The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - The Movie ACT II - Part 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, that was just plain old flat out phenomenal. Even though I had guessed about everything was going to happen it doesn't mean I found it epic to watch.

Luigi VS Shadow Mario and Shadow Mario VS Wario were both fantastic. I was waiting for Shadow Mario to take of the cloak and once he did I saw his hardcore gauntlets. But my favorite detail is when he changed the regular beam sword black. That's the best right there.

Although this may be the best of StMB so far, it's still not flawless. I wasn't crazy about the piercing sunlight when the Darkness died. Like I said before, it's a bad contrast. Also when Wario was talking to Snake he kept taking his hat off and putting it back on. Although it makes sense continuity-wise, it was unnecessary to do it twice.

But all that aside it was a great semi-climax, can't wait for the finale!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:49 pm 
Middling

AdminAdam wrote:
I wasn't crazy about the piercing sunlight when the Darkness died.

Really? I thought you'd appreciate the world getting a little brighter as the "darkness" died. It's almost symbolic, although I don't think it was intentional. As far as the rest of the scenes while he was alive, yeah, totally digged the low lighting. if it had remained dark until he died, that would have been even cooler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:52 pm 
Newcomer

Ok, that was the fastest 14 minutes I've witnessed on Youtube, meaning this is one of, if not, the best you guys have made, ever. I was starting to wonder if you would have ever have done a same-person-in-the-same-shot-twice shot, what with Rich playing multiple parts, and I was actually surprised, because you pulled it off so nicely. And yes, the fights got more intense, a lot more intense.
All in all, you guys show real dedication in doing all of these, not only for your passion, but for our entertainment also. I'm an aspiring filmmaker myself and this shows me that a whole lot can be done with the pure dedication you guys possess, even if you make it in your own neighborhood on a low budget. I can already tell that the conclusion is going to be an outstanding one.

Great Work. :coolmario:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:09 am 
Freelancer

The fight is more real than the other ones you have done. And you did it without blood.
The beam swords changing it's core as soon as the Darkness grabs it was cool!

So Wario is chosen to defeat the Darkness
And Mario is chosen to defeat Nox Decious (A.K. Mr. L)

5/5 stars + Favorite

This is an awesome series that we all hope will never die. Stupid Mario Brothers is the best thing you have ever done!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 am 
Fan Girl

Location: In this Forum.Like to go to my tent over there, drink hot chocolate and eat cookies?
Great fighting scene with the Darkness. Makes me sad that he is dead I kinda liked him.
Well and about Mario: I didn´t even thought that he was dead until Snake said so XD besides he still has to face his beloved brother......or is it all Decsious who completly took the controll, or are even there minds one? Well i don´t know.
But to be honest i refuse to call him Mr. L because against the most of the fantopic i don´t think Mr.L is Luigis evil side. He was just brainwashed there, like Bowsers Minions and at the end of the game the Minions of Black were all good, they just served Black and wasn´t evil at all. (except Dimensio)
Ah, but he just made this name up in this so I guess now it is alright.
All in all a realy creative masterpiece that you and your friends have done Mr. Alvarez.
Lets hope the Movie goes on like this or even get better, if that is possible. :coolmario:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:22 am 
Forum Gamer

purplechip03114 wrote:
Wii Master 64 wrote:
Remember, the darkness isn't dead yet, we still have Mr. L running around.

true i didn't think about that one! thanks!

Accually, that is Nox Desious, not the Darkness, that is possesing Luigi.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:14 am 
Freelancer

I know, and Nox Decious made the darkness, which means he is one with it pretty much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 am 
Novice

Overall an excellent part and probably the best one yet. My only complaint was that the darkness died so early, he's always been a better villain than Nox Decious.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:51 am 
Commentator

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Most epic movie piece ever!! I loved it!

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system and slept off the effects of watching it for the first time it's time for me to be more coherent. But I'm not quite sure how to be coherent about this one! It's just too amazing. The fight scenes have to be the best you've done yet. Probably the best fight scenes on YouTube!

Especially the fight between Wario and the Darkness. In that scene, Richie and Matt have the grace of dancers! I can almost hear the rhythm.

The Darkness' costume was so cool! It's too bad he had to go so soon. He was an amazing villain. And Richie, you did an amazing job playing him!

An interesting side note for me was the contrast between the Darkness and Mario. The color correction in “the pretty white place where dead and almost-dead people go” really emphasized Richie's large dark eyes and made him look even more innocent in contrast to the recently deceased Darkness (who looked anything but innocent.)

I will say though, for a split second when Mario got stabbed, I thought Luig- *cough* I mean, Mr. L, had done it. Which, in my books, would have been the most horribly heart-wrenching moment in fictional history. Part of me was relieved when I realized it was the Darkness.

I cannot wait to see Chris' Mr. L character played out to his full potential. The scene where he turns his back on the Darkness and walks away is incredibly chilling imagery. It subtly understates an ominous superiority Mr. L has over the Darkness. Please tell me he's going to get an awesome costume like The Darkness'.

This story is amazing and I am very thoroughly caught up in it. I shall die a thousand deaths until the next part comes out.

(As a totally random aside, Richie, I am actually thankful you posted that snowed-in video. In an odd way, it ended up inspiring a story me and my roommate are now working on. It's a George MacDonald-style story about a young man who meets the personification of Winter which ends up setting him off on an epic sword-wielding quest. My roomie is writing it as a play. ^.^)

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:31 pm 
Newcomer

Absolutely Brilliant. I especially liked how the beam sword's core changed colour when it went between users. Epic episode, I'm really looking forward to part 4.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:52 pm 
Creator

Sothe wrote:
Overall an excellent part and probably the best one yet. My only complaint was that the darkness died so early, he's always been a better villain than Nox Decious.

He was only the tool. Decious/Mr.L is the actual villain of the story. It's not that the Darkness is a better villain, just a different kind of villain. Decious is downright evil while the Darkness is insane. Its just whatever you prefer.

I'm actually really surprised at how much people liked The Darkness. The entire time i was playing the character I was always worried that i was doing it wrong and/or bad. Of course i've never been very confident in my ability to play bad guys. I thought he would come off too stupid. lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 pm 
Novice

Richalvarez wrote:
Sothe wrote:

He was only the tool. Decious/Mr.L is the actual villain of the story. It's not that the Darkness is a better villain, just a different kind of villain. Decious is downright evil while the Darkness is insane. Its just whatever you prefer.

I'm actually really surprised at how much people liked The Darkness. The entire time i was playing the character I was always worried that i was doing it wrong and/or bad. Of course i've never been very confident in my ability to play bad guys. I thought he would come off too stupid. lol

Perhaps "better" was the wrong word. What I meant to say was the Darkness was the more interesting of the two villains (in my opinion, of course). While I never particularly disliked Decious, he always seemed to be more of a plot device than an actual character -like he was introduced as a means of moving the show beyond Mario and Wario's quarrels. He was the archetypical evil overlord, complete with limitless power and his own sob story. While he made an effective villain for season 2, he never seemed to be anything other than an obstacle that Mario had to overcome. I don't think he's had a single humorous line in the entire series.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:43 pm 
Commentator

That was some of the most epicly epic epicness of all the epic epicness that has been posted under u guys.
I know this was a mostly serious part, but I couldn't help but laugh at some things, like Wario saying rest in he1l or Shadow Mario's classic, "That wasn't there b4." (well, its not classic yet, but its classic material.)
Can't wait 4 part 4. Or will it b delayed 5 days.
Oh, wait, did i mention it was epic?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:15 pm 
Landsman

That was AWSOME!!!Well worth the wait. My daughter (who's 5) was screaming at Decious to leave Luigi alone. My younger son (who's 7) thought Luigi died and was like "Noo! He can't die! He's a good guy! Bad enough Link died now him?" Then they were crushed to learn that Decious took over his mind, but my daughter's like. "Mario will save him. You see." An then it happened. Mario goes down, you would of thought the world just blew up. They were completely shell shocked. My oldest (who's 10) was like "Luigi's mind gone, Mario's gone, WaLugi left. Wario you better save the day! Bad guys never win!" I myself at that point was blown away with how the story was going. An found myself cheering along with the kids when Wario destroyed the Darkness (or as the kids call him, "Dark Mario"). An then we were all cheering at the end when Richard came back as Red Mario. My oldest was like "YES!! Mario's gonna kick some..." at that I looked at him and he was like "toosh?" he finished sheepishly. So as a family of 4 we give this episode a great big 20 star salute.
Awsome acting to all and we are looking forward to Act II Part 4.

Image Image

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Skype id theoriginallunacatz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:47 pm 
Freelancer

Oh, by the way, nice grin at 7:31 Rich, Mark Hamill style! By the way, how did you get the Nether Saber to suspend like that in Dark Mario's back?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next