The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 75
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
To be honest, I'm simply left speechless. This was WAY better than I had expected it to be, and no, I didn't expect it to be bad or anything. In my opinion, this episode is the best one yet, and will always be since there won't be a next. And, even though I really want the series to continue, that I don't want it to stop... I think it's best to stop now, when the series is at it's best, so we will all (or at least I will) remember it as the great series it was. I wish you the best of luck for your further career, and really hope that someday, somewhere in the future, I go see a movie in a cinema which is created by you, and I honestly believe that eventually, that day will come.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am 
Landsman

There is one question, and I just have to know Richie:

Did you plan to have Kent show up the entire time? Or was it a last minute "OMG HE'S IN TOWN WE CAN DO SOMETHING" something? I'm just curious. Like I said, I was SO. HAPPY. to see him, and I thought the way he was used was perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
Was anyone else reminded of Merlin's battle with Morgana when One Winged Angel started up?

Last edited by Space Hunter M on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 pm 
Creator

llfranc09 wrote:
There is one question, and I just have to know Richie:

Did you plan to have Kent show up the entire time? Or was it a last minute "OMG HE'S IN TOWN WE CAN DO SOMETHING" something? I'm just curious. Like I said, I was SO. HAPPY. to see him, and I thought the way he was used was perfect.

Kent was in town for a total of about one hour. I had been arranging this with him for some time. His scene was filmed in december like most of the season. The person that came back in may was actually doug, and i was able to extend the scene between him and wario and clear up some continuity things. Otherwise that scene would have ended after the cereal joke and we would not have seen waluigi until the Montague scene.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:18 pm 
Newcomer

Space Hunter M wrote:

Was anyone else reminded of Merlin's battle with Morgana when One Winged Angel started up?

That would be me.
I already posted my opinion somewhere, but I'll say it again; I loved the prologue that reiterated the prologue of the entire series. I love how the two series' Richie created aren't two anymore, but one long, 5000 year-old, tale. I've watched the episode 3 times now. I love it so much. Damn you Decious and Darkness for making me nearly shed a tear at the end of the fight. "Maybe not, but at least I'll die knowing that I finally killed you." was a sentence that caused that tear to commence. Captain Morgan and Zarbookey (ZUBASHI!) did wonderful. Pirate Crunch was what I figured all along that would wake up the Captain. Wario and Waluigi staring at the camera made me laugh really hard every time thanks to Richie's constant explanations, haha. Luigi and Bowser's fight were well done, but I was expecting a longer, Luigi's Mansion-type, fight. Ah well. Finally, from Ganon to the End was wonderful. Could you put up that 'Game Over' song by Mercedes Ave on your channel? I really like it. And send me some of that Lon Lon Milk while you're at it. Overall, 10/10. Excellent cinematography, excellent LordGavin effects, excellent music, excellent fights, excellent acting, excellent directing, excellent show. To think, there wasn't even a Stupid Mario Brothers when I subscribed. Director of the Decade right here, folks.

As evil as The Darkness is, the end of its life really gets to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 pm 
Newcomer

Richalvarez wrote:
Otherwise that scene would have ended after the cereal joke and we would not have seen waluigi until the Montague scene.

Richie, you mean Montage? Jeez, I was Googlin' for a second what the hell you could've put in that was similar to Romeo and Juliet. Jeez.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:36 pm 
Newcomer

In all honesty, Episode 75 was incredible. Without a doubt it is the best episode in the series. I had been disappointed by most of Season 5. It had been built up to be this ultimate war that was non-stop and completely epic. Episodes 61-64 were like this. 65-74 were filled with unnecessary bad comedy that felt out of place, constant buildup to Decious, Zubashi, and Gangles' ninja attack, and a lot of filler. There were some cool fights, but they weren't too memorable. I was also concerned with the new added scenes. I was afraid that the episode would be a large cluster of the final battle and random scenes. But it wasn't. The episode cleared up most continuity errors and delivered on all of Richie's promises. My only three complaints with the episode is that I wish Mario and Ganon's fight could've been a little longer and Snake and Naomi's romance felt strange, random, awkward, and out of place. Also, I wish there was a better way to wrap up Zubashi and Gangles' story. They just went to a movie and that's it? Come on Richie. Maybe he's saving them for a Mario skit idk. That's it. I'm gonna miss SMB.
- Fan de el Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm 
Newcomer

This is now one of my favorite episodes and put season 5 in my top 3 seasons of Stupid Mario Brothers. This episode had everything, comedy, drama and action. We finally got to see the history of Nox Decious which I thought was a nice idea to add to the episode. Darkness versus Decious was my favorite fight this episode. Pirates versus Ninjas has got to be the funniest fight in Stupid Mario Bros. I never thought you would give the pirates powers like that. I never played many Zelda games, but what you did for the Master Sword makes sense. I don't see how even Zelda fans can be mad at the reasoning. I the final fight between Mario and Ganadorf was my second favorite serious fight this episode. I thought it was going to be ruined by the use of actual swords instead of beam swords like the Darkness versus Link fight in the movie. And lastly, the ending, I don't you could have ended it any better. I thought you were going to have Mario go find Dawn from season 4. I'm happier with this ending though, Mario leaving to go back to the Mushroom Kingdom brings the series full circle. And the after credits scene was a funny reference to The Avengers. Thank you for such a great series Richie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 am 
Newcomer

This was really a very very good episode, and a worthy finale for the series. I liked pretty much everything about it, so i will not go into detail with that. However, there is one thing which confuses me and gives a bitter aftertaste.
Spoiler:
Darkness vs. Decious

The fight itself was very good and tragic, but there is one thing which bothers me. What happened to the "Time stop" ability from the darkness? He could easily stop anyone except Ganondorf...and now it is gone? I know that the spirit of Mario affects him more and more, but did he really lose that power thanks to that? I mean, with it he could have killed Decious without even breaking a sweat, and he had survived too.

Maybe it is like that to make the whole battle longer and dramatic, but i think it is very strange to just leave that out. I also have the feeling that he got much weaker, since he and Decious where pretty much equal in strength. It is not that i did not like the battle at all but...it just confuses me like that.

Thank you for any answer and this magnificent series!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 am 
Creator

Talan wrote:
This was really a very very good episode, and a worthy finale for the series. I liked pretty much everything about it, so i will not go into detail with that. However, there is one thing which confuses me and gives a bitter aftertaste.
Spoiler:
Darkness vs. Decious

The fight itself was very good and tragic, but there is one thing which bothers me. What happened to the "Time stop" ability from the darkness? He could easily stop anyone except Ganondorf...and now it is gone? I know that the spirit of Mario affects him more and more, but did he really lose that power thanks to that? I mean, with it he could have killed Decious without even breaking a sweat, and he had survived too.

Maybe it is like that to make the whole battle longer and dramatic, but i think it is very strange to just leave that out. I also have the feeling that he got much weaker, since he and Decious where pretty much equal in strength. It is not that i did not like the battle at all but...it just confuses me like that.

Thank you for any answer and this magnificent series!

I explained this in another post about this power.

Basically Darkness has the ability to temporarily stun a person or people. But it only works when the person or people do not suspect it. Since Nox Decious saw him do this already, it will not work again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Alright, I found myself re watching Episode 75 so I'll give you a full on scene by scene. This'll take a while...

I'm glad you finally found a place in the series to put the Merlin and Nox prequel to the series. I know you've been talking about this batch of scenes for a while (History of Nox Decious, Merlin giving the Mario Bros their hats, etc.) I was just surprised by the amount you did. You had the fight of the mages (pun accidental), you named most of the Nether Emblems (The Ronfeir Dragon and The Ancient Cross), you included Nox's music, their role was established as a lineage of protectors that have roots in ancient history, Nox creating The Darkness, Baby Mario Bros, all of it! XD I just got this, I hope it was on purpose "What do you want to do now, Merlin?"

The music was phenomenal. Merlin makes a great Mentor for Mario and the two have really stemmed away from each other. Richie nearly seamlessly pulls off the split in personalities. Luigi and Wario are reunited and do some planning. "There is still one more loose end I must fix." Wait, you tie up loose ends. You fix problems. Wario squeaked one more fart in there. Or did he squeak one out?

The Pirate Crunch scene everyone saw coming a mile away but what can I say I found it funny. Captain Morgan eating the cereal makes me crack up. I also enjoyed the continuation of the joke with Waluigi. That was a Waluigi coma joke done right.

:O Waluigi's the returning character! He and Wario have this long and touching scene which does everything. It repairs continuity, it breaks the fourth wall, and it's their last big scene together. You even went on to retcon things I thought were long forgotten like Mario's excesive bleeding in Episode 44. Say what?" I wonder how many times this line has been said in the series, cause I know this is at least the 3rd time. It's a touching conversation about romances and then a big hug! "You're so welcome, my friend." aawww.... It is a 7 minute scene. That's longer than some episodes.

Pirates VS Ninjas. If season 1 had a large enough cast this would have been in there. This is a funny fight like Episode 5 or 15 and yet it's pivotal to the plot, in a way. The pulsing pirate music makes Wario and Ness' scene work... somehow. I suppose the offscreen battle has something to do with that. Same for Ness, Brock, and Gary. I feel like that bit would have annoyed me if the surrounding action wasn't there. And I love how this whole episode is like one big cereal commercial. XD at the one ninja with a lightsaber. Captain Morgan is hysterical, he should have split Zubashi's screen time in the rest of the season. "Wow, I'm impressed!" Me too.

Wario VS Decious. I did not see that coming, I don't think anyone did. Decious has some great close ups and they have some excellent banter. "Can I use credit?" Just Fight! BOOM! Well done.

Luigi and Bowser face off. I like the fact that their fight comes later but I feel some of the face off footage was excessive. XD for Wario and Snake in the same bed. Naomi and Mona look good together... in the same scene. Yeah.

Decious VS Darkness. Creator VS Creation. "I never had this much fun in my life!" The music is a bit... mismatch in the beginning but toward the end it fits perfectly. "You weren't running away, are you?" Oh nose the grammar popos! The fight choreography was fresh unlike Ep 44 act Act II Part 6. Those two fight rough! On the ground just tearing each other apart! Darkness looses his cool finally right before it's too late and Decious meets his equal. I had a feeling they would both kill the other but that doesn't make the fight any less satisfying. Also satisfying was Darkness' departure. He went from a great villain to a great character. I enjoyed his story.

Bowser VS Luigi was probably the weaker fight of the finale. I thought Bowser's fire should of had a better sound effect. But actually, this fight showed more than one character's power VS another's. Even though Luigi was weaker than Bowser he was more cunning and clever using Bowser's fire against him. I was hoping Bowser wouldn't be killed off, it just wouldn't be like Luigi and the Mshroom Kingdom needs some fishpoop threat.

Merlin sacrifices his spirit to Mario, a brave sacrifice. Darkness felt a little out of place in this scene especially considering he had such a satisfying death but hey, what the hey. and KEEEEENNNNNNTTTT! Glad you could have him even if it was so brief. But it all makes sense now, the prophecy of reincarnation and everything! Wow, that loose end was fixed. Triforce: Wisdom, Power, Courage aka Merlin, Darkness, and Link. Now that's good stuff.

Return to Pirates VS Ninjas. Down to just the named ones. It was at this point I realized how Sparrow like Morgan was. I honestly expected his Super Burning Hot Lava Rum Breath to work. Zubashi and Gangles' reaction to him drinking was funny.

I was not expecting the Mario costume change. And it was totally cool! As Waluigi would say, he is a "total bad ass". + Master Sword makes him one of the coolest costumes in the series! Ganon killing Merlin was an interesting development. It showed a different side of Merlin and Nox also after they were gone. Ganon felt a little out of character in that bit. He was never portrayed as a cruel merciless killer. Kinda... Palpatiney. Their sword fight was good, I was surprised especially since your earlier hesitance with using the master sword in action. The music had the right orchestral power to it unlike some of the other fights. "It won't be me who's dying tonight." Gsnon dies with all the class he can muster and Mario goes home.

Back inside, "Do I make stupid noises when I sleep too?" Then Snake and Naomi make out hardcore! Woot! The first actual kissing in the series! Mario and Luigi have a fantastic warm reunion. Also the first time those two hug I believe. Goodbye handshakes, hello brotherly love!

I was not expecting the cover at the end. I was expecting a bunch of scenes like at the end of the movie but this was much better. You expressed everyone going their separate ways without words which was poetic in itself. I lost it when DK married Pauline. I was glad I didn't see that coming. I expected to see Pauline again but on this level, so good. Ness goes off on his own, which actually I really like. Funny how it wasn't until the end that I realized how much I liked his character. Yoshi... eats apples. I think it would have been better to have something like I dunno, he goes to an orchard tree, takes an apple from it, eats it and hugs the tree. Waluigi leaves to find Walgina. He leaves Wario's life in the same manner that he came. So poetic. Wario and Mona walk off into the sunset.

Mario and Luigi now mustachioed share a few simple words and then Richie thanks his audience for giving him the best 5 years of his life. Then he and Chris walk off into the distance.

As I said before, it was a good end to the series. I always wanted to make a spinoff when the series ended but you didn't leave any loose ends that need to be fixed. Everyone went onto their next adventure, it would be unfair to bring them back together. The Avengers ending made me nod in approval, you would do that. It was a perfect ending to a great series. 10/10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 pm 
Newcomer

Wow. Just. Wow. Adam, excellent review. That was beautifully typed. :D Go get yourself an ice cream sandwich.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:15 pm 
Commentator

I wish I could give you something new, unfortunatly, everyone before me has said what I wanted to say. This episode was THE BEST, Richie! (You and Chris should have been in the 1993 Super Mario Bros. Movie! I'm sure it would have been loads and loads better than what it is now!)
I actually wish I could place episode 1 and 75 next to each other and show audience: "Look! Richie started like this...And ended like this!".

Now about MY personal thoughts about the series. There were a lot of things I didn't saw coming like Merlin saving Baby Mario and Baby Luigi and sending them to Yoshi's Island. The fight between Darkness and Decious was great and the two killing each other off at the same time was an excellent idea! And Kent's return was unexpected. Didn't see him coming. (I was more hoping for Ash, but I'm not sad about him not being in the episode!)
Kent did beautifully, as if he never left. And Matt's preformance as Ganondorf was brilliant. Pure evil and completly different from Wario and all the other characters Matt has played. The part about Ganon killing of Merlin was interesting, especially the shot in wich you see Decious' reaction to it. He really didn't expect this and still feels sad about losing Merlin. Brilliant!
I loved the ending sequence of each character with UPS singing over it, especially the one with Pauline and DK. The part where Mario thanked the audience was something where I realised: "This is not only Mario's message! This is Richie's message!". Besides, did I mention that from the moment you spoke I started thinking about Daniel Radcliffe's speech when Harry Potter ended. I felt the same way about it!

Richie, Stupid Mario Brothers is what gave me inspiration to do my own series. And I'm also working on some News Videos, again something I got from one of your videos. You convinced me to come outside dressed in weird clothes. (I remember some of my neighbor's reaction when he saw this weird group walking past!) I'm actually asked by people if they can be in my video and realise that this is the beginning of a career I wanna start as an actor and a director. One day, Richie, one day, I hope to run into you in Hollywood seeing you and telling you this entire thing over again, personally.

You are my inspiration, my idol.

I'm sure you're gonna succeed in making this Legend of Zelda trilogy, because you made something out of episode 75 I will always remember!

Yours truly

Tim Lemmens

WOW! I think this is my longest post I've ever created!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:20 pm 
Co-Creator

Read through all of the reviews. Enjoyed them all, but I have to say, I really enjoyed yours Adam. Thanks for taking the time to make such a detailed, scene-by-scene review of the episode. Also, thanks for administrating these forums over the years. You're a great guy!

(PS: That screenshot for forum banner is perfect!)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:57 pm 
Commentator

Been a looooong time since I've been on. And I won't break the ice by posting a massive, mind-numbingly dull review like I used to. I just wanted to say that I watched episode 75 and I liked the ending. It was everything we have all come to expect from StMB. Highfives and hugs all around.

^Thanks ML!^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next