The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Your reflections on the SMB sereis now that it's ended..
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:57 pm 
Newcomer

1) How did you discover Stupid Mario Brothers?

I was just looking up random videos on Youtube and happened to come across something called "Stupid Mario Brothers: Operation Blind Storm". I watched it and needless to say I was a little confused...but then I watched the first episode, and just went on from there. I've been a loyal fan of the Richalvarez channel ever since!

2) How long have you been watching?

I discovered it two years ago, though I really wish it was sooner than that...

3) What are some of your favorite moments from the series?

Any given dance scene, especially if it was to the song Let's Groove by Earth, Wind, & Fire. I loved it when the characters were just being goofy and having a good time. I liked the serious parts though too. My favorite fight scenes were the ones with the lightsa- uh I mean Beam Swords...

4) Who is/are your favorite character(s)?

I really don't want to pick any favorites, I love em all, but if I had to, I'd pick Wario. His story and development was the most interesting imo, going from rival, to enemy, to friend. He was extremely funny(especially when he was competing against Mario or bickering with Waluigi), yet he was serious when he needed to be.

5) What are you going to miss the most about SMB now that it’s finished?

As much as I loved this series, I'm not too bummed now that it's over. What I really loved wasn't the characters themselves, but the actors behind those characters. As long as you guys don't stop making videos, I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm 
Freelancer

I was on youtube one day, looking up stupid Mario videos I think, and stumbled upon Stupid Mario Bros. I watched the episodes a little out of order because I saw Episode 1, then Episode 15, and then wondered "What happened to make Episode 15 happen?" and have been hooked since.

Since Season 2 started, the summer of 2008.

Episode 8, the original dancing scene
Episode 15, the part where they read Link's letter and it says he just farted and everyone starts laughing
Basically every beamsword fight
Plus many more that I can't name!

Mario, Luigi, The Darkness, Wario

Watching the new episode every week lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 am 
Newcomer

Don't quite remember. I think it was from watching Mario parodies.
Uhm... I seem to remember waiting for season 2 or maybe it was in the middle of season 1, but pretty early on anyway.
God. There's so many. I remember I couldn't stop laughing at the whole of episode 7. And it always cracks me up when Prof. Oak says, "I guess I'll get that floor vacummed afterall and the laugh. :D
So many memorable characters. Ash, Prof. Oak, Gary, Wario....
Just the whole thing. From the laughs to the plot. I'm going miss your videos that have a linear storyline seeing as you're only gonna' make sketches and music videos, but I'm sure they'll be just as funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 pm 
Newcomer

My reflections are that this series is too much of a staple of RichAlvarez to ever end. Yeah, I know, the show is over, but some things are never meant to end. It's just like some actors continually revisiting roles in movies or TV series that were over and done with years or even decades ago. I don't think you'll be able to resist making further developments on Stupid Mario Bros., Richie. I think you'll inevitably make another Interactive Adventure, another movie, or simply restarting the show again. When you do, I'll be right there cheering you on. :)

Oh, and I took your advice from episode 75 when you said we should watch the entire show over again. I did, and as I did, I decided I couldn't put up with YouTube and the internet cutting in and out, so I just downloaded all five seasons, the movie, and Blind Storm. Now I can watch it all in perfect quality whenever I want and whenever my siblings want!

On that note, I want to thank you for making me and my siblings laugh. We've all enjoyed some serious laughs from your videos AND your blooper reels. It keeps making us want to make videos of our own. It was definitely worth the effort and space on my PC to get all the videos. I can play them now in the snap of a finger. Thanks you guys, and good luck on getting The Clicking Noise released!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 pm 
Newcomer

Ive been watching sense episode 7 a friend showed it to me I thought it was awesome. and now i make mario blues brothers. Great

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 am 
Newcomer

I actually got a message from Rich's channel after I expressed enthusiasm for Poypak's video "Mario: Game Over" I even got a response once explaining why Mario and Luigi didn't have mustaches. I really wish I still had the messages but I must have deleted them for some stupid reason.

I don't remember exactly how long, but it was pretty early on in the series. I think might have been since 2007 when the series was just getting started.

I loved the entire series in general. I liked how the episodes progressed from light-hearted comedic pieces to an epic series with some humor on the side. My top two moments though, were probably the season 1 finale and the series finale. The season 1 final battle was like nothing I'd ever seen until then. I think it set the standard for the big fights and it kept me laughing all the way through. My favorite parts of that episode was how the FedEx man, DK, and Ash joined the final battle, the way Peach ended up saving Mario, and the "False ending." I loved the series finale because of how serious it was. It had a happy ending, but at the same time it made me realize that it's really over. It made me think back to when I was first introduced to the series five years ago and how far it has come. I wanted to cry (in a good) way because I just think the ending was so powerful and so well done. The "Avengers" spoof at the end cheered me up again though and it got me looking forward to the occasional skits that you guys mentioned.

That's a REALLY tough question. I want to say all of them, but that's just too broad. I love the characters you made up like the FedEx and UPS man. Merlin, Nox, and the Darkness also made way for a serious plotline which worked well. I think my favorite characters are still Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi, the ones who were there from the start.

Everything. I'm going to miss checking Youtube and finding new episodes when they get submitted, getting mad when the next season gets delayed, wondering what's going to happen next in the series, and just seeing all the fun that goes into every episode. It makes me want to go back in time five years and do it all over. But I guess it's not all over because there's still the promise of the occasional skit and parodies featuring Mario and co. Still, I think now's the best time to say to Rich and everyone else behind Stupid Mario Brothers, Thank YOU for an amazing five years!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6