The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 75
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:40 pm 
Co-Creator

The series finale of Stupid Mario Brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbCekEoBCDI

This is the final episode of Season 5, as well as the end of Stupid Mario Brothers. The last 5 years of making this series have been an amazing adventure. We never would have come this far if it weren't for the wonderful support from fans like you! Thank you! Also, thank you to everyone who donated over the years. If you're wondering what happens now that the show is over, we made an update video about the future of the Richalvarez channel a few weeks back. The link is below if you'd like to watch it.

What happens when Stupid Mario Brothers ends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjBWoPJwFiY

And finally, when you finish your review/analysis of SMB 75, head on over the the post Richie made. It's for your reflection on the series as a whole.

SMB Series Reflections:
http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/your-reflections-on-the-smb-sereis-now-that-it-s-ended-t7680.html

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 75
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:40 pm 
Novice

Honestly, I think it was always gonna end to Richie and Matt having an epic duel. And thank you. This really cheered up my day. And yay! Original songs and covers!What a great way to avoid copyright. Kinda disappointed that Ness didn't get a lot of fight scenes, but oh well. I now take a moment of silence to honor those who have quit. Without them, this show wouldn't be where it is now. I also honor the actors who remained, the new ones, and the new crew. Without them this last episode would've been real real late. Still great, but real real late. Without RMA Prod, I would have never been inspired to make my own YouTube channel and hopefully start a webseries. You know, if I get a good idea. Thanks, you guys. For everything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:56 pm 
Intermediate

brawler64 wrote:
And yay! Original songs and covers!What a great way to avoid copyright.

I'm thinking "One-Winged Angel" is a pretty well known song that wasn't original, just to name one they used that still isn't "Public Domain", but whatever. ;P

Now, I just took a "Longer-than-usual" break from work to get through about the first 40 minutes of the episode (I stopped watching after Bowser was defeated). I'm REALLY digging the story and the Merlin/Mario cross-overs done into the episode and most of everything else (beyond the blatant scenes of explanations [Though congrats, it's done well in tying up all the loose ends]). However, I will comment on one thing that... well, only I can comment on, after all.

I noticed in... well, several places where either my effects were glitched or changed after I had given them to you, Richie. Now, I'm fine with some of the choices you made (like the removal of certain effects that I knew were up to your discretion), but there were also several points were they were changed and I was cringing at how bad they now looked. Mainly, my concerns fall under one area and that's (most-time) anytime there was a punch-flash or an explosion: They were scaled WAY down from what I originally had them at (Made smaller). I don't know if you did this to all of them or it was a glitch in the up-scaling of the shots in the end (as I remember, some weren't at 1080p when I did them) but... gah... It's bugging the sh*t out of me looking at so many that got changed like that and don't really look that nice anymore. Again, this is a point where ONLY I can complain, but whatever.

Also, I had wondered if you were gonna use the "Invisibility Star" music when Captain Morgan did his attack. That was the intention, but you still made it work. I just think the fans would have enjoyed the Mario reference more. ;P

Beyond that, I'm very pleased with how the whole episode is flowing and I've really enjoyed it. I'll watch the rest later tonight and try and come up with a compilation review of the series as a whole sometime in the near future.

Until later. Back to work with me.

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:01 pm 
Newcomer

Only one word can describe this episode: AWESOME!
That was the best battle of Stupid Mario Bros. I've ever seen!!
That was a fantastic end of an amazing show!
All of my friends have seen the whole show! 
And now we want to thank you, Richie! 

Clemens E. : Thank you Richie! Stupid Mario Bros. was my favorite show on YouTube! I remember the times when every episode came out on Friday! Every school week was horrible! But I always had in mind:
After a hard week comes a fantastic episode! My favorite episode was episode 7 because of Jonny Mushroom and the Kingdoms!  Thank you very much!

Gregory: Thanks Richie. 
With Stupid Mario Bros. you inspired me to make my own movies! But I won't fake you. Don't worry! I've my own ideas! My favorite episode was 46 because of the first scene with Richie and Wario (Matt)! Thank you again!

Sophie: Thank you! It's good to see how far you came! Stupid Mario Bros. was a perfect show and I loved it very much! My favorite episode was 55 because of all the ninjas. They are so funny, but sad, at the end they are dangerous! 
Thank you!

Clemens S. : Oh Richie! Thank
you! :) 
I am still surprised what you've achieved! So many episodes!
I love all of them but my favorite is episode 44 because of the battle!

I: Thank you, for everything! You've done something amazing! 
I love all episode. I don't have a favorite one! In fact, I can't choose one of them because every episode is perfect!
There are so many of friends who would like to thank you but I only put them into the text! 

Thank you for given us the best 5 years of our lifes!

Your fans from Austria!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:05 pm 
Newcomer

I really don’t think I will ever get over the fact the SMB is over. Episode 75 was the highlight of my day and honestly everything about it was perfect. The battle between Decious and The Darkness was particularly epic in my opinion. I couldn’t help but tear up when they both died : ( And the very, very end. OH MI GOSH! Richie why did you make me cry so much. “Thank you for the best 5 years of my life.” As soon as the words left his mouth I started to cry, my mum thought there was something wrong with me. The whole episode was as perfect as can be and it wouldn’t have happened without the actors who made this possible. Thank you for the best five years of my life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:38 pm 
Commentator

You guys made an incredible series finale. All that hard work you put into it showed. There were so many great scenes, I can't begin to even choose my favorite.

Every battle scene was handled brilliantly. Not just because of Gavin's fantastic effects (Nice job Gavin! I knew you would impress us all!) but also the fight choreography was even more impressive. I think the Darkness vs Decious fight was by far the best battle of the series.

I also loved the Merlin scenes. All the back story scenes were wonderful to watch, and you and Chris did an excellent job in all those scenes.

The Wario and Waluigi talk scene was also very great. I've always loved Wario and Waluigi's interactions, they've always been one of my favorite parts of the show. (Also, the cynical a**hole part was well deserved. Sorry about that from the previous posts by the way. Even if that wasn't intended towards me, I still feel guilty for that one post.)

Also, your explanation for how Mario could pull out the Master Sword was brilliant. Using the 3 souls to represent the triforce (You guys rock for getting Kent back for that by the way.) was just brilliant. I can't think of a more perfect way to explain how Mario could use the Master Sword.

The ending scenes were also a very nice touch. Nice to see DK and Mona got married, and I did like the silent goodbyes as each character left. And that last part with Mario saying goodbye to their house was a nice touch as well.

This, by far, is one of my favorite episodes of SMB now. Fantastic way to end the series.

Thank you, Rich for a great 5 years. And thanks to each and every person who worked on the finale. You all did a fantastic job!

Sincerely,
A Cynical A**hole who's very sorry for the past few weeks.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:42 pm 
Novice

Well, I didn't think you'd be able to make a finale that topped Act II of the movie, especially after the mediocrity of season 5. But low and behold, you surprised me. I'd actually say this was the best episode of the series.

That's not to say it was completely without flaws. Because of the season's pacing issues, you did have to cram a lot into this episode -The first twenty minutes are basically exposition on the various plotlines that could have been spread out more over the rest of the season. The intensity and the special effects used in Nox Decious' duels with Wario and the Darkness make Mario and Luigi's fights with Bowser and Ganon seem a bit anticlimactic in comparison. And I do think you went overboard with the cereal gag. But you know what? The episode was just so good, that none of that matters. You had an hour long video, and this cynical belly button (har har, censor) was smiling and laughing the whole way through -A rare occurrence, even for professionally made works.

Some of my favorite scenes, in no particular order, were...
-The scene with Nox Decious and Merlin at the beginning
-Wario and Waluigi talking (even though it continued the overplayed narcolepsy gag, there was actually new stuff going on this time)
-The ninja and pirate multi-mook melee
-Decious' fights with Nox and Darkness
-Luigi's fight with Bowser
-The final battle between Ganon and Mario
-And most of all, the scene at the end where Mario and Luigi reunite and decide to go back to the Mushroom Kingdom, and the where-they-are-now montage that shows us what happened to the rest of the characters.

I was really worried prior to watching this episode that I wasn't going to like it. But it was a great episode and an excellent finale. Truly, you guys have outdone yourselves. Though Super Mario Bros. is over, I look forward to seeing your future works... And undoubtedly snarking on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:11 pm 
Newcomer

I think the delays took a little wind out of it for me. I was very happy for it to be released.
First off. Congrats to Richie, Chris, Matt, Doug, etc. for 75 episodes over the years and inspiring myself and others to enjoy your life while entertaining others. I really appreciate that. Now to the episode, i feel its too soon to critique and perhaps i need a second viewing so i will just mention a few things.

1) I enjoyed Julian as a pirate, he was the comedy for me in this one. I realize since he and Matt played key roles they couldnt be on screen at the same time and be written into scenes the way Richie was able to put himself into it.

2) The fight between Wario and Nox and then Darkness vs Nox was great and i was really into everything throughout those scenes.

3) I am guessing prof oak (daen) was the returning actor...someone correct me if it was someone else. I was hoping for Ash to comeback as he reminded me that this series was about laughing over the story. I will just be honest, the series got serious in season 4 and although i welcomed this, like mario games however, the story is not why im subscribing. Anyways...

4) I know this story was written a while ago and the ending was pretty much predictable, i was hoping for another twist. Perhaps ganon still not being defeated with the sword and maybe luigi helping out or something unexpected. It would have been cool to see Mario get a star and turn invincible. I was thinking about that when one of the pirates had a technique that had him run into some ninjas as he killed them he changed colors. Again, not my story or work so i say these things as opinions and not to bash RMA. The last battle ended quicker than i had hoped for but all in all i enjoyed this.

5) Overall, i see that a lot of time and effort was put into this so it really shined and i enjoyed the last part of mario and luigi choosing to grow their mustaches back. That was cool. The extra scene at the end with everyone sitting down drinking milk reminded me of the avengers but i wish there may have been some foreshadowing to the series continuing at some point point.

The credits were entertaining and while i was listening to the songs i was in denial that the series was over. I only found out about this series in march and it was the one thing i watched that took my mind off of work and a break up that i went through. Season 3 was what allowed me to see that with RMA stepping up the quality and taking the series to the next level, i too could move on and go to the next 'season' in my life if you will. So thanks again to all.

two things i am waiting on and i imagine others are too.

bloopers and a history of season 4 and 5 from kevin.

P.S. I watched the credits and noticed i was the very last name from the donator list. I am so honored to have been apart of this even if i only played a small part. Thanks to all involved and to those reading and thinking of making movies, use stupid mario bros as an example.

Stay blessed,

Leonard Washington aka Captain Sensation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 pm 
Role Player

I loved this episode so much I'm going to do a scene by scene review.

That opening scene was incredible. I've always been hoping for your A History of Nox Decious video. I'd imagine that video would be similar. I would like to say that scene was just touching and it really made me feel bad for the two of them. I thought the references to the Nether Emblems and the Truth Stone were interesting. Seeing Nox and Merlin's duel was one of the thing I've always wanted to see. After seeing the entire series, I would say this scene had the best acting of the series. I loved the line "Hope has returned once more."

Mario finally asks Merlin if he is still alive. I suspected he wasn't but I still hoped he was alive. When Merlin revealed that the Darkness could also communicate the same way Merlin can, I predicted the Darkness would join Mario. The scene was nice mainly because Merlin revealed his death. After watching the previous scene, it really makes me pity Merlin.

Wario returning to Luigi was good. It was you're normal dialogue between the two. I don't know what it is about Captain Morgan. He has such little screen time but he's still a likable character.

Wario and Waluigi had one of my favorite scenes of the series. This scene fixed some continuity problems and it was made that way hahaha. I thought the two of them finally admitting how much they love each other was touching. It really showed the Darkness and Decious's relationship a little better. That hug was also very heartwarming.

The pirates vs ninjas. I have been looking forward to this scene. It was funny. Ness and Wario's talk was hilarious. Seeing Zubashi and Morgan in action was also hilarious. Mario has mastered wizardry, nice to see. Wario kicks ninja ass. Wario and Nox have an awesome fight with great special effects. Mario fails at the sword which is a bit of a twist.

This next section is all about the Darkness vs. Nox Decious. I will say I set my standards very high for this fight. The fight exceeded my standards. A fight between my two favorite villains. The fight was epic and also had some of the best acting of the series. I'm glad to see the insanity of both of these villains. I couldn't help feeling bad for both of them knowing their pasts. The music was also perfect. When the camera scrolls on Darkness before he falls dead I almost shed a tear. Although I must admit I'm a little disappointed that Nox's face wasn't shown.

Luigi and Bowser was a great fight. My least favorite of the episode but still great. Glad to see the fire Bowser uses. Great special effects once again. The cough of smoke added a nice touch. I wish Luigi used his beam sword. He's the only character this season who didn't.

Mario finally gets the Master Sword. He had the help of Merlin and the Darkness which I expected but when Link came it was truly epic. I loved the Final Fantasy music hear. This was a very heartwarming scene and really made you feel sad that the three were gone. It also made me feel happy because Mario finally got the sword. Zubashi, Gangles, and Morgan had the final "showdown." That was a fun scene.

Mario vs. Ganon :the climax. I loved Mario's new outfit. It showed all of the poeple with him. Ganon's death was great and so was the music. I felt that Mario sometimes talked like Merlin, Darkness, and Link during the fight. Ganon killed Merlin. That's more believable than Nox killing him. Nox looked very sad at Merlin's death which to the viewer is very sad. That was a beautifully executed scene.

The final ending with all the characters. It tied up all the story lines. DK and Pauline's wedding was great. I'm glad that you guys had a song playing but I would've liked a bit of dialogue, but I do get why you had UPS singing over it. Not a big fan of the mustaches on Mario and Luigi. I love that they're returning to the Mushroom Kingdom, how appropriate. Oh and Richie can you tell Mario you're welcome, the pleasure was mine.

The credits were clever. I liked your list of inspirational people because I know who most of them are haha. I also must say nice homage to The Avengers after the credits.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:27 pm 
Novice

Richie: I would first like to personally thank you for the awesome memories of Stupid Mario Brothers. You can definitely see the evolution of your filmmaking as you watch through the series. Congratulations on five years of hard work! I very much enjoyed the final episode of the series.

I could go on into a long list of praise for everything in the episode, but that would take a lot of time to do. Instead, I'm just going to pick my favorite scene. The best scene for me was Darkness vs Decious. The dialogue and the fight in that entire scene was exquisitely written. You have definitely have come a long way with you writing. You and Chris also I think had the best acting to date for SMB in that one scene. Absolutely terrific! You definitely saved the best for last!

The series is over, so this doesn't matter, but the only, THE ONLY THING, I would have done differently is that I would have liked to have seen Ganon start to bring the Dark Realm into the real world. May have added some tension to the situation by having Mario race against the clock. You could have done some cool dark sky effect of something. Other than that, everything else was great.

KENT! I loved seeing Kent again. Period. That's it.

A few questions for you:
-Who was the returning actor you mentioned in the update video? Doug? Kent?
-Who played Dr. Hunter? Don't think I saw a name in the credits.
-Was that UPS who sang the song during the end montage?
-Could you reveal which scenes were the ones added in May?

This review is a little short because I'm in a hurry, but I'll for sure post a more lengthy reflection on the series later today or tomorrow. I'm gonna miss SMB, but I also can't wait to see more cool stuff come from RMA! My hope is to one day collaborate w/ you on some film project, whether it's next year when I move to California or when we're both big shots in Hollywood!

Last edited by 35thpresident on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:37 pm 
Newcomer

Beautiful. Just amazing. The effects, acting, everything. I've been a fan since Season 1 and waited for each new season from
Spoiler:
there. It's so sad to see the end. But it was quite a run. Thank you so much for this amazing series and part of my life. And I usually don't get emotional during movies but the scene when
Spoiler:
The Darkness died
made me cry. Beautiful acting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 pm 
Newcomer

This episode was absolutely amazing. Like a few others, I was worried that the last episode might be a bit bland and that it would be difficult to put so much story into one video. I am now happy to say that I was wrong. This IS indeed my favorite episode of all time, and I'm sure I will be watching it over and over for a VERY long time.
Some of my favorite scenes were when the Darkness died (pretty sad), the history of Merlin and Nox Decious, the pirate Vs. Ninjas fight, and much much more!
After watching the video about 3 times now, if I had to make ONE complaint, it would be the fact that the scene where Waluigi talked to Wario was a bit long. Besides that, there is nothing else I can possibly think of that bothered me.
Just a quick note- When I saw Mario's shoe when he confronted Ganon. I really thought we were about to see Metal Mario XD.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:31 pm 
Veteran

Well first, I guess I'm a cynical a**hole. xD I'm seriously sorry. Nice to make a joke at our expense though.

I have to say this was a great ending. It really tied up all the loose ends.

I liked the explanation for how Mario was able to pull the sword. I smiled a little when I saw Kent.

The cinematography and editing: Great improvement. I caught a few things here and there, but nothing major. Some shots seemed out of focus (don't know if that was intentional, but whatever) and an editing thing that is hard for me to describe.

I loved the fights in this. Major props to Gavin with his special effects. I'll do what I never said I do, but Gavin...you are awesome. I saw the frames were a little off when they were put on top of the shot though. :l

I cried a little to see this end, but it's almost a signal. The series started when I entered school and is ending as I leave. My childhood is ending. The series is ending.

9.9/10 =P

To all the RMA studios, I thank you for these years. If it weren't for your series, I wouldn't have met the wonderful people I have. Thank you.

Last edited by TheInsanityProd on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:33 pm 
Newcomer

All I can say is...fitting finale to an amazing series Rich. ;DD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

10/10