The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers: Fan Discussion Podcast *Casting Call*
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:10 am 
Newcomer

Salutations fellow fans of Stupid Mario Brothers! I am beginning a new project. As you could tell from the title of this topic, it is a Fan Discussion Podcast for StMB. I'm looking for members, and this is definitely the best place to look.
*How will the podcast work?* - The podcast will feature me, plus THREE other people, having a conversation about the series, Episode by Episode, analyzing what we like, don't like, and of course, cracking jokes. Each episode ends with our overall thoughts on the season.
Episode 1 - Season 1, Episode 2 - Season 2, Episode 3 - Season 3, Episode 4 - The Movie ACT I, Episode 5 - The Movie ACT II,
Episode 6 - Operation Blindstorm, Episode 7 - Season 4, and Episode 8 - Season 5. (Hopefully Episodes afterwards would be us talking with cast members, if we could contact them)
*How can I become one of the THREE other hosts?* - Well, the first thing is an open schedule. My schedule is unfortunately limited, so it would be nice to have co-hosts whose schedules are relatively open.
And now, you must pass my entry exam. I don't want blind fans who will eat up anything Richie puts out, I need critics, who can talk about the good and bad. If you are one of the first members to pass, AND I like your reasoning, you will be excepted, and we will exchange Skype information. The exam is as follows:
-What do you like about StMB as a whole?
-What do you dislike about StMB? (Could be a character, story arch, or Season)
-Do you truly feel StMB is flawless?
-Do you think you can analyze the series?

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers: Fan Discussion Podcast *Casting C
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:13 pm 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
Hmm... Stupid Mario Brothers. You may become acquainted with how I found out about the series on this page: how-did-you-find-stupid-mario-bros-t601-480.html
What do I like about StMB? Well, early in the series, it mainly focused on comedy and the humor I found quite good. I like Matt Provencal as Wario, from his standard persona as a comical, yet annoying jerk, to his chilling motive rant at the end. Come Season Two and we have a plethora of new plots, characters, and threats. I like Season Two for the "mythology" aspect of Decious and what not, but there are still some great jokes present. Season Three is more character driven and the storytelling and humor is improved upon. I consider the first three seasons as a trilogy of sorts. I dunno, I like StMB for the absurdity of dancing around town in plumber costumes and battling with white pipes that take hours to turn into lightsabers. It's a fairly solid fun show.

What I dislike? A great deal of Act I of the Movie. I don't hate it, but it resorts to rehashing the best moments from Season One in an attempt to appease fans and fails in my book. The Daisy and Yoshi characters were ultimately pointless and didn't add anything to the overall experience. Daisy was a more aggressive rehash of Peach's character and Yoshi doesn't do much of anything. The convergence of RMA related material in Part Four made up for this, if only by a little bit. After the tacked on ending of Act II watered down the good structure of The Movie, I felt that the series went down hill from there. Blind Storm was lackluster, The Interactive Adventure, while funny, I felt it was more or less irrelevant to the plot of the series. Season Four was a big step down in its gross humor, altered characters, uninspired new characters, and overall patchy plot. It lacked wit. Season Five is a great step up, but it has failed to "Wow" me so far. Of course, that may change in a week.

Do I think it's flawless? If you read my previous paragraph, you'd know it's not. In the case of earlier installments, Season One was a bit shabby at the beginning, though it quickly improved. I must also admit it was more of a test than anything. Season Two was slow paced and suffered a deal from the absence of new actors who pulled out and I still want to know what that scrapped subplot about Peach was about. Season Three was critically much better in many ways, but the amount of blood present during the penultimate episode was almost laughable. That's the only thing that sticks out in Season Three, IMO. The 2008 Season Trilogy is still the most compelling of the bunch.

Do I think I can analyze the series? Using the episode-by-episode method you mentioned, I'm confident I can.
Oh, and I have all the free time in the world.

-Waiting for your response, Space Hunter M

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm 
Newcomer

Space Hunter M wrote:
Waiting for your response, Space Hunter M

Well, here it is! You certainly seem like a very opinionated person, and you would be quite god at talking about the plot and characters. I can assure you, you are in! Send me your e-mail or Youtube account so we can exchange out Skype information. Btw, how old are you? Not that it matters, considering that I am quite young, but I'm curious.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
My YouTube name is the same as here (minus the spaces, of course). I'll drop you a PM on here.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

You know that there were previously 2 podcasts about Stupid Mario Brothers right?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm 
Newcomer

AdminAdam wrote:
You know that there were previously 2 podcasts about Stupid Mario Brothers right?

...Don't crush my dreams!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:28 pm 
Veteran

PickPikminZero wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

...Don't crush my dreams!

If you want to get technical, there's been an official one, because THO, a mod, used to make a podcast.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:37 pm 
Commentator

Yeah, technically, Trystobefunny, the former second in command and myself made an official podcast already.

I smell a lawsuit... >_>

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 pm 
Intermediate

I would be open to join you in your podcast, if it happens. I've been a long-time fan of StMBros since mid-season 2 and have always enjoyed it. I think, as both a fan and person who works in the film/tv industry (let alone, I've now been able to help with Richie and the series directly), I could probably contribute a great deal of technical and opinionated matters concerning the series and its related interests.

Basically, I could easily provide a good element to your podcast (again, if this is happening). I've got a good microphone for Skype and would be able to actually participate, so... your call.

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 pm 
Newcomer

I like the comedy of SMB. The story line is amazing for me and the actors are awesome

I dislike the seriouesness of it now. I wish they could add more funny parts. Also the special effects are that good. Finally, the fight scenes are that awesome in past seasons. It *Punch* *dies* action.

No. It can be improved but i like it as it is.

Yes, im a big fan and rewatched the whole season last month :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:34 am 
Newcomer

It's brilliant ability to be humorous and wow you all at the same time from a purely amateurish standpoint. In the beginning it's endearing from a goofy manner, but it quickly grows into a manifestation if you had made Mario videos in your own back yard. Then it gets even better because you start feeling proud of the series as it gets bigger and better with better acting, better story lines, cool villains, and great special effects. It keeps making me come back every time.

The never-ending retconning of obvious flaws in the storyline- though it is sort of made-up for in that Rich Alvarez recognized that they were there and involved those lengthy discussions between the characters to resolve them.

Of course not, but as I explained in the beginning, that's part of its appeal.

Sure, not only from the perspective that I like the show so much, but I've actually downloaded every video of Stupid Mario Bros. to my PC excepting the interactive adventures and the YouTube News Election Specials. From that perspective I have better access to the resources we would need to make good analysis of whatever episode(s) we were looking at. Oh, and I have a fairly high-quality microphone with Skype and Pamela.