The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Time Warp RPG
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:34 pm 
Commentator

Okay, I fancied doing a time travelling RPG. So here it is...

Rules:
1. All fundamental RPG rules apply.
2. If a problem is started in a time period, then a time warp cannot take place until the problem is solved. And no using any stupid over-simplifying things to solve them either. The space-time continuum can only take so much, and not everything is simple.
3. Keep solutions within the time period, in other words, no futuristic stuff in history, so no using laser blasters in the Middle Ages, for example.
4. If a time warp takes place, make the time period we're warping to obvious so that everyone knows.

Let's begin.

The Present Day

It was almost Christmas time. Everything was ready, and Sephiroth was suddenly bored after setting up his Christmas tree and putting all the presents under it. He sighed and sat on his couch, not sure whether he should visit his friends or if he should do something alone. The letterbox clinked and something was dropped into the hallway. Hurriedly Sephiroth rushed over and picked it up. It was a parcel wrapped crudely in brown paper. There was a message attached. It read: 'If you are bored of your current place, use this to travel through time and space'. He ripped open the paper and plucked out a shining purple stone. It seemed to be smoking slightly, and appeared to shift in his hand.

"What is this?" he asked himself, just as the stone flashed brightly. Sephiroth felt himself being pulled away...

The Middle Ages - 1120AD

The moment Sephiroth hit the ground he knew things were different. The building he found himself in was cold and smelled strange. His stomach was roiling from the wild ride he'd just had, and he was confused. Where was he? Slowly he got to his feet and looked out of a gap in the wall. He saw throngs of people wearing baggy clothes walking around, pulling cart loads of food and hay through a busy central square. He found a door and exited the building, looking around, almost knocking down a woman carrying a basket full of vegetables. Then he saw a man ringing a bell and shouting. He asked what he was shouting about.

"I'm selling newspapers, sir," he replied. His eyes seemed to widen as he looked Sephiroth over. "Wait... are you... an outsider?"

"I have no idea what you mean," Sephiroth replied, "but can I buy a newspaper?" The man nodded and handed him a newspaper. Sephiroth thrust ten gold coins into his hand and took the paper, reading through the front page. He gasped when he saw the date.

"24th of February... 1120?! What the---?!" He dropped the paper and took out the shining purple stone. Could this have done it?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Time Warp RPG
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 pm 
Middling

Location: Colchester, essex, england, UK, europe, world, solar sytem, universe, galaxy
Present day
Matt was at home, as usual, lying on his bed staring at the ceiling, he was bored as hell. Matt rolled over but misjudged where he was on the bed and landed with a bang on the floor.

"Ow." He exclamed as he stood up and glanced around the room. It was a mess as normal, rubbish lying on the floor, his electric guitar on it's stand just dumped in the middle of the floor and his shool stuff thrown in the corner.

Matt rubbed his eyes and yawned, he was also very very tired.

Matt stumbled out of his room and down the stairs just as a parcel came through the letter box. Matt picked it up and scanned the parcle back and front before noticing a sticky lable posted to the front reading 'If you are bored of your current place, use this to travel through time and space'.

Matt looked at the lable and snorted "yeah right, very funny"

Matt then decided to open the parcel and within it contained a purple stone, which as soon as Matt held it in his hand, started to glow and Matt felt his whole world spin

The future -4055AD
Matt faceplanted a hard surface and sprawled out on the floor. Matt opened his eyes just a fraction then all he saw below him was air. He jumped to his feet in panic, but then realised he wasn't falling and calmed down.

Matt stared at the floor and mumbled "This is too freaky."

Matt held up the purple stone and addressed it "Okay you've had your fun, now take me home."

The stone started to glow again and Matt was spinning

The dinosaurs- 65 000 000BC

Matt landed on the floor again but in a completely different surrounding, all he could see was trees "This," he said "Is not home."

Matt looked around just as a massive dinosaur came inot view, and it looked hungry. Matt stared as the dino noticed him and started to charge "Oh SH*T!"

Matt turned on his heels and ran. he loked at the stone again "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" then everything was gone

The middle ages-1120AD

Matt landed again, but managed to stay on his feet. "YES!" he cheered, which made everyone look at him.

Matt closed his mouth then realised a familiar figure. he ran upto him and said "Sephiroth is that you?"

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:06 pm 
Landsman

Dawn of the Hologram - 2063 AD

Salmarnez was hunched over at his desk, hardly paying attention to his learning monitor, which was firmly strapped to his head. He brought up the clock screen on his eye monitor, which hung over his left eye. It read 03:34:23 PM April 13, 2063. He brought up the calculator screen. Find amount of time until 04:00:00, he thought. The calculator instantly showed 00:26:36.

He sighed and minimized the calculator. DO NOT COMPUTE: Only 26 minutes... Only twenty six minutes... Then I'm free to get a hologram, he thought. The hologram, currently being sold at Wal-Mart, was the greatest thing to ever grace existence, he must have it before the entire adolecent population rushed to buy it after school. He brought up the calculator. It read 00:25:25
Sal wanted to slam his head on the desk, but then the board of education would charge him fro the headgear, money he needed to afford the expensive $24,999,999 dollar hologram.

Suddenly, a screen popped up into his eye monitor showing a purple circle and some words he didn't want to read. Damn popups; ACTIVATE POPUP BLOCKER, but another window appeared, "No popups detected." DO NOT COMPUTE: This must be a glitch, thought Salmarnez, I certainly didn't order for... uhh... he read the caption surounding the circle. "If you are bored of your current place, use this to travel through time and space!" Sal was intrigued. DO NOT COMPUTE: Time travel? Impossible! he tried to close the screen. It stayed rigidly on his monitor. He tried again, without luck. He tried to manually close it. he brough the pointer to the exit button and clicked. The window moved out of the way. He tried again with the same result. In frustration, he clicked the purple circle.

He felt his body melt away.

The Middle Ages -1120 AD

Sal felt his body hit cobblestone. He pushed himelf up and noticed his eye and learning monitor were gone, as well as his mouthpeice, brainwave scanner and his Nintendo Ultria ZX. He checked his pockets. He felt gold coins. What?! I had a million dollars in my pocket not two minutes ago, or, he looked around at the thatched-roof cotages hundreds of years in the future. He checked his other pocket; he felt a stone. He pulled it out to examine it. It was a shimmering purple, almost like the image on that advertizement. Then he realized it wasn't an advertizement. He got this for free. No contracts, no money wasted. This must be a cruel joke, he thought.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:35 pm 
Tyro

Present Day

Gmn1997 was sitting in his basement on his computer,normal things, checking e-mail, watching YouTube videos, and looking at pictures of penguins with machine guns. Then, his doorbell rang. He ran upstairs to see who was at the door. It was the UPS man.

UPS man: Sir, your purple gem from a guy on Amazon named SuperBanjo sent is here.

Gmn1997: Thanks! I really needed this for my next short film!

UPS man: You're welcome. (Exits)

Gmn1997 ran down stairs at once and opened the box. He touched the gem.

Middle Ages
Gmn1997 hits cobblestone flooring. Hurt, he yells "I hate you SuperBanjo!!!"

Report this post