The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie Act II Part 4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:31 am 
Commentator

Considering Rich is probably exhausted from editing this for so long, it's probably better he rest considering how late it is.

And now, the conclusion (besides the credit part, and the last min or two like last time):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCYRvMpyytA

I give this 10/10 epic battles and 20/10 satisfying conclusions. Well done rich!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie Act II Part 4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:47 am 
Intermediate

It's sad this video had to come to an end. The show's had a good run, not only entertaining thousands, but also bringing this wonderful group of people together. I think Rich deserves a standing ovation from all of us.

Message me anytime!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 am 
Middling

It was awesome! I really liked the new effects he added in. Absorbing the fireballs, going "Dragon Ball" with the fireballs, and such. Those new effects must have been what made it take soo long, cuz the actual fight wasn't near as long as 44.
Anyway, 10/10 Snake killing Liquid epicness!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:51 am 
Commentator

TetraTalon wrote:
It's sad this video had to come to an end. The show's had a good run, not only entertaining thousands, but also bringing this wonderful group of people together. I think Rich deserves a standing ovation from all of us.

PART. FIVE.

It was a really good part. Not as great as Part 3, but still great part! The Fight between Mario and Luigi was exelent. Richard did a great job! Can't wait for it to really wrap up.

10/10 fight between brothers

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:10 am 
Freelancer

The effects were awesome!
Snake killed Liquid
Mario weakened Nox Decious/Mr.L
Luigi defeated Nox Decious
Coconut confused Wario

Can't wait for Part 5 which is AFTER CHRISTMAS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:15 am 
Mediate

Sadly I feel pretty 'meh' about this installment. The effects and acting were spot on, but it really pales in comparison to Part 3.
Mr. L was pretty much losing during the whole fight while the Darkness kicked Luigi about and pushed him into being possessed, would've killed Wario if it hadn't been for the Truth Stone, and went down laughing.
It would've been nice to see Mario really struggling with the fact he has to kill his own brother. The whole part felt really rushed to be honest.
POSITIVE TIME! Snakes part was short but sweet, Mr. L's costume was bad ass, red overalls, acting, and effects FTW

9/10
In short, it's not bad but when compared to the rest it's like a singing bass you mount on your wall.

And now as a doctor I order you to sleep for three days and I suggest ignoring the whining masses of Youtube. We had a hell of a time trying to keep the peace, and shame on you Chris for feeding the troll >:I
Oh okay no shame on Chris. It's so much fun to feed trolls after all! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:28 am 
Freelancer

Honestly, I wasn't as blown away as I should've been, but maybe that's because it's 12:19am right now. But yeah, it wasn't as good as part 3, the whole fight scene just seemed kind-of, well, rushed, like LennieFish said. I mean, Mr. L put up a sort-of mediocre fight with Mario, and when Luigi came back and took control, it was all too easy. I was expecting something a little more dramatic, like a special fireball flying through Mr. L's body, then knocking Knox Decious out of it, where he was vulnerable and Mario could kill him.

Now for the good parts. I gotta admit, the fight scene was pretty cool, and it turns out that Mr. L's saber wasn't the way you told us! (kinda like how you said it was impossible to make a saber with a black core before episode 30 came out! :P) Oh well, I had half a mind that that's how it would go down. And, was that a redux of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly in the Snake VS Liquid scene? I also can't wait to see who coconut turns out to be. Well, I guess we'll see the Mario Bros. go back to the Mushroom Kingdom after this, since all the warp pipes should be unblocked now. It's really quite sad to see the series come to an end... I'm gonna miss it. Deeply. Oh, and I loved the actual fire ball noises instead of the noises you guys had been using up to this point.

Anyways, overall, 9/10, the subtraction was due to fight done a little too fast. And Rich, get a ton of sleep, and wake up happy and cheerful. Kudos to the best series on YouTube! I hope we see an anniversary episode one day... and Merry early Christmas!

Last edited by Wii Master 64 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:30 am 
Greenhorn

And unfournatly.. I feel similar to the above comment about this part. It was great; The costumes, the acting, the effects.. But the whole Mario and Luigi fight seemed a bit rushed. Now.. Maybe that's just because your were pressed for time and stressed out, but I still think it felt a bit off. Especially how it just cuts off in what seems like the middle of a conversation at the end.

Still, I stick to my other topic.. You did a great job with this, and you should be proud. Now, don't worry about the part five deadline.. If it is truely the final part of Stupid Mario Bros, then I'm sure everyone agrees that we want you well rested, so you can give editing the last piece of Stupid Mario Brothers your all. Merry Christmas Richie. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:35 am 
Newcomer

Well that was awesome and well worth the wait
Once again my comments are kind of out of order. I was'int really all that interested about the part Liquid was going to play, but that stand off with Snake was intense and well filmed/acted. speaking of intense Mr.L vs Mario Is my new favorite fight throu out the series, I hope one day to see shadow Mario and Mr.L have there own fight I know bolthe characters are dead but (I could be wrong) I think Rich and Chris enjoy playing the roles enough that we’ll see them again. Noticed Ash was’int in there, not much he could have done but that's never stop him before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:48 am 
Freelancer

After seeing the pure epicness Part 3 set up, Part 4 seemed to be a dissapointment. The only good part to me was the actual fight between mario and Mr. L. Other than that, it left ame a tad dissapointed.

9/10 for me here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:55 am 
Newcomer

Part 4 was good but wasn't as good as 3..... The special affects were great but I prefer the fist fights like the one between Wario and the Darkness. Are you guys sure that this is the SMB's end? :(

This Part left me wondering who the Coconut is, I'm really excited about that. I hope people like Prof. Oak, Ash, Brock and Waluigi come in Act 2 Part 5. This part also made me wonder what's the spell going to help.(As Coconut said, the spell will affect him indirectly)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:40 am 
Novice

Well, I just finished watching Part 4, and while it was good I have to admit that I too found it underwhelming.

The Good:
Mr. L's Costume. The overalls looked a little cheap and were definitely not Shadow Mario quality, but as Mr. L had much less screentime I can see why you wouldn't want to spend as much on it. Overall, though, I thought the costume looked great. You didn't stray too far from the Super Paper Mario design, but as promised, you left out some of the cheesier elements. I was a little disappointed to see the eye makeup on Mr. L, as I liked to picture that as a characteristic of Shadow Mario, but he needed something to make his face "darker" than that of normal Luigi and as you pointed out in the other thread, the Zorro Mask would have looked ridiculous.

The scene with Wario and the Coconut. Wario's finally getting back to his goofy old self, something that's been lost since season 2. I loved his "I'm confused" line and the look on his face when he said it, as well as the fact that the scene took place on a roof. I'm not sure why it did, exactly, but it just seemed like one of those random quirks Wario used to have when he wasn't such a serious character.

Ness returned. I wasn't sure if you were going to bring him back or not, but I was hoping you would -Having him randomly show up in Part 2, get his ass handed to him by the Darkness, and then randomly disappear again would have been stupid.

Luigi "kills" Nox Decious. I've always felt this show should focus less on Mario and Wario and more on Mario and Luigi, so needless to say I loved that scene. Mario fulfills the prophecy by defeating Mr. L, and in the aftermath Luigi gets to knock off the series' main antagonist. What's not to like?

The Bad:
Mario's Emotions (Or lack thereof): For the first time ever, I think Richie has actually underacted. At the beginning of Part 4, Mario shows up and is instantly read to go fight Mr. L. He's not angry at Nox Decious for possessing his brother, or at Merlin for letting it happen, and he's not even saddened that he has to fight (and possibly kill) his own brother -Or if he was, he certainly wasn't showing it. He just barges in with this "Kay, I'm gonna kick your ass now" attitude. In Part 3, Mario broken apart at the mere aspect of Luigi dying, yet in this one he's okay with the thought of having to kill him? What changed?

The Mario/Mr. L fight: The special effects were good, but the fight was just too one-sided. Mr. L gets one, maybe two good hits in, and the rest of the fight is Mario ripping him a new one. What's more, it lacked the "epic" feel of the Wario/Darkness fight in Part 3. When Wario and the Darkness fought, it seemed like they were genuinely trying to kill each other. Mario and Mr. L just didn't seem as real. Some of that could just be Mr. L being a pushover, though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 am 
Commentator

I like it! It was great to see Mr. L in the movie! Chris and Richie did great work at the fight! It was amazing! And then the unexpected end with Luigi killing Nox Decious! Awsome! I wonder who was playing Nox Decious in that part!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
Liked the episode. But there was something... that I didn't liked. I think everything ended to fast... And there had to be a real battle between Luigi and Nox/mr L. But Luigi is sick, isn't he? I think the spell coconut mentiond will make him better. And I think that in part 5 Merlin will explain everything. But after that... will there be another season of Stupid Mario Bros??? I hope so, cause I cant continue living without it!!!

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:40 am 
Creator

Sothe wrote:
Well, I just finished watching Part 4, and while it was good I have to admit that I too found it underwhelming.

The Good:
Mr. L's Costume. The overalls looked a little cheap and were definitely not Shadow Mario quality, but as Mr. L had much less screentime I can see why you wouldn't want to spend as much on it. Overall, though, I thought the costume looked great. You didn't stray too far from the Super Paper Mario design, but as promised, you left out some of the cheesier elements. I was a little disappointed to see the eye makeup on Mr. L, as I liked to picture that as a characteristic of Shadow Mario, but he needed something to make his face "darker" than that of normal Luigi and as you pointed out in the other thread, the Zorro Mask would have looked ridiculous.

The scene with Wario and the Coconut. Wario's finally getting back to his goofy old self, something that's been lost since season 2. I loved his "I'm confused" line and the look on his face when he said it, as well as the fact that the scene took place on a roof. I'm not sure why it did, exactly, but it just seemed like one of those random quirks Wario used to have when he wasn't such a serious character.

Ness returned. I wasn't sure if you were going to bring him back or not, but I was hoping you would -Having him randomly show up in Part 2, get his overalls handed to him by the Darkness, and then randomly disappear again would have been stupid.

Luigi "kills" Nox Decious. I've always felt this show should focus less on Mario and Wario and more on Mario and Luigi, so needless to say I loved that scene. Mario fulfills the prophecy by defeating Mr. L, and in the aftermath Luigi gets to knock off the series' main antagonist. What's not to like?

The Bad:
Mario's Emotions (Or lack thereof): For the first time ever, I think Richie has actually underacted. At the beginning of Part 4, Mario shows up and is instantly read to go fight Mr. L. He's not angry at Nox Decious for possessing his brother, or at Merlin for letting it happen, and he's not even saddened that he has to fight (and possibly kill) his own brother -Or if he was, he certainly wasn't showing it. He just barges in with this "Kay, I'm gonna kick your overalls now" attitude. In Part 3, Mario broken apart at the mere aspect of Luigi dying, yet in this one he's okay with the thought of having to kill him? What changed?

The Mario/Mr. L fight: The special effects were good, but the fight was just too one-sided. Mr. L gets one, maybe two good hits in, and the rest of the fight is Mario ripping him a new one. What's more, it lacked the "epic" feel of the Wario/Darkness fight in Part 3. When Wario and the Darkness fought, it seemed like they were genuinely trying to kill each other. Mario and Mr. L just didn't seem as real. Some of that could just be Mr. L being a pushover, though.

We were terribly rushed when we filmed The first time Fire mario talks to anyone. I wasn't sure whether i should be more stone faced since i changed. And I like to think that Mario knew he wouldn't have to kill him.