The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return


It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:58 am 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
I certainly hope lord Gavin is still active on the forums lol

Here's the thing. I need several new things for the richalvarez channel. I would really like Lord Gavin's help. But if anyone else is really good at the things I am about to ask him to do, then let me know and i'll see what you've got and if i'd like to use you.

I Need:

A 7 second intro for every Richalvarez video made in flash or another animating program so that I can have a 16 bit version of myself hit a ? box and a ball that comes out of it that turns into the word "RichAlvarez" when it flies into the sky.

A Minute and a half trailer for RichAlvarez that contain all the best parts of the last year and a half. (Season 4, Season5, Water wars 2, The clicking noise trailer, Saw VIII Etc.)

A 7 Second Outro for the channel that is basically A shortened version of the trailer that ends with the words "RichAlvarez"

So hopefully Lord Gavin will see This

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:01 am 
Offline
Freelancer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:13 am
Posts: 2092
Location: Vancouver
He has been offline for a while, but I know someone who can contact him.

If only I had a great After Effects program since the best I have is Final Cut Pro X, LiveType, and Apple Motion 5. (All latest versions.)
I could do the trailer if Gavin only wants to work on the 7 second intro and outro title cards.
I am one to focus on cinematography so that way the music, fonts, and clips sync. I can also promise 1080p format.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:08 am 
Offline
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:52 am
Posts: 42
Location: Michigan
My brother is a respected sprite maker and animator. I'll tell him about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 am 
Offline
Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:16 pm
Posts: 1194
Location: In the place we like to call "nowhere"
You know you can always contact him via email. Hes still very busy with work right now (Mon-Friday although he had yesterday off in observance of Canada day) and will have some late nights this week. However if you want him to check into it over the weekend Im sure he can work something out. Ill send him an email letting him know about the thread here (If he hasnt checked it already) If he doesnt reply within the next couple of days I suggest you send him an email with the details inside it. :)

_________________
Image
Image
Thank you Gavin! :3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:08 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Yeah, aside of having some personal issues having erupted on me recently (which is leveling out), along with my work requesting me to work late a couple of times this week, I haven't been around the forums as much as I did before. Still, thanks for the E-mail Mage, I wouldn't have known about this otherwise

Hey there, Richie. :)

Concerning all the shots you've asked for, I think I'll be able to do something about it. The intro is entirely possible with me (I make sprited games and all, I'm sure I could make a short scene as such), but just tell me what appearance you want yourself to be like and I'll sprite something up for that. The trailer shouldn't be too hard, but it would probably take me the most time. I'll do the whole "YouTube-Download Video" procedure to grab all the footage I'd need, which should work fine over using an raw footage and what-not. The outro will be a simple edit of that said trailer.

I have no honest idea when I'll get around to these, so I hope there isn't a deadline for it all. If anything, I'll see what I can do over the weekend concerning this, but I know I can do this. Just need to wait for the time is all.

Let me know concerning your appearance and such and if there's anything else important you need to mention to me. Either here or via my E-mail, whichever works.

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:55 am 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
LordGavin wrote:
Yeah, aside of having some personal issues having erupted on me recently (which is leveling out), along with my work requesting me to work late a couple of times this week, I haven't been around the forums as much as I did before. Still, thanks for the E-mail Mage, I wouldn't have known about this otherwise

Hey there, Richie. :)

Concerning all the shots you've asked for, I think I'll be able to do something about it. The intro is entirely possible with me (I make sprited games and all, I'm sure I could make a short scene as such), but just tell me what appearance you want yourself to be like and I'll sprite something up for that. The trailer shouldn't be too hard, but it would probably take me the most time. I'll do the whole "YouTube-Download Video" procedure to grab all the footage I'd need, which should work fine over using an raw footage and what-not. The outro will be a simple edit of that said trailer.

I have no honest idea when I'll get around to these, so I hope there isn't a deadline for it all. If anything, I'll see what I can do over the weekend concerning this, but I know I can do this. Just need to wait for the time is all.

Let me know concerning your appearance and such and if there's anything else important you need to mention to me. Either here or via my E-mail, whichever works.


For the animated intro, I want my sprite to be running accross a Mario world type level and i hit a few ? blocks before the one that turns into Richalvarez. My appearance will be a black shirt with black wristbands and black rim glasses. No time limit for any of this. But hopefully it won't take to long. The intro is the only thing i would like done in at least 3 weeks or less. But if that's not possible, then just whenever you can finish, Thanks dude!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:32 pm 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
someone make sure Gavin sees the above post

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:01 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Richalvarez wrote:
someone make sure Gavin sees the above post

Yeah, I saw it. Sorry that I didn't reply earlier, didn't know you wanted me to.

I got an idea of how to do the intro. Don't think it would be too hard. Just wish I could animate it all in my GM program over having to Flash it, since it's be just easier working with sprites (Flash and sprites don't mix too well, honestly). However, there'd be no way I could convert it into footage unless... Wait, unless I used the screen-shot tool to "render" out the images instead for compositing... Hmm... An interesting idea on my half. I'll have to see if it'd work. If so, then I could make things nice and flashy. :)

Alright, so black glasses, black wristbands, black shirt/jacket, pant colour (assuming you want some pants on)? If anything, just post a photo of yourself in the outfit you want me to sprite you as and I'll do it (Remember some of my old "Stupid Mario Brother: The Game" sprites. I can work fine off of photos. Oh, the sprite style I'll choose to use will be in that style too [comes from "Mario Party Advanced]. Should look nice).

I'll see if I can get to it soon. Again, no promises, as I've been just hammer with stuff recently, but I do have an evening of nothing over the weekend that could be used in this. I'm fast, lets just hope it doesn't take long. XD

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
LordGavin wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
someone make sure Gavin sees the above post

Yeah, I saw it. Sorry that I didn't reply earlier, didn't know you wanted me to.

I got an idea of how to do the intro. Don't think it would be too hard. Just wish I could animate it all in my GM program over having to Flash it, since it's be just easier working with sprites (Flash and sprites don't mix too well, honestly). However, there'd be no way I could convert it into footage unless... Wait, unless I used the screen-shot tool to "render" out the images instead for compositing... Hmm... An interesting idea on my half. I'll have to see if it'd work. If so, then I could make things nice and flashy. :)

Alright, so black glasses, black wristbands, black shirt/jacket, pant colour (assuming you want some pants on)? If anything, just post a photo of yourself in the outfit you want me to sprite you as and I'll do it (Remember some of my old "Stupid Mario Brother: The Game" sprites. I can work fine off of photos. Oh, the sprite style I'll choose to use will be in that style too [comes from "Mario Party Advanced]. Should look nice).

I'll see if I can get to it soon. Again, no promises, as I've been just hammer with stuff recently, but I do have an evening of nothing over the weekend that could be used in this. I'm fast, lets just hope it doesn't take long. XD


Look at any of the pictures of me in my signature. But i want my sprite wearing blue jeans and black rim glasses.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Alright, cool. I'll see what I can do over the weekend. :)

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:48 am 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
LordGavin wrote:
Alright, cool. I'll see what I can do over the weekend. :)


If you can, Make 3 versions:

Version 1: Where the thing coming out of the ? block at the end turns into the word "RichAlvarez" in the sky. Remember that "RichAlvarez" is ONE word, but please capitalize the "A".

Version 2: Same as version 1 but the word is "ProjectRichard" not "Richalvarez"

Version 3: Same as version 1 but the word is "Wiki Richie" and this time it is 2 words instead of 1.

Whoever is telling Gavin about these posts make sure he checks this lol.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
I can piece together a trailer if Gavin is going to do animations. Also I have a lot of free time these next couple days and can probably get it to you within a few days. Let me know when you see this Richie, cuz I'm game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:50 pm 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Lord Gavin's Realm
Just sent you a stab at the sprited intro Richie.

And to you, President: If you wanna do the trailer/montages for me, go right ahead. Grab the footages off a youtube download site and, when you're done, send me a render out of all the images so I can make the ending variation with the RMA title before I hand them both off to Richie. Honestly, anything that could get this done sooner, the better, since I might not have the time to do so for a while is right.

Anyway, give it a shot, and thanks for the help. :)

_________________
Image

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:22 pm 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
Your welcome Gavin!
I'll probably get started on it tonight


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 pm 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
Few questions for Richie on the trailer:
1. Can I get the Richalvarez font/text that is used for the forum banner?
2. What music would you like the trailer to have?
3. Did you have anything specific in mind for the trailer? or do I have a little creative freedom?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
suspicion-preferred