The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: The Lord Gavin Project
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:19 pm 
Intermediate

If I may answer for Richie:

1) Don't worry about that. I'll take care of designing a good channel title for the outro-trailer in lead with Richie.
2) Don't worry about that either. Richie will do whatever he wants with the audio.
3) Richie asked for just a good collaboration of shots taken from the best videos he's produced over the last year. In that, it's similar to what he's sort of done for his latest end video parts (what with the little boxes displaying segments of episodes inside them to be annotated). Yeah, you got creative freedom as to what though and such, within those parameters.

When you're done with the trailer (basically, just worry about making a lengthy montage of shots collaborated together to Richie's time-frame in request), you'll just need to render out an image sequence (probably in PNG format, since JPG might not hold up as well in quality) and send it to me. I'll worry about the title trailer (since I'll have to base it roughly off of the title I made for the sprited intro for Richie already) and then forward all the stuff to Richie for his further uses and such. All in all, not a ton to worry about beyond the grunt work of making the montage/trailer footage.

Beyond that... yeah. Think that's what needs to go down here for this to pass. Hope that answers all your questions properly.

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:40 pm 
Novice

That answers my questions. I was trying to be a little too elaborate then. Right now (just as the beginning of the trailer) I have a bunch of shots flying in from all sides of the screen and then shrinking as they go to the center. too fancy? I'll go ahead and just finish what I started so it wasn't a waste AND do the more basic, simple clip montage. The editing is easy, but it's all the clip downloading that's time consuming. I'm super busy tomorrow at a film shoot, but I should have it for you by wednesday evening at the latest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 pm 
Intermediate

Don't kill yourself. I myself just got informed I'll be staying late working for a night or so again this week, so I won't be ready to receive them for a few days. Besides, Richie's in no rush either, so when you get to it, you get to it. Just soon enough is all. Thanks for this though, it helps me a bunch too.

Remember:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:53 pm 
Novice

Alright, will do. When it is ready, how should I go about sending it to you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 pm 
Intermediate

Via my E-mail: [email protected]
If it's too big to send over E-mail (probably will be), use a file-host site and send me the download link to it. I use MediaFire, for example. Seems to work fine.

Remember:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 pm 
Creator

35th, I'd prefer if the clips didn't fly in, but i'll check it out. I'd rather a standard trailer with non moving clips. Remember i want a minute and a half version, and a 7 second version of the best clips. Let Gavin do the rest. Remember Gavin that I want the 7 second outro version to end with:

Richalvarez

Celebrating 6 years on youtube!

By the way, the intro you made was perfect, as i said in the email. Don't worry about making different versions of the intro, i'm gonna use the 1st version for everything. And In the future try to keep everything in a 1080 aspect ration, My visual editor has been having a hard time converting your stuff into 1080.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 am 
Novice

Richalvarez wrote:
35th, I'd prefer if the clips didn't fly in, but i'll check it out. I'd rather a standard trailer with non moving clips. Remember i want a minute and a half version, and a 7 second version of the best clips. Let Gavin do the rest. Remember Gavin that I want the 7 second outro version to end with:

Richalvarez

By the way, the intro you made was perfect, as i said in the email. Don't worry about making different versions of the intro, i'm gonna use the 1st version for everything. And In the future try to keep everything in a 1080 aspect ration, My visual editor has been having a hard time converting your stuff into 1080.

Everything is the way you asked for now. I actually took the flying clips out in the most recent cut, but if you'd still like to see it I can export a copy of the original cut as well. The trailer is about 1:18, the last 12 -14 sec. to account for the intro and outro. The trailer consists of clips from the following. The number in parenthesis is the number of clips from each that appear.
Opening - "Welcome to the Richalvarez Channel" from the Welcome to Richalvarez Channel video.
1. Stupid Mario Bros. (4)
2. Music Parodies (3)
3. Mario Drive Thru (1)
4. Interactive Adventures (3)
5. Smashing Stuff (2)
6. Youtube News (2)
7. Saw VIII (2)
8. Clicking Noise (3) - One is from the behind the scenes video.
9. Kevin (1)
10. VidCon (1)
11. Richalvarez Christmas (2)
12. Puka Shells (1)
13. Online With Richalvarez (1)
14. Closing (2) - "We like to have fun here" from SMB blooper and a shot of you looking into a camera from Clicking Noise Behind the Scenes.

I wasn't sure, specifically, how far back to go in your channel, but the oldest clip is from 'Samurai Shampoo'. Is there anything I'm missing or something you'd like to omit? I left out Snez Pez and Mario Chat Roulette due to them technically being on the Machinima Channel, but I can add them if you'd like. I just sent the most recent cut to Gavin yesterday in my dropbox if you want to take a look at where I'm at thus far (I'll have to send you my user and pass).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:50 pm 
Intermediate

Yeah, just clarifying for everyone here that I have the trailer footage file and that I'll be sending it off to you, Richie, later tonight (if I remember to). I haven't made the outro with the title, but that shouldn't be very hard. I'll try and do that over the weekend.

As for the aspect ratio, I'll try and do that. Reason I hadn't for the sprited intro is because the resolution of the sprited images was NEVER gonna by 1080p, and you never had to use the AE file I gave you either. I just threw that file together so you'd know roughly how to use the image sequence to get what you wanted. Upping the scale and adjusting the blur with sharpness should work, along with staging the image sequence how you want it in the shot, if you didn't like how I did it either (I made the sequence with intentional dead-space to allow for some wiggle room). Still, I'll do my best and work from the 1080p now on, or as best as can be achieved otherwise from your footage.

Oh yeah, and the news on the other sprited intros is fine. I hadn't started on them anyway, but I'm glad you like the one I've made so much. You should look into some of my games (Specifically my most recent and best, "Robot Dogs Vs Skeletons"). Gives a good display of my current and evolving skill level with the GM program (Just a warning, it won't work on Mac, if you use that). ;)

Alright, I bounce again. Got work to get done again today. If there's any other questions that gotta be asked, ask away.

Remember:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:55 am 
Creator

LordGavin wrote:
Yeah, just clarifying for everyone here that I have the trailer footage file and that I'll be sending it off to you, Richie, later tonight (if I remember to). I haven't made the outro with the title, but that shouldn't be very hard. I'll try and do that over the weekend.

As for the aspect ratio, I'll try and do that. Reason I hadn't for the sprited intro is because the resolution of the sprited images was NEVER gonna by 1080p, and you never had to use the AE file I gave you either. I just threw that file together so you'd know roughly how to use the image sequence to get what you wanted. Upping the scale and adjusting the blur with sharpness should work, along with staging the image sequence how you want it in the shot, if you didn't like how I did it either (I made the sequence with intentional dead-space to allow for some wiggle room). Still, I'll do my best and work from the 1080p now on, or as best as can be achieved otherwise from your footage.

Oh yeah, and the news on the other sprited intros is fine. I hadn't started on them anyway, but I'm glad you like the one I've made so much. You should look into some of my games (Specifically my most recent and best, "Robot Dogs Vs Skeletons"). Gives a good display of my current and evolving skill level with the GM program (Just a warning, it won't work on Mac, if you use that). ;)

Alright, I bounce again. Got work to get done again today. If there's any other questions that gotta be asked, ask away.

So does that mean you'll make a 1080 version of the intro? Or should we do that ourselves?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:01 pm 
Intermediate

Yeah, sure, I'll make you a quick 1080p of the sprited into. I'm also E-mailing off the trailer footage to you this morning, Richie. I'll try and get around to the outro soon as well.

Remember:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:31 pm 
Creator

LordGavin wrote:
Yeah, sure, I'll make you a quick 1080p of the sprited into. I'm also E-mailing off the trailer footage to you this morning, Richie. I'll try and get around to the outro soon as well.

sweet! thanks dude!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you're finally getting an intro/outro clip Richie. It's good to have, I made one for myself recently of the Gameboy Color Turn On Screen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 am 
Creator

35thpresident wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:

Richalvarez

Everything is the way you asked for now. I actually took the flying clips out in the most recent cut, but if you'd still like to see it I can export a copy of the original cut as well. The trailer is about 1:18, the last 12 -14 sec. to account for the intro and outro. The trailer consists of clips from the following. The number in parenthesis is the number of clips from each that appear.
Opening - "Welcome to the Richalvarez Channel" from the Welcome to Richalvarez Channel video.
1. Stupid Mario Bros. (4)
2. Music Parodies (3)
3. Mario Drive Thru (1)
4. Interactive Adventures (3)
5. Smashing Stuff (2)
6. Youtube News (2)
7. Saw VIII (2)
8. Clicking Noise (3) - One is from the behind the scenes video.
9. Kevin (1)
10. VidCon (1)
11. Richalvarez Christmas (2)
12. Puka Shells (1)
13. Online With Richalvarez (1)
14. Closing (2) - "We like to have fun here" from SMB blooper and a shot of you looking into a camera from Clicking Noise Behind the Scenes.

I wasn't sure, specifically, how far back to go in your channel, but the oldest clip is from 'Samurai Shampoo'. Is there anything I'm missing or something you'd like to omit? I left out Snez Pez and Mario Chat Roulette due to them technically being on the Machinima Channel, but I can add them if you'd like. I just sent the most recent cut to Gavin yes terday in my dropbox if you want to take a look at where I'm at thus far (I'll have to send you my user and pass).

I really like your trailer but it's not quite what I was looking for, I was really hoping for a more action packed trailer with more action shots and dramatic moments. There were too many happy and funny moments in this trailer. But don't get discouraged, i'm hardly ever satisfied the first time around. I;m also sorry i wasn't more specific.

The less dialog the better, keep it tense.

- More clips from the clicking noise trailer, and no clips from the behind the scenes.

- Remember to use the slo mo scenes at the end of water wars 2

- The lightsaber shots were good, and don't forget about the other fights too.

Most importantly, the shots you got were only in 480 or so resolution. when Gavin enlarged the project to 1080 it looked a bit off. O\You need to try and download the clips in at least 720, and 1080 when you can. And make sure that your editing them in a project that is scaled for at least 720. remember that's 1280 X 720. In fact go with that, do 1280 X 720 cause that's what i'll upload it in. But don't use anything less than that.

If you have any questions let me know, sorry I couldn't use your first go around.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:33 pm 
Intermediate

I've E-mailed 35th so he'll get your message, Richie. I'm sorry I'm not doing this myself, but I'm heading through crunch time at work (nearly at the end of this episode and pulling a late night here and there so it can be finished). Still, I'm certain 35th can do this for you. Lets just hope with the added feedback it'll come through right for you the second time.

Remember:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:11 pm 
Novice

OKay, I know what you're going for now. Yeah I can take care of that. Basically you primarily want battle scenes from SMB along with Water Wars II, Clicking Noise, and Saw VIII. More intense and nothing really comical like Youtube News or Music Parodies. As for the aspect ratio, hmmm... I downloaded them in either 1080 or 720 (some were only available in 720) and then exported them as an image sequence so I'm not sure how quality was lost. I'll look into it, something may have gone wrong when I exported. Don't worry about discouraging me, I've been doing this since 2005 and have gotten use to taking things back to the drawing board. No worries. I don't have time these next two days to work on it (film shoots, work, etc.), but hopefully I'll have something concrete by Sunday. Most likely I'll work on it while waiting in line for 'The Dark Knight Rises'!! I'm gonna grab some lunch now since I'm on break, but if you have any more input/concerns/questions you can post it on the forums or email me at [email protected]