The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - The Movie ACT II - Part 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:45 pm 
Creator

Mario and Luigi mourn the death of their friend while Snake is on the trail of The Darkness and Wario gains a new companion.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpWeVla6avo

Once again, I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, opinions, feelings and any other feedback you have. Chris and I enjoyed reading all of the comments for Part 1. I'm sorry I havn't been able to reply to everyone, but please know that I read every comment and found your thougths really interesting. Like always, thank you very much for your support. We never would have been able to make it this far without your encouragement!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - The Movie ACT II - Part 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:08 pm 
Newcomer

I can't wait for the next part! I thought it was funny how Shadow Mario told Ness to grow up, he's huge! O_O He really looked like he could take Shadow Mario and win =P I really liked all the random comedy stuff thrown in, like when Wario almost ate coconut =P but the serious stuff is really good too, mainly the darkness trying to take over Luigi.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 pm 
Commentator

I have watched Part II twice now and have allowed myself time to digest it. Also, I hope my comments are worth reading. I hope they're helpful and encouraging, Richie, and that I'm not just repeating what you already know.

I cried. I'll admit that first off. Luigi's first confrontation with Nox Decious had me in tears. And trying to transition to the amusing scene with Bowser and Kamek talking about Teddy was difficult.

The moment when Mario tells Luigi and Ash about Link is a perfect transitionary scene, joining and gracefully demonstrating the relationship between the comedic and serious halves of the series. Watching Ash's and Luigi's faces fall after they had been goofing off and laughing seems like an intentional metaphor for the series itself.

The scene where Mario and Luigi argue is easily one of the best scenes you've ever done. The dialog was amazingly fluid, never awkward or disjointed as is the general tendency with such scenes. The performances were astounding, keeping beautifully in character while show those characters fluctuating emotionally. And the cinematography was beyond brilliant. Every shot and angle accentuated the relationship and emotional turmoil between Mario and Luigi. I love this scene.

When Wario encounters Coconut was also notable for its comedic value. (Wario has Coconut! Yay!) Matt has extremely impressed me with his ability to balance the vengeful, dark Wario with the light-hearted, lovable Wario. The transitions between the two are easy and graceful. In fact, it seems almost wrong to refer to them as two versions of Wario's character instead of simply two halves.

Ness! I was wishing he'd show back up but I was refusing to get my hopes up. Now I'm hoping that wasn't his only appearance. Tim's really grown up since his last appearance! He looks so much like his brother.

There. No nega-*cough* -I mean constructive comments this time around. Unless this counts: I don't know if I can wait a full week for the next part! I may die! *flips over and plays dead*

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 pm 
Newcomer

This is my review....
So one of the things you guys did that I liked was explain why Waluigi, Brock, and Donkey Kong weren't in the movie.

I also like the whole Luigi and Nox Decious conflict it adds suspense to the movie.

The Liquid sub-plot looks like it's going to be good and it was nice to see Ness again.

However one thing that bugs me is Ness. I'm glad he was in the movie but the fight between Shadow Mario and Ness was a little lame. Ness used PK Thunder and attacked him with the bat but that was it. Then he leaves. It was like Ness came on set said his lines did some motions and walk off the set.

I give this part a 9/10.

I can't wait for ACT 2 PART 3!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:01 pm 
Role Player

im with Aisling oh how much Tim looks so much like Chris...I saw Him get up after the Darkness told him to grow up and i was all like "Woah!!! he looks so much like Chris!"

The scenes with Luigi and Decious was amazing and i was laughing at the fact that Chris is Yelling at both of his characters :>
The transition into the first time was good the only complaint i had was when my video buffered and Chris looked like he had gas :P xD

I liked the scene with Luigi and Mario fighting, it is now one of my top scenes ever! (number two to the first scene when Luigi starts to wake up the second time) the dialog and facial expressions were good Luigi was all like >:[ while Mario was all like :crazy:

and the Darkness now reminds me of the Chesire cat in Alice in Wonderland (old Disney)

overall 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:12 pm 
Commentator

I never comment on ur vids through Youtube, i go on the forums and post as YoshiYoshi, so here it is.

Things I enjoied:

:arrow: That scene with Wario and the cooconut, I thought it was the hilarious. "dont eat me!" "holy [email protected], it talks" "well, im not gonna eat you now."

:arrow: Bringing Ness back. Didn't c that coming.

:arrow: Liquid. I never c the actual villian's being introduced, so that got me.

Where you lost me:

:arrow: That scene with Wario and the Darkness. Like, what was accomplished in that scene? No fight, just words, and the Darkness just shows up and runs away without giving any information.

Otherwise, great movie part. Keep up the good work!
I give this movie part 9/10 Hungry Wario's that never got their food!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:28 pm 
Tyro

Richie and cast, I am truly impressed by the amazing preformance displayed in the movie so far. The death of Link was a huge loss, but I believe it was necessary. Plus, the foreshadowing was amazing! The transformation of Coconut into an actual being, Ness' return, the introduction of Liquid, the deception of Luigi, and the remaining mystery of "what happened to Waluigi?" are simply incredible. All of the characters have developed so well, and have kept their classic personalities. Please keep up the good work, I cant wait for the next part!
-beasta234

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:20 pm 
Middling

First I have to say that at the end of this part I yelled NOOOO!! I didn't want this video to end. Then again I shoud wait till all the parts are out till I yell NOOO again, haha! Anyway the part with Nox Decious and Luigi like kind of made me excited. It was really good, and for me I kind of had a feeling like it would happen, but not like that. I just love this part, but I know I should not say that yet since the rest of the parts are not out yet, and then love it as a whole. So I should just stop now before I just go on and on about saying stuff that does not have to do with anything. Haha!! Can't wait for the next one and the rest of the other ones. :D ♥

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:53 pm 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
ok heres the response to this part.

for starters i loved the little comedy that the darkness said about being popular that was classic! and i also like how you told the reasons why some of the characters haven't been seen guess you do listen. the part of ness coming back was epic! i seen it coming later in the movie but coming when he did just blew me away. and the PK thunder AMAZING! poor otacon... as if he didnt get enough crap from snake... JUST AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! great job you guys!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:06 pm 
Mediate

Interesting to see Ness come back (he's grown quite a bit). I was kinda 'meh' during Luigi's dreams because of the lighting, but the rest of it was fine. I especially I liked the poking of psychological buttons :twisted:
I did not expect Liquid Snake at all. It's also great that there's still a good blend of comedy here. Loved it when Wario talked to Mr. Coconut, however I went "what?" at that scene because in Wario's previous scene he had an encounter with the Darkness. Then I remembered the saying Don't Worry. Be Happy and it made sense.
I got distracted by some chickens at 12:09, but oh well.
Dark Mario's last line was truly epic.
The acting was great along with the camera work. I just had an odd thought, if Chris were Keeanu Reeves the scene where Luigi freaks out on Mario would've sucked.

I give it a 9.8/10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:51 pm 
Commentator

this was awsome! Luigi's dreams were great...but the second one was Harry Potter-ish and in the first one I found it cool that you inserted the logic the girls that like the Mario games knows...Luigi being the better looking one.

The arguement as serval already noted was done really good! and the line 'Why did you fight Nox Decious alone? Am I not good enough to help out?' feels like it could bring some angsty-angst angst for Mario later on...

And Ness...his intro line is amazing! But whenever I see that scene at Ness says that spell...thingy I always go WTFTBBQ!

And when Snake and Wario were talking I first thought they were talking about Ottacon...yeah...

But now it is certain Luigi is the Vessel!

Thanks ML!

Last edited by Lady Juse on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:18 pm 
Newcomer

I enjoyed watching part 2. I've been looking forward to it all week and can't wait till next week for part 3. The scenes with Luigi's dreams are great and my favorite part would have to be when Yoshi was running across the field. Although for a minute, I thought Mario was writting a letter to Hyrule. Overall, great job and keep up the good work! Can't wait till next week! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:30 pm 
Freelancer

The series just kept on getting better and better.
Liquid, Ness, Luigi's dream and the anger towards Mario, and Bower's teddy is killed!

This is going to be a 5/5 stars movie!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm 
Freelancer

purplechip03114 wrote:
First I have to say that at the end of this part I yelled NOOOO!! I didn't want this video to end. Then again I shoud wait till all the parts are out till I yell NOOO again, haha! Anyway the part with Nox Decious and Luigi like kind of made me excited. It was really good, and for me I kind of had a feeling like it would happen, but not like that. I just love this part, but I know I should not say that yet since the rest of the parts are not out yet, and then love it as a whole. So I should just stop now before I just go on and on about saying stuff that does not have to do with anything. Haha!! Can't wait for the next one and the rest of the other ones. :D

Wow, I was the same way about the ending of this part! lol

Anyways, I loved this part too. The acting was great and my suspense is on its peak level. I mean, I can't type straight or think straight after watching that, because I just watched it. Dark Mario's acting was awesome, I love his insane character, it fits him well. I was craving more of a fight between Dark Mario and Ness, just PK Thunder and a bat swing wasn't enough. But, I think it was wise of Ness to walk away though. Luigi's dreams were pretty well strung out as well. They had me with a bad feeling in my gut. I think after the second time Luigi woke up, that was it, where Decious finally possessed Luigi. Just the look on his face said it all. The Darkness meeting up with Wario was cool too. My only complaint is there wasn't a fight there. The scene just ended way too quickly. There should've atleast been some more dialogue in there to properly close it out. Wario meeting up with Coconut was one of my favorite parts. The whole "Please don't eat me!" and "Crap, it talks" thing was hilarious. Although, I wish Coconut would've just been Coconut, not some guy's soul in there. Although, that actually fit better than I thought, when he said his soul was placed in a Coconut.

Anyways, a very good episode there Rich, I can already see Mario and Luigi splitting apart. I certainly hope Luigi doesn't die though. I give this episde 9.5/10.

One more thing, can you learn how to cut off limbs or whatever (if you haven't already), you know like in Star Wars? Stabbing will just get way too old after a while, there's got to be a variety. Anyway, keep up the good work and start releasing new parts sooner please!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:37 pm 
Commentator

My favorite parts were: 1. No explosions 2. Ness's P.K Thunder!!! 3. No a-splo-jins 4. Dark Mario's outstanding evil laugh (Richie, you are indeed a natural!) 5. You mentioned Anime convention, the one place i'd never leave (no issues, okay!)

It was so great, Michael Bay could just explode from your piece of the master piece! My Uncle works for an independant film company (last i could remember), any thoughts?