The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie Act 2 Part 6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:05 pm 
Commentator

EDIT #2: Ok, it's up. Start Discussion.

And now, Part 6 of SMB The Movie: Act 2.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzJnDH1BN90&feature=sub

I give it 10/10 angry fists wanting to beat up youtube for being more crazy than Shadow Mario.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Last edited by TheHiddenOne on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie Act 2 Part 6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 pm 
Role Player

omg i thought this thread meant the movie was out i got all excited for noting o well

btw ill edit for my review for wen the part comes out

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:31 pm 
Freelancer

Ok, now that I've seen this I'm going to review it! All in all, this was a really cool episode. First, let's start with the good stuff. The acting was awesome in every way. The dialogue (well, most of the dialogue) and the action had my adrenaline pumping. The fight scene was really cool, and was well done, the Darkness was the center of my attention though. Rich, it was all you in that one, awesome job! I loved the part where Wario had him pinned down and the Darkness just started laughing and taunting him. That was brilliant! Matt and Doug did great too. Oh, and the Gary joke was hilarious! Oh, and I loved how Wario used the force to get his saber and finish the Darkness, that was amazing!

Now for the negatives. My biggest complaints were with the fight scene, it turns out. It started out really well, but the fight itself was a little lacking. I mean, half of it was just them running and knocking each other over, not much melee combat. The beam swords were barely used, even though they were ignited. Honestly, it was all too short, and I was expecting something of a little higher caliber, like an explosive fight (not literal) of epic proportions. This fight was epic, it's just it felt too much like something was missing. Part 3 still remains my favorite fight.

Overall, 9.3/10! It was awesome, it's just the fight was lacking in areas, it just didn't seem to do the movie justice. All though, I do have a taste in long and complicated fights, so others will probably say different. Other wise, everything else was flawless! Oh, and is it just me, or was the Darkness's beam sword core gray?

Last edited by Wii Master 64 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm 
Newcomer

TheHiddenOne wrote:
NOTE: Because Youtube likes to torture Rich, they decided not to tell him he can't post videos over 10 minutes anymore.

WOW, I hate how stupid everyone is about this. No offense.

But really, everyone is freaking out and getting mad at YouTube and saying it's stupid. What? Geez, you people don't know anything about YouTube. Partners CAN still upload videos over ten minutes, it's not like YouTube removed that feature.
GUESS WHAT? Errors happen. So calm down, and don't pretend that you know more then YouTube.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:14 pm 
Commentator

Jellyfish wrote:
TheHiddenOne wrote:
NOTE: Because Youtube likes to torture Rich, they decided not to tell him he can't post videos over 10 minutes anymore.

But really, everyone is freaking out and getting mad at YouTube and saying it's stupid. What? Geez, you people don't know anything about YouTube. Partners CAN still upload videos over ten minutes, it's not like YouTube removed that feature.
GUESS WHAT? Errors happen. So calm down, and don't pretend that you know more then YouTube.

A-HEM! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg2qgP-rwZM&feature=sub

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm 
Mediate

Lady Juse wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:
TheHiddenOne wrote:

In other words, we should get angry and say YouTube is stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 pm 
Intermediate

I do a swipe with one hand and two swipes with both hands at youtube also.

a 10 minute limit? jeez, thats a significant cap on fun(ny)

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:57 pm 
Commentator

The Video is up. Begin the discussion.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:08 pm 
Commentator

It was good. Me and my sister both thought the way Wario summonded his saber at the end was awesome!

so 10/10 awesome Beamsword summonings

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:42 pm 
Newcomer

It was pretty good. The final battle wasn't as epic as the one between Mario and Mr. L, but it was still well done. A few of the camera shots were amazing!

9/10.

Lady Juse wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:
TheHiddenOne wrote:

...your point?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:51 pm 
Freelancer

9/10 only for the sole reson I had a complaint:

The CounterCurse. What was is exactly? A saying of words? An item? Was is involved in the fight in any way? I watched the whole thing and I never saw any reference to a CounterCurse throughout the whole fight. If it were an item, it should've specified, because it now leaves me confused.

Other than that, great fight, alas with those camera shots that periodically amazed me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 pm 
Role Player

Richie and Matt that was some of the best acting I've ever seen from you two!!!

Wow....just wow thats all I can really say.

Wario's "Hi." made me laugh

sideways 8/10 for epic fights

Oh and if you pause the exact moment the Darkness starts to Laugh when he gets stabbed Richie makes a face kinda like "hehe it tickles" around 5:28 ish

Last edited by nin10do2 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:23 pm 
Forum Gamer

That was great, except the camera following Wario at the end was a bit shaky. Other than that, I loved the angry Darkness, the calm Wario, and the goofy unnessessary Ash and Brock scene. Prettay good overall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:29 pm 
Tyro

Truely an epic fight and Part. Loved seeing Waluigi (AGAIN). And I liked the Pokemon 5th Generation reference (If that actualy was one, Because a 5th Generation has been cofirmed) But I really feel the need to give SOME sort of criticism. Mainly, I think the fights have been getting repetitive. I mean, the acting in them is great, both Richie and Matt looked like they wanted to kill each other. However, I have noticed a pattern in these fights. Here's how it goes: They charge- they clash- one of them punches, kicks, etc. the other- they get back up- rinse and repeat. I'm not saying the fight sequences are bad, but they just kind of get repetitive. Anyways, good mini-part thing *scowls at YouTube*.
7/10..... uh.... clever SMB references...
-Beasta234-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:00 pm 
Freelancer

NethaEmerald wrote:
9/10 only for the sole reson I had a complaint:

The CounterCurse. What was is exactly? A saying of words? An item? Was is involved in the fight in any way? I watched the whole thing and I never saw any reference to a CounterCurse throughout the whole fight. If it were an item, it should've specified, because it now leaves me confused.

Other than that, great fight, alas with those camera shots that periodically amazed me.

The countercurse was barely audible, but he said something which sounded Latin. Watch the part when Wario pins the Darkness and listen closely from there.