when I get down the next time :P

You guys have been an inspiration. I look forward to watching your future videos. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:27 pm 
Novice

I remember the first episode I ever saw. Episode 22 Part 3. Then Episode 23 came out the next day. This show has helped influence my dream to make a webseries on YouTube. I think that, without RMA Prod, I wouldn't have been inspired to make my own YouTube channel.

Now, for the answers to the questions.

1) I was watching random Mario videos on YouTube, then I came across said episode above. I instantly loved it. So then, I spent my time watching the series the rest of the day. Then, Episode 23 came out and watched from there.

2) I've been watching since Episode 22 Part 3. That came out in like 2008.

3) I think the earlier Ash and Brock scenes were my favorite part of the series. Either that, Link's "training," or the epic beam sword scenes.

4) All the characters are my favorite characters! But seriously, Austin's hair. Best character ever. I choose it over Chris's hair.

5) I think, the thing I miss the most will be seeing a new episode of Stupid Mario Bros in my subscription box. And the crazy ass bloopers. But I understand that everything has their time to end. And this is the end. Nothing can last forever. Everything has their end at some point. We just gotta keep enjoying them while they last.

Now, I'm off to watch the whole series again from Episode 75 to Episode 1!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:39 pm 
Newcomer

1. I found it when me and my friend were looking for a different video and stumbled upon a video called stupid mario bros episode 1. I told him not to click it and that it looked stupid as hell but he did anyways....my friend stopped me from the biggest mistake of my life. After that I got caught up wit the series in a week. I watched 1-32 and then I was caught up at that time.
2. I would say 3 and half years but its getting close to 4.
3. Ahh I would be listing all day. The entire episode 75. I honestly didn't believe you when you said 75 would be the best. Mostly because the show went downhill a bit after 70. 71-74 were a little boring. But 75 was just too good to be true. I literally pintched myself to make sure it was real lol. Other then that I love the dancing scene in the begining of the movie, Mr.L V.S Mario, All of the running and mail box gags, and the poker episode was really funny too. Hell there are too many for me to list here. You made a great show Richie and you should be nothing but pround!
4. uh.....Its kind of hard to say I love so many of them...I guess my favorite would be Wario and then probably Ash. Even though he has been gone for a while he still made me laugh all the time. But hey he had a good run and we got to see some characters come back!
5. ahh so much. Light Saber fights, Visits to the mail box, All the WACKY STUFF WOW!, yeah basically everything but the darkness however I really did enjoy the darkness in episode 75. He came back to life a lot of times which at first I thought was corny but after seeing 75 I guess I was wrong. Great job Richie. I am going to really miss the show but thanks Richie for all of the laughs you have gave us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 pm 
Newcomer

Wow. I haven't been on there since the SMB Movie was Done.
Richalvarez wrote:

I was an member for the Nsider 2 forums for Super Smash brother brawl section. I some who got an PM from SuperBanjo about this video called Stupid Mario Brother that they had a thread for. I watched the first episode and like it. ever since then, very time a got a PM from SuperBanjo about a new video in the series I watched it. After a while the PMs stoped, so I stated serching of the videos on YouTube. I found them and been watching ever since. Thanks SuperBanjo (Chris).
Richalvarez wrote:

5 years....ever since the beginning.
Richalvarez wrote:

The Bloopers and the Movie.
Richalvarez wrote:

I never had one...they are all great.
Richalvarez wrote:

I'm going to miss all the characters, the fun and laughter the series brings.
Richalvarez wrote:
And feel free to add any other thoughts you have.
Thank you again,

No, Thank you for entertaining me for 5 years.
Now that SMB is over I look forward to see what ya'll do in the future.
I'm not going anywhere.lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm 
Newcomer

1. I'm not exactly sure how I discovered it, I might have been just searching for videos like this, or it was on one of my videos that was recommended to me.
2. I think it was late Season 4 in which I joined, the episode where Mario got Amnesia.
3. I must say I loved a lot of the random stuff that happened along with all of the crazyness, but you guys stuck to the main story.
4. Kinda hard to say, but the man who played Ganondorf really played the character well.
5. I think what I'll miss most, is the fact that the whole story ended. I really did like this series a lot. I really hope you give us another amazing series like this.