The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Undying Love
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm 
Commentator

Alright, haven't posted anything here for a while, so I think I'll start with another FFVII fanfic I've been working on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I never understood why he'd changed so suddenly, or why he believed it. All I knew that he was no longer the man I loved. For several years I had spent my days doing my daily routine, and my nights in his warm embrace, but those days were long gone. Since I had barely escaped with my life from Nibelheim when he burned it down five years ago, I wondered if I would ever accept that he was gone. But how could I?

The room that I was now staying in reminded me of that previous happiness, and as I gingerly picked up the framed photograph of myself with him, I felt a small trickle of tears running down my face. Everyone else had thought that he was a mindless killer who had tried to destroy the world for his alleged mother, but I knew differently. He had been lied to, about his past, about everything, and he had misunderstood it. Knowing what that had made him do, even if he was still alive and had changed, no one would accept him. I didn't know if I could accept him either.

Someone was shouting me to come out. I slowly placed the photograph back where I kept it hidden, chanced one last glance at his face before I piled some of my clothes on top and shut the drawer. I hurried down the stairs and looked to find out who had called.

"What is it?" I asked, hearing my voice quiver a little.

"Sit down a minute, Maliana. We need to talk." The young blonde-haired man pointed at a chair, and I obediently sat down, biting my lip. He sat down opposite me and leaned forward.

"This isn't about... you know..." I began, but he shook his head.

"I'm not kicking you out, Maliana. But you gotta know that I can't keep this house on my own. The rent's goin' up again and I hate to ask you, but you need to get a job."

I almost gasped at the thought. "A... a job? But Cloud... I-I can't." Whenever I leave here, I always think of him... "You know I'm hopeless at jobs..."

"I've tried to keep this as a last resort, but I can't any more. Do you want us to lose this house?" I shook my head frantically when Cloud leaned closer. He then told me about a few jobs that wouldn't require me to do much but would give decent pay. It was either that or he'd rethink about not kicking me out. I sighed in frustration.

"I-I'll do it." I stood up and hurried away, not looking at Cloud again as I left the house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Feedback and constructive critique is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Undying Love
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 am 
Commentator

I tried to look cheerful behind the counter in my new work uniform whilst I took peoples' orders, serving drinks and hot food to them but I found myself thinking about other things. Several times I slipped and dropped food on the floor, and I would have to make it again.

"Maliana?" I didn't move. The voice made me want to cry. It was so much like... his voice. The world started to blur and move before my eyes, and I tried to focus, but too many things were happening at once.

"I-is that...?" My voice shook and came out as a weak croak.

"Damn it, Maliana!" The tone of voice made me want to cry. He was never like that before...

My head was beginning to spin violently, and too many people were talking at once. I couldn't make anything out over the droning babble, and my vision was becoming blurred. The last thing I heard was a voice calling my name before my legs gave way and I blacked out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am 
Newcomer

I like this story so far! keep it up ^_^.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:54 pm 
Landsman

Very interesting story so far. I'm a Sephiroth fan as well.
Can't wait to read more! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 am 
Commentator

Thanks guys! Next part is now up!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Maliana, wake up.” said a voice above me. I couldn't make out who was speaking, but the low tone and smoothness of the male voice made me think of him... had he come to me?

“Maliana!” I snapped back into awareness and found myself looking into Cloud's blue eyes. I smiled lightly, feeling rather light-headed. I tried to stand up but I hardly had any strength in my legs at all, and Cloud was also pushing me down slightly. He told me to stay where I was until I felt better.

“Cloud... I... I think... I heard him...” I mumbled, my head still spinning like crazy. Cloud shook his head.

“He won't be coming back.” His eyes had gone hard, which frightened me. I almost choked as he spoke those words.

“He has to come back... he has to!” I wailed, thumping Cloud's chest in an attempt to get him off me, but he didn't budge. He grabbed hold of my wrists and looked me in the eye.

“He won't. And even if he did... you'd be the first person he'd kill. I know him well. A little too well.” I felt my heart pounding more and tears welling in my eyes. With one huge heave I managed to push Cloud enough to make him overbalance, and I quickly stood up and made my way out as fast as I could, ignoring the sickness and nausea that was coming over me. Cloud's words bit into the back of my mind. How could he say such a thing? I hurried down a back alley, tucked myself into a corner and buried my face in my hands.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As always, feedback is welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 pm 
Landsman

Very good part.Wanna read more! ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 am 
Commentator

Time had no meaning to me. After all, what was time to someone like me? My few memories of him bubbled up in my mind and my sobs echoed down the alley. Maybe Cloud was right... he wasn't going to come back. I felt a strong wind blowing in my face, and I looked down the alleyway to see something black fluttering at the end. Some silvery wisps were also fluttering there. Could it be...? I wiped away my tears and slowly stood up, pacing down the alley. My heart began to pound and my throat felt dry. If it was him... how would he react? I stopped at the end of the alley, pressing my hands to the wall and watching. Waiting. I shook my head. This wasn't a good idea. I turned away, only to feel a hand closing tightly around my arm and yanking me backwards. I gasped and tried to wriggle free, but I felt myself being turned around and my heart almost stopped there and then. He was there, in front of me. I'd recognise those beautiful green cat-like eyes anywhere and that long silky silver hair from a mile away.

"It's you... it's really you..." I breathed, and almost instantly my mind went back to the very first time we had met...

She hadn't expected him to walk into her life like that, nor did she expect the change that he brought in her. How could she have known that this man would have a huge impact on her in such a short time?

Seven years ago, she had been walking home late at night when she was attacked by three large men, all wielding swords. She screamed as the men slashed down at her fragile body, ripping open terrible wounds that left her drained of strength. She had looked up just before one of them could land the fatal blow, but it never came. All around she heard the clash of swords and the men's cries as they too were attacked, and when it was all over, she saw the vague blurred image of the silver-haired man over her, lifting her up towards him before she blacked out.

For two weeks she remained unconscious, and her rescuer never left her side. He did what he could, cleaning and bandaging her wounds, helping her to eat and drink and trying to wake her up. He had seen how those men attacked her, and he never wanted to see anything else like it, which was ironic considering what this man would later become.

Eventually she woke up slowly, and he went to her, holding her hand and asking how she felt. She was confused, afraid... and his heart had gone out to her. Likewise, her heart went out to him. She listened to what he told her, about how he had not left her alone, staying with her no matter what the cost to him would be. He told her his name... she would commit that name to memory and never forget him, no matter what he did. In return she told him her name.

He made a solemn promise to her, the promise that he would never hurt her or let any harm come to her, and he vowed to keep it. Her heart leapt with joy when he spoke those words, and so they came to love each other.

For two years, the two stayed with each other, never separate from each other... until one day he was called away to investigate something in the town of Nibelheim. He took her there, telling her to wait in the inn until he came back. However when he did come back, it was not the same man she had grown to love. This one had burned the town down, and she was forced to flee. After that, she wondered whenever she would see him again...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 pm 
Commentator

"I honestly thought that you'd been killed... I read it in the newspapers..." My voice came out choked, and there were tears running down my face, but I still couldn't believe I was in his arms again after so long. I felt his fingers in my hair, pulling my head down so that it was resting against his chest. I heard the steady beat of his heart that helped to tell my brain that he was indeed alive.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked me, still stroking my hair. The past five years when I hadn't seen him, I'd heard that he was doing terrible things. I had to know the truth.

"It's been five years since we last saw each other. You promised... you promised you'd be back after the investigation in Nibelheim... but you never came..." I felt myself sobbing into his chest, but he gently rocked me from side to side whilst he stroked my back.

"I tried to come back to you... I wanted to come back to you, Maliana... but Jenova... it didn't let me. It forced me to believe it was my mother, and then..." He broke off and let go of me for a moment. I looked up and saw that he was biting his lip. I hesitated before I put an arm around his waist.

"Sephiroth, what is it? You can tell me anything." I looked up at his face and waited for him to respond. He seemed to hesitate.

"I can't. What happened then... it was too terrible... perhaps even worse than when you were so near death when we first met..." I saw some tears shining in his eyes, and instinctively I reached up to wipe them away. He pulled me into another hug, and for a precious moment I felt as if nothing could ever go wrong. I was whole again.

"Maliana! Maliana, where are you?!" shouted a voice. I recognised it as Cloud's voice. If he saw Sephiroth with me... I dreaded to think of what he'd do. I looked around.

"Sephiroth, we have to hide somewhere." I whispered, gently pulling away from him and pulling him towards the alley I had gone in earlier, but he stopped me and told me not to worry. He turned around and kept himself in front of me, and I saw the silvery flash of his sword as he unsheathed it. I glanced at what was in front of him and I could see Cloud approaching. He was looking around whilst shouting my name. I didn't want to go to him. I could see that his gaze met Sephiroth for a moment, and he tensed before drawing his big sword.

"Where's Maliana? What have you done with her?" I heard him ask. I could see that Sephiroth was tensed as well. Quickly I hid fully behind him so that Cloud couldn't see me. The two sidestepped around each other and I forgot to hide myself as they moved. Cloud spotted me, and I looked away from him.

"So you're trying to kidnap her? I won't let you!" I heard him shout, before he charged towards Sephiroth, swinging his sword down. I heard the clash of blades and it frightened me. Without thinking I bolted away from the two of them, not wanting to see any more fighting. It reminded me too much of that time when I had almost died...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 pm 
Landsman

Really good story so far.I liked the little backstory of how they met.
Nice job! :D