The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return


It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:45 am 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
Mario searches for Link, while Luigi deals with a scattered team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jdA_fXQkTw

Let me know what you think, also let me answer your questions ahead of time. Click "show" to see what I said.

Spoiler:
1. Mario was in disbelief when he was told by Ganon that Link was in the Dark Realm, But when Talon told him, he knew it for a certainty that Link was gone. Any confusion is because of my acting i'm afraid lol. Or my lines in 63 , Instead of "You monster" I should of said "You Liar". I wish i could change it now, but I can't, oh well lol.

2. I admit that have not played Skyward sword, and i didn't enjoy Twilight princess as much as some. My Heart belongs to the 90's. And My interpretation of link and his mythos is inspired by "A Link to the past" and "Ocarina of Time" PLUS my own vision for THIS show. So to me "FI" does not exsist, there is only the master sword that presents itself to whoever the hero of time is at the moment. I'm not expecting to please everyone with the way we are ending the show, But it is a great ending.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:22 am 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:47 pm
Posts: 62
Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
Loved this one. This episode really sets up the turning point for the season. It had an almost Season Three-esque feel. Richie as Talon made perfect sense and cracked me up. We also get some interesting interaction between Decious and Bowser.

I would give it a free lunch at Taco Bell.

_________________
Image
"It's been too long, Old Maaan!" - Morgana, The Revenge of Morgana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 7
Perfect episode! :)
I love the scenes with Waluigi! He's so funny!
But I still miss Wario. I can't believe that he's gone.

Richie as Talon: Great! I like Talon. He is a funny guy in the Legend of Zelda and Richie has played him very good. :D

But now... The countdown is on. The last 4 episodes of Stupid Mario Bros. Can't believe it! :,(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:04 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:53 pm
Posts: 2
i really liked this episode it was definatly a good one the only thing that i a mad about is not because of the episode but because i cant get to to answer me on youtube my user name is evannmnichols and i really want you to talk to me so yeah good episode though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:39 pm 
Offline
Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 1986
Location: The Mushroom kingdom
evann19 wrote:
i really liked this episode it was definatly a good one the only thing that i a mad about is not because of the episode but because i cant get to to answer me on youtube my user name is evannmnichols and i really want you to talk to me so yeah good episode though


It's easier for me to answer on here since it's not super crowded, what was your question?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm 
Offline
Fan Girl
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1185
Location: Bron-Yr-Aur
This was cool!
Nice job :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:54 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 908
Location: In the Recesses of My Mind
I figured you were going the "A Link to the Past" route when it was said it resurfaced in the Lost Woods. A Link to the Past is my favorite game in the Zelda series. I've played it, since I was age three.

I have only one concern, as a huge Zelda fan, and as someone who has played A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, only LINK can remove the Master Sword from the pedestal and use it.

I just want for Link to come out of the Dark Realm at this point, because if they pull the Master Sword and have the ability to use it, you just destroyed a huge value of the Zelda series. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the next episode.

I usually will talk about other parts, but this, THIS, was a huge deal to me.

The cinematography and editing was decent.

I just have one note from filmmaker to filmmaker: The moment you think you are amazing and you can't get any better at what you do, is the moment when progress stops and you stop having the ability to improve your skills. Always being critical of yourself and what you have done in the past is important. Never be prideful and self absorbed, that is a huge value. It is why many directors end up not being able to make as good movies in the future. I hope to see your skills become more honed overtime. I hope to hone my own skills more as well.

6.5/10

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:11 pm 
Offline
Co-Creator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:14 pm
Posts: 480
Location: The Mushroom Kingdom
TheInsanityProd wrote:
I figured you were going the "A Link to the Past" route when it was said it resurfaced in the Lost Woods. A Link to the Past is my favorite game in the Zelda series. I've played it, since I was age three.

I have only one concern, as a huge Zelda fan, and as someone who has played A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, only LINK can remove the Master Sword from the pedestal and use it.

I just want for Link to come out of the Dark Realm at this point, because if they pull the Master Sword and have the ability to use it, you just destroyed a huge value of the Zelda series. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the next episode.

I usually will talk about other parts, but this, THIS, was a huge deal to me.

The cinematography and editing was decent.

I just have one note from filmmaker to filmmaker: The moment you think you are amazing and you can't get any better at what you do, is the moment when progress stops and you stop having the ability to improve your skills. Always being critical of yourself and what you have done in the past is important. Never be prideful and self absorbed, that is a huge value. It is why many directors end up not being able to make as good movies in the future. I hope to see your skills become more honed overtime. I hope to hone my own skills more as well.

6.5/10


Thanks for the nice review!

I've been so busy that I rarely have time to reply to people here, but I have been reading ALL of the reviews for each episode, and I really wanted to reply to your post.

Anyway, I wanted to assure you that Richie and I are HUGE Zelda fans. We did a ton of research on Zelda mythos before writing Season 5, and made sure we were as close to cannon as possible. I don't want to give away any spoliers, but be assured that we won't break any rules of the Zelda universe. (At least, none of the Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past rules.) If there was grey area, we at least kept the spirit of the rule. Hope that helps!

Also, thanks for the bit of advice about film making. We're always very self-conscious about our videos, and we're constantly trying to improve ourselves. Hopefully, this will prevent our egos from ever getting the best of us!

Thanks again for the critique!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 pm 
Offline
Freelancer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:13 am
Posts: 2092
Location: Vancouver
Richie is perfect to play Talon for one main reason. Talon is like Mario in the Zelda games where Ingo is a lookalike to Luigi. I find it funny how he was sleeping considering it's what Talon did a lot in Ocarina of Time and a cucco had to be used to wake him up. Too bad the classic line wasn't in the script "WHAT IN TARNATION!"

Amazing how Ganon thinks ahead. Even if Pauline did kill Mona, Wario would still have the same ending, leaving the group depressed and angry.

With Link in the dark realm, who knows if Mario with Master Sword will be enough to defeat Ganondorf. My guess is maybe Mario might have to do three trails before obtaining the Master Sword. It could be possible, but it's got to be more than the sword that can defeat Ganon, but also the wielder.


It's was a good episode, despite the fact it was probably the second shortest in this Season.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 56
This episode was solid overall. The writing has improved so much over the course of the series and it's gone from being centered around just Mario and Luigi to a large ensemble cast. Things of improvement: 1. Please fix the echo. It's been in a few episodes and thought that it might be my computer, but saw other comments about it on youtube. Not sure what it is, but it happened several times in this episode. 2. I know this is an internet series and they have to be short, but I'd really like to see some stories get wrapped up a bit sooner. Such as, the Hyrule trip. It seems a little (LITTLE) dragged out and could've been the plot in just one episode instead of showing one scene from it each week.


Last edited by 35thpresident on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 am 
Offline
Freelancer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:06 am
Posts: 2338
Location: The Digital World Riding a Lightcycle
I'll admit this episode was impressive. Some progress on Luigi's part with DK and Yoshi, Ganon is smarter than he seems... It's all falling into place.

Talon certainly surprised me. But it was a nice idea to bring in a character like him. Waluigi's sleep is the funniest parts. Wonder how that American Idol dream looked.

Brock WITH HIS EYES OPEN. I hope Austin ad libbed that because that make the episode so much better.

Anyways 10/10 Ninjas watching Tintin

_________________
Being Meta since 2010.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:37 am 
Offline
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:15 am
Posts: 63
I'm afraid I really don't follow the plot of season 5. If Ganon is invincible to everything but the Master Sword, why does he need some convoluted plan to break up Mario and co? Why not just personally annihilate every one of the heroes while they can't do anything about it? All his scheming has done is give Mario time to find the weapon that can actually hurt him, and allowed Luigi and the others to pick off his underlings one by one, and this is supposed to be according to plan? Why bring them back in the first place if they're just there to be killed off? The only one who's actually accomplished anything was Pauline, and we all know that's not going to stick anyway.

I realize you're not professional writers and you make this series in your free time, and I really do enjoy the characters, the action and the humor. But lately, it seems the plot has just become an excuse to justify wouldn't-it-be-cool-if fights. The story is retconned repeatedly and plot threads are dropped. Link is resurrected at the end of the movie and then sealed away the second he becomes relevant again. Why didn't you just leave him dead, or else recast him? Villains have died and come back so much you've started lampshading it yourself, and are forced to come up with a thinly-veiled excuse for them to remain dead this time (they've displeased Ganon). You have a good story at the core, but it's being held together by duct tape.

I've been watching this show since early season 3 and I'll keep watching it until it's over, but honestly, I think you're right about it being time for it to end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 am 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm
Posts: 23
Location: CA
lol well to the message aboveee... every1 is entitled to therre own opinion buttttttt! this story thing is amazing and yeaa lol so im glad yuhh had fun writing ur novel of a comment but u dont know what ur talking about and everything in the story is great and ur incorrect so have a good night :)

_________________
I Beez in the trap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:44 am 
Offline
Freelancer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:06 am
Posts: 2338
Location: The Digital World Riding a Lightcycle
harvey wrote:
lol well to the message aboveee... every1 is entitled to therre own opinion buttttttt! this story thing is amazing and yeaa lol so im glad yuhh had fun writing ur novel of a comment but u dont know what ur talking about and everything in the story is great and ur incorrect so have a good night :)

Umm I can't dignify anything with a response to this but I will anyway.

You just contradicted your first statement on everyone having an opinion by saying he's incorrect and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Although I do agree on Sothe's points. But hopefully the crew took notice and made sure to fix any problems. This is the last season.

_________________
Being Meta since 2010.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:51 am 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm
Posts: 23
Location: CA
JRPictures wrote:
harvey wrote:
lol well to the message aboveee... every1 is entitled to therre own opinion buttttttt! this story thing is amazing and yeaa lol so im glad yuhh had fun writing ur novel of a comment but u dont know what ur talking about and everything in the story is great and ur incorrect so have a good night :)

Umm I can't dignify anything with a response to this but I will anyway.

You just contradicted your first statement on everyone having an opinion by saying he's incorrect and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Although I do agree on Sothe's points. But hopefully the crew took notice and made sure to fix any problems. This is the last season.


lol him being incorrect is my opinion therefore you are incorrect lol but anyways... idc lol

_________________
I Beez in the trap.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
suspicion-preferred