The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 7
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:46 pm 
Creator

TPKR Episode 7 is now Live!

Feedback, reviews, critiques and your general thoughts are all welcome! Enjoy!

The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 7:
http://youtu.be/apQK31HIXAM

Post subject: Re: The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 7
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:09 pm 
Newcomer

I took Richie's advice and watched both parts of The Dark Knight Returns. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it eluded me so long. It really gave me some insight into what Richie is striving to replicate. However, watching it also let me better appreciate his creative spins on it. With that being said, I'll go ahead and start listing the positives, cause there are plenty.

The fight between Mario and Jeckle was bittersweet for me. What I liked about the fight was that Jeckle was well acted and that you didn't kill him off or anything. Despite this, the flashback was actually my favorite part of the episode. The visuals were great (really enjoyed that pop of color you added) as well as the quick glimpse of Luigi. The rest of the episode carried itself well, and I really feel like this was an important episode with plot points that should not be forgotten. This is because plenty of theories could be taken away from it, which I'll list later.

Very little bothered me in this episode. You managed to dodge a complaint by stating Mario's body heals faster, so good job ;) . One thing about the Jeckle fight that bothered me was it's length. Mario only got two good punches in, and that was the end of it. In Batman's first fight with the mutant leader, he got beat pretty easily to, but it was still a pretty lengthy battle and Batman got in a plethora of hits before falling. I'm sure you'll make up for it in the future, but as it stands, it just felt short. Also, the scene where Gibbs stares out the window and Mario enters the room in the EXACT same way is getting a little old. I think it would be appreciated if you spiced it up a bit (have him come in from the left or something, I dunno lol).

Now getting to some theories; I feel like the flashback was a clue to The Plumber Knight being related to SMB. This was notable by the kart race, the mention of video games, and even the shaved face. At this point, I don't see why the two couldn't be related, they are nearly the same in every way. A big theory I have is that they will use Mario's blood to give Mario's powers to the mayor. Either that, or he will be turned into something similar to Jeckle. Could it really be a coincidence that Mario's powers were brought up by Denise just before the Koopa states that they will make the mayor unbelievably strong? Those are my only theories for now, I'm planning on posting a list of suspects on who the Koopa is when episode 9 is released (assuming he is revealed in episode 10).

In total, a pretty solid episode. I don't think its quite up to par with the last one, but it was certainly close. I'll give it a 7 1/2 out of 10.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:18 pm 
Commentator

Good episode. But I have the feeling Gibbs is gonna be killed off.

Also, I was yelling "Bad Richalverz! Bad!" at the flashback. Cause the feels.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 pm 
Novice

I agree with the blood theory, and that flashback... dang! I'm getting pumped for the finale; it's sure to bring way more surprises! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:34 pm 
Freelancer

Wow that was really intense. I really can't stress enough how much I'm loving this show every week.

That Mario vs Jeckle fight was great. I could really feel the impact each hit had.

The flashback was especially fantastic. The old timey, feel, those pieces of colour and a really well done mirror shot.

And wow Carson's alive and the Koopa wants to make him powerful to capture Mario. It's a neat plan that makes sense, except if the Koopa wanted to get his hands on Mario, why he couldn't he just get Jeckle to bring him when he knocked him out? Then again seeing as he was in the hospital for 2 weeks with his healing factor working, I suppose he didn't feel there wasn't enough time.

Overall another fantastic episode.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image