The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - The Movie ACT II - Part 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 pm 
Creator

Mario Confronts his Ancestor Merlin and questions the wise wizard's decisions. Meanwhile, Luigi struggles to keep the Darkness from consuming him.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N924d_Cq-sw

This part in the SMB series marks a monumental achievement for us. I think this shows some of our finest film making on youtube. Like usual, I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, opinions, feelings and any other feedback you have. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - The Movie ACT II - Part 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:41 pm 
Commentator

IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

I loved Mario's confontaion to Merlin! It still gave mystery that kept one watching! And the short confontaion Snake follwing Luigi vs. Shadow Mario was great!

I LOVED how Luigi was the Vessel and became Mr. L.....excuse me for a moment *does an 'I was right' dance*

Shadow Mario and Wario's fight was pretty much higher then I antisapated.....the whole thing with the Truth Stone was amazing.

Mario in the afterlife proved Link's quest wasn't in vain....and Adam you were right about Fire Flower!

And the thing at the end with the voices was hilarious!

So all in all 10/10 core changing Beam Swords

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 pm 
Role Player

First off, I want to give it a 10/10

Great opening converstion between Mario and Merlin. Tons of action. Story keeps on going. The deaths finally make sense. WE GOT TO SEE LINK AGAIN!!

I was pretty much in awe the whole time. Though when Mario died (supposedly) all I could say was "no no no no no....." Then The fight between Wario and The Darkness was just plain awesome. When Wario was stabbed, all I was thinking was "He better have the truth stone" and yay I was right. And I am supremely happy that we got to see Link again. So that's how the deaths added up. Link couldn't deliver the fire flower to him because he died. Mario was almost killed, met up with Link in the heavens, and recieved the fire flower. Now we get to see one of the greatest Mario costumes!!

I love it, Rich!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 pm 
Mediate

A superb addition to the already wondrous movie. The change of music when Mr. L arose was a nice touch. A pity to see the Darkness go before it could cause some real destruction. Twas rather stupid of him to not consider Wario was faking it.
Only real complaint is a small continuity error. 9:39, Darkness closes his eyes with head resting on it's side. 9:59, Eyes wide open with a mouthful of grass.
Oh well. 10/10 Quantum Hats.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:19 pm 
Forum Gamer

Im so amazed at how good this part was, im speachless. Ill just give it a 10/10 and call it a day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:28 pm 
Role Player

That was just so Awsome!!!!!! i had to keep on reminding myself this is on Youtube and not a dvd!!! Everything was spot on perfectly and im at a loss for words!!!!!

The fights were amazing, the dialog was amazing, and everything else was so incredible!!!!

this part deserves a sideways 8 out of 10

this has been SUPER FAVED!!!!!!!!
EDIT:Richie i must point out that you play Shadow Mario/Darkness really well and he is easily my favorite villan...I cried a little when he died.

But i love his metaphores such as "AAH the joy of killing, like a child who discovered he can kill an insect but never as satisfiying as the first time." I was laughing my butt off and when Wario stabbed him with the "That wasn't there before."

Im going to miss him....*sniff*

Last edited by nin10do2 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:35 pm 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
after this part i feel like a fan girl right about now. EEEEE! that was just so... amazing!
i know that you have told us to try and rate the movie once its done but i am breaking the rules by saying 10/10
so much awesomeness. merlin and mario was amazing. the confrontation of liquid and snake was genius. all the fighting sequences was utterly jaw dropping. when darkness took over luigi and he called himself mr. L i was jumping for joy. mario being stab i was literally yelling NO NO NO NO NO NO (i think i scarred my mom). wario faking death i yelled some more going you idiot why don't you have the truth stone! darknesses dying laugh was extremely creepy (will probably have nightmares with that laugh) yay for link being at piece such an emotional and suspenseful part.yes we get to see the true potential of the fire flower. and rich you look like a man on a mission in the new duds...

so once again majorly i rate this a 10/10 so gooooood...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm 
Freelancer

Best. One. Ever. Period.

Rich, dude, that was amazing. That is the best Youtube video ever made so far right there. That was the best acting, best fight scene, best everything. Easily 10/10. Dude, you put off the same vibe I got watching the Dark Knight, which means that it was insanely real. When Wario was fighting Dark Mario, I was thinking to myself "I wonder if we'll ever get to see the truth stone in action." Then it happened. Wario was stabbed, I was surprised, then Dark Mario gets stabbed. At first I thought that it was Mario because maybe Mario had secretly gotten the truth stone. Then, it turned out to be Wario, and I was like "Alright! He lives!" When Mario got the fire flower, I was pretty much blown away. Who knew there were red overalls in existence? I can't wait to see the Mario use the Fire Flower's full potential.

I sure hope that Act 4 can live up to this standard, because this was very well done. I can't wait to see the Mario VS. Mr. L fight, that'll be great, I'm sure. I hope Luigi comes out ok, because he's in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and hopefully in Galaxy 2, so you can't just cut a Nintendo character off then he appear in another game. Hopefully, Link will come back as well. But dude, that was an amazing Act, and hope to see some push the bar even further. Keep up the super, extremely awesome work Rich. Go celebrate at Outback after the movie's over for a job extremely well done. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:41 pm 
Middling

Ok I give this video is 10/10!! Jeez I almost hate rating each part, because I want to wait to rate as a whole. Though each time it's always rockn' sweetness!! Oh my God! this time I like yelled NO the whole time! And I started to cry every time someone got stab!! It was wonderful!!

I love how the beam swords went black when shadow mario grab them (pure smarite!!)! and I love mario's outfit in the end! i was like "omg thats totally ROCKN'!!!!!".

Ok, so in the last part when wario talked with the coconut and all, the coconut wanted the darkness dead so it can be human again, or however that goes. But that didnt happen this time, and i was awwww, i was waiting for that! so like im going to have to wait till it gets there?? cause like im totally excited for that! im wandering who it is soooo badly! UGH!! I'm getting like so hype up!! cant wait for the next one now!! so far everything is like totally sweet, but i dont want to get too far ahead of myself!! :D ♥

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:42 pm 
Middling

Simply amazing, I was on edge the entire time, I was actually shaking, this truly was your best work Richard.
The effects, the acting, the drama, the action, I loved every bit of it.
I give this 10/10 no doubt about it.
My only problem I have is "Mr. L" I know who Mr. L is, but it felt like it ruined the moment a bit, I was expecting him to say "Nox Decious", oh well, great work nonetheless. Your future is bright Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 pm 
Freelancer

purplechip03114 wrote:
Ok I give this video is 10/10!! Jeez I almost hate rating each part, because I want to wait to rate as a whole. Though each time it's always rockn' sweetness!! Oh my God! this time I like yelled NO the whole time! And I started to cry every time someone got stab!! It was wonderful!!

I love how the beam swords went black when shadow mario grab them (pure smarite!!)! and I love mario's outfit in the end! i was like "omg thats totally ROCKN'!!!!!".

Ok, so in the last part when wario talked with the coconut and all, the coconut wanted the darkness dead so it can be human again, or however that goes. But that didnt happen this time, and i was awwww, i was waiting for that! so like im going to have to wait till it gets there?? cause like im totally excited for that! im wandering who it is soooo badly! UGH!! I'm getting like so hype up!! cant wait for the next one now!! so far everything is like totally sweet, but i dont want to get too far ahead of myself!! :D

Remember, the darkness isn't dead yet, we still have Mr. L running around.

Also, Rich, can you get a facebook and start a Stupid Mario Bros. group? That would be awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:54 pm 
Middling

Wii Master 64 wrote:
purplechip03114 wrote:

Ok, so in the last part when wario talked with the coconut and all, the coconut wanted the darkness dead so it can be human again, or however that goes. But that didnt happen this time, and i was awwww, i was waiting for that! so like im going to have to wait till it gets there?? cause like im totally excited for that! im wandering who it is soooo badly! UGH!! I'm getting like so hype up!! cant wait for the next one now!! so far everything is like totally sweet, but i dont want to get too far ahead of myself!! :D

Remember, the darkness isn't dead yet, we still have Mr. L running around.

true i didn't think about that one! thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 pm 
Middling

First, I must say that I'm awed by this video. To me, this part of the "movie" has been the best yet, and most definitely represents a milestone in your movie-making history, and your general excellence in movie-making. My first impulse would be to give the video 10 out of 10 - however, I think anyone hoping to make a career out of movies would appreciate an opinion that is unbiased, and if I give you that, I have to give you 9 out of 10 on this video.
As part of the audience, I must say there were a few things that I thought of during the video that, if added, would have made it a little more real to me, the first being depth of field. So far, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you've used a video camera with depth of field, and I know you must work on a budget, but I think the donations would have supported one, and such a video camera would have given the video a real movie look to it, and could have fuzzed out certain distractions in the background. It may also have helped with your close-ups. I must say I have seen some unappealing blur on a few close-ups.
Secondly, I think the increasing seriousness of this video's acting and storyline deserved more real-life effects to support them; example: when Wario was run through with a light-saber, he fell to the ground. The acting was great, but I saw no evidence as Wario fell to support him being struck at all. No hole in the jeans or shirt, no black - not a mark. Perhaps it was overlooked under the stress of time, but if that's true, I'd rather you take more time than end up with a few disappointments. Even the smallest details help capture your audience, and they deserve your attention.
Otherwise, I think the video was seamless, and couldn't possibly have been better, given that you had to compensate for actors who were already moving on, rewrite some of the storyline, cope with weather conditions, and so on. I guess a director will always have obstacles to overcome, but how you dealt with yours was awe-inspiring.
I guess I have to give you 10 out of 10 after all!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 pm 
Newcomer

Fangasm AHHHHHHHHH that was beautiful Richie I got to see it with my friend who also watches it and at the end we were literally drooling I actually had to wipe my cheek it was the most epic thing I have ever seen!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 pm 
Tyro

This movie keeps getting better and better! I really am impressed on how far you guys have come. All the fights were amazingly sequenced, and the camera work was fantastic! Kinda sad to see Shadow Mario die, though, but glad to see that Link didn't die in vain! But now, Mr. L and Liquid are the only villians left. I hope Bowser and (maybe) an army of Koopas return, that would be epic. Hope to see a costume change from Mr. L, and tell Chris he did an amazing job of playing an evil character! Can't wait to see who the Coconut turns out to be, and I really hope that Ness returns! By the way Richie, you look beastly in those flamin' red kicks!!! :coolmario:
Keep up the AWESOME work!
beasta234.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds