The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Who is the Koopa? [Speculation/Prediction Thread]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:03 pm 
Co-Creator

Hey all, Chris here. In the Plumber Knight Returns, I play Lieutenant John Gibbs, head of the Ferral City Police Department.

My number 1 mission is... discover the identity of the Koopa.

And I need your help. Who do you think he is/isn't? Who do you hope he is/isn't? Why?

All predictions are welcome. If you think you know who it is, let's hear some good detective work backing up your claim.

We'll be gathering more information on the Koopa as time goes on. Alright detectives, get to work!

Last edited by SuperBanjo (Luigi) on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Who is the Koopa? [Speculation/Prediction Thread]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:39 pm 
Commentator

((I should be good at this, I guessed who The Vessel was no problem))

Alright, I'm thinking it could be that Doctor dude. He gave me a really bad vibe with his vilifying of Mario for no reason. Even in BBC's Sherlock, Sally Donovan; the character who criticizes Sherlock has valid points. We can see where she is coming from and have some basic understanding to her points.

But the silhouette may say otherwise. I'll need a headshot of him for further study...

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 pm 
Co-Creator

Detective L. Juse, nice work. I'll add Dr. Horace to our suspect list.

Also, I just put in a request to the Channel 5 Feral City News Team for a screenshot from the most recent Koopa tape. Here's that headshot you requested... keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:05 pm 
Commentator

Thanks, but I'll one of Horace to do a side-by-side.

Although, that figure could just be a puppet...HYDRA did something like that...so Koopa might as well

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:07 pm 
Storyteller

Yeah, boss, i got a tip in from an anonymous source who watched all the news reports back when the red and blue crusader first went to save his girlfriend years ago. My source believes that the brother, Luigi, the same one Mario supposedly lost, wasn't killed at all. Perhaps he was tired of always bein' his Player 2, if you're pickin' up what i'm puttin' down. After all, we never saw a body, all we have is word of mouth to go on!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:06 pm 
Freelancer

Cap wrote:
Yeah, boss, i got a tip in from an anonymous source who watched all the news reports back when the red and blue crusader first went to save his girlfriend years ago. My source believes that the brother, Luigi, the same one Mario supposedly lost, wasn't killed at all. Perhaps he was tired of always bein' his Player 2, if you're pickin' up what i'm puttin' down. After all, we never saw a body, all we have is word of mouth to go on!

Yes, Luigi is a possible suspect. Being Number 2 to Mario has always been an issue of his and faking his death and becoming the Koopa would be an interesting way to get back at his brother.

Still Luigi and Dr. Horus are only two suspects and there's not a lot of evidence for either. We need to wait it out until we can find anything more. Who knows, maybe the Koopa is someone we just don't know yet.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:24 pm 
Newcomer

Much like Jason Todd posing as the Red Hood after his supposed death in the DC Universe, I believe Luigi might have done the same and is now posing as The Koopa to basically let Mario now people still need The Overalled Protector!

Last edited by DoctorThrowback on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:54 pm 
Intermediate

I believe I have solved it. Please bear with my deductive reasoning.

Looking at the size of the silhouette, we can safely assume that this so-called "Koopa" is a large person. Or a small person very much zoomed in. Regardless, I shall suggest against Lady Juse's suggestion of Dr. Horace as well as the suggestion of Mario's brother, Luigi, who is notoriously tall and skinny. I will not delve into the possibilities of a "Man behind the man" situation, because we are merely speculating on the identity of the Koopa.

Now. Mario is referred to as the "Red and Blue Crusader". And the sky is blue, which leaves the color red. The color of Soviet Russia. Now, Russians are the notorious villains of many a James Bond film, but there is evidence to suggest a different direction. Mario wears a hat, and who else wears a hat? That's right! Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones deals with the Russians in the infamous Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie. Which leads to...

Aliens. These Xenomorphs are hunted down by Predators, of whom were evaded by Arnold "Get to tha Choppah!" Schwarzenegger. And everyone know's helicopters mean government conspiracies. And there is one place with more conspiracies than any other, Night Vale. Night Vale has many delightful tourist attractions, including a stadium and waterfront boardwalk.

The most famous boardwalk of all is none other than on the Monopoly board, such as the one that Andrew Carnegie made his fortune on. Carnegie is credited with writing the Gospel of Wealth as well as having his name on the Carnegie Mellon University. We know this is relevant because Carnegie Mellon is right outside of Pittsburgh, where the Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" was filmed.

Pittsburgh has a couple major sports teams, one of which is the Pittsburgh Pirates. Barbary Corsairs that extorted the from most powerful European nations. Thomas Jefferson fought back against them, and when one thinks of Jefferson, they also think of...

Margaret Thatcher. Now, here's were I got stuck a bit, because I'm not British so I don't really know what Margaret Thatcher actually did.

Luckily, I found the final lead the other day, when I received a text from my sister (She meant to send it to her husband, but misclicked, but that's not important). She said that the grocery store was low on bananas because of a late shipment. Obviously, this means nothing by itself. Just chance. But the person who took the last group was wearing a shirt with a crown on it.

Kings wear crowns.
King Koopa.
King Kong
Donkey Kong

We've had incidents of stolen bananas before. And therefore, based on this chain of evidence, I believe I have figured out who the Koopa is.

Undoubtedly, the man claiming to be the Koopa is Alec Baldwin.

Can you not see the resemblance?
Spoiler:
Attachment:
Alec Baldwin-RMA Koopa.png
Alec Baldwin-RMA Koopa.png [ 310.85 KiB | Viewed 1329 times ]

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 pm 
Newcomer

If you look close enough at the silhouette of The Koopa it looks like someone who might be wearing an oversized hooded sweatshirt with a possible plumber's signature cap. I think it could be one of three people. A)Luigi B)Wario or C)Waluigi. These are just some thoughts. I may be right, I may be wrong. Just think about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 pm 
Commentator

Though the speculation using the silhouette is a good point, I don't think we should take the silhouette as fact for Koopa. It could be a red herring.

Like in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D...(MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW)
Spoiler:
In the episode End of the Beginning, they encounter who they think it the Clairvoyant. However, it soon turned out that who they thought the Clairvoyant was was simply a decoy to keep them off their tracks

It could be Luigi even, maybe even being held a gunpoint. It would explain why we don't see his face within this theory. Then again, we didn't see the Clairvoyant until the decoy as well...not even sure the Goombas know his true identity...

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:41 am 
Role Player

I said it in my first comment on Episode 1. It's Luigi. It would explain why he wouldn't want Mario killed, he may still have a shred of caring for his brother. However, he still feels abandoned. I don't think it has much to do with being no. 2 so much as being left alone for so many years. Mario believing him dead mourned the loss of his best friend and brother, gave up being a hero. This will not change how Luigi feels about being betrayed. The Koopa may very well be Luigi, but this could have a whole Darth Vader and Darth Sidious thing going on. Koopa may only look like he's the main bad guy, but we may find another guy pulling the strings. Reminding Luigi/Koopa on a regular basis his brother left him, gave up on him.

As to the speculation about the Doctor... I don't think it's him. I think he's just an a**hole trying to get his 15 minutes in, and the only way he knows how is by being negative. OR maybe he's the Darth Sidious... but he doesn't seem that devious... or smart... just an a**hole. (No offense to Doug, I don't think he is haha)

These are my speculations. I could have gotten it totally wrong and you guys hoodwinked us all! We shall see.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 pm 
Newcomer

I'm usually pretty decent at solving mysteries, but it is much to early in the season to come to any real conclusion. My current standpoint is that the Koopa is a new character entirely.
My reasoning behind this theory basically revolves around the fact that Richie wants to make a new, and much darker series than Stupid Mario Bros. Why go through all the trouble of creating a new series if only to have an enemy or friend from Mario's past be the villain? With that being said, the Koopa may be someone whom Mario met in the past.
One guy who I am nearly 100% sure is not the Koopa, is Doug (or that doctor guy). He only stops by around the holidays, so the chances of him playing such a central and vital character is VERY unlikely.
And there you have it, hopefully Richie throws some bigger clues out there as time goes on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:33 am 
Creator

Here's the Ferral City Police Department's Board of Interest for the time Being

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:14 am 
Freelancer

(Whoa! You're stretching out the thread Richie!)

I honestly think it is someone we haven't met yet.

Dr. Horace is probably one of my suspects, but the only reason I don't think he is the one is because I think he is just some jerk wanting money for wanting Mario off the streets. It's no different than people making money off of ruining and bashing other people's lives. I mean if the Koopa was going to do anything to get Mario, I doubt he would be taking that kind of approach. If anything, it would probably be a character that would encourage him to go back to his job saving lives, and being the Super Mario. Dr. Horace probably might be the Koopa as Mario would suggest, therefore interrogating him, to find out he's not the Koopa, which results in Dr. Horace believing he's right about Mario.

I know many people say Luigi is a suspect, but my question is two huge words. How? Why? There should be no reason for Luigi to turn against his own brother for any circumstance. "Being Number 2 to Mario has always been an issue of his." Really? I mean I could very much be wrong, but the only reason people say he's possible is because of the whole sibling rivalry thing, which let's be honest people DOESN'T EXIST! It's just fans wanting Luigi to share more screen time. Sure they are bound to have their problems once in a while, but I doubt it's because of Mario being the protagonist of the games, while Luigi is usually second player. It works fine in Stupid Mario Brothers since it is a satire parody. But in this kind of story, the Koopa being Luigi just doesn't work. It would be very bad writing if it was Luigi. But if it is Luigi, maybe RMA has found an explanation other than just being "Player 2." But if they haven't even come up with who it is, I just hope it is not Luigi.

There's no way it could be Denise Wright, Ness, or even Lt. John Gibbs. John could be possible, but if he's suppose to be the Commissioner Gordon of The Plumber Knight, then it's less likely, even though it would be the perfect cloak. Honestly, I think the only possible character it could be is Mayor Phillip Carson. We still have yet to see what he is like, since he is played by Scott Otter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:24 pm 
Commentator

The Koopa could be various people. I shall say that I have no proper idea about who he might be at the moment. Luigi seems to be one of the main suspects, but before we agree wheter or not he is the Koopa, we must ask ourselves one question: Did Mario just hear about his brothers death or did he see the body as well? I personally hope the last, as that would rule out Luigi. I'm not saying it can't be him, but to me it seems a bit clichée.

I would think him to be Bowser Jr, trying to avenge Mario for killing his dad, but that also seems very unlikely, as both Bowser and Bowser Jr are characters who's costume is too difficult to make.

And judging by the form of the face, we can only make one conclusion....

The Koopa is....

Spoiler:
Johnny Cyclops.

Obviously, that last one was a joke. But I think you've got that. Personally, I'm going to wait for more hints to pop up before making a final conclusion.