The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie Act II Part 4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:11 pm 
Commentator

Now that I've watched it a few times, I'm going to review it.

The beginning part was done very well. All four of you continue to do very well in your roles. I have to agree that Tim is doing a lot better in Act II than the previous episodes. I went back and compared him to previous seasons, and I enjoy his acting now a lot more. I suppose the only thing (and it didn't have to do with this part, but rather the entire Act II), was Wario's reactions to Ness. I don't think Ness and Wario ever interacted at all in Season 2, and I don't even think Wario knew Ness was there. Suddenly, Wario starts bringing up Ness like he's known him for a long time, and acting like he's a long lost friend. I'm not saying that the scenes with Wario and Ness were bad, they were very good. I'm just thinking continuity wise, because I've never seen Ness and Wario interacting in the series, and most of the characters thought Ness had left after the events of season 2 (or so it seemed.)

I enjoyed the Snake/Liquid confrontation. While I could say "why couldn't it be longer?", it's probably better it wasn't dragged out. After all, this was suppose to be a sub-plot. I could go over all the great things about this part, but I'm pretty sure it's been said again and again, so no need to repeat it.

The Wario scene was interesting... but we needed another coconut scene in order to connect the pieces to finish that subplot. I agree with Adam that people are over-analyzing this scene way too much. But until we see Part 5, I think we're going to continue to be confused about this scene. I'm going to wait till Part 5 before I say whether this scene was bad or not, but I will say this, it was nice to see silly Wario again.

The final battle... I have quite a few things to say about it, but if you don't want to read it all, I'll sum up what I'm thinking: For a fight scene, it was excellent. For a final battle scene, it was good. Not the best, but it did what it needed to do, and it was very well done. Let me explain in a few points:

-Mr.L's Costume: I'll admit in the beginning, I thought the same thing as Adam, "is that conductor look?". But as the final battle scene went on, he started to look a lot more menacing. I think you did a great job with it, and it's too bad he couldn't wear it longer.
-Pre-Battle Conversation: I had two problems with it, one that people may disagree with, and one that's similar to everyone else. The first was Mr. L talking in this part. Now, I'm not saying Chris did bad acting. Let me explain. In Part 3, I liked the reveal of Mr. L, because then he truly felt like a new person/corrupt soul. In this part, he just sounded more like it was just Nox Decious again. Yes, I know Nox has been in control in part 3, but it's just... how do I explain it? The way he talked and sounded in Part 3 seemed a lot more dark and bone-chilling than in part 4. (Ex. of what I mean: "So how about we get things done?" "Is there a point to this sad story?" "He served his purpose, and now I'm glad to be rid of him.") Look, I like the nox decious talk, but it's just... when you hear those lines said that way... I just wish I had heard more lines/talking that way in Part 4. The other part was Mario not conflicted over killing his brother. Now, I do get that you said you wanted it to look like Mario knew he didn't need to kill him. Fair enough. But it would have been nice to see some of that inner conflict.
-The lightsaber/fireball/fist fight battle: Very well done, as always. The effort you put in the past week really shows. No complaints from me. Not even emotion wise.
-Nox Decious death scene: One thing confuses me. If Luigi killed Nox, then how was Mario the one destined to defeat him? Now, I know what you're going to say, he beat him in battle, and took away his weapon. Fair enough. However, if we remember the shadow mario battle, darkness defeated Wario in battle, and took away his weapon. Wario got lucky because of the darkness's stupidity at that moment, but he never defeated him, he just killed him. I will admit though, the way you killed Nox was done well. The battle in Luigi's head looked very cool.

Overall, I stand by what I said in which it was a very good conclusion (besides part 5, which I'm going to consider the aftermath/credit/blooper part.) Everything was done well, and the way it was done isn't terrible. I just think it could have been greater. It wasn't bad, and it was very enjoyable. But like all things, there's always something that could have been improved.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 pm 
Tyro

Another thing I have been wondering: Why did Wario give Mario the Black Widdow blade? And didnt Merlin tell Mario the "The Black Widdow Blade pulses evil and glows black no matter who's weilding it."? That just seemed like it was foreshadowing to something, and my frst thought was that Wario would become evil again because he picked it up after the fight... And since Mario is basically the main protagonist in the series, wouldnt it be better if it was Good: White/Red VS Evil: Black VS Green?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:07 am 
Middling

Wow! Can I just say - aren't these the longest reviews EVER? Man, just lookin' at em makes my head spin!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:51 am 
Creator

beasta234 wrote:
Another thing I have been wondering: Why did Wario give Mario the Black Widdow blade? And didnt Merlin tell Mario the "The Black Widdow Blade pulses evil and glows black no matter who's weilding it."? That just seemed like it was foreshadowing to something, and my frst thought was that Wario would become evil again because he picked it up after the fight... And since Mario is basically the main protagonist in the series, wouldnt it be better if it was Good: White/Red VS Evil: Black VS Green?

2 things.

The black widow blade is more powerful and Mario needed a powerful weapon.

The whole reason I added that line where Merlin says the black widow blade stays black was because i wanted Mario To use the black widow blade i wanted to have it stay black without people thinking that mario turned evil or something.

The reason why i wanted both sabers to be black is it actually makes editing easier, i don't have to create two "masks" just one. People who use after effects know what i'm talking about, Plus i wouldn't have to switch layers everytime one saber was on top of another.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:18 pm 
Freelancer

TheHiddenOne wrote:
-Nox Decious death scene: One thing confuses me. If Luigi killed Nox, then how was Mario the one destined to defeat him? Now, I know what you're going to say, he beat him in battle, and took away his weapon. Fair enough. However, if we remember the shadow mario battle, darkness defeated Wario in battle, and took away his weapon. Wario got lucky because of the darkness's stupidity at that moment, but he never defeated him, he just killed him. I will admit though, the way you killed Nox was done well. The battle in Luigi's head looked very cool.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. BUT, what if Merlin was wrong again, like how he said that Arthur was the chosen one, but was wrong, then Mario, and was wrong again? What if it really was Luigi, but he just didn't realize it, then didn't want to discourage Mario before the final battle? But, I don't know, it still confuses me. I guess it'll be explained in Part 5.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:10 pm 
Newcomer

Part 4 was so awesome! I bit all my nails off while I watched it! I loved the fight between Mario and Mr. L, actually I loved the whole thing. You guys wrote a truly amazing script for this act!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:04 pm 
Tyro

Richalvarez wrote:
2 things.

The black widow blade is more powerful and Mario needed a powerful weapon.

The whole reason I added that line where Merlin says the black widow blade stays black was because i wanted Mario To use the black widow blade i wanted to have it stay black without people thinking that mario turned evil or something.

The reason why i wanted both sabers to be black is it actually makes editing easier, i don't have to create two "masks" just one. People who use after effects know what i'm talking about, Plus i wouldn't have to switch layers everytime one saber was on top of another.

Ah thanks for the clear up ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:21 pm 
Commentator

It's a shame to c this series come to a finish....
Alright back 2 business:

Good:
I liked the overall friendship and trust that was shown in the conversation at the beginning. It *looks 4 right word in dictionary* baffled me.
The Mario-Mr. L fight (btw great editing)
Wario's final reactions to coconut's explanation was hilarious. "ill just give merlin the stone now." lol
Mr. L's costume. Again, great job!

Bad:
The only thing i disliked about not just this part, but also Everything from Act 2 part 2 to this. I disliked how minor a role Liquid had in the plot. 2 me, all it seemed was that liquid was there just 4 the sake of being in the movie. All he did was "join" the darkness, capture otocon, let him go, and get killed, again. And send Genome soldiers that had no impact on the plot whatsoever. (unless u count postponing Disney land)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 pm 
Creator

Wii Master 64 wrote:
TheHiddenOne wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. BUT, what if Merlin was wrong again, like how he said that Arthur was the chosen one, but was wrong, then Mario, and was wrong again? What if it really was Luigi, but he just didn't realize it, then didn't want to discourage Mario before the final battle? But, I don't know, it still confuses me. I guess it'll be explained in Part 5.

No Mario was the chosen one. I suppose i have led people astray with confusing plot elements lol.

Wario was Chosen to defeat the Darkness, and he did so by killing him.

Mario Defeated Mr.L By suppressing Mr.L's Rage, making him lose control and making it possible for Luigi's consciousness to take back over.

Cap wrote:
Richie: I was sort of hoping you gave this suped up mario a different feel, a more epic feel. i understand it was just a powered up mario but i was wishing you would make this...a more intense mario. the beam sword fight was ideed epic and i understand why it was delayed now.Great work.

Well he couldn't do rapid fireballs before, what did you expect?

AdminAdam wrote:
As for the big Fire Mario VS Mr. L fight, it had it's pros and cons. I liked how you guys returned to an old location, where Mario first fought Decious is now where they finally faced off, very poetic. I wasn't crazy about Mr. L's costume. I thought it would be more like the awesome-evil feel that the Darkness had instead of the "lol, he looks like a conductor!" vibe. It was a nice mix of music but as always it could have flowed better. I did like the immediate silence as they fought, nice touch. Great fight choreography, I always enjoy seeing new moves. But, like I said before, Mr. L looked more goofy then sinister. Maybe I need to watch it a few more times to get the dark feeling. I liked the Mr. L's defeated tease and followed with Neodämmerung. Great choice and great syncing.

I wonder adam, have you never played super paper mario? MR L has that scarf around his neck.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:
As for the big Fire Mario VS Mr. L fight, it had it's pros and cons. I liked how you guys returned to an old location, where Mario first fought Decious is now where they finally faced off, very poetic. I wasn't crazy about Mr. L's costume. I thought it would be more like the awesome-evil feel that the Darkness had instead of the "lol, he looks like a conductor!" vibe. It was a nice mix of music but as always it could have flowed better. I did like the immediate silence as they fought, nice touch. Great fight choreography, I always enjoy seeing new moves. But, like I said before, Mr. L looked more goofy then sinister. Maybe I need to watch it a few more times to get the dark feeling. I liked the Mr. L's defeated tease and followed with Neodämmerung. Great choice and great syncing.

I wonder Adam, have you never played super paper mario? MR L has that scarf around his neck.

Oh I know my Super Paper Mario. I got it the day it came out and beat it within the first few weeks. I guess my expectations were based on what you said:

Richalvarez wrote:
Yes, Of course Mr.L Gets a new costume, But he couldn't just suddenly have it on when he changed. That would be dumb, he has to create it. But it won't look exactly like the costume in "Super paper Mario" because i thought it wouldn't look right in a real world scenario. Zorro Masks? No Thanks! Expect a "Shadow Mario" inspired Luigi Costume for Mr.L

You said it wouldn't look exactly like the costume from Super Paper Mario and would be more "Shadow Mario" inspired. Because no one wears ascots anymore then I thought you'd drop that from the costume. And btw, Mr. L (in the game) does not wear a "Zorro Mask". That's the shadow from his hat concealing his eyes. You did the exact same thing with the appearance of Shadow Mario.

So I was looking for some significant difference between Mr. L and Possessed Luigi but instead all I saw was his giant green ascot which made think he should be conducting the Excess Express (yes, I know my Paper Mario) and not a climactic villain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:33 am 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
I wonder Adam, have you never played super paper mario? MR L has that scarf around his neck.

Oh I know my Super Paper Mario. I got it the day it came out and beat it within the first few weeks. I guess my expectations were based on what you said:

Richalvarez wrote:
Yes, Of course Mr.L Gets a new costume, But he couldn't just suddenly have it on when he changed. That would be dumb, he has to create it. But it won't look exactly like the costume in "Super paper Mario" because i thought it wouldn't look right in a real world scenario. Zorro Masks? No Thanks! Expect a "Shadow Mario" inspired Luigi Costume for Mr.L

You said it wouldn't look exactly like the costume from Super Paper Mario and would be more "Shadow Mario" inspired. Because no one wears ascots anymore then I thought you'd drop that from the costume. And btw, Mr. L (in the game) does not wear a "Zorro Mask". That's the shadow from his hat concealing his eyes. You did the exact same thing with the appearance of Shadow Mario.

So I was looking for some significant difference between Mr. L and Possessed Luigi but instead all I saw was his giant green ascot which made think he should be conducting the Excess Express (yes, I know my Paper Mario) and not a climactic villain.

When i was writting the movie i didn't think Shadow mario seemed more impressive than MR. L. I didn't know people would like him so much, plus i was really not liking the way i was playing him. So i assumed that by the time people saw MR. L They would see him as the true bad guy. Had i known what i know now i would have changed it so that the Mr.L Battle came first, and the darkness battle was last.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:49 am 
Freelancer

Thanks for clearing all that up, and I have a couple of questions myself. What was it that you didn't like about playing Dark Mario? And when are you ever going to do that history of Nox Decious video like you said you would a year ago? lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:58 am 
Creator

Wii Master 64 wrote:
Thanks for clearing all that up, and I have a couple of questions myself. What was it that you didn't like about playing Dark Mario? And when are you ever going to do that history of Nox Decious video like you said you would a year ago? lol

I liked playing the character, i was just worried that people wouldn't like him lol
I played him very cheezy, but i guess people like cheese.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:38 pm 
Mediate

Richalvarez wrote:
Wii Master 64 wrote:

I liked playing the character, I was just worried that people wouldn't like him lol
I played him very cheezy, but I guess people like cheese.

Of course! Why else would William Shatner still have a career? :awesome:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:46 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I really liked the Darkness, and how you played him cheesy ( however I dont have any clue what "cheesy" means... I just liked how you played him... ) but I dont like cheese... I think cheese is gross... ( I dont know how to spell it, but I meant 'not tasty' )

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next