The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 74
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:57 pm 
Co-Creator

Mario continues to train under Merlin, and reflects back on the past in order to win the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxNB2GhUtOk

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques and feedback are encouraged like always!

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 74
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 am 
Freelancer

Another random Waluigi moment!

It was awesome seeing flashbacks from the Movie Act II to show the rivalry suspense between Nox Decious and the Darkness, and of course an excuse to put Link in this Season by using his final appearance and the Limbo scene.

Brock and Gary are both awesomer in this Season! They're like the rivalry brothers who work together and stuff gets done!

I had a feeling Taco Bell would be a bad idea to have before battling. Zubashi and Gangles should have ate one or two rather than a whole bunch. But it makes it funny seeing Nox Decious not so impressed.

Luigi definitely is taking caution to avoid anyone dying. Chris acts Luigi out very good as his face shows he's nervous something will go wrong.

For the Darkness telling the General to return home to his wife and kids, you can tell that death to his former enemies that he has now aligned with is meaningless if they died. Once the Darkness confronts Nox Decious, it's pretty much Bowser, the Ninjas, and Ganondorf. I really liked the general even though the only thing he did is round the troops of the pirates and shoot down some ninjas. Kevin Chamberlain is an awesome guy as I know him through his YouTube channel KTChamberlain. I always wanted to see him with a more visible role where we can see his face instead of sweating under a Yoshi mask.

While the whole episode is suspenseful, Captain Morgan's music makes it epic! I love his theme!

Mario learning wizardry by sensing activities from a distance was pretty cool. A riot and children playing. For Mario to learn this stuff so quickly, it is pretty impressive. It's possible Mario might have a Star Wars moment seeing his friends are in danger.

I find it awesome that you filmed Wario in the middle of town since this Season did lack varieties of locations. It's not too familiar from what we've seen before so that's awesome. The Christmas decorations kind of ruins it unless the Season is meant to take place around Christmas 2011 (real reason because that was when the whole Season was being filmed.) I thought Wario probably saw Mona. Then I thought it was the Christmas banner. But then I saw the ninja before you pointed out "<--- Ninja."
So it takes a ninja on Ganondorf's side to convince Wario his friends need help. Kind of awkward, but whatever.

It wasn't until I made this review when I heard again about Ganondorf's plans. So he plans to emerge the real world with the Dark Realm, therefore killing everyone Wario loves and cares about.
Because of this, I hope the finale is an apocalyptical sequence, (nothing extreme) but where we see the Dark Realm roaming over our World. It will be awesome to see the finale knowing it is going to be the longest episode!

Thanks for answering my three questions in the Final Update video! Don't worry about saying my name wrong since 90% of people say it wrong anyway (Nit-sa 9-4.) I think you also rushed in saying Celes' name but it doesn't matter. It was cool having the three of us being mentioned in a video with those questions being answered that I'm sure everyone would want to know about. If the Finale is double or triple the length of a normal episode or it's more movie like, it will be an awesome Episode to watch!

Also the subscribe voice at the end was funny to make people shut up about "Where's Ash?" and all those other characters.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:19 am 
Freelancer

Only one word can describe the end of this ep. WOW.

Things just got serious. Ganon is crazy trying to merge the worlds. I also give bonus points for the ninja being well hidden in the background that an arrow has to point it out.

As for everything else. Mario's training scenes are doing particularly well. The flashbacks really help catch up fans and set the conflict.

I'm glad the General's back even if it's just to make an excuse for his absence The Darkness's actions here seem so well played. Also I totally forgot about Captain Morgan. It still cracks me up every time.

Waluigi's song also got me in stitches.

Wario's returning YAY. Gary and Brock are back to the real world. Ryu and Ken are out. Chris deserves special mention his acting as Luigi is flawless, he's looks so vulnerable in his current situation and but he tries to stay strong and Chris gets that right so well.

As for Zubashi and Gangles, well their obesity will backfire on them I suppose.

10/10 Ninjas in the far away background

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:52 am 
Novice

Wario is finally back. It's good to finally see him again, he's one of the more entertaining characters on the show, and his reasons for leaving weren't particularly convincing to begin with (My girlfriend broke up with me because she nearly got killed and it was somehow my fault, guess I'd better let Ganon kill everyone). I hope he has a real role to play in the finale and isn't just stuck fighting ninja or something.

We got a glimpse of Ganondorf's plan. It's good to see there's something Zelda-ish about it and it's not quite a generic take-over-the-world like Decious and the Darkness want, though I'm still not sure how his gratuitous handling of the villain ball is supposed to help him accomplish it.

Though I enjoyed seeing Wario again and hearing about Ganon's plan, I did think the handling of it was a bit awkward -A ninja shows up out of nowhere, just to gloat to Wario and galvanize him into returning? Did he not realize what Wario's reaction would be? Don't tell me this was all part of Ganondorf's plan, too!

Waluigi and Zubashi scenes were pointless as usual. I know Doug has a very limited amount of time available to work with you guys, but I still think you could have come up with something more compelling to do with him. Even having him get killed by Ganon or someone would have a more profound impact than spending the season in a coma again. Failing that, I think both the Waluigi narcolepsy and Zubashi goofing off "subplots" could have been handled in a scene or two each, we really don't need an update on them every single episode. It's one of the two biggest contributors to this season's pacing issues -The other being that we're at the series finale and the plot is only now starting to move forward.

I really think it would have been best for the Darkness to have stayed dead at the end of the movie, and (with the possible exception of OBS, where he was still technically dead) not come back again. Richie tried to justify this more "humane" version of him in your update video, and while he had a reasonable explanation for why he changed, it was still a change in the wrong direction. What originally made the Darkness so appealing to viewers was his chaotic nature, his craziness. That's something that has been lost in season 5, and without it, he's just another scheming villain (or worse, redeemable! The horror!).

Chris was awesome as Luigi. Even though he hasn't had a chance to do much, his scenes are always among the best. I hope he finally gets to start kicking ass in the finale.

Overall, not your best episode, but by no means a bad one. Can't wait for the finale.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:57 am 
Novice

Despite 3 - 4 lackluster episodes, this one redeemed them in a span of 9 minutes! I really enjoyed the penultimate episode of both the season and of the series!

Wario's return was a little overdue, but his scene with the ninja was fantastic. We are finally seeing a return to the better writing that took place earlier this season. I HAVE ONE QUESTION RICHIE!!!!! I've been asking it all season, but it hasn't been answered, but what is the name of the song that was used during Wario's talk with the Ninja? It was also used earlier this season in episode 61 after Mario and Decious' confrontation.

The flashbacks were really nice and helped clear up the Link issue for those who have not been paying attention. Although the second flashback w/ Decious and Darkness could have been shortened, but whatever, it's not a big deal.

Luigi has definitely shown the greatest character growth this season and liked the focus you have put on him these last few episodes. He was the highlight each of the episodes that I disliked.

I know you wanted to have a tremendous finale, but quite frankly I would have rather seen it divided into different episodes. Instead of having the random "filler" in 70/71 through 73, I would have much rather seen a little bit of epicness in each episode than have it dragged out and have it all in the end.

74 has definitely been the best of all the seventies episodes by FAR and I have no doubt that 75 will beat it. Also, the subscribe voice bit was great too. I'm sure you are very tired of hearing "Where's Ash?". Although I would actually like to know what happened to Otacon, he just straight up disappeared.

Overall 74 was a breath of fresh air after 3 - 4 somewhat dull episodes. Please answer my above question about the song! Can't wait for the Series Finale!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:45 am 
Newcomer

That was a great episode! I love it! Stupid Mario Bros. is my Favoriten show on Youtube! It is so fantastic!

I love these short scenes with Waluigi in the episode! I'm always surprised what he does before he falls asleep again!

I also like this flashbacks! They remind of the old times when my friends and I looked Stupid Mario Bros. The Movie!

And it's good to see that Wario is coming back! I really missed him because I like him.

I hope that the last episode of my favorite series is going to be very very long. I want to see a good final battle because I love all the other battles before!
(And sorry if I make mistakes in the texts! I'm not so good in English because I live in Europe, in Austria, and my English teacher is sooo bad! I don't learn much in his lessons)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 am 
Creator

GAHHH!! I Need Adams take on this episode RIGHT NOW!! lol

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:01 pm 
Intermediate

Richalvarez wrote:

Well geez, why? Adam's a "Yes-Man", he loves everything you do, Richie. ;P

Minding my trolling, I'm (again) saving my words on the episodes until after the season concludes (so they'll mean more and can be better constructed). I've noticed as well that whenever it comes to watching a video series, playing a video game, or reading a story, that I'm becoming more and more impatient with things ans simply want to quickly understand and enjoy it all at once, getting through what slow parts there are to get to the evolving climax(s). Maybe it's because of the way I am (I always just try and get sh*t done fast), but I'm just noticing it now in myself. In the same regards, I'm excited for the last episode, in that it will finally be the point in the series where all the stuff I had been wanting to see and find out will finally be focused upon.

As for this episode, it felt to me like a bit of a weak set up, but the growing drama and tension hasn't been there much at all to begin with during the progression of the "war". In that, I simply hope that episode 75 starts off with a "bang" and gets us right into the tension/drama/action, immersing the viewer in a sensation of involvement and "Serious Sh*t". Beyond that though, the scenes included were still fine and necessary. Perhaps they could've been acted stronger, but they worked and were still enjoyable to view.

Also, I don't know why, but I'm actually still finding Captain Morgan funny. I think it's only because of exactly how long this pirate's been asleep for and how he just happens to be tossed around between places of the house. I donno, maybe I was just losing my sanity after a late night staying up for the episode, but I just giggled for the heck of it. XD

Again, watch for my words sometime after the series end. I'll try and encompass all it's strength/weaknesses then.

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:03 pm 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:

I'll yell at him to put something up when I see him online, lol.

LordGavin wrote:
Again, watch for my words sometime after the series end. I'll try and encompass all it's strength/weaknesses then.

I'm planning on doing the same thing. (Once again, it's creepy how you keep coming up with the same ideas I have without intending it, since I don't believe you saw me say that in the other posts. Stop getting in my head Gavin!) I'll make a "What did you think of Season 5 overall?" thread to see what the forum thinks about this season next week.

This was not a bad episode at all. I really enjoyed it. While I did have one or two minor issues, which I don't think are necessary to bring up, I thought it was a very solid episode. Also, I have to say, the whole scene with Wario looked incredible. I loved the camera angles and it looked so damn cool. Seriously, that scene was awesome. I will fight anyone who says that scene looked off.

I'll give it a 4/5. This was a pretty nice penultimate episode, and I'm very excited to see the finale.

Now then, someone go yell at Adam to make a review.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:41 pm 
Landsman

Great episode! I LOL at Waluigi! XD Liked the flashback with Mario and Link.
Luigi has became a great leader.Wario is awesome! I look forward to seeing what happens next.It's sad though only one more episode.=( SMB has been great though! =D
10/10 for this episode!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:

Yeash sorry. I had 3 finals yesterday and now I'm studying for my last one. I saw it before this thread was posted (29th comment on the vid), I just need some Adam time!

If I were to draw a premature analogy I would say Episode 74 is to Episode 75 as Episode 45 was to the movie. It was really a continuity check set up. Here are most of the characters you need to worry about, we're tying up any loose ends, we're fluffing your pillw so you can enjoy what's about to come so much more.

Scene by Scene. Doug's classic. I love it when he just drops the accent and starts singing like back Episode 48. Good times. I'm gonna make sure that's a character trait on the wiki.

The Link flashbacks were well placed and properly handled. Like your last Season 5 update I assume this is so that those fish-brained fans know what happened to Link. Although I prefer the other filter on the flashbacks, the black and white is acceptable. Mario exceeding at wizardry was pretty cool. "I don't have time to fail." was definitely one of his better lines this season.

Brock, Gary, and Luigi was a really really... awkward scene. I felt like the two Pokemon guys were talking from within a really tiny box. They were just so.. smushed together. Luigi's sigh felt like he was half glad their conversation was over.

Zubashi and Gangles should of listened to me.
AdminAdam wrote:
"It's not healthy to kill pirates on an empty stomach." It's not healthy to go to Taco Bell either...

Poor incompetent fools. "It's gonna be a long ass day." XD No one could have said it better. I like how Chris' two characters are so opposed to each other in terms of swearing. Although Luigi's had a bit of a foul mouth this season.

I wasn't expecting to see more of Ken and Ryu. I thought they were just going to fall the same as DK and Yoshi. Pirates are their only allies and Captain Morgan's still asleep. Continuity: Check. Wait wasn't Ryu punched a thousand times in the abdomen? Why is his head wrappe- ah screw it. Continuity: -1. We get to see a lot of emotion out of Luigi, this season has a lot of his finer moments opposed to last which puts him in the background.

The Darkness too has a flashback to one of his finer moments: when he turned on his master. The Darkness's newfound humanity is now more reflective of Mario who is human? And it might not have been intentional but The Darkness on the Battlefield approximately where he first died has a appropriateness to it. Darkness discharging The General was a cool human moment. I wish we could have seen more of General but I think this is a really appropriate end to his character.

I love how you see Captain Morgan every time his name is dropped. He better be pivotal in the upcoming battle. Ah who am I kidding, of course he'll be.

Ninja spotting! Wario jumps a fence like a boss. One of the more thrilling scenes in the season thus far and an excellent way to reveal Ganon's Planon. That's an Eric ninja right? He looks good in this scene. Even if we only see his eyes. Really good close ups. Earlier Brock and Gary were essentially pressed against the camera in close shots. More chilling than it should be. "What's happening?" "Okay, here's Ganon's planon." This ninja is either more incompetent than Zubashi and Gangles combined or Ganon's planon is deeper than I thought. What will happen next?

Like I said earlier, it's a good lead up to what may just be the best episode ever. Here's hoping. 9.5/10 Oh What a nights!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:21 pm 
Newcomer

I have a prediction that Darkness will die in Episode 75, i also wondered when would General come back since we haven't seen since Episode 66. Wonder why Darkness sent him home

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:34 pm 
Veteran

I really liked this episode. It really connected the past episodes with this one. It had a good feel to it. The flashbacks helped with the mood.

The only thing that really bothered me was whoever zoomed in on the ninja. It just didn't seem smooth enough. May I suggest the next time something like that happens, take the same shot and cut to a shot that is closer?

The scene with Luigi, Gary and Brock seemed almost out of place with it all.

8/10 Great job! Don't expect me to give a 10/10. Nothing is perfect, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :)

This review was really short...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:39 pm 
Newcomer

This episode was good. I was beginning to wonder if we'd see Wario again. But he is back and that is all that matters.
I love Ganondorf's plan to merge the dark realm with the real world. Hopefully Ganon will describe what will take place once this happens (rather than everyone just dieing).
I don't think Richie would have added those Link scenes if he wasn't going to come back. I think we are all in for some big surprises next Monday!
I was disappointed to see the General go. For some reason I had been looking forward to the deaths of Zubashi, Master Gangles, and the General. This is probably because I just like to see how minor characters end up going.
And lastly, I hope the Darkness Vs. Decious battle is going to show off some new moves and effects. Nox Decious has always been my favorite character, and I hope Richie decides to make that: "History of Nox Decious" video he once talked about.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:04 pm 
Novice

Awesome second-to-last episode!

It's about time we see Wario again! :P And even though it's not how I pictured it, I still stand by my prediction that Wario will become evil somehow. It's been a long while, since Ep. 44, since we've seen a sinister, maniacal (in a bad way lol) Wario, and I'd like to see that side of him at least one more time. A Mario/Wario fight would be pretty epic!

I love, how others have said before, that Luigi has been thrust into a position he's not ready for. It gives him a huge challenge to tackle. However, he's learned a lot since he took on the role. He learns from his mistakes and tries to keep everyone safe. Chris just owns that role; no one else can play it like he can.

So, it's almost over. I've followed the series for a long time (since the beginning of "3"), and will keep watching afterwards. Hopefully the series finale will end the show with a bang!