The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Who is the Koopa? [Speculation/Prediction Thread]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:51 pm 
Commentator

Nitsua, that's why I think Luigi might be the voice for Koopa. Not actually Koopa; but just who is speaking for him. Maybe at gunpoint like I said. But the jawline may not match.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:58 am 
Creator

Lt. Gibbs has informed me that he's made contact with Mario. The word is that mario may be heading to the koopa's hideout at this very moment. If this is indeed the case, i wonder if he can handle it.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 am 
Freelancer

Richalvarez wrote:
Lt. Gibbs has informed me that he's made contact with Mario. The word is that mario may be heading to the koopa's hideout at this very moment. If this is indeed the case, i wonder if he can handle it.

Hopefully so, Mario's a pretty strong guy and he should be able to survive it. At least long enough to face the Koopa and at least find out more about him. Make sure to give us more info as it comes.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:54 pm 
Newcomer

In the Koopa's most recent appearance, it doesn't take an eagle eye to notice how slowly the Koopa stands from his chair. This could very well be a sign that the Koopa is elderly like Mario. Though I hope its not Luigi, this movement really seems to point the finger in his direction.

Also, the sigh that the Koopa utters comes off to me as if the Koopa is troubled by something. Perhaps someone is controlling him and forcing him to do all this. Or it could simply be that Richie wanted a sound to be made instead of just awkward silence.

In the walkie talkie conversation, we really got to see that the Koopa actually despises Mario and wants to make him suffer. This is opposed to the Koopa just generally not liking him just because hes a good guy. I really think that the Koopa may indeed come from Mario's past, and therefore have a true reason to want to make him suffer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:06 am 
Creator

We have now seen plenty examples of goombas hurting mario, but not taking him to the koopa. (The koopas who left mario alone after the street mine, jeckle who pinned him to a statue). This is "most likely" because the koopa just wants to see mario suffer. And perhaps he really wants Mario to get to him on his own, despite what he says. Mayor carson said "dont you have goons for that, like that jeckle guy"? Implying that thousands of goombas could go get mario at anytime. Perhapps koopa is sending in the mayor to rub it in marios face? Who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:01 pm 
Freelancer

Richalvarez wrote:
We have now seen plenty examples of goombas hurting mario, but not taking him to the koopa. (The koopas who left mario alone after the street mine, jeckle who pinned him to a statue). This is "most likely" because the koopa just wants to see mario suffer. And perhaps he really wants Mario to get to him on his own, despite what he says. Mayor carson said "dont you have goons for that, like that jeckle guy"? Implying that thousands of goombas could go get mario at anytime. Perhapps koopa is sending in the mayor to rub it in marios face? Who knows?

You certainly have a good point. Whoever the Koopa is, he has some form of a vendetta/hatred towards Mario. The fact that he hasn't gotten his hands on Mario yet despite having so many people and power at his disposal proves that he wants to rub it in to Mario and show how powerful he is and make him suffer. This motivation is quite fascinating, but until we can find out more or discover who the Koopa is and why he is doing all this. We don't have a lot to work on.

Who would want to see Mario suffer horribly?

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:20 pm 
Newcomer

Alright, I've been putting this together for a while now. If it's none of these guys, then I'd be shocked.

Luigi:
Probably the most obvious choice for the Koopa's identity. Luigi could have been brought back to life or never died at all. Perhaps this is his way of getting back at Mario for all those years of being player 2. Or maybe he is being brainwashed by a 3rd party, which would, in fact, be a good segway into season 2. Mario's dream of Luigi showed Luigi's back to Mario, it had a sense of foreboding to it, and Mario not being able to reach Luigi could be a form of metaphor as to the fact that no matter what, Mario can no longer help his brother or turn him around to the good side (I'm probably over thinking it). However, there are problems with this, the main one being that its TO obvious. I would like to think that Richie would have more up his sleeves than that. If anything, it would make more sense for Luigi to be the other crime fighter in Rapids City (sorta like the Under the Red Hood plot of which I am very familiar). In episode 9, there can be no denying that the Koopa's pants and shoes resembled Luigi's in many ways, furthering the evidence that its him.

Ness:
One of my biggest hopes is that Ness is the Koopa. Think about the evidence: Ness appears in only one episode, only to remind Mario of his dead brother and telling him he should return to crime fighting. This is all right before the Koopa takes charge. Also, the Koopa seems incredibly intelligent and all knowing. While he could have cameras stationed everywhere, it would make more sense if he was psychic. Despite this, Ness is not, in fact, all knowing at all. As he stated in SMB episode 27: "I can only speculate." This could explain why he did not know Mario's fake identity. The biggest problem with this theory is that Ness would be awful young in the killing of Luigi, its certainly not impossible though. How cool would it be to see Ness use his powers in a fight, since he only used them ONE TIME EVER in the SMB movie.

Wario:
Though not incredibly likely, the chances of Wario being the Koopa actually does make some sense. Richie began asking who we thought the Koopa was VERY early in the series, before a plethora of other characters were even revealed! This makes me think the Koopa could very well be a past character. Wario, even in the final season was shown to be easily angered and not totally against abandoning his comrades in the middle of a war. He'd be strong enough to defeat Luigi if he wanted to. My biggest problem with this theory is that Wario would have no reason to do it as far as I can tell. The fact that he was subtly referenced, makes it somewhat possible.

Bowser Junior or One of Bowser's Kids:
This one makes a fair amount of sense, seeing as if Mario killed their dad, one of the kids would be bound to avenge him and kill Luigi. Furthermore, Bowser is pretty much just a Koopa on steroids, so his kid calling himself The Koopa makes actual sense. It would be an interesting twist but the problem is once again age, Luigi is a versatile fighter and took down Bowser in SMB, so taking out one of his kids shouldn't have been hard. Plus, there has been absolutly NO evidence to support this in either SMB or TPKR.

Princess Peach:
Alright, I know this one seems stupid, but it'd probably be one of the biggest twists imaginable. Perhaps she was revived at one pint and now wants revenge on Mario for not saving her. This could explain the Koopa's phrase of "What do you see in our plumber friend" in episode 9. Sounds like something an angered girlfriend would say. It could be another princess, perhaps Pauline or even Daisy, seeing as Mario failed to save her lover's life. Also, disguising her voice would make more sense than any other character, seeing as a woman's voice as the Koopa would be WAY to obvious since Mario spent so much time with her.

Kemek:
Also a Koopa, Kemek being the main villain of TPKR makes SO much sense. He was Bowser's right hand man, after hearing that Mario killed his boss, he could quite frankly kill Luigi if he tried hard enough and age is no longer an issue here! Kemek was never mentioned in this series, but anyone familiar with Super Mario must be aware of Kemek's relationship with Bowser and that he'd do anything for him. Kemek even tried to take over Ferrel City, just like how his boss tried in the Mushroom Kingdom.