Her'e something for the first post. How does it seem?
We all use math everyday. To predict weather, to tell time, to handle money. But math is more than just formulas and equations. It's logic and it's rationality. It's using your mind, to solve the biggest mysteries we know.
This is a spoof of the television series NUMB3RS, but told in a Mario story. Except you need to create the story.
If you haven't seen or heard of NUMB3RS, you can watch the pilot episode divided into parts here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxR0wOVwcTM
NEWCOMERS: Welcome to the Super Mario NUMB3RS RPG. Previous events may be important for a future case and if you don't know much about it, you should probably read the previous cases.
Season 1 was run by three players. There may be some information from the previous season that does affect this Season.
You can read the Season recap below or take a look at Season 1 yourself: super-mario-numb3rs-rpg-t6362.html
Super Mario NUMB3RS is about Mario, Luigi, and several other characters from many worlds who collide together to either stop crimes, save the day, or cause mischief. But along the way, they come across roadblocks or unpredictable moments that could be the difference between chaos or saving the day. According to the experts and brains of the group, math is everything. They sometimes need to face the fact that physics and math is the only best way to figure out a problem or come up with a solution for behavior. Otacon is considered the mathematician of the group, but with his hands full working with the FBI in our world, it's not easy to solve everything.
There's many crimes and mischief that comes across their path. There can be many suggestions on who the bad guy is. Bowser could be a possibility, but ever since the start of the Bloodless intervention, Dr. Pipeazoid has been an enemy who is rumoured to still be alive. His current state is unknown to the heroes but according the the Network Analysis, there's a possible chance that he's alive. Dr. Math is also another enemy. She is under control by Dr. Pipeazoid through her veins, but she has her own reasons. She tries to help her nemesis in tricking them that she's on their side, but it's her own theory to stop them and rule. Dr. Math is a much more smarter mathematician then Otacon is. She uses math problems as roadblocks to slow down the heroes. It's either they get it wrong, they pass, or the question takes forever until they solve it. These mathematical roadblocks are her way of playing a game of life or loss.
This is pretty much all you need to know about what this RPG about. The RPG is really fun as you realize the beauty of nature's language is around us and is communicating to us every time. So math is what will save the day whether you like it will or not.
Crunching Super Mario NUMB3RS Season 1, Player's commentary:super-mario-numb3rs-rpg-t6362-990.html
Important: This series follows by different cases. They should go on for at least six/seven pages. When a case is closed, they will be a like a chapter select here:
[Untitled] Page 1-? "It's been a few months since the whole Bloodless War Mario, his friends, allies, and nemesis have encountered. With the Bloodless War at an end, Mario, and the many allies of many worlds come together to celebrate at Princess Peach Toadstool's rebuild castle. Little do they know, that their nemesis plan to attack during the party. Otacon is now fully assigned to be a mathematician to help the FBI solve crimes in Sacramento. Eppes receives a new partner and two FBI agents who later become friends were also recruited. Will the heroes be able to rid the crimes and mysteries that are set ahead of them?"
1) The main purpose for this RPG is using mathematics, physics, and science to solve their biggest problems so they can stop Bowser or whoever the criminal is.
2) This is mostly a serious story but that doesn't mean you can't add some sort of comedy in it. But please remember that this is NOT Stupid Mario, so please don't add references that come from that series. Please avoid breaking the fourth wall. Consider them more as other world people than video game characters, (this has already been broken. Please avoid it.)
3) You can use crossover characters from other video games. No crossover from a movie, so no Harry Potter. Made up characters are allowed for back-up (Ex: Dr. Math, Eppes, and Susan have been made a big part in the series as they will be main characters.)
4) Characters that are copyright by Nintendo or any other company can not die. However near-deaths are allowed.
5) Use stars if you are going to f**king swear.
6) Locations can be limitless from video game worlds, made up worlds, and our world. No random world or location from movies are allowed.
7) Numbers don't lie. Make the math make sense. Also check over the equation, formula, and answer and make sure it's 100% right.
8 ) If you need to talk to the players on this RPG or help them with a complicated math problem or code, use brackets. (Ex: [It's actually 3.14, not 3.41] [Click here to translate Bacon's Cipher: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon's_cipher
] If you have a complaint, tell us, don't let it bother you.
9) Avoid sexual details (even though we went over the line in Season 1.)
10) Have fun and learn!
11) No spam.
12) If you want to use music with your posts, time it right and make sure it's fitting. Also make sure the link gives credit to the actual creators and owners of that song. Avoid music videos as they do have unwanted sound.
13) Other characters and original characters can be major or minor. Mario and Luigi are the only characters that HAVE to appear in every case or at least every page. You don't need them in every post but Mario and Luigi are considered the two main characters of the show.
14) Things won't always go the way you intend to go. Life is full of frustration so I'll warn you that you might get frustrated since everyone has a different point of view of the story. To avoid too much of this, focus on one particular character or group while the other(s) write about the other side of the story.
15) And last but not least, please read the Jump-In RPG Rules : official-jump-in-rpg-rules-update-9-9-10-t6509.html