The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie Act 2 Part 6
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:03 pm 
Freelancer

Wii Master 64 wrote:
NethaEmerald wrote:
9/10 only for the sole reson I had a complaint:

The CounterCurse. What was is exactly? A saying of words? An item? Was is involved in the fight in any way? I watched the whole thing and I never saw any reference to a CounterCurse throughout the whole fight. If it were an item, it should've specified, because it now leaves me confused.

Other than that, great fight, alas with those camera shots that periodically amazed me.

The countercurse was barely audible, but he said something which sounded Latin. Watch the part when Wario pins the Darkness and listen closely from there.

That might be. Anywho, I guess my rant is a nobody now...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:27 pm 
Intermediate

That was probably the most epic pose I have ever seen in the entire series, that is, Shadow Mario's stance in the whole dramatic scene of Wario approaching Shadow Mario. It goes along with possibly the most epic vid ever in SMB history

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:45 am 
Middling

that was pretty much the most epic rockn' part of my day!! 10/10 for the epic fight!! I like fell out of my chair 'cause of the epicness!! btw i like love when Wario was like smileing the whole time him and the darkness were talking before the fight!! it totally made like part of my day!! the epic fight just made my day!! LOL!! :D ♥

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am 
Freelancer

10/10 It has finally been done. The darkness has now been defeated, Wario has won, and now we must wonder what is in store for the final episodes. One can only imagine...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:47 pm 
Co-Creator

NethaEmerald wrote:
9/10 only for the sole reson I had a complaint:

The CounterCurse. What was is exactly? A saying of words? An item? Was is involved in the fight in any way? I watched the whole thing and I never saw any reference to a CounterCurse throughout the whole fight. If it were an item, it should've specified, because it now leaves me confused.

Other than that, great fight, alas with those camera shots that periodically amazed me.

The Counter Curse was a spoken spell. I can understand your confusion because it was kind of hidden. Anyway, at about 5:15 in Part 6, when Wario has The Darkness pinned to the ground, he says "Obscurem Absentis Humanis." As Wii Master pointed out, the words are in Latin. It's hard to hear because the music is so loud, but if you go back and watch it again immediately after he says the spell you hear a ghost-like swish. This signifies the counter curse has worked, and that the Darkness is no longer immortal. Good question though!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:49 pm 
Freelancer

What do those words mean, exactly? I never noticed the swish by the way, I'll listen for that next time I watch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:50 pm 
Co-Creator

Wii Master 64 wrote:
What do those words mean, exactly? I never noticed the swish by the way, I'll listen for that next time I watch.

Well, 'Obscurem' means Darkness, 'Absentis' means Absent, and 'Humanis' means Human. So, together the phrase roughly translates to "Darkness be gone and become human." Remember, The Darkness was just a dark spirit. The counter curse made him human so that he would become mortal, and thus make it possible for him to be destroyed. Pretty cool, huh?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:52 pm 
Commentator

indeed Chris!

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:33 pm 
Freelancer

Very cool! I guess one of you guys took Latin in high school huh?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:48 pm 
Commentator

EPIICCC!!

This fight touched upon everything that I felt was left out from the first fight such as Wario touching on the Darknesses hatred of being Mario's Shadow. The fight was possibly one of my favorites.

Additionally, Wario breaking the deadlock with a "hi" was funneh!

And Brock saying Gary and Ashes facial expression to it made me laugh histerically

I give this Movie part 10/10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 pm 
Commentator

As there wasn't a whole lot in this part, I find myself with not a lot to say. Matt's acting is still very impressive.

The fight was very interesting in the freshness of the choreography. It can be all too easy to fall into a routine of moves and attacks that get boring quickly. The way Wario was holding his sword was a really good way of mixing it up.

The cinematography was really noticeable too. It matched the flavor of the scene very well. Though I think that, in a very few places, it may have been just a tiny bit awkward. For example, when Wario says "I'm done with you," the framing is just missing his eyes. Earlier, when he said, "And that's all you'll ever be," there was an extreme close-up on his mouth which was very poignant and obviously intentional. But in the shot where he says, "I'm done with you," his eyes being out of the shot looks like an accident. And since eyes are a usually a key focal point people are going to be looking for his eyes, making that shot feel just a little lost.

Wish I had been able to comment on this sooner. But later is better than never, I guess. :P

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

I thought this Part was pretty good, I enjoyed some parts while other little details bug me a bit.

I liked Wario and Waluigi's scene alot in the beginning until Doug's accent started to crack. I do really enjoy seeing his character again but he went from his sinister Waluigi voice to a cat with bronchitis.

I liked Ash and Brock's final scene because I felt neither of them had fitting closure before this. Also at times I thought Austin's Brock voice changed but opposed to Waluigi, it sounded better then usual. Good scene; it was some nice comedic relief.

And now for the big rematch! Wario VS Shadow Mario. I thought the stand off in the beginning was alright, traditional I guess. The one thing I don't like about Wario is he seems to change the expression on his face or his stance every other clip. Each expression would be fine on it's own but all together, it's just bad continuity. I thought the context of their brief conversation was great but the fact that Shadow Mario's voice didn't echo really turned me off. Whether this was intentional or not doesn't matter to me, I just miss the echo that his voice had since Episode 31.

In the fight I enjoyed the role reversal. This time The Darkness is the one who fights because he's angry while Wario is confident in his powers. Just about everything that was wrong with the first fight was fixed in this one. I had complaints about the piercing sunlight the first time and I'm glad they chose to film on a cloudier day. All in all the fight was great just not as good as the first one. Whether it was the way Shadow Mario didn't take anything seriously even until the end, Wario attacking in anger, the fast paced music, the new choreography, or just the fact that they wailed on one another the whole time, the first Wario VS The Darkness was all around better then the first time.

The only thing that I would like to know is where DID the Darkness get a beam sword? I hope either Rich or Chris comes on and gives us a definite answer because I've got theories left and right about how he got it.

But I give this part an 8/10 if you would like a number.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 pm 
Commentator

Oh yeah, I was just rewatching Part 6 and released there was something I had meant to say but forgot. When the Darkness is on the ground at the beginning of the fight and Wario goes to stab him, that dodge was really cool Richie!

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:08 am 
Creator

Aisling wrote:
Oh yeah, I was just rewatching Part 6 and released there was something I had meant to say but forgot. When the Darkness is on the ground at the beginning of the fight and Wario goes to stab him, that dodge was really cool Richie!
Thanks Aisling!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 am 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
The only thing that I would like to know is where DID the Darkness get a beam sword? I hope either Rich or Chris comes on and gives us a definite answer because I've got theories left and right about how he got it.

There is no real answer. I'm leaving it a mystery. But honestly, I just wanted them to fight, I did not want to add a subplot about the Darkness getting the saber back. I felt it would take too long.