The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your reflections on the SMB sereis now that it's ended..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:56 am 
Newcomer

Richard! Nice work. I really enjoyed watching all these years. It's hard to believe it's over.

I discovered your series in 2009 (yup that long ago) one day while procrastinating at college. Somehow, I stumbled upon an episode, either by related videos or typing "stupid mario" in the search bar... I can't remember which. Anyway, your series got my to laugh, and I was hooked. Since then, I've gotten my BA, gone to grad school, have a job, and a wife. :) Through it all, I've stayed up to date with your channel.

I really like how your show used video game material for humor and for a unique storyline. The jokes are what kept me tuning in each week, and the bloopers. :D It's really alot like the kind of stuff my friends and I would've done a few years back. You could say it made me feel nostalgic.

Honestly, my favorite character was Ash. After Dane left the series, I didn't find it as funny. I keep reading about a falling out you two had... what happened?

What I'll miss the most will just be knowing there's one less video game parody series on youtube. Good luck in your future endeavors, Richie! May you make it big. In my mind, you already have.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 am 
Landsman

1) How did you discover Stupid Mario Brothers?
I was introduced to SMB by my frosh year of college (Fall 2009) by one of my friends I had made at school. We were both gamers and I loved comedy and stuff, and he showed me this. I'll be honest, I wasn't super impressed at firs, but I though Richie was SUPER cute, so I kept watching. As I progressed in episodes, I loved it more and more.

2) How long have you been watching?
I have been watching since my friend introduced me back then, so 2.5 years. With every season, I watched as soon as the new stuff came out, and I remember moaning and groaning, waiting for ACT II of the Movie, which besides the series finale, is my favorite part of SMB.

3) What are some of your favorite moments from the series?
death of Link in Act II (pretty much ALL of Act II), episode 6 (aka the intro of Ash), and the series finale!!! OMG the finale was AMAZING!! In fact, after the series finale, I'm pretty sure the finale battle between Darkness and Nox Decious is my favorite now. Not just the music, but the effects, the fighting, it was just epic. I also cried as the Darkness died, and the final scene of him just laying forward made me cry.

4) Who is/are your favorite character(s)?
Mario, Wario (from Act I - to the end), Ash, Brock, Gary, Prof Oak, DARKNESS!!! (mostly in Act II), Link, Captain Morgan.... pretty much ANYTHING Julian played, actually.

5) What are you going to miss the most about SMB now that it’s finished?
I think I'm going to miss having something to look forward too like a TV show... Of course I'm going to stay subscribed to Richalvarez, but I think I'm going to miss seeing everyone together like in the videos... I know one of the main reasons SMB is ending cause of people growing up / moving away, and that makes me sad, because I know once I finish college, I'm going to have the same problem with my friends... It's been great seeing your guy's friendships over the years, because it really helps makes the series work. I'm so excited to see new faces, new ideas, and new videos, though.

I just wanted to note, that when Link showed up on the screen, I screamed... like, legit screamed. I'm so glad my room mate wasn't home, otherwise she'd probably hate me from how much I was screaming and cheering and crying during the series finale.

I am so thankful for this series, Richie and everyone. I am so glad I got to enjoy this series the past 2.5 years. Thank you for providing us with great entertainment and a work of art which we will continue to enjoy even though it has ended. I'm excited to see what the future holds for RMA Productions. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.

I was looking up some funny Mario videos, and found a few episodes of Stupid Mario Brothers. I watched those, and really liked them. Eventually, I looked up the rest of the episodes.

Since the wait for the movie, I think. Which would be about 2 years.

I have got many favourite moments in the series, although I have to say the final episode has been the best, and really impressed me.

The Darkness, definetly. At first, he was a villian, but
Spoiler:
as he had merged with Mario's spirit, and it began affecting him, he just became a great character in general, eventually dying after he had finally achieved his goal in life: killing Decious, so he could let go of his past of being his tool.

Watching new episodes, seeing what Rich would be able to come up with for the series, and of course, the characters. (I am aware that most characters are Nintendo characters, although I personally don't think they are exactly the same. The Nintendo Mario is different from Rich's Mario, Nintendo Luigi is different from Rich's Luigi, etc. I think they have each become Rich's characters, which have grown into a different direction than the Nintendo characters.)

And... I'd just like to add one thingy. Just how I will remember the series. Heck, that's what this thread is for, isn't it? Anyway, I will remember the series as an amazing series, which has brought me together with an amazing group of people, who in turn helped me through a hard period of my life... For that, I want to thank you, Richie. Without you making these series, I would've A. just not seen the series, which I personally really like, B. not have met all these amazing people. Just... Thank you, Richie. Thank you so much.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm 
Newcomer

I forgot what I was originally watching (Possibly some other fan made lightsabre battles) and I stumbled across Stupid Mario Bros The Movie Act ll and that portion just blew me away especially the bout between Wario and The Darkness. At the time I think Season 4 was about half way through so I had A LOT of catching up to do.

Mid way through season 4 so around a year and a half maybe.

There are so many, some that stick out to me are the verbal fight between Waluigi and Wario about their friendship. Obviously Act ll as a whole. As for fights, my tops are Luigi vs Waluigi, Mario vs Nox, Wario vs The Darkness, Wario vs Everyone and Darkness vs Nox. The ending to the Mario vs Ganon fight was definitely one of the best moments of the show, from the acting, dialogue, and the music it was perfect. (Im ripping my hair out trying to find a dang soundtrack to this episode lol)

Wario = Hilarious but also at the same time, the same potential to be a total bad ass.
Mario = Its Mario! Like the perfect blend of it all
Waluigi = I havent seen much of him but I think thats what makes him so cool for me heh, he arrives, kicks ass, leaves.
Luigi = Seems like the most stable out of everyone and the most I can connect with because while Wario has his morality conundrums and Mario is this bigger than life character, Luigi keeps it more on a level ground where Im always rooting for him and looking for his take on the situation.
Prof. Oak was also hilarious and I loved every minute we got to see him heh

Im going to miss everything, seeing these familiar actors as well as the story itself. You guys had a good run! Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 pm 
Newcomer

Flipnote Hatena. A user named Anthony made a SMB spinoff on their and i enjoyed it. When i found out it was a series on youtube, i looked it up. and after that i was hooked.

About 2-3 years, i think. i know i started watching after th movie was made.

Battles and Bloopers

My all-time fav has to be Matt. He always makes me laugh. My other favs are Richie, Chris, Julian and Austin.

The anticipation of a new SMB to watch every week.

And the ending you guys made was amazing! It was definately worth the wait!

Last edited by soccer2021 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:21 pm 
Newcomer

1) I just wanted to find cool mario videos, and then i found RichAlvarez channel and i began to watch their series.
2) One and a half years.
3) I don't know, maybe the end of the series, and the act 2 both was really awesome.
4) There's too many of them, but i have to say Darkness and Wario, i think they are funny characters.
5) Hmmm... we will see, hope that RichAlvvarez had many good ideas for future and we will se those soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 pm 
Newcomer

1. I was looking for funny Mario videos and miraculously stumbled on the end of season 1 and started from the beginning.

2. I have been watching since the end of season 1.

3. I loved all of the series in its entirety its impossible to pick one or a couple.

4. You guys were all awesome im looking forward to more videos but im going to truly miss SMB. It felt like watching the final Harry Potter to me it made a big impact on me and I was very sad to see it end. Ill miss seeing the others who are moving away and wont be able to be in your videos.

5. Seeing all of you together dressing up in your costumes. Making funny videos that have all of you. Ill miss SMB so much. Thank you Richalvarez and co. You gave all of us a truly great thing. You have left your mark on us all. We will never forget SMB and I will always go back and watch them when I am in the need to see it again. You all are very funny and I wish all of you luck in your journey into the unknown of the future. I will miss many of you moving away and seeing you in Richalvarez videos. You guys are amazing. I cannot thank you enough. I feel moved by those songs in the end of episode 75. They were really great songs. I will always be a fan of SMB even when im 80. Ill be a fan forever and ill never forget the great gift you have given us your fans Richalvarez and co. You have shown so much true dedication to your fans and I know that we will all be eternally grateful. For I feel now going through the journey of SMB with you all that us as your fans and all of you are like family. Thank you again so much. STUPID MARIO BROTHERS FOREVER!!!

Sincerely,
Cody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 pm 
Newcomer

1) How did you discover Stupid Mario Brothers? i don't remember exactly, I remember clicking on something which brought me into a chat room with you guys and you told me to watch it and I have been ever since.

2) How long have you been watching? Season 1 about the 5th episode is when I started.

3) What are some of your favorite moments from the series? I have many, I really like The Darkness scene with him and Mr. L I thought Richie's acting was excellent during that scene, The saber fights were always good probably episode 30's fight is my favorite, the movie in itself was awesome, I know you don't talk anymore but Ash had a lot of funny scenes my favorite is when JMK singing for the longest time and hes making faces the whole time.

4) Who is/are your favorite character(s)? I think Richie played the Darkness Character so well it became one of my favorites, Wario is one of my favorites also, Ash, Mario, Luigi & Waluigi.

5) What are you going to miss the most about SMB now that it’s finished? This was one of the only shows ever that I would wait at home for the episodes to come out I did this for 5 straight years and have seen every episode a day within them coming out. I really enjoyed the dialogue in this series the story got me hooked and after episode I wanted more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 pm 
Newcomer

1.) How did you discover Stupid Mario Brothers? Well one time, i was just on youtube and i saw the start of part 1- of act 1 of the movie and i thought it was pretty funny so i had a look at Season 1 and i never missed an episode after that.

2.) How long have you been watching? When Act 1 came out, i started watching Season 1

3.) What are some of your favourite moments from the series? When The Darkness killed link in Act 2 of the Movie, All the fights - my favourite fight was probaly in episode 30 - Nox Deious Vs Mario. Episode 34 - When Snake and Ash played basketball with Mario and Luigi with Brock as the referee. I also enjoyed the scenes with Ash, Brock and Gary

4.) Who are your favourite characters? I loved all the characters on the show but if i had to choose a few, i would say Link, The Darkness, Ash and Brock.

5.) What are you going to miss about SMB now it has finished? Everyting - Im really going to real miss seeing you guys act as the characters from SMB. Im going to miss the whole plot of the series.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 am 
Newcomer

1. early 2008, I looked up real Mario bros.
2. since early summer of 08
3. have to be the sped up walking scenes from season 1
4. Luigi,Ness, Wario, darkness,zubashi (however you spell it), link, coconut, ash, prof. oak, the list goes on....
5.Im going to miss endless summerfulls of fun watching the series and the new ep.

Thank you Mr. Alvarez for the laughter you brought.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 am 
Mediate

1. My best friend showed me episose 7 and i died laughing...after that, we watches a few more episodes then i became hooked...i went home and watched every single richalveraz video ever.

2. When i first watched episode 7 with my best friend, the movie was already made and everything. I have pretty much been watching around 3 years.

3. Just everything. Especially with any scenes with the darkness. And any kind of singing.

4. Shadow mario...without question...^_^

5. Im going to miss everything...the excitement of knowing a new episode will be coming out...this series has literally changed my life. I've met so many amazing people on here that i know for a fact will be a part of my life forever. I will forever look back on this series with great admiration and love.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am 
Newcomer

1) Watching random stuff on Youtube
2) Have watched the series from 2008
3) Darkness rising from the movie and epic fights and funny scenes (Pirate crunch now :DD)
4) Mario, Luigi, Darkness, Merlin , Decious , Wario
5) The whole series.. I have been watching this for a very very very long time (not so long as others),but it has been very important to me and I'm sad it ends, but it ended in a excellent way. Points to Richie for that!

Thank you Richie for an excellent series what I have always enjoyed to watch. I loved SMB from the beginning to the end.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am 
Newcomer

(1.) Just sort stumbled upon it one day, I don't remember anything specific.
(2.) Since...2008-2009, somewhere in that time frame.
(3.) Oh...there so many...If I had to choose 1 or 2, I'd say the part where you guys danced in the SMB movie! Next would be that race you guys had in season 1 and the movie. My official answer is...seasons 1, 4, and the movie! ^_^
(4.) Probably Wario and Waluigi. But don't worry, Mario and Luigi are givens! ^_^
(5.) Is that a serious question? Things like seasons 1-4, and the movie! Sorry, guys, really wasn't a fan of Season 5...execution of it all...was just...eh. Season 4 was much better, perhaps it was too good, *sigh.*

Final thoughts:

I have to tell you guys...Season 5 was the weakest of all the seasons, there was hardly anything I liked about it. Except maybe the finale, but even that felt super amateur-ish in comparison with everything SMB-related that came before it. There just wasn't any passion in it all. I did, however, feel a sense of...melancholy when the credits started rolling...I'll give you that. But I tell ya, I could have been a lot sadder, had you guys not treated season 5 like...a job! Hell, maybe I would have been less sad! (Preferably that!) I'll remember you guys for the better times...don't worry. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm glad that it all came to an end, probably for the same reasons you are. I likely won't forget all those fun times, anytime soon.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:21 pm 
Newcomer

I was watching the trailer for Super Mario Galaxy and on the suggestions list i saw 'Stupid Mario Bros Episode 1, so i clicked on it and i thought it was the funniest thing i ever saw so i kept watching up until the end

2) How long have you been watching? August 2008
I have many. Mario, Luigi and Ash dancing to lets groove tonight. Mario vs Wario with the beam swords. Luigi, Link, Ups and Ash singing For the longest time. Wario and Waluigi argument (Great acting by both Matt and Doug). Luigi vs Waluigi. Mario vs Nox Decious. Snakes first episode. The football game. Monster Mower in the movie. All the fights in act 2. Wario leaving the group. And everything in Episode 75

Wario, Darkness, Nox Decious and Donkey Kong (I was on top of the world when he came back in Season 4)

Everything, comedy, fights and knowing there will be no more episodes, movies, or specials

Thanks for everything Richie!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:53 pm 
Newcomer

1) I discovered Stupid Mario Brothers when me and my dad were looking for a cartoon Mario thing and we found something from what looked like family guy, then i saw Mario game over by poypac and i looked in related videos and saw super awesome Mario costumes. The video was titled "Stupid Mario Brothers Episode - 12" I watched it and it was so funny i watched the rest of them (there were only 2 seasons at the time) i have been a huge fan every since memorizing every episode and knowing all the actors names.
2) I started watching a month after season 2 came out, i got so exited when i saw the trailers for season 3 and i kept watching from there.
3) I have a lot I MEAN A LOT of favorite scenes so i will list my top 5! 5.In the movie act II part 3 to be exact, the fight between the darkness and Wario i always try to reenact it. 4. the end of episode 28 to the end of episode 29, when Doug (Waluigi) and Matt (Wario) have that argument that will always stick in my head it was sad and very well acted and the fight between Chris (Luigi) and Doug was pretty awesome i especially loved the music in that. 3. Probably when Tim Chang (Kammik) and Josh Kling (Bowser) made there fist apperences it was awesome i always wanted to see what bowser looked like and it was an awesome moment when we got to see bowser for real. 2. Probably the fight in episode 44 that has to be included on the list lol. AND FINALLY NUMBER 1. Episode 13 and 16 i Know this seems a bit odd but i loved this episode a lot that i cant explain why it just always had me thinking.
4) I love many villains you include in the series and many heroes, so top 5 heroes and villains! first i will do heroes, 5. DK he was pretty cool and i liked many scenes with him in it h was really awesome. 4. Ups he was always a favorite of mine due to him singing that tune he always sings. 3. Luigi Of course i have to have a Mario bro it was a tough decision but Luigi i think is better. 2. Waluigi- i had a tough decision between Ness Wario and Johnny cyclops but Waluigi seems better because he is the classic mentor. and 1. Link how can you go wrong with link Kent did a wonderful job with the role and every scene he was in was important or funny in some way. NOW VILLAINS 5. fedex i have to have him on the list he was funny and cool so yeah. 4. Bowser was amazing i loved the fight scene from episode 75 and in the beginning of act II part 1. 3. Ganondorf i was going to have him be number 2 or even 1 but he was just in season 5, i picked him because i have been waiting for him ever sense link talked about him in episode 20. 2. Nox Decious he was amazing besides Wario (when he was evil) Nox was the first villain i really loved he was my favorite i love Chris's acting (especially season 2) but my number one favorite is fantastic. 1. THE DARKNESS- he was just AWESOME he is the classic villain that starts out calm then becomes all insane like im sure many people agree he is the best villain!
5) I am going to miss the story line the comedy the seriousness the familiar cast members you have done a FANTASTIC job with the series you are my favorite you tube person of all time (you deserve WAY more subscribers) you got me into video making i wish i could meet you in person and tell you how much you rock even with different series's too you are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Richard. p.s. when i referenced a certain episode i did not try to find which episode or actor i was talking about i really know this stuff lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next