The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 73
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:16 pm 
Co-Creator

Mario undergoes training from Merlin, while Luigi’s team slowly falls apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNKz0tEKVsw

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques and feedback are encouraged like always!

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 73
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm 
Novice

First of all, I would just like to say that despite what my posts may lead you to believe I really do enjoy your series, and wouldn't watch it if I didn't. However, as an artist myself, I feel that criticism helps you improve far more than praise does, which is why I tend to focus on the negative.

We're still dealing with the issue of Mario using the Master Sword. I don't think that's a good idea, the Master Sword is Link's and having someone else wield it trivializes Link and doesn't really fit with the established canon of the Zelda series. But there's not much that hasn't been said on that front yet, and this is more just a personal issue than a problem with your story, so whatever. On to the important stuff.

Okay, Waluigi is in a coma. Sometimes he wakes up and then passes out again. We get it. It was funny the first time, but there's only so many times you can play the same joke and have the audience still laugh at it. You were probably going for a running gag here but, since this joke doesn't change at all and isn't surprising when it comes back, it doesn't work as one. As soon as Waluigi appears on the screen you know what's going to happen, and the next however many seconds of the video is just a waste of time. This combined with the sometimes funny but almost always unnecessary Zubashi scenes just make it seem like you're padding out the episodes to make the plot stretch the entire season. The stuff we, to be blunt, actually care about gets one, maybe two scenes an episode. I feel like I could have skipped half of this and not missed anything important.

I also think the mook ninjas are a little too powerful. Ryu and Ken aren't exactly the most badass members of the team, but they're still competent fighters and having them be defeated so easily seems a bit contrived. With Yoshi and DK it was fine since Decious is one of the most powerful guys on the show, but not so much here. Isn't Decious supposed to have dozens of these guys? If the ninjas had swarmed Ryu and Ken it would have been fine, but to have them each defeated by one mook each without even getting a hit in is a little hard to believe.

Other than that, I thought this episode was decent, if not the best. I'm still not sure how Ganondorf knows everything (except apparently that Mario is going to get the Master Sword), but I still enjoyed his scene with Bowser, and the one between Luigi and Ness. Luigi has had the most believable character development this season, he's not a leader, but he's been forced into a leadership position and the stress is getting to him. I have to say, I'm looking forward to his fight with Bowser a lot more than Decious vs. Darkness, Mario vs. Ganon or the inevitable Darkness vs. good guys when he betrays them in an attempt to regain his former badassery. I also liked the scene with Mario and Merlin, even though I'm not thrilled about where that particular plot thread is going. I do think you need to explain what happened to Merlin better, but again, it's likely that will happen eventually, just not today due to his extremely limited screen time.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:43 pm 
Commentator

So, some more quick thoughts about the episode.

The Darkness is suddenly having second thoughts about taking over the world. Ok... I mean, he hasn't shown any other time of him leading towards that, but I suppose self reflection kind of counts... I guess.

Yeah, the Waluigi thing is really getting old now. I don't know if there is another one in 74, but i beg you, no more. It's not funny anymore.

Oh hey, Gangles and Zubashi standing around, goofing off, instead of either training ninjas or reporting back to Decious. Sigh... well at least they quickly corrected that.

Yeah, I'm not buying DK and Yoshi possibly dieing. It's way to obvious everyone is going to get magically better and everyone who left will come back for the final battle. It's just seems way to obvious.

Oh... Merlin is just communicating to Mario in his head. I guess that makes sense. So... is he alive? Where is he?

I see what you're getting at with coming up with an explanation for Mario wielding the master sword, with the whole improving the spirit thing, but I get the feeling that fans aren't going to be too pleased about that...

Bye Brock and Gary, the plot doesn't need you here anymore. We'll see you during the great heroes magically returning scene!

I'm not sure what Decious is waiting for. Are you waiting for the plot to catch up, or was this an excuse to have Zubashi and Gangles throw in a quick joke about wanting to go to Taco Bell. It would be nice to know what he's waiting for. After all, he did say to Zubashi a few episodes ago, after he said he was waiting for the right moment, that that's not good enough.

Hey! Ryu and Ken's scenes went... absolutely no where. It just had them wait around until the episode before the big battle so they could get knocked out for dramatic purposes so we could think they won't be around for the great hero return. This is why I wished the plot point brought up in the end of season 4 was used. An ambush after that would have made it much more dramatic when they got defeated, and you still could have used the same gags. I just don't care that they were defeated, since I haven't cared about their goof off scenes.

Yeah, I figured Ganon would know what Decious was up to. Seemed way too obvious. Although, if he doesn't know Merlin is helping Mario's spirit get stronger, I'll be shocked. Although, then again, I didn't see that coming either...

I am excited for the Bowser and Luigi fight. I loved their last fight, and Austin has done a great job as Bowser this season. This seems to me to be the only battle I'm truly excited for at the moment, since I'm disappointed with Decious and his crew/the Darkness's battle prep, and Mario's plot has disappointed me as well.

Episode 72 is still the strongest episode this season. This one was ok. I like your videos Rich, I really do, but there's a lot of issues that plague this season (with the exception being the first 5 episodes, which I thought were handled well.)

I'll give it a 2.5/5.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:48 pm 
Newcomer

Like most people, I was pretty upset with the Ken and Ryu Vs. Ninja fight. A few punches from the good guys couldn't have hurt right? However, unlike most people, I am okay with Mario using Link's sword (I'm not much of a legend of Zelda fan). What bothered me most- was the fact that Merlin didn't explain what happened to him ONE BIT. You would think Mario would have some questions. Whats funny is that Decious once mentioned that he would attack in 2 days! So either he was REALLY side-tracked, or these past episodes have all happened within the same days. Don't get me wrong, it is a good series. But it just needs some of the plot to be tweaked. I hope the last episodes make up for it.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 pm 
Creator

TheHiddenOne wrote:
So, some more quick thoughts about the episode.

The Darkness is suddenly having second thoughts about taking over the world. Ok... I mean, he hasn't shown any other time of him leading towards that, but I suppose self reflection kind of counts... I guess.

Yeah, the Waluigi thing is really getting old now. I don't know if there is another one in 74, but i beg you, no more. It's not funny anymore.

Oh hey, Gangles and Zubashi standing around, goofing off, instead of either training ninjas or reporting back to Decious. Sigh... well at least they quickly corrected that.

Yeah, I'm not buying DK and Yoshi possibly dieing. It's way to obvious everyone is going to get magically better and everyone who left will come back for the final battle. It's just seems way to obvious.

Oh... Merlin is just communicating to Mario in his head. I guess that makes sense. So... is he alive? Where is he?

I see what you're getting at with coming up with an explanation for Mario wielding the master sword, with the whole improving the spirit thing, but I get the feeling that fans aren't going to be too pleased about that...

Bye Brock and Gary, the plot doesn't need you here anymore. We'll see you during the great heroes magically returning scene!

I'm not sure what Decious is waiting for. Are you waiting for the plot to catch up, or was this an excuse to have Zubashi and Gangles throw in a quick joke about wanting to go to Taco Bell. It would be nice to know what he's waiting for. After all, he did say to Zubashi a few episodes ago, after he said he was waiting for the right moment, that that's not good enough.

Hey! Ryu and Ken's scenes went... absolutely no where. It just had them wait around until the episode before the big battle so they could get knocked out for dramatic purposes so we could think they won't be around for the great hero return. This is why I wished the plot point brought up in the end of season 4 was used. An ambush after that would have made it much more dramatic when they got defeated, and you still could have used the same gags. I just don't care that they were defeated, since I haven't cared about their goof off scenes.

Yeah, I figured Ganon would know what Decious was up to. Seemed way too obvious. Although, if he doesn't know Merlin is helping Mario's spirit get stronger, I'll be shocked. Although, then again, I didn't see that coming either...

I am excited for the Bowser and Luigi fight. I loved their last fight, and Austin has done a great job as Bowser this season. This seems to me to be the only battle I'm truly excited for at the moment, since I'm disappointed with Decious and his crew/the Darkness's battle prep, and Mario's plot has disappointed me as well.

Episode 72 is still the strongest episode this season. This one was ok. I like your videos Rich, I really do, but there's a lot of issues that plague this season (with the exception being the first 5 episodes, which I thought were handled well.)

I'll give it a 2.5/5.

At this point i'm really just trying to wrap up the series the way I think it should end. I've had a pretty good idea since the end of season 1 of where I wanted things to go, and ive been using those ideas. I think that if i could have made this season 10 episodes long, we could have had a really good, action packed, and suspenseful season. But i know everyone really wanted 15 episodes, so yes I added a bit of fluff, because my ideas were perfect, i didn't want to add anything so i just added some humor instead. the first 4 episodes this season represent about half of my ideas, the last episode represents the last half, and almost everything in between represents me trying to fill in the blank. I've done a pretty good job over the years of listening to fans, but for the last season I had a lot of my own ideas.

No, i don't care if i'm faithful or canon to Mario or zelda, since i never promised anyone i would be, and Nintendo certainly doesn't include my stuff in there canon. It's not like i've been paid by a hollywood studio to adapt these games as best as i could. This is just me taking these characters and making a new story with all of them. So what if Mario uses the master sword? These characters should have never met up in the first place. Stupid Mario brothers has become a separate entity that has its own attitude and its own storyline that has absolutely nothing to do with nintendo except that it was the original inspiration.

All I care about is ending the show the way it should end, and not let what happened or would happen in the games influence my version of the characters.

Chris might disagree with me, and he's welcome to as the producer, but that's just how i feel.

Also if you watch the season as a whole later on and not watch once a week, I doubt it will seem as draggy. Like I said before, i wrote it almost like a film, it really should be watched altogether. Maybe i'll make an abridged movie version later on that cuts out some of the un-needed stuff.

Anyway, now that i've properly defended the show, i'll say that i'll be glad to just move on to skits, interactives, and music videos. partially because there will be no expectations, and i can just do what i want without getting slammed for it. I loved making SMB, but i hated that everyone wanted it to be something it isn't, but whatever, I'll move on. I'll start by answering THO's comments directly.

1. After using so much power to restore himself (Transfering to a hat and then the power transer) The darkness CAN be killed. He knows it, and so should any keen audience member. He has done a lot of thinking waiting in the last 2 days (The time between 64 and 73). Ever since the movie it has been known that he wants Decious dead. That's all that really matters to him. He doesn't even know what his existence means, but perhapps he can find soloce in killing decious.

2. We got to film with doug for a total of 2 days in december, he goes to school and works full time in Oregon. So when he visits it's brief. We filmed his fight scene with blair on one day and his coma scenes on the second. Since his battle with blaire was pretty epic i'd say that's a pretty good close for his character. I'm just saying, i could cut out the rest of the coma scenes, but then its no more waluigi. I'll let you think about that.

3. As for Zubashi's first scene, I just wanted to wrap up what happened with the girls.

4. Dk and Yoshi are down for the count. I'm not saying that they'll live or die, i'm just saying they are done. I don't know what your expecting in the end, but there isn't going to be a big hero's vs villains fight, that was already in episode 64. I put it at the begining of the season so that the fights at the end could be more personal and emotional.

5. Merlin doesn't want to scare Mario with the past. But trust me we will know what happened to Merlin in the last episode when we have flashbacks galore!

6. As I said before, your going to have to get used to the idea that this show is "Inpsired By" Nintendo, and not "Adapted from" Nintendo. The fact that only Link can use the sword in Zelda games is irrelevant in this show. But I can promise that there is going to be much more than just "Improving the spirit".

7. We will see Brock and Gary again, but there's no hero's magically returning scene.

8. It's very simple, Decious was waiting for enough of the oposing force to dwindle down. Now that most of the hero's are down, its almost time. He can attack the darkness and his pirates without much help from luigi's group.

9. I'll admit now that i wish i had included the "Tamari" character to be used in Ken and Ryu's plot. In reflection i think it would have done more good than harm. But still, they were finally getting along after putting the past behind them, they were caught off guard by the newly trained ninja squad, and now there defeated. So ends there arc. They won't be coming back for the big hero's return because the big hero's return doesn't exsist.

10. As he said in a previous episode, Ganon fully expects Mario to fail at getting the sword and beg ganon to stop the fighting, in which Ganon will reply by killing him. Ganon did not predict that merlin would be able to communicate to Mario, and you'll see why come 75.

11. The Luigi vs Bowser fight will indeed be awesome. But don't be so sure about the other guys, The Darkness vs Decious fight I think is the coolest fight we've ever done, and it is by far the most personal, since the darkness was trapped inside decious for thousands of years, and despises him completly, Decious knows how much of a threat the darkness is, since he created him to be the strongest thing in exsistence. Trust me it will be glorious.

12. It's hard for me to believe you actually like my videos when you constantly put down anything that came out of my own mind and not from nintendo's stock of cliched plot devices. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt seeing as you've been a loyal follower for years. But it does hurt my feelings that people can't look past what they expect from a "Game" and see an "Original Show" that is "Inspired by games" and goes it's own way as far as character and plot development and doesn't constrain itself to the limitations of those games.

I'm quite used to my "Never satisfied" audience, it has made thing rather stressful, so i decided not to care this season and just do what i wanted. Chris and I Like where the show has gone and we hope in the end you'll see that for yourself.

Otherwise SMB will just go down as that show you used to like that you feel didn't end well. I really don't care if you don't like what i've done or not, i'm very satisfied with the ending. The good news is that its almost over, and you won't have to worry about whether i'm ruining your memories of video game playing or not. For those of you open to originally and going outside the box, thank you for not complaining about petty things like who rightfully gets to hold a sword, or what brock and Gary are actually like, or why there's humor in show with "Stupid" right in the title.

I could go on all day, but i'm pissed so i'm gonna go outside to let off some steam, then maybe i'll think about whether or not I even want to finish editing episode 74.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:32 pm 
Commentator

I just want to apologize for the last post I made. Unfortunately, I was not in the right state of mind when I made that, and for that I apologize. I went way too far with that last post, so you have every right to be pissed off.

For the record, and I didn't convey it correctly in the post, I had no issue with you trying to deviate from the game. I know other people are going to take that hard, but I didn't have an issue with that.

I understand you're trying to please everyone, even though that's been very difficult. For the record, I've never had an issue with comedy. I have been a fan of both the dramatic seasons and the comedic seasons. So I've never been against that.

I'll admit, again, I should be waiting until I see the whole season to start making these remarks. That's something I've said that I should have done, and I'm jumping the gun way too quickly on that. I apologize.

I suppose I am not judging SMB correctly, seeing as it is a different show than others, and you can only work with so much. As I've said before, the reason I've kept watching the videos is because I like how you and your friends put so much passion and energy into your videos. And I know you're trying your hardest to please both sides, while also working with the actors you have/budget you have.

So with that said, I'm going to try to keep a much more open mind about the final two episodes, (and give it a few days before I review.) I do look forward to see how this will rap up.

Once again, my apologies for acting like an ass. I don't expect you to accept this apology. Quite frankly, if I worked for awhile on something like this, I wouldn't either.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 pm 
Landsman

I have really enjoyed this season of SMB.The originally of SMB is what makes it awesome.
I really like your ideas Richie they make the storyline interesting and cool.I don't care what anybody thinks you have done a great job on season 5.Some people are just being too picky I actually liked the episode.I'm looking forward to seeing the fights. I have really enjoyed watching SMB I'm going to miss it.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:41 pm 
Fan Girl

Dude............ why is it that Mario and Luigi do not have a mustache!?
The horror!!

XD

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 am 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
I really liked the interaction between Mario and Merlin in this episode. I plan to go on a nonstop marathon of Stupid Mario Brothers once it ends. It would actually be pretty funny if there was a recap of every single installment at the beginning of Episode 75.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:34 am 
Novice

Poor Richie. Some friendly advice, one filmmaker to another. This is how EVERY SINGLE AUDIENCE MEMBER critiques tv shows. You have the fortune/misfortune of being more close and personal w/ your audience which most television series do not. Showrunners more often than not, NEVER read critiques of their show. Fans can ruin a show if listened to constantly. This is YOUR show and NOT theres. You don't need to defend it, if they have a problem, it's there opinion. I may have not enjoyed these last few episodes, but HEY, it isn't my show. Do what you want, ignore trolls and negativity. Focus on those who give constructive criticism. I to did a tv series that lasted 5 seasons (never put it on youtube, it was just for family and friends), not once did I take an audience suggestion, I did what I wanted. Critics can be cruel sometimes = bottom line. What you're facing on these forums is probably nothing compared to what the showrunners of LOST faced on their final season. Also it's your last season, "no one is gonna like it cuz when it's over your not gonna make anymore" ~That one guy who created SHIELD. I hope this gives you some encouragement. Finish it with what you think is best, not the fans.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:22 am 
Freelancer

Well then Richie, your words are wisest I've heard since you posted your thoughts on your cast. Good on you.

Now the episode.

Zubashi and Gangles: still funny but at least there's progress (and closure on the those girls)

Ken and Ryu: The fight between them and the ninjas was hilarious (bonus points for Ken continuing in the background.

Luigi and Ness: Man does Luigi get brought down here. I of course doubt you'd kill DK and Yoshi but it's still a serious take here.

Mario and Merlin: It's lovely to see Merlin back and I trust everything will get answered, the training plot here is a pretty good idea to help Mario get the sword.

Ganon: Wow Matt just makes the character his own, he's a master at lying and seems to know and anticipate everything (Except Merlin but like you said this will be visited)

Overall 10/10 attacking yourself

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:49 am 
Freelancer

I'm on a skype chatroom and trust me when I say, I try to defend you with some criticism whether if they do have a point or if they are whining like a child.

Wario was without a doubt the biggest developing character in the entire series. It's awesome seeing Luigi developing and for the fact he can't trust his own leadership. It sucks Yoshi and DK had to go down, but it increases the suspense for the finale that Ganondorf will win.

As for Ryu and Ken's scene, it's quite a turning point how they couldn't stop the ninjas before that one ninja knocked out Ryu and hypnotized Ken. I find it funny how we see kids and adults in the background like nothing is happening.

I'm interested to see the fates of Zubashi and Gangles.

I don't mind the constant Waluigi waking up moment, because for one second you think he's going to finally get back into the fight, and once he falls asleep, an old joke comes back which doesn't hurt much. Some annoyance can be funny or otherwise the Annoying Orange wouldn't be popular.

The Bower vs. Luigi fight should be epic, but on come viewers, look at the previous episodes in how powerful Darkness and Nox Decious is and their connection from the past. Their fight is without a doubt going to be awesome.

One thing about the Darkness changing, I doubt it's more like a "I'm going to be a good guy now" but more of a character development where his past moments of killing Mario's team is now meaningless. A lot of people criticize the dark and evil species as an evil character but don't be such a racist! (Supernatural Season 3 reference between Sam and Ruby.) A human can be the most evilest person ever while a demon could be the world's only demonic hero that saves humanity against its own kind. I may be going overboard with the example.

Just because Merlin said Mario's training will enable him to pull out the Master Sword doesn't mean Mario will be the one to pull it out or the one to defeat Ganondorf.

There's still two episode left for crying out loud! If it's a Season Finale, there's always disappointment but it's what builds up to a better ending. Once you realize every disappointing turning point that has been made, it was all to lead to the ending.

I'm creating a show myself and I'm going through Season 1's filming stages. A Season is not made as they go on from the beginning, to the mid points, to the end, a Season has its own storyline that is thought of from the beginning before episodes are even created. The creators must think of how its going to begin, it's major plot points and turning points in the story, and how it will end. Once you have those elements you improve it overtime. Decide if the final episode will be continuing the events of a future Season or concluding the whole story, which in this case, Episode 75 will be the final episode and story of Stupid Mario Brothers. Mario's team is failing, and that has been the biggest improvement throughout the show. They're going to be close to failing until the last moment, the world is saved and the pain the villains leave behind will be permanent. The Season itself is the main part of the story while the episodes are like chapters in a book containing their own story. But episodes are not thought of until the major points from how it will be introduced to how it will conclude are set. Once set, they plan the amount of episodes that will be created (in this case 15 as the previous ones were.) They set the introduction to the premiere with its own storyline as Episode 2 continues the events but with its own storyline. Once the major points are planted in their appropriate spot, episodes are created that build up the the major points and elements created to form into where the finale is going. Disappointment may be the downhill side of the show, but if the creators know what they are doing and where they are heading, the Season will be a success no matter what.

I can understand that the series isn't going the way people wanted it to go, but the one who creates the Season can only make it better since he knows the major points and how it will conclude. If some random criticizing fan were to take it over, they would screw it up because they don't know the elements that were created before episodes were storyboarded.

If you think Richie's cast having no time to film is a disappointment, it happens in every TV show. I have faith in Richie's work and that he will end it the right way. It's impossible to know how it will end. Disappointment are elements that improve a Season if it leads to the Finale's storyline, not tear the show down. You can say I might have blind faith in the guy, but I know Richie has the plan made weeks before Christmas Break and the episodes were thought of neatly.

Go the way you had set it up to go Richard. People only criticize it because they know nothing on where you're leading it to. Not even me.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:54 am 
Commentator

Forgive me for being overly critical of all this arguing Richie but Stupid Mario Brothers has always meant something special to us the fans. Therefore I believe in part that the fans do in fact have reason to be upset about certain things regarding the series we have come to know and love.

Im sorry I need to play the devils advocate here but it must be done for now. If you choose not to listen to my words I will not be overly hurt as you yourself have your own opinions regarding the matter and I respect as such. Still I find it important to get it out from a fans perspective just why fans are truly so upset right now.

True it is not our place to be overly critical of something that is not our own but is it not that way with ANY fandom? Stupid Mario brothers in a sense is no different then something like Star Wars, Harry Potter, or even Twilight in the fact that fans who follow it will always have their own opinion of how it should end.

I know you and Chris are both fans of certain franchises yourself (Harry Potter being one of them) and as such I expect that you can relate to not being satisfied with the way something is going/ending. It can be trying and sometimes even infuriating to a fan to suddenly have a series turn into something you never expected.

The reason we are called "fans" is because we all are here because we admire your series for doing what it does. At some point in time we managed to fall in love with the series and as such we had our own ideas/thoughts on how the series would go on. After about 3 seasons we also had our own expectations about how the series would end. Thus you can see where we are coming from in our own critiques.

I can understand your frustration. After all this is your series and your choice to end, but please dont be upset with us if we begin to long for things to go a bit differently. Its just the way that being a fan works.

I ask you Richie to look at things from our perspective for a minute. True we may not be satisfied with the way things end...but does that make us any less fans then we were in the beginning?

There will always be a sense of love for certain aspects of the series we will never forget. Years from now we may come back to it and look back on our own errors(as fans) and then decide that we were wrong to judge the series so quickly.

Truth be told I have always believed in this series. It is a great thing to see a team of guys such as yours come out of nowhere and have as much sucess as you have had. Its really encouraging to know that there is always a possibility that such a thing can be accomplished through the value of good hard work.

We the fans respect you Richie and respect your decisions on how to end the series. You are a wonderful writer and we will continue to support you as you go for your goals in the near future. So go ahead and do what you will :)

That being said I would like to point out that our criticisms again are not all off base. Again it comes down to our expectations of the series beforehand. It wont be pretty for all of us but in the end we will all have to suck it up and move on.

Please dont criticize us for our own feelings. That can be a huge blow to a fan as often times we look up to and admire someone such as you. Would you like it if one of your sports legends suddenly came up to you and insulted you to your face?

That being said again I write this all from the perspective of us the fans. I know indeed where you are coming from Richie as I am a writer myself and to have someone suddenly give such harsh critique can be a low blow. We are NOT the writer. We do NOT make the decisions nor SHOULD we.

Just do what you want Rich. Also dont forget the support we still have for you. Youre an awesome writer Richalvarez and we will never forget this series for what it was. (Once it ends that is) Hope to keep following you in the future! Keep us updated

-Your fans

P.s. Im still Matts #1 fan :P

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:00 am 
Creator

I would like to apologize to THO. I was being too harsh on you. My anger was overkill because i had just read every complaint on youtube and expected to find praise on the forums and found your post.

I'm sensitive to criticism, everyone knows that. And the continuing criticism for season 5 has really been getting to me.

After we filmed season 5, I thought that i had just made the perfect season, that everyone would be unified in this thinking, and that for once people would say i was ready to move on as i had perfected the show and couldn't do anything more to it.

Perhaps I was naive? I don't know. I unleashed all my anger at you Hidden one, and that was way unfair of me. My anger was directed at all the trolls. Not saying you are a troll, since your complaints are backed up with facts.

I never thought people would find Zubashi and gangles to be a waste of time, I thought people would find them great additions and funny. I didn't think people would care that Mario is using the sword, as long as i included Hyrule, Ganon, and other Zelda lore.

Overall i think the season is good. But mostly I am sorry that I was a Jerk. Fans are allowed to speak their minds.

Thanks to everyone for their words of kindness.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I just read all of the posts that were just being made, and... Yeah. For the review, there isn't much left to say. For Richie, though... Just remember that there's NO way to please everyone 24/7. Do what you think is right, make what you want to make. Fans will most likely find something they don't 100% agree with, but I think fans should be able to be okay with it. It's your show, not theirs. Personally, I am a little disappointed with that Mario will wield the sword, like a lot of fans. But it's not the end of the world, and there are more good things than bad things. I love Wario's, Luigi's and the Darkness' character development for example. I'm looking forwards to the final battles, and I'm wondering how you're going to wrap things up. It's unfortunate the series have to end, but every good thing comes to an end, though I'm looking forward to any other vids you may make.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.