The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie Act II Part 4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 am 
Newcomer

Act II Part 4 was a good finale...but not great.

Here is my review...
The beginning had good acting, but I felt Ness wasn't at his best acting.

The stand-off between Snake and Liquid was EPIC!! I have to admit when I heard that gunshot I froze wondering who shot it. I thought Liquid's death was better than Shadow Mario's, because I honestly thought that the speech that Shadow Mario gave was a little too much. What was nice about Liquid's death was that Liquid just didn't make a speech or say anything he just made an angry groan and Sanke punched him. I also felt the tension in the scene. Two brothers wanting to kill each other. One more thin I liked was you were able to get Liquid and Snake in the same scene. How did you do that?

I liked the scene with coconut and Wario, because Wario was back to his old self. Also I think the coconut is Ganondorf, because it strikes me that Wario had to kill Shadow Mario, but coconut doesn't say why. But I could be wrong, because I think Link will come back to life because of the spell Merlin will preform.

The fight between Mr. L and Mario was good, but not as good as I hoped it would be. The beginning of the fight was good because it was energetic and epic, but after Mario K.O'd Mr. L the first time it lagged. Also Mr. L wasn't really that strong compared to Shadow Mario. Now I know Mario is now more powerful, but still.

Overall, Part 4 was good, but not great so this gets a 9/10.

By the way can you answer this question Rich, How come Snake's hair was different? When he was talking to Mario his hair looked like it did in Season 3, but in the next scene when he talks to Otacon it Snake's hair changed into what it looked like in the movie.

Nice job Rich!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:11 am 
Novice

Well after the wait, which was worth it, The installment itself was well done and fit into the movie as a whole Because in a movie each scene has to be a take off or relevent to others in the movie ,richie has nailed this. He knows exaclty how to make it so the viewers can enjoy the action packed parts while still reminding us that wario has the Truth Stone and needs to bring it to Merlin to (I already know).

But all in all the movie as an whole is amazing RMA studios did a fantastic job again.

Although the seriers is about to close richalvarez have been one of my favorite YouTube channels. I can remember countless times being on this forum talking with other members about the show or the movie which were all done in a fantastic manor. Richie has put so much work into this show, I cant imagine the hours and sleepless nights hes had to go through just to bring us one episode/part and now that its over I just wanted to say,

Thanks Richie your awesome :awesome:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:12 pm 
Middling

I got a real "Season 2" feel out of it, which is good because season 2 is my favorite season.
A few things:
1. Mr. L, you exceeded my expectations, I really got an "evil luigi" feel from him, unlike the darkness, who didn't feel like an evil Mario, which is good, because the Darkness isn't a possessed Mario.

2. I'm gonna go right ahead and predict the spell coconut mentions will revive Link.

3. I liked the fight better than all of the previous ones, however I was expecting both of them to be badly wounded, and maybe even Mario cry a little.

4. Mr. L and the Darkness would've been a badass duo if the Darkness had not died, just imagine Mario & Wario VS. Mr. L and The Darkness.

5. What is with the choking scene, it looked awful to me, it just looked like Luigi was shaking him, and on the shots showing Luigi, it looked even worse, it looked like he wasn't even touching Decious.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:41 pm 
Commentator

First of all, before I say anything else, I want to thank Richie and anyone else involved in the intensive editing process. It can't be easy trying to keep up with these productions and yet the results are always mind blowing. The least I can do in return is express my appreciation.

Part 4! I had to hide near the back of the house to watch it when I found out that it was out 'cause my family was asleep and I didn't want to wake them. But I also didn't want to wait until they all woke up before I could watch it. ^.^

Julian's acting in this part is astounding. All I think I've ever seen him do is goof off. But the showdown between Liquid and Snake was very impressive. His performance(s) was incredibly believable. (And this is all not mentioning the perfect location choice and the gorgeous camera work.) To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing more of the serious Julian.

Wario on the roof again! I love the music in that scene and I'm curious as to what it was. (Cause I liked it so much I think I want a copy. :P) This scene was fun in the ways that it harked back yet again to the cheerful side of StMB. I've said it before and I say it again, I really enjoy the way Matt can shift between the two Warios. It was good to see him being goofy again. It made me laugh.

CHRIS' COSTUME IS AMAZING! Sorry for the all caps... My fingers got away from me for a second... *shame* Seriously though, I really liked the costume. It seemed so perfect. Not all black but not exactly green either. It goes perfectly along with the idea that Mr. L is neither all Luigi nor all Nox Decious. A costume that reflects the inner psyche of the character is a characteristic of German Expressionist films, one of my absolute favorite genres of film, hence my appreciation of Mr. L's costume. Brilliant job! (Though my little sister wants to know, Chris, how you managed to get the eye make-up on and off with getting any of it in your eyes.)

The fight scene was fascinating! It's very interesting to look at the Wario VS Darkness battle and then the Mr. L VS Fire Mario battle and compare and contrast the two styles. Wario VS Darkness' looks like a well choreographed dance, very similar to what most people are used to seeing in Hollywood movies. However, Mr. L and Mario's looked more like a real fight. (Minus the fact that they were wielding beam swords and firing fireballs out of their hands, obviously.) I think this is because the intensity came from the speed and tightness of the execution of the moves. To be honest, it looks like there is a higher level of trust between Chris and Richie than between Matt and Richie. I know I would only swing a stick that fast around someone I really trusted and had practiced with a great deal.

It's really subtle but when we first see Mr. L, he looks kind of sad. It's as if part of him is in fact doubting. The way Mario comes into the shot in the background over his shoulder is so perfect because it emphasizes what might be causing that pang of self-reflection. But when he turns around it's gone, buried inside Mr. L.

And then of course the moment when Mr. L sits up so suddenly, bearing his teeth and coming at Mario... that was perfect. He looks so vicious!

When Mr. L and Mario are in the sword lock, just before Mario lets fly with a fireball in Mr. L's face, the close up shots are really poignant. Mario looks like he knows exactly what he's about to do but he's weighing the options. He looks so sad. He doesn't want to hurt his brother.

After Mr. L collapses for the last time, the way Mario throws down his beam sword and drops down beside his brother is really moving. It hints at the way Mario had to suppress his genuine feelings for the sake of saving the world. But as soon as he could, he stopped being “the Choosen One” and went back to being an older brother trying to protect his younger brother.

Wow... I just looked back over what all I've written and I can't help but hear that little voice suggesting that I've read to much into it all. But I can't help it. I love the series so much and this movie has been such an epic climax to it all. I can't wait to see how it all wraps up. And I want to thank all of you again for putting so much time and effort into it all. I know it has meant a lot to me.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:06 pm 
Newcomer

Meh. Apparently It came out ten minutes after I got off the chat last night... >.<

Okay, so, I thought it was amazing. Not as good as part three but still awesome. The whole Mario/Mr. L/Luigi fight gets 50/10 from me. It was definitely a ftw moment. Snake too. Completely epic.

And I agree with Lennie. Go. To. Sleep. If I were you, Rich, I'd be dead until Christmas. xD

The editing and acting was awesome =]
Can't wait to see what happens in Part Five
=D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 pm 
Tyro

Although I dont necessarily think this has been the best installment in the series, it definitly was good. I think Tim's performance in this part has been his best overall. He seemed much more together, and his speech had a hint of maturity that we havent seen before. As for the Liquid/Solid fight, it was awesome. Especially considering the fact that they were both played by the same person. I was wondering how they would end it between them, and I guess a screen split was the answer. It was nice to see Wario in a more goofy mood, and I definitly cant wait to see what the Coconut has in store for the (hopefully not) last part of StMB. And since basically all of the fight scenes are over, and the last cliffhanger of the series lies with the Coconut's identity, it makes it all the more mysterious. Could it be a new villian, or is it just some new character we have never heard of? I have a feeling that the series must advance a little further beyond this last part in Act II, because I dont see why Richie would introduce a new character in its final moments. On to the Fire Mario/Mr. L fight, I was a little dissapointed. Chris' costume was sweet, but I just didnt think the eye makeup fit too well. He also didnt seem as angry and evil as I had imagined he would. The fight was good, but it had a few flaws. Mario's fireballs looked incredible, and I loved how they glowed so well and looked so realistic. On the other hand, Mr. L's looked a little on the cheezy side. The black inner portion looked too "cut out" and didnt fade as well as Mario's. Also, when Mr. L was dodging Mario's fireballs, he seemed very emotionless. So did Luigi as he fought Nox Decious inside of himself.
I really hope this series doesent end here, though. It has been so awesome, and I would hate to see it come to an end.
You and your friends have done an amazing job creating this series, and even if it does come to a close, I will always remember the happiness it has brought me, and thousands of others.

I give this performance a 9.5/10
Thank you for creating this awesome show, Richie. AND GET YOU SOME SLEEP!!!

Your fan,
beasta234.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:40 pm 
Middling

beasta234 wrote:
Although I dont necessarily think this has been the best installment in the series, it definitly was good. I think Tim's performance in this part has been his best overall. He seemed much more together, and his speech had a hint of maturity that we havent seen before. As for the Liquid/Solid fight, it was awesome. Especially considering the fact that they were both played by the same person. I was wondering how they would end it between them, and I guess a screen split was the answer. It was nice to see Wario in a more goofy mood, and I definitly cant wait to see what the Coconut has in store for the (hopefully not) last part of StMB. And since basically all of the fight scenes are over, and the last cliffhanger of the series lies with the Coconut's identity, it makes it all the more mysterious. Could it be a new villian, or is it just some new character we have never heard of? I have a feeling that the series must advance a little further beyond this last part in Act II, because I dont see why Richie would introduce a new character in its final moments. On to the Fire Mario/Mr. L fight, I was a little dissapointed. Chris' costume was sweet, but I just didnt think the eye makeup fit too well. He also didnt seem as angry and evil as I had imagined he would. The fight was good, but it had a few flaws. Mario's fireballs looked incredible, and I loved how they glowed so well and looked so realistic. On the other hand, Mr. L's looked a little on the cheezy side. The black inner portion looked too "cut out" and didnt fade as well as Mario's. Also, when Mr. L was dodging Mario's fireballs, he seemed very emotionless. So did Luigi as he fought Nox Decious inside of himself.
I really hope this series doesent end here, though. It has been so awesome, and I would hate to see it come to an end.
You and your friends have done an amazing job creating this series, and even if it does come to a close, I will always remember the happiness it has brought me, and thousands of others.

I give this performance a 9.5/10
Thank you for creating this awesome show, Richie. AND GET YOU SOME SLEEP!!!

Your fan,
beasta234.

Mr. L isn't as evil as Decious though, he's two different people, he's probably having alot of conflicting emotions inside, just look at his face throughout the battle, you can tell he is deeply troubled and there's alot more going on inside of his mind, you get a real sense of sorrow from it, Luigi is being forced to fight his brother.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:56 pm 
Middling

This part was one of the most epic ones! like 1000/10!!

I just want to say that the scene of Liquid/Soild Snake was kind of short to me. I mean maybe it was just me, but I was hoping for a little more. That was the only thing that bug me about this whole part. Also I'm wandering why Liquid just let Octon(sp?) go. It just made me think.

But anyways, I still love Mario's costum! Then Mr. L costum was flippn' sweet too! Ok so the scene with Wario and the Coconut on the roof it stills confuses me. Maybe I'm not just getting somethng that is really simple, but that's just me; I make everything more difficult then it needs to be. Oh and by the way love the music during that scene, I was somewhat jamming during that *hehe*. The fight scene with Mario and Mr. L was pretty epic. Ok question at 9:13 when Mario and L have thier hands like there should be a fire ball, is there? I was just wandering, because it looks like there should be, or maybe I am just thinking that.

This part was pretty epic, can't wait for part 5!! Act 2 so far is pretty flippn' sweet, this is like some of your best work Richie!! You work to hard for your fans, Thanks so much!! Now get some rest if ya can!! :D ♥

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:29 pm 
Greenhorn

Aisling pointed out a lot of the really good aspects of the part; Although some scenes seemed faked, others felt like they were making up for it. I understood Rich's stand on Mario being a tad different, due to what happened to him, as soon as I watched the video last night.. So I guess It didn't feel right because it wasn't what I was used to. It seemed there was alot more of a conflict going on in the Mario vs Mr. L battle then just the physical fight. They were both struggleing on the inside to do the right thing, without being entirely sure of what the right thing was.

Also, I really enjoyed how the Mario/Mr. L fight was brought back to the place where the WHOLE gang faced off aganced Nox Decious, and lost. It really showed how much more powerful and responsible Mario had become.

It's hard to believe that this time last year, we were watching a Christmas episode of Stupid Mario Bros, and this year, we're watching the final episode. Hurts a bit. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:24 pm 
Greenhorn

The Effects and the part was more than I expected! I really can't wait for Part 5! but, I think Part 5 will be like the Part 5 in Act 1. Just a bit of the plot,then the credits and bloopers. Very Good Job RMA! 20/10 and now I'm am sad........STUPID MARIO BROTHERS IS PRACTICALLY OVER! :notawesome: :cry:

Don't look behind you. By the time you look around, you'll
be dead.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:57 pm 
Greenhorn

Another thing. At the end of the part, I really get the feeling that Mario and Luigi are brothers.. More then I ever have before in the series. It's a very special moment. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:21 pm 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
oh i truly did love this part! it was not as long as i suspected but i was also expecting less than what i seen so way to go you guys... going to keep this one small and save the big talk for part 5!

but once again great job!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:54 pm 
Role Player

this part was amazing! i just loved the overall feeling of it!

Mr.L's costume is fantastic! its really perfect in all aspects. and my cousin was over when i was watching it and she has a super huge crush on Chris... and when you saw the back of him she was all like, "OMG HIS BUTT IS SO SEXI!!!!" and i was busting up laughing...
one thing concerns me now....when Luigi said,"i feel sick but its good to be back" i gotta feeling that Decious will be back somehow...Considering Ness said "four brothers go fight their brothers, only two will win."

Another thing about that scene it reminded me of in part 3 ,when it was the Darkness telling Luigi to give up and Decious was telling him to give in, only with Mario telling Luigi to fight back and Luigi was telling Decious to give up...which reminded me of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

and one more thing about that scene i really felt like Mario was instantly an older brother when Mr.L fainted and he went right over to him shouting "Luigi!" Seeing Mario and Luigi smiling at each other was touching. :)

overall OVER NINE-THOUSAND/10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 pm 
Storyteller

Richie kudos to you on this episode, (and to the actors as well!) it was excellent however i did spot some areas of improvment...

Richie: I was sort of hoping you gave this suped up mario a different feel, a more epic feel. i understand it was just a powered up mario but i was wishing you would make this...a more intense mario. the beam sword fight was ideed epic and i understand why it was delayed now.Great work.

Chris: Mr. L is my all time favorite bad guy in the mario universe. (i almost shouted in joy when you said "Have at you!") great work on the costume, even the ascot! however, like i pointed out about richie, the voice needs work. It's not fully Nox and not fully Luigi, but all i heard was your Nox voice...shift it up! do something...Eloquently Sinister. a sophisticated evil if you will: that is mr. L

i'm just going to come out and say it: the scene of Luigi killing Nox was absolutely horrible. I mean no rudeness, but it definately could have used work. I doubt you could kill a spirit that lived for hundreds of years by merely choking it...apologies guys...but it sucked

Matt: you always live up to my expectations, and i love how you handled the coconut's mysterious words..."I'll give this to merlin now!" not much more i could say, other than i wish you could have had more action...

Julian: excellent work on Snake AND Liquid...although unlike some, i do enjoy a little monologue. Yes Snake is not one for talk, but an old style shoot out...not my thing but kudos nonetheless...

Over all, you get a 9/10 from me and GREAT job on the editing richie!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

Well I have mixed feelings about this part.

I enjoyed Ness' conversation with the others; that was a humorous yet relevant conversation.

I thought Snake VS Liquid was excellent. It really showed how far you've come to having characters interact with one another. Excellent.

Wario and Coconut's scene was a little odd to me. Not only did it have the strangest location with the strangest music of the entire movie, it opened up a whole can of worms for the previously simple Coconut Complex. I just wish that everyone can just move along and not muse on that scene like Wario.

As for the big Fire Mario VS Mr. L fight, it had it's pros and cons. I liked how you guys returned to an old location, where Mario first fought Decious is now where they finally faced off, very poetic. I wasn't crazy about Mr. L's costume. I thought it would be more like the awesome-evil feel that the Darkness had instead of the "lol, he looks like a conductor!" vibe. It was a nice mix of music but as always it could have flowed better. I did like the immediate silence as they fought, nice touch. Great fight choreography, I always enjoy seeing new moves. But, like I said before, Mr. L looked more goofy then sinister. Maybe I need to watch it a few more times to get the dark feeling. I liked the Mr. L's defeated tease and followed with Neodämmerung. Great choice and great syncing.

Overall it was alright. Like I said, it needs to sink in a little. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a Black and Green VS Red and White Epic but, whatever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next