The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Guilty Pleasures and Hated Movies people loved
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:20 pm 
Freelancer

This is basically a thread where you can post movies under two different topics:

Movies I Hate, But Everyone Else Likes

Movies I Like But Everyone Else Hates

Take Doug Walker's videos in consideration:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... else-loves
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... else-hates

Everyone's opinions are everyone's personal opinions. Don't be bashing other people's opinions.
It's best if you also post a reason why you like or hate this movie. And if you like the movie, do you admit its flaws?

Post subject: Re: Guilty Pleasures and Hated Movies people loved
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 pm 
Freelancer

Ive enjoyed a lot of bad films including those bad Resident Evil films that hardly resemble the games.

Also I like Michael Bay's Transformers films (number 3 was the best) and I liked the Star Wars prequels too.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Guilty Pleasures and Hated Movies people loved
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:02 am 
Freelancer

There's a lot of Movies I like but Everyone Else Hates:

Star Wars Prequels - Not as great as the original trilogy, but I still enjoy them. The action, the music, and the suspense is awesome. The locations are also admirable. And well I do find Jar Jar Binks annoying, I don't hate him as much as other people do. For a three film prequel, I thought it was pretty good. Again, I don't think it is as great as the original trilogy, but I still do have fun watching the Star Wars prequels.

Transformers - The first one is the best because it felt groundbreaking. Once you get to the second and third one, it just doesn't feel that awesome anymore because you've seen it before. I dislike the third movie because it felt too boring. The second one I thought had way too many crude jokes. As for the first one, despite Michael Bay's portrayal on humans, I still thought this was a really great movie! Now the big brass balls in th second movie, I thought that was stupid. But when i see Bumblebee peeing on one of the Sector 7 guys, to be honest I did kind of crack a smile. For one, the guy deserved it. Two, well I do find it cool how Michael Bay is making these organism robots look more alive than lifeless, sometimes he does overstep the limits. Sam is fun character, but I hate how he's written. But to be honest, he does act like an everyday guy. But then again, maybe it's too over the top. The action scenes are awesome, and I like what Michael Bay does throw at us with all the action. The second and third had too many flaws for me to like them, but the first movie is definitely worth it.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - I'll admit the film does have flaws as critics really seem to tear this film apart. This is where Disney tried to do something more adult, but as they tried to keep it good for the kids as well, it does sadly backfire when you see a bunch of goofy moment. Also I'll admit the villain is hatable. But those are really the only two problems with the film. I love the characters, and the side characters are unique in their own way. The action scenes are also a lot of fun with the expedition, the Leviathan attack, the climax, and just getting to the lost civilization. Also the look of Atlantis is amazing. So amazing, I wish I was there. And the people and its culture is so damn good that's it's really interesting. Also the Crystal Chamber is such an awesome scene. The pace, the music, the thrill, that only the word AWESOME comes in my head. I find more things to enjoy than to not in this movie, and I really like it.

Spider-Man 3 - It's weird how this movie gets bashed more when the other two movies had as much goofy moments in it as well. Sure there's more in this third installment, but I found a lot of good things about this movie. For one, I like the Sandman. I like how he has problems he must confront to save his daughter, and how in that one scene where you can see the emotions through a humanoid sand. I do like how he is forgiven when he accidentally killed Uncle Ben. Also I like how they have Venom in this film and how it is destroying Peter. But of course the things I hate about venom is that you don't see his full form until near the end, and it sucks when he has to peel his face back. But of course the Emo Peter and the dance scene is what destroyed the film for most people. Now I will admit that the third movie is the weakest compared to 1 and 2. But I love how Peter and Mary-Jane's romance actually goes somewhere rather then be a tease. But we also see in this film how Mary-Jane has problems while Peter is doing better. That's a little more realistic since the normal human being is not perfect and people who are different settle in, in the end.

The Room - I'll admit, it is a bad movie. It has terrible acting, bad writing, repetitive scenes with the mother and Mark with Lisa, and of course some of the annoyances or stupidity. But I really like this movie because of how bad it is. It's bad points create unintentional humor for me that makes this film worth a watch. It's bad, but the unintentional humor is worth to see to believe.

X-Men III: The Last Stand - This is probably my favorite X-Men movie. The first two were good, but it was never as huge as this film was. This film, we finally get to see sh*t happening. Jean has turned in the Phoenix and that's awesome. Although I'll admit I do hate how they kill her off in the end anyway. I also hate how they kill off Cyclops. But you could argue that is was all to raise the stakes. Also I love how Magneto is more evil in this. And Rouge making the choice to take the cure, many people thought it would be better if she just stayed being who she was. But in life, it's matter of choice. It's what she wants, and I think her decision is a good one. Doesn't make her a mutant anymore, but it's what she wanted, and we should respect it. I also like the Beast. He's just freaking awesome! Also these movies are meant to take place "Not too far distance into the future." Racism still exists, but in the first two films where it was like "Mutants must be eliminated," it seemed stupid since they can be good people. In the past, we were more prejudice against people who are different, blacks, and homosexuals. Nowadays, we are slowly accepting homosexuals as natural people, and I like how the third movie does address that mutants are more welcomed to society. Therefore we would have the Beast work for the government. It just seems more realistic like real life. And it's matter of choice for mutants to take the cure. There's protestors, but that's just how society is. I'll admit it's flaws, but I just find it to be too damn good.

(A) Movie I Hate But Everyone Else Likes:

Matilda - Doug Walker of the Nostalgia Critic was originally going to do an episode on this movie, but he took it off because people defended the movie in quite a violent way. Although I have to agree with Doug. I thought this movie was just horrible. I can't understand why people really like this movie, and when they explain why, I just can't see their positive opinion. This movie is boring. It's also quite dark. Now I really do love kid's movies if it's entertaining, and dark movies can be entertaining kid's films. But this film is just a disaster. The movie is just too mean spirited with the lack of logic and common sense. I believe parents can be mean, but when the film is telling kids that it's okay to put bleach in your father's hair gel or put superglue in his hat because they've been pissing you off, that's giving kids the wrong idea. It just seems so unrealistic with Matilda's family. Also the principal is a villain I hate, I could slaughter this women to death. She's putting kids in a closet with nails and shards of glass. That's a freaking iron maiden in an Elementary School! Also the pricipal murdered Matilda's teacher's father. For a murder that's believed as a suicide, I guess it's a risky move to put in a kid's film, but if you know all of this, you'd think Miss Honey would at least call the cops on her. Also I hate the "adults don't believe in children cliché." If it was a supernatural thing the kids are telling their parents, then I guess there's a reason for them not to believe them. But if the principal is doing evil things to these kids, this should be reported to the police! These characters are just so brainless. Also Matilda has read more books than any college school student. You think she would know about laws and policies that would convince the police, but no. The smartest girl in this movie is just as brainless as the rest of the characters are in this really bad movie. I know it's based off of a book, but that's no excuse to not make it better. I also hate how this is a kid's film, and just how dark it is makes me wonder how stupid adults are showing this piece of crap to their kids. Even when I first saw this movie as a nine year old, I felt bored by the movie. It's a bad movie, and that's my personal opinion. It's a film that belongs in the iron maiden.