The Three Branches of the Forums

This is the place to petition for any ideas you have to improve the forums
FLJ
Greenhorn

20 Jan 2011, 21:40 #1

Just an idea, but I was thinking that running the forum can be set up like the three branches of government. Since Adam is head admin, he'd be a big part of all three branches.

Legislative: Ten or twenty active members of the forum would be the Congress. This would replace the Petition Division. They would decide whether or not to "pass" ideas from forum members. These ideas can come from any forum member, whether they're in the Congress or not. The Congress would have meetings, and if the idea (or "bill") is passed with a simple majority, then it will be sent to Adam for the final decision. He would sign or veto it. If he signs it, he puts it into action.

Judicial: Basically, the Judicial branch of the Forum Congress decides the fate of members that may have broken the rules. The Judicial branch will decide if those members will be given a warning, a temporary ban, or a permaban...or, nothing, if they didn't break any of the rules. Adam, being the Executive branch, would be informed of the decision the Judicial branch made about the user's punishment, and Adam would either a) Give them the thumbs up to tempban/permaban this user, b) Carry out the punishment himself, or c) Grant that user a pardon.

Executive: AdminAdam, and possibly Richard and Co. Everything this branch would do is listed above.

Here's my signature:
MY FORUMVERSARY'S 3-3-09 ON MY OLD ACCOUNT BUT 12-5-09 ON THIS ONE

TheInsanityProd
Atypical

20 Jan 2011, 21:52 #2

Since Aisling made it impossible to just delete the post. Oh well *shrugs* I've given it more thought and hereby retract my signature. It could cause too many unnecessary problems, more than it would fix. Not to mention things would be slower.
Last edited by TheInsanityProd on 20 Jan 2011, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

Aisling
Commentator

20 Jan 2011, 21:57 #3

While this sounds kinda fun and creative I think it would be difficult to implement. Not to mention the fact that I don't see any way this would be an improvement to the current system(s). Kinda of a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" in my eyes.
A girl should be so lost in God, a guy needs to seek Him to find her.

^Thanks ML!^