The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Imagine: Cover By Richard Michael Alvarez
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm 
Commentator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlsLor5xZc&feature=sub

10/10 Great Covers of songs that are awesome.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Project Richard - Imagine: Cover By Richard Michael Alvarez
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 pm 
Commentator

I watched it. I sat through it. But I have a very strong dislike for that song. It has nothing to do with Richie, I dislike the original. Anyway, I wish Richie would stop hiding behind those glasses. The glasses are cool and all but I miss seeing his eyes.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:49 am 
Forum Gamer

It was nice, but as much as I like The Beatles and John Lennon, can you do some other stuff?Project Richard seems to be cover headquarters, and Im not too insterested in covers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:46 pm 
Role Player

10/10 because it is ome of my favorite Beatles song along with many others

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 pm 
Landsman

10/10 great video this was good as all of the the other ones.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:07 am 
Creator

Aisling wrote:
I watched it. I sat through it. But I have a very strong dislike for that song. It has nothing to do with Richie, I dislike the original. Anyway, I wish Richie would stop hiding behind those glasses. The glasses are cool and all but I miss seeing his eyes.

A very strong dislike?

Discuss, because I want to know why???

I can understand if you think it's a bit repetitive in the Melody, as it was made to be so.

For anyone who doesn't know, The song expresses the point that the world might be at peace if we didn't have social Barriers such as countries or religions to hide behind. As most wars start because of territory or Religious arguments. Therefore (At least in Lennon's eyes) If we united without countries or Religions we might actually get along, A utopia in other words. It's an Idealistic song.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:12 am 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
Aisling wrote:
I watched it. I sat through it. But I have a very strong dislike for that song. It has nothing to do with Richie, I dislike the original.

A very strong dislike?

Actually, I have no qualms with the song musically. It's the Utopian ideal that I disagree with and causes me to dislike the song. Heh, I guess it just goes to show that mankind can't even agree on a Utopia, let alone anything else. :D

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:06 am 
Creator

Aisling wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
Aisling wrote:
I watched it. I sat through it. But I have a very strong dislike for that song. It has nothing to do with Richie, I dislike the original.

A very strong dislike?

Actually, I have no qualms with the song musically. It's the Utopian ideal that I disagree with and causes me to dislike the song. Heh, I guess it just goes to show that mankind can't even agree on a Utopia, let alone anything else. :D

Very interesting, Could you elaborate more? Just curious lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:11 am 
Freelancer

I have to admit, your face looks like a halloween mask...so....wierd. Why is it so....white...I don't know anymore, but this Rich looks a lot different then the one i know

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:56 am 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
Aisling wrote:

Very interesting, Could you elaborate more? Just curious lol

I can try but my answer is a bit theological :D . To try and put it very simply: Lennon put an emphasis on religion being a source of strife, a stance that seems to vilify anyone who believes in God (a god, gods). The idea that, somehow, my religion is holding back the human race is not the kind of Utopia I like to entertain.

It's actually kind of funny; in my Bible reading today in the book of Mark, I came across a verse I thought was very applicable. “For what will profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?”

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:50 pm 
Newcomer

I watched it and get rid of the glasses please Rich. A part from that 10/10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:16 am 
Mediate

I tend to shy away from this song. It makes me upset because I know absolute peace is impossible for humans. I still like to think that we can end a lot of intolerance and stop having insane dictators and wars.

Aisling wrote:
I can try but my answer is a bit theological :D . To try and put it very simply: Lennon put an emphasis on religion being a source of strife, a stance that seems to vilify anyone who believes in God (a god, gods). The idea that, somehow, my religion is holding back the human race is not the kind of Utopia I like to entertain.

I'm sorry, but religion has been a source of strife even if it never meant to be. A long time ago it was twisted by kings so they could justify their crusades for more land and power. Even now Bush used religion to get people on his side for Iraq by claiming he was on a mission from God. There is also the shameful Westboro Baptist Church, which will hopefully be gone or diminished in a few years. From what I know of religion it usually wants Utopia but... Well, in short, it's not religion itself that's the problem and it's hard to elaborate on an idea in a song.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:44 pm 
Forum Gamer

LennieFish wrote:
I'm sorry, but religion has been a source of strife even if it never meant to be. A long time ago it was twisted by kings so they could justify their crusades for more land and power. Even now Bush used religion to get people on his side for Iraq by claiming he was on a mission from God. There is also the shameful Westboro Baptist Church, which will hopefully be gone or diminished in a few years. From what I know of religion it usually wants Utopia but... Well, in short, it's not religion itself that's the problem and it's hard to elaborate on an idea in a song.

HERE HERE!

Post subject: Re: Imagine: Cover By Richard Michael Alvarez
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:50 pm 
Fan Girl

People that dislike an entire song just because they don't agree with one or two lines are missing a lot of fun.

Maybe I don't agree with EVERYTHING the song says BUT I completely agree with the idea behind it or the intention the song was written for. Who does not want peace and people getting along with everybody?

I think that when Lennon spoke about 'no religion' in this song he meant that we should not let religious differences to get between us and get along anyway. For some people religion is a barrier, for others... they have their own and are friends of people that have another religion, that's the kind of world Lennon wanted.

Anyway, good cover, Rich!

Post subject: Re: Imagine: Cover By Richard Michael Alvarez
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:42 pm 
Commentator

Celes wrote:
I think that when Lennon spoke about 'no religion' in this song he meant that we should not let religious differences to get between us and get along anyway. For some people religion is a barrier, for others... they have their own and are friends of people that have another religion, that's the kind of world Lennon wanted.

I've actully heard that John Lennon was an athiest...

Anyways, great cover, Imagine is probally one of my favorite songs

Thanks ML!