The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:01 pm 
Creator

TPKR Episode 9 is now Live!

Feedback, reviews, critiques and your general thoughts are all welcome! Enjoy!

The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 9:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Z62YXYoxg

Post subject: Re: The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:10 pm 
Newcomer

I've been looking forward to this episode all week. The second to last episode of any of your seasons has always ended in such great cliffhangers, I'll expect something similar from the last episode as well. This episode had a lot of great moment in it, just like every other one. I think its fare to say that the entire first season will go by without any major issues. Which isn't easy seeing as ten episodes is still quite a bit.

Glad to finally see Mario's goggles having a vital use, even if it was only once. In the previous episode, I began to wonder if Claus would appear again, seeing as he had been missing for quite some time. His return in this episode was well deserved and the fight with the goombas was certainly fun to watch! I'm glad that you added that fight before Claus was killed, his death would have been pretty pointless otherwise. I should also mention that the news report on Mario's historic message was well written and acted by Matt.

There is next to nothing that I have a problem with in this episode. If I had to nitpick, I'd say that Claus's death seemed to soon. Perhaps if he had at least put up a fight with Jeckle, I'd have no problem with it, but all he got to do as aim a gun for a brief second. I really felt like Claus was a good character and I really feel like the show is missing something without him. The only other problem I had was the chat between the Koopa and Denise. While brief, I think you could have made the Koopa more menacing if he began to play with her head, maybe start circling her and make her question her beliefs in Mario. Or at least make her even more scared for her life.

I was surprised that this episode ended on a cliffhanger fight with Jeckle, I just hope the next episode isn't to cluttered with fights seeing as Mario still has to fight other goombas (I'd assume) and the Koopa himself. I'm sure you guys will be able to handle it though. With that being said, I'll give this episode a 9/10. When the last episode is uploaded, I'll be re-watching the whole season before giving an overall review, I'll also be posting the multiple suspects as to who the Koopa is on the "WHO IS THE KOOPA" thread right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:17 pm 
Freelancer

Well this episode was fantastic from start to finish. Waiting a week for the finale is seriously gonna be gruelling.

Thoughts:
* The return of the X-Ray goggles was a good touch, especially since this time we got to see them have some major usefulness in finding Gibbs's note.
* Matt's acting when he was reading out Mario's message.
* Clause's return was a pleasant surprise, especially with him helping Mario locate the Koopa and fight those Goombas. A shame Jeckle killed him so fast. Still he was an interesting character for what screentime he had.
* Denise's talk with the Koopa. That whole conversation is utterly chilling. Koopa killing so many people just to get Mario out of hiding, and then to fight and kill him. It's an insane but fitting motivation and only further raises just who the hell he is.
* That cliffhanger though. Yeah it's another tease for the Mario vs Jeckle fight round 2, so that's going to be fun. I do feel like it might've been fitting to end this ep with Mario and Koopa meeting face to face but I guess that's all being saved for the finale. Still I wonder how long Ep 10 will be and just how much it'll resolve...

Anyways it's a fantastic episode as always and no matter what happens next week. There sure as hell better be a Season 2.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:36 pm 
Novice

I also thought Mario would meet the Koopa face-to-face and that'd be the cliffhanger, but this one hyped me up just as well! I wish Claus would've stuck around longer, at least until some time in the finale. I too agree Matt's reading of the note was well done, and it's cool how before the X ray was revealed Mario's goggles had other functions too. Hopefully they have even more use, and we see those other functions, in Season 2 (if it happens, which it really looks like it is). All in all, though it felt like it went by real fast, this epsode was a good one, and I can't wait for the finale!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:59 pm 
Commentator

I've been out for a few weeks due to... well a lot. So I've missed posting reviews here. At this point, since (I think) next week is it, I'll just do an overall review.

But I will say I liked this episode, and the finale is shaping up to be one of the best (compared to SMB). You guys have done a fantastic job so far!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.