The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 71
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:53 am 
Freelancer

Why do I even bother with fans like you...?

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:16 pm 
Newcomer

JRPictures wrote:

cuz u secretly luvv mehh :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:40 pm 
Freelancer

I don't even know who you are. My god are you people annoying.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:10 pm 
Landsman

Pretty good episode! I still hope we get to see Link though.
I'm really interested in seeing what happens next!
I say 10/10 Very well done episode!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:42 pm 
Newcomer

harvey wrote:
JRPictures wrote:

cuz u secretly luvv mehh :)

I remember when I was this much of a forum noob before they were called Trolls. Not like anything's changed in over five years but whatever.

Anyway, I feel like while the story is making more sense, it is also making...less sense. My only concern is how we're going to see the Link gap filled in. Like many other users and fans stated before, if Mario is to be the new wielder of the Master Sword, the Legend of Zelda's lore is ruined almost entirely. I can see the actor for Ken coming in as Link as well, seeing as he also does acting for Link on the Machinima skits.

Since I can't wrap my mind around this episode, but I had to laugh at the jokes, my best rating has to be a 7/10

Hopefully, 72 will fill in the gaps. I am still sensing a movie. I will NOT shake that theory.

Come for the action, stay for the story!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm 
Commentator

Hey, I'm sure my guts are hated for coming back after saying I was going to leave. I don't blame you guys for thinking that.

Anyway, I've seen the new episodes that have come out up until now, and while I'm going to wait until the end of the season to put all my comments about the season down, I have a few questions about the episode.

1. I know you guys explained why what Pauline did went according to Ganon's plan, (and that explains Vherestorm's actions going according to Ganon's plan as well, since that would take out Snake.), I'm curious about Scott, since he was specifically mentioned during Ganon's speech unlike Vherestorm. What exactly did Scott do that went along with Ganon's plans? He didn't kill/injure anyone or cause anyone to leave indirectly like Pauline did. Is that something that's going to be covered later, or am I missing something?

2. Is Mario aware that only Link can remove the Master Sword from it's pedestal (assuming we're going by this rule since you mentioned you're going by OoT/LttP specifically) and will just try to come up with a plan once he finds it, or is he unaware of this rule? Just curious since you explained the misunderstanding about why Mario asked where link was even though Ganon told him.

That's all I have to say now, I want to do a full season review since we're this far in the season anyway. I do have to applaud you guys for working so hard on this show for awhile now, and trying to give the fans a good ending to the series. Too many people on the internet (for the few series I see that have an ongoing storyline) abandon their story without proper closure, so you have my respect for doing this and working hard to make sure it's good, as well as coming back here to talk to the fans about it.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:49 pm 
Creator

TheHiddenOne wrote:
Hey, I'm sure my guts are hated for coming back after saying I was going to leave. I don't blame you guys for thinking that.

Anyway, I've seen the new episodes that have come out up until now, and while I'm going to wait until the end of the season to put all my comments about the season down, I have a few questions about the episode.

1. I know you guys explained why what Pauline did went according to Ganon's plan, (and that explains Vherestorm's actions going according to Ganon's plan as well, since that would take out Snake.), I'm curious about Scott, since he was specifically mentioned during Ganon's speech unlike Vherestorm. What exactly did Scott do that went along with Ganon's plans? He didn't kill/injure anyone or cause anyone to leave indirectly like Pauline did. Is that something that's going to be covered later, or am I missing something?

2. Is Mario aware that only Link can remove the Master Sword from it's pedestal (assuming we're going by this rule since you mentioned you're going by OoT/LttP specifically) and will just try to come up with a plan once he finds it, or is he unaware of this rule? Just curious since you explained the misunderstanding about why Mario asked where link was even though Ganon told him.

That's all I have to say now, I want to do a full season review since we're this far in the season anyway. I do have to applaud you guys for working so hard on this show for awhile now, and trying to give the fans a good ending to the series. Too many people on the internet (for the few series I see that have an ongoing storyline) abandon their story without proper closure, so you have my respect for doing this and working hard to make sure it's good, as well as coming back here to talk to the fans about it.

1. Pauline served a specific purpose, Vherestorm took out snake and could have possibly taken out others, but he didn't need vherestorm to do that, vherestorm did that against orders, the only one ganon wanted gone was wario, since he knew mario would leave, and he doesn't believe Luigi can do anything. Scott thought he was more important then he was. His only real purpose was to further scare off the mario bros by having one more familiar antagonist.

2. I hate to talk about this because i feel no matter how I talk about it its going to give something away. I will say just watch the rest of the season, and then think about the reason WHY Link is the only one who can pull it out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:00 pm 
Novice

Refer to my previous post for my thoughts on improvement. Now that the show is almost over I'd like to start seeing some stuff from Season's Past. I just watched a documentary called 'Crafting A Final Season' in which showrunners talked about making the final season of a show a museum of seasons past (visiting places you haven't been in awhile, a character saying an old catchphrase, etc.) Just something to keep in mind. BTW, I will be going to film school in California next year and sent you guys a private message about wanting to help you out with a project potentially (I mention it here because I imagine you get a lot of clutter in your mail on the RMA page on facebook). Overall the episode was well done!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 am 
Creator

35thpresident wrote:
Refer to my previous post for my thoughts on improvement. Now that the show is almost over I'd like to start seeing some stuff from Season's Past. I just watched a documentary called 'Crafting A Final Season' in which showrunners talked about making the final season of a show a museum of seasons past (visiting places you haven't been in awhile, a character saying an old catchphrase, etc.) Just something to keep in mind. BTW, I will be going to film school in California next year and sent you guys a private message about wanting to help you out with a project potentially (I mention it here because I imagine you get a lot of clutter in your mail on the RMA page on facebook). Overall the episode was well done!

Well since we already filmed everything in december i can't really add anything in. But i did think we did a good job of pulling things from past seasons with inclusions such as Kamek, Scott masterson, Oak, Decious, familiar locations like bowser's lair, multiple main scenario's happening at once, and much more to come.

Where are you going to film school?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 am 
Novice

Richalvarez wrote:
35thpresident wrote:

Well since we already filmed everything in december i can't really add anything in. But i did think we did a good job of pulling things from past seasons with inclusions such as Kamek, Scott masterson, Oak, Decious, familiar locations like bowser's lair, multiple main scenario's happening at once, and much more to come.

Where are you going to film school?

I will be going to film school at Biola University - School of Cinema and Media Arts. It's about 25 Min. from LA.

Last edited by 35thpresident on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:11 pm 
Newcomer

Some people seem to be wondering why Ganon doesn't just attack everyone now (because he is invincible) I was thinking and I think I know why he doesn't. (Like Decious in season 2) Ganon can't be killed, but he CAN be weakened. He probably wants to be at his strongest in order to stop Mario when he returns with the sword. This is just a guess. But it makes sense to me...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

I had a midterm earlier this week so I haven't been able to sit down and write a review, but seeing how Chris and Richie are all over this thread, why not write one now?

So yeah, the usual scene by scene. Luigi reading Waluigi A Christmas Carol was good for a laugh. Why does everyone insist on reading bedtime stories to Waluigi while he's in a coma? I find the concept quite amusing. When talking about the American Idol dream I was expecting Luigi to say "What a strange dream, Simon isn't even on American Idol anymore!" Those two have an interesting chemistry.

I feel like I've seen Ken and Ryu's scene before. Perhaps it's hearkening back to Snake and Otacon... or Mario and Luigi... or Wario and Waluigi... or Ash and Brock... heck, most duos on the show interact with each other in this same manner. The hafta-be-serious guy and the wanna-have-fun guy. I've just heard this same conversation over and over before, and probably again next episode when they try to play a game or something and Ryu will take it way too seriously.

I'm kinda sick of Zubashi and Gangles. This bit was possibly the most obvious filler the ninjas have had. I didn't chuckle (maybe a little at the Mission Impossible bit) but it's just so obviously Richie writing in his opinions on some movies out nowadays. It's a cheap laugh and like almost every Zubashi/Gangles scene, it doesn't accomplish anything. These two characters keep jumping from lovable villains to just plain annoying. I mean the whole premise behind this bit was "I'm bored, what do ya wanna do?" which I can't say how many conversations throughout StMB begin with this premise. "What do you want to do now, Mario?" "What should we do now?" "What are we gonna do?" I feel like that's an overasked question and the characters should start doing something. Zubashi and Gangles have been in that one blue lit spot talking about their army and looking at the camera for the better part of the last 6 episodes. I feel like the build up for this upcoming battle is going to outweigh the battle itself and all this ninja filler will hurt the season as a whole.

Bowser and Nox have probably the best scene in the episode. I was counting on Bowser just reluctantly going along with Nox but him standing up to Ganon's Plannin really shows a whole new side to him. Austin has really settled into his role as King Koopa and I'm glad. Nox is always entertaining too.

Luigi giving Yoshi and DK something to do. That's good, they need something to do. Although sending two of your limited forces into hostile territory might not be the best idea in retrospect...

Now the villainous trio! "We were the only ones who mattered anyway." ... I suppose he's right! It was kinda funny to hear Ganon refer to Wario and towards Chris/Luigi/Nox nonetheless. I don't know of too too many series on YouTube that reuse actors excessively (myself included, perhaps a subconsciousness tribute?) but you guys are certainly probably the best at it. The second part of Ganon's Planon sounds like it'll involve the death of one of those two. I'd imagine Decious', that way "Shadow Scum" would be weakened allowing Ganon to kill him with ease. Just speculation though.

Speaking of limited actors... I'll excuse it because Richie was funny as Talon (and someone saying that Talon was like Mario in LoZ. Makes sense). Wait... is he sleeping standing? Is Talon a horse? Was he the horse they heard? I feel Gary and Brock were really really really secondary in this scene. Most of the conversation was Richie talking to himself while Brock just made faces. There's a lot of theorizing about Link not being in it and the Master Sword and LoZ Canon and Mario becoming the Hero of Time and Mario using the Master Sword to kill Ganon but I'm gonna keep my predictions to myself.

A whole lot of this episode felt like filler... ... actually minus some confirmations and conversations it was all filler. I give it 6.5/10 Imported sunflowers and hope for some action soon and less build up to action; however, that's what I think Episode 72 is exactly going to be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 am 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
I had a midterm earlier this week so I haven't been able to sit down and write a review, but seeing how Chris and Richie are all over this thread, why not write one now?

So yeah, the usual scene by scene. Luigi reading Waluigi A Christmas Carol was good for a laugh. Why does everyone insist on reading bedtime stories to Waluigi while he's in a coma? I find the concept quite amusing. When talking about the American Idol dream I was expecting Luigi to say "What a strange dream, Simon isn't even on American Idol anymore!" Those two have an interesting chemistry.

I feel like I've seen Ken and Ryu's scene before. Perhaps it's hearkening back to Snake and Otacon... or Mario and Luigi... or Wario and Waluigi... or Ash and Brock... heck, most duos on the show interact with each other in this same manner. The hafta-be-serious guy and the wanna-have-fun guy. I've just heard this same conversation over and over before, and probably again next episode when they try to play a game or something and Ryu will take it way too seriously.

I'm kinda sick of Zubashi and Gangles. This bit was possibly the most obvious filler the ninjas have had. I didn't chuckle (maybe a little at the Mission Impossible bit) but it's just so obviously Richie writing in his opinions on some movies out nowadays. It's a cheap laugh and like almost every Zubashi/Gangles scene, it doesn't accomplish anything. These two characters keep jumping from lovable villains to just plain annoying. I mean the whole premise behind this bit was "I'm bored, what do ya wanna do?" which I can't say how many conversations throughout StMB begin with this premise. "What do you want to do now, Mario?" "What should we do now?" "What are we gonna do?" I feel like that's an overasked question and the characters should start doing something. Zubashi and Gangles have been in that one blue lit spot talking about their army and looking at the camera for the better part of the last 6 episodes. I feel like the build up for this upcoming battle is going to outweigh the battle itself and all this ninja filler will hurt the season as a whole.

Bowser and Nox have probably the best scene in the episode. I was counting on Bowser just reluctantly going along with Nox but him standing up to Ganon's Plannin really shows a whole new side to him. Austin has really settled into his role as King Koopa and I'm glad. Nox is always entertaining too.

Luigi giving Yoshi and DK something to do. That's good, they need something to do. Although sending two of your limited forces into hostile territory might not be the best idea in retrospect...

Now the villainous trio! "We were the only ones who mattered anyway." ... I suppose he's right! It was kinda funny to hear Ganon refer to Wario and towards Chris/Luigi/Nox nonetheless. I don't know of too too many series on YouTube that reuse actors excessively (myself included, perhaps a subconsciousness tribute?) but you guys are certainly probably the best at it. The second part of Ganon's Planon sounds like it'll involve the death of one of those two. I'd imagine Decious', that way "Shadow Scum" would be weakened allowing Ganon to kill him with ease. Just speculation though.

Speaking of limited actors... I'll excuse it because Richie was funny as Talon (and someone saying that Talon was like Mario in LoZ. Makes sense). Wait... is he sleeping standing? Is Talon a horse? Was he the horse they heard? I feel Gary and Brock were really really really secondary in this scene. Most of the conversation was Richie talking to himself while Brock just made faces. There's a lot of theorizing about Link not being in it and the Master Sword and LoZ Canon and Mario becoming the Hero of Time and Mario using the Master Sword to kill Ganon but I'm gonna keep my predictions to myself.

A whole lot of this episode felt like filler... ... actually minus some confirmations and conversations it was all filler. I give it 6.5/10 Imported sunflowers and hope for some action soon and less build up to action; however, that's what I think Episode 72 is exactly going to be.

I feel like no one watching my show knows what the word "Filler" Means. Filler is when an episode of a show has a subject matter that is completely irrelevant and non-cohesive with the plot of what has been going on. I feel like a lot of you think Filler Means "No Fighting", which is completely wrong. Build up, and humor made by characters involved in what is going on is not filler. New things are revealed every episode, i don't consider any of season 5 filler.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am 
Novice

It's in Southern California, but I'd like to work with you guys on a project in some way, shape, or form if that's at all possible. Just let me know. If you would rather continue this conversation elsewhere we can always message on some form of private forum chat or something.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

I feel like no one watching my show knows what the word "Filler" Means. Filler is when an episode of a show has a subject matter that is completely irrelevant and non-cohesive with the plot of what has been going on. I feel like a lot of you think Filler Means "No Fighting", which is completely wrong. Build up, and humor made by characters involved in what is going on is not filler. New things are revealed every episode, i don't consider any of season 5 filler.

It depends on your definition of filler. Personally, I don't define filler as "no fighting". I define filler as time in a episode when nothing is accomplished that forwards the plot or the development of the characters and can be omitted from the episode without loosing anything. For example Episode 50 was a filler episode because it ended how it began with Snake at Mario's door demanding his money. The whole subplot of Wario and Luigi going to a high stakes poker? tourney had a laugh or two but it shows no other sides to the characters, introduces no new recurring characters, or anything. Ness learned Bananas won't give them their powers back. Completely and totaly skip-able.

Episode 71 had filler scenes. Most of what Zubashi and Gangles do is filler, it's like the episode has to be 8 minutes long so there's a scene of them in there that accomplished nothing. Most of the episode accomplished little so therefore I'm standing by my arguement that it's the closest thing to filler that we're gonna get this season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next