The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Where has Merlin been?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm 
Newcomer

Maybe I'm just a guy who pays attention to details but where exactly has Merlin been? I mean he has been in only 2 scenes in the movie. Perhaps he will have more screen time in Part 6, but what do you think?

Post subject: Re: were is merlin??????
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 pm 
Freelancer

Merlin is just there to help everyone defeat the Darkness and Decious. He gives and advice, and that's mainly it. I wish that we could see Merlin get in a fight though, with his green lightsaber (for those of you who know what I'm talking about).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:18 pm 
Commentator

Wii Master 64 wrote:
Merlin is just there to help everyone defeat the Darkness and Decious. He gives and advice, and that's mainly it. I wish that we could see Merlin get in a fight though, with his green lightsaber (for those of you who know what I'm talking about).

the green saber was in fact the Nether Saber. So...very unlikely he would fight with it.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:15 pm 
Intermediate

Merlin is busy sitting at his table plotting the success for the "good guys"
I'd much rather see any of Rich's other characters in a scene than Merlin though

Merlin is just a guy who helps along the story, he himself has little significance. Like Vayne in FFXII. Everybody knows the real antagonist of that game was Cid.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 pm 
Freelancer

Lady Juse wrote:
Wii Master 64 wrote:

the green saber was in fact the Nether Saber. So...very unlikely he would fight with it.

No, I think the Nether Saber was built after Decious got his face marred because Decious created the Darkness and binded the Truth Stone to his soul. Since Merlin knew his favorite things, he built the Nether Saber, knowing that it could cut the bind between the Stone and his soul.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 am 
Site Admin

Wii Master 64 wrote:
Lady Juse wrote:
Wii Master 64 wrote:

No, I think the Nether Saber was built after Decious got his face marred because Decious created the Darkness and binded the Truth Stone to his soul. Since Merlin knew his favorite things, he built the Nether Saber, knowing that it could cut the bind between the Stone and his soul.

No, this isn't something to be debated. Rich has stated that the beam sword that Merlin used in that flashback WAS the Nether Saber although it appears green. He built the Nether Saber out of objects from Decious' past so that it would hurt him, in his battle with him as well as when Wario used it to separate the Truth from the Soul.

Post subject: Re: Where has Merlin been?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:18 pm 
Novice

Shadow Mario should kill Merlin in Part 6.

He's not really needed for anything anymore, it would allow them to get another death in without upsetting the fanbase (let's face it, no one watches Stupid Mario Bros. for Merlin) and it would help to make the situation seem more desperate -Merlin is this all powerful, all knowing character who Mario and the others often turn to for advice when they don't know what to do next. Killing Merlin would be great twist that wouldn't take anything away from the series... Assuming that the movie is the finale, anyway.

Post subject: Re: Where has Merlin been?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I like Merlin... I think he has to be more in the series... Dont take him away... Okay, he is not a main character, but if he would be more in the series, I would really like him...

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.