The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - The Movie ACT II - Part 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:53 am 
Newcomer

That was Awesome I did notice that Ness never got his bat back though so I wonder!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:13 am 
Creator

purple potato chip wrote:
My favorite parts were: 1. No explosions 2. Ness's P.K Thunder!!! 3. No a-splo-jins 4. Dark Mario's outstanding evil laugh (Richie, you are indeed a natural!) 5. You mentioned Anime convention, the one place i'd never leave (no issues, okay!)

It was so great, Michael Bay could just explode from your piece of the master piece! My Uncle works for an independant film company (last i could remember), any thoughts?

Show him Act II, see what he thinks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:56 am 
Novice

Well, I just watched Part 2, and it was excellent -Not as good as Part 1, but I'd still give it a 9/10. Chris was brilliant in his dual roles as Luigi and Nox Decious, and Richie was great as Shadow Mario (he did good with Mario, too, though other than his little fight with Luigi Mario didn't do much in this part). Julian was excellent as always, and I was surprised to see Liquid Snake. Can't wait to see where that goes.

There were only two things that really bugged me in this part -First, the sequence with Wario and Shadow Mario. I think you went a little overboard with the Batman homage, and the scene ended just as things were getting interesting. While I doubt Shadow Mario would have shown up like that just to taunt Wario, he didn't seem to have a reason to be there, and since Wario didn't mention the encounter later, I assume they didn't actually fight. My guess is Shadow Mario did something to Wario to try and make the dark and greedy aspects of his personality resurface, but there just isn't enough to go on. Guess we'll have to wait for Part 3.

Second, the Ness and Shadow Mario fight. While I was happy to see Ness again, I thought he was very out-of-character in this scene. The kid's a psychic, and he seemed to know quite a bit about Nox Decious and the Darkness in season 2, so shouldn't he have known that only Mario/Wario stood a chance against the Darkness? At the very least, Mario knew, and he should have mentioned it in his letter in case Ness didn't. I also thought it was weird that Shadow Mario didn't kill Ness -He's said he's going to kill everyone anyway, so why not knock off Ness while he's alone and helpless? The less he has to deal with, the easier they'll be.

Oh, and Rickeshey: I wouldn't be too worried about Ness' bat. As far as we know there's nothing special about it, so if all else fails he can just buy a new one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:01 am 
Forum Gamer

I loved part 2, it was so much better than part 1. Some things:

1) I enjoyed Ness's unexpected return. But from Shadow Mario's fight with him and Wario, I can tell the Darkness is only interested in killing Mar... I mean "HIM".

2)Luigi's dreaming, and he's screaming. Yay.

3) Wario and Ness now know what the Darkness looks like, so that shouldnt be a problem with the group anymore.

4) Wario must destroy the Darkness to free coconut? Hmm...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:17 am 
Creator

I Suppose I'll address the 2 Biggest concerns in this part

1. Solid Snake and Liquid Snake are twins, That's why Julian plays both.

2. Otacon was KIDNAPPED not killed "Sorry old chum, but your coming with me" there was nothing about killing there.

3. Someone complained about the lighting in the dreams. But I assure you that was intentional.

4. You all seem to be missing the point of the Wario/Shadow scene. Shadow Mario indeed said "Give me the truth stone or die". He then Disappeared. This was more of a warning then anything else. More like "The next time i see you you better give me that stone or i wil FU*King kill you". This Scene was also supposed to generally remind the audience that Wario Has the truth stone. And most of all he was just messing with Wario, He doesn't actually want to kill him, but rather change him. So don't expect a fight everytime Shadow Mario talks to someone.

5. Wario gets real happy when he's hungry, it's self explanatory.

6. Tim Muller has been Playing Ness since season 2. Of course he looks and sounds older. That's what happens over time. Especially since season 2 was filmed over a year and a half ago. It's really annoying how people on youtube can't see that it's him, like they have no concept of age.

7. Shadow Mario And Ness do not have a fight, they have a skirmish. I hate movies with too many fights, it makes for bad story development. It made much more sense to have shadow Mario simply overpower him instantly and not drag it out.

Ask me anything else if you want. But otherwise you should watch this again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWUgWXEogps

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 pm 
Intermediate

It's a shame when people have to explain themselves like that to show the proper extent of there work.
Don't get me wrong, you've cleared a few things up for me too (exp. no idea Solid and Liquid were twins, just had to assume that)

I have to do the same things sometimes when I'm making a video game (especially for someone else), as I get fans saying things and pointing out details that they disagree with.
As much as I can tell, it's a sign of modesty in one's abilities.

Heck, when you've got +40,000 subscribers, you're still doing something right.

I enjoyed act 2 as much as the first. I can go pointing out what I thought should have been improved on, but you've already heard them before, so no need to bother you.
You'll start getting a stronger reply out of me when the evil guys start getting lots of spot-light, as I am a HUGE fan of evil.

Can't wait for the resurrection of Nox Decious!

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:14 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I really loved this part. Especccialy Nox Decious slowly taking over Luigi's mind. ( however, slowly... Somewhat to fast, if you ask me... ) ( And it would be great if there would be a scene that Luigi is taken over and meets Mario but Mario doesn't know he's taken over, and that Luigi try's to fight back. Then it would be like: Luigi: 'Mario, Mario help me!' 'Silence!' 'Mario, please, Nox Decious' 'SHUT UP YOU FU*KING IDIOT!' 'Mario, he's taking the control, dont list...' 'SILENCE!' 'Please, Mario help me...' 'SILENCE!!!!!!!!!' *flash* *Luigi's clothes are black, just like the clothes from the Darkness ( Dark Mario ).* Luigi: 'Finally...' Mario: 'where are you talking about Luigi? Are you ok?' Luigi: 'And there we have Mario, the most stupid of the super mario losers. I tought you already knew. Didn't Luigi telld you? About his nightmares?' Mario: 'Nightmares, no. He... you didn't told me something like that.' Luigi: 'DONT YOU UNDERSTAND!!!' Mario: 'No, I'm sorry Luigi. I cant follow you at all.' Luigi: 'Luigi isn't there anymore. :twisted: ' Mario: If you aren't Luigi, then who are you?' 'Already forget me, Mario? I cant believe you didn't reconised me.' Mario: 'You aren't anwsering my question at all. Who the h*ll are you!?' Luigi: 'NOX DECIOUS YOU STUPID IDIOT!' Mario: 'WHAT?! NOX DECIOUS!? I tought Wario killed you!'
and then the loooong explenation.
Im only talking about Luigi and Nox Decious! LOL!!!
Anyways, I didn't saw Ness coming back. Im wondering if he would appear again... ( I hope so... ) And, the Darkness ( dark mario ) said that he would kill Wario if he didn't give him the truth stone, BUT HOW CAN HE KILL WARIO IF HE CARRY'S THE TRUTH STONE!!! THE TRUTH STONE MAKES YOU INVINCEBLE!!! Ah, welll... What would fit more was that the darkness would have said that he would kill Wario's FRIENDS. But, I think i have writen down to much already. In short: AWESOME!!! A 9,999999999999/10.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Well I've been busy lately so I'm finally getting around to reviewing this part.

No comment on the Otacon and Snake scene. I have yet to play Metal Gear Solid so I really am not sure what they're talking about half the time. But at the appearance of Liquid all I had to say was, "Stupid Julian Brothers". :lol:

Luigi and Ash's conversation was semi-funny. It's the same pokemon/ luigi likes green jokes that have been around forever. The one thing that I did notice is that Ash sounded... off. I think in that scene Dane's voice was a little bit too dweeb/childish. It was more like Brock in Episode 17 then Ash in Episode 42 if that makes sense.

I like the music when Mario broke the news of Link's death to Ash and Luigi, one of the better themes this Act. Also nice to see Yoshi.

Wario and Snake talk, not bad. I thought when Nox Decious first appears to Luigi in his dream it could of been less sudden. I mean seriously, Decious had a long dramatic enterance when he appeared to everyone in Episode 25 and now he's just there. I was cracking up at Luigi's reaction to Decious. I love it when I find things that aren't suppose to be humorous funnier then the things that are. But that makes Chris the 2nd person to have a conversation with themselves in the series, before Julian and after Rich.

Farewell Bowser and Kamek, you will be missed. Run, Yoshi, deliver that letter! Speaking of delivery, I enjoyed the closure delivered by Wario and Ash. Glad to have Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Brock, and Ness's stories tied up... or are they?

Luigi looses it with Mario. That was an emotional scene. Not like Waluigi and Wario in Episode 28 emotional, but it's getting there.

Wario's confronted by Shadow Mario at the Mailbox. The music in this scene sounded messy to me. I thought the musical cues were used much better in Shadow Mario's original introduction in the Orchard. They were used sparingly. Now it just... feels overdone. I thought this scene may have fit better else where. It doesn't transition very well with another one of Luigi's dreams. Perhaps it would have been better if it was switched with the Snake and Wario scene? Ponder that.

On with the movie, Luigi and Nox Decious have another conversation. I think Decious' dialogue is really lacking in these dreams. "Join me Luigi, we could be great!" That's not the season two evil villain that I remember.

Wario goes to get something to eat. Is it just me or is he everywhere talking to everyone? Anyway, Wario meets up with Coconut, an likely/unlikely ally. Both of them have lost a companion so I guess they're a good couple. Aside from some jerky Coconut movements and ...hungry dialogue I enjoyed this scene and expect more hilarity for this plucky duo.

Shadow Mario confronts an old comrade, Ness! I thought Ness' reintroduction into the series was handled well, all except for his sudden screen time. Seriously, bad intros left and right. Anyway (I keep saying that don't I?), I enjoyed Ness' scene with the Darkness, little Timmy has gotten funnier with age. I was cracking up at his facial expressions.

And finally, my definite favorite line of the movie and possibly even the entire series: "Why do I have to be so popular?" XD XD XD XD XD That hint of sarcasm with the previous helping of craziness and evil...tude make Shadow Mario possible the best villain of the Movie.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 am 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
Well I've been busy lately so I'm finally getting around to reviewing this part.

No comment on the Otacon and Snake scene. I have yet to play Metal Gear Solid so I really am not sure what they're talking about half the time. But at the appearance of Liquid all I had to say was, "Stupid Julian Brothers". :lol:

Luigi and Ash's conversation was semi-funny. It's the same pokemon/ luigi likes green jokes that have been around forever. The one thing that I did notice is that Ash sounded... off. I think in that scene Dane's voice was a little bit too dweeb/childish. It was more like Brock in Episode 17 then Ash in Episode 42 if that makes sense.

I like the music when Mario broke the news of Link's death to Ash and Luigi, one of the better themes this Act. Also nice to see Yoshi.

Wario and Snake talk, not bad. I thought when Nox Decious first appears to Luigi in his dream it could of been less sudden. I mean seriously, Decious had a long dramatic enterance when he appeared to everyone in Episode 25 and now he's just there. I was cracking up at Luigi's reaction to Decious. I love it when I find things that aren't suppose to be humorous funnier then the things that are. But that makes Chris the 2nd person to have a conversation with themselves in the series, before Julian and after Rich.

Farewell Bowser and Kamek, you will be missed. Run, Yoshi, deliver that letter! Speaking of delivery, I enjoyed the closure delivered by Wario and Ash. Glad to have Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Brock, and Ness's stories tied up... or are they?

Luigi looses it with Mario. That was an emotional scene. Not like Waluigi and Wario in Episode 28 emotional, but it's getting there.

Wario's confronted by Shadow Mario at the Mailbox. The music in this scene sounded messy to me. I thought the musical cues were used much better in Shadow Mario's original introduction in the Orchard. They were used sparingly. Now it just... feels overdone. I thought this scene may have fit better else where. It doesn't transition very well with another one of Luigi's dreams. Perhaps it would have been better if it was switched with the Snake and Wario scene? Ponder that.

On with the movie, Luigi and Nox Decious have another conversation. I think Decious' dialogue is really lacking in these dreams. "Join me Luigi, we could be great!" That's not the season two evil villain that I remember.

Wario goes to get something to eat. Is it just me or is he everywhere talking to everyone? Anyway, Wario meets up with Coconut, an likely/unlikely ally. Both of them have lost a companion so I guess they're a good couple. Aside from some jerky Coconut movements and ...hungry dialogue I enjoyed this scene and expect more hilarity for this plucky duo.

Shadow Mario confronts an old comrade, Ness! I thought Ness' reintroduction into the series was handled well, all except for his sudden screen time. Seriously, bad intros left and right. Anyway (I keep saying that don't I?), I enjoyed Ness' scene with the Darkness, little Timmy has gotten funnier with age. I was cracking up at his facial expressions.

And finally, my definite favorite line of the movie and possibly even the entire series: "Why do I have to be so popular?" XD XD XD XD XD That hint of sarcasm with the previous helping of craziness and evil...tude make Shadow Mario possible the best villain of the Movie.

I hate long introductions...... Especially when the character has already been introduced. Why give Nox an introduction, He doesn't slowly creep into Luigi's mind, we wants to instantly initiate conflict. Ness Doesn't need an Epic so-mo entrance either, it's just not his character. There is one character who actually gets a really cool Slo-Mo Intro, but it makes since and is Well deserved.

With Brock Gone Ash had to turn into a Ash/Brock hybrid.

Shadow Mario's Theme intentionally gets Crazier with every appearance of the Character.

You have to remember that Nox was Being Evil on Purpose in season 2. When he's talking to Luigi he's trying to persuade him. So of course he's trying not to act very evil to him, but it's only a facade.

Kent used to Animate Coconut, no Matt Does, so they way they Move coconut is different. And What do you mean "Hungry Dialog" lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

Kent used to Animate Coconut, no Matt Does, so they way they Move coconut is different. And What do you mean "Hungry Dialog" lol

Sounds good, thanks for clearing that up.

By "hungry dialogue" I mean that Wario's dialogue sounded a little wooden but you already explained that he was hungry. And I was just saying that I don't think Matt animates Coconut as well as Kent did.

But let's talk continuity. Did Luigi get his haircut after Act I day and did Ash get hair extensions? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:08 pm 
Newcomer

Two Words. "Simply flawless"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 am 
Newcomer

I was actually kind of surprised. At first I thought the rest of act 2 was going to be fairly simple, No disrespect or anything but I kind of figured the rest of the plot would just be to train and defeat the darkness but now with character dying and new and old one’s entering the picture I’m not to sure what to expect next. I like how Luigi is getting his own development and problems now insted of just being at Mario’s side. By the way is Daisy coming back? She hasn't even been mentioned in act 2 yet but I hope to see her involved in Luigi’s struggle.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:21 am 
Freelancer

All I can say is this, Stupid Mario Brothers is my top favorite series on YouTube.
I like all three seasons and the Movie. Oh and also spin-offs and music videos.

I can't recall any series on YouTube that I can think off. Fred isn't an exiting series. Smosh, Nigahiga, and ShaneDawsonTV are just randumb - I mean random - videos.

Can't wait - unfortunately I have to wait - for the rest of ACT II !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 am 
Creator

Enzio wrote:
I was actually kind of surprised. At first I thought the rest of act 2 was going to be fairly simple, No disrespect or anything but I kind of figured the rest of the plot would just be to train and defeat the darkness but now with character dying and new and old one’s entering the picture I’m not to sure what to expect next. I like how Luigi is getting his own development and problems now insted of just being at Mario’s side. By the way is Daisy coming back? She hasn't even been mentioned in act 2 yet but I hope to see her involved in Luigi’s struggle.

Unfortunately there were problems, and Jackie (Daisy) wasn't able to reprise her role.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:18 am 
Middling

Another thing I noticed, Shadow Mario made me realize how bad of a villian Nox Decious is, here we have this great villian (Shadow Mario) with a great costume, and great personality, and then we have this "meh" villian, with a bad costume and a stereotypical villian personality (I want to rule the world bwahahahaha). The costume isn't that much of a problem though, but I just can't grow to like Nox Decious as much as Shadow Mario.