The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 70
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm 
Co-Creator

Mario journeys to Hyrule, while Luigi struggles to keep the team together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFz1IrOISSU

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques and feedback are encouraged like always!

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 70
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:51 pm 
Role Player

OH GOD THE FEELS!!!!! Why are all my Youtube subscriptions having incredibly sad moments?!?! D:

It was still a good episode :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

What a wonderful episode! Flawless! (I think...)

We start with Mario, Brock and Gary in Hyrule which is lampshaded as just another forest. Season 5: There is no fourth wall! I really liked the horse gag. It was one of the sound effects that totally worked and on my second viewing I noticed Brock took out a Pokeball thinking he heard a Pokemon XD!

Naomi and Snake was an interesting conversation as usual. Wario is always the perfect one to ruin it.

Back at HQ I'm glad there was some skepticism towards Waluigi's sudden return of powers. Continuity: Check! Oh no, the coma thing again. I can't believe they're writing Doug out already. "Not exactly" I lol'd. Temporary narcolepsy is like the funniest solution to Waluigi's limited role. Is it the best? Well let's laugh and not dwell on it. "Now you just look like an idiot." "You jerk- zzzzzzzzzzzz."

Ken and Ryu are getting The Darkness up to speed. Obvious Pirate Crunch foreshadowing. "We only have one day before the attack." When was a date set? Did they like find Decious' evil calender? And what happened to The General? Is he part of The Darkness' long term sceme? Actually I don't think the Mushroom Force knows about his existence. Hmmm... "Ooo I should of had them pick me up a bagel or something!" Richie needs to eat breakfast before writing his lines. Boooooo...

Mona and DK and Wario love triangle? Oh good. Just them breaking up. This was a little foreshadowed earlier but still sorta surprising. Wario punching DK did make me laugh though. Ness comforts Waluigi but Wario's leaving too?! I've been waiting quite a while to see serious Wario again and it was nice to. "Oh course you don't [understand]. How could you?" Well Luigi did presumable split up with Daisy. Although he never talks about it, he might understand. Bit rash eh Wario? He doesn't even mention Mona. So Wario discards his gloves and leaves (presumably) Luigi, Ness, DK, Yoshi, Ken, Ryu, and The Darkness to fight (Ganondorf) Nox Decious, Bowser, Zubashi, Gangles, and assorted ninjas alone.

The was probably the best episode in terms of drama. Neither Season 2 nor Operation Blindstorm could compare. The Soundtrack was very well done, a lot of rare classic tracks mixed with some fresh perfect ones. That is the battle everyone is getting ready for right? Vs Nox and Bowser. Although, I don't really see why The Darkness needs allies to take them on. He proved he was superior to everyone short of Ganon in Episode 64, why does he need help taking down anyone besides him? Oh well. Besides a few lingering questions it was without fault. 9.75/10 Strong as an Ox, Fast as a Fox-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 pm 
Newcomer

It was a good episode!
At first it looked like that this episode will be a funny episode.
But in the end I was crying!
Why Wario? Why he had to go?
I can understand! If you lose your girlfriend in this way, you....
But to give up everything isn't a solution!
Please! Bring Wario back! He is my favorite character in SMB!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 pm 
Newcomer

I loved how Waluigi was zoneing in and out of cionceceness( I dont knowhow to spell that) but why did Wario have to leave? Is Matt like going away or something like how Kent did?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:59 pm 
Novice

Great episode! What I think is happening to Wario is he may end up changing sides at the last moment. The break-up with Mona, him thinking he's screwing everything up for the team, the fact that he's the less popular one between him and Mario; all that inner turmoil is building up inside him, and now it's starting to show (punching DK, yelling at Luigi). I believe at this point, Ganondorf may notice this and play Wario's moment of weakness to his advantage, either possessing him or recruiting him onto his team. That's what I think.

Overall, 10/10 on the episode!

Post subject: MDNA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:12 pm 
Fan Girl

That guy that plays Wario is very good!

And he'll come back, don't worry, at least in pirate form :P

I hope Mario and Luigi get reunited soon...

I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 pm 
Freelancer

This just got serious..

This was really good even if it seems everything is falling apart. Why do I have a feeling that horse in Hyrule will be Epona.

Anyways another way to get rid of Waluigi.. You guys..

Man It only occurs to me how much Wario has been through. It all makes so much sense.

10/10 Bagels

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 pm 
Veteran

I kinda expected to see Snake alive. Heroes can't die, can they?

I was glad to see Shadow Mario, but he doesn't seem like the old character that he used to be. He's not dark at all.

All the females are whiny, such a big cliche. Whatever. -__-

The whole thing with Waluigi was amusing. Wario's reaction to what happened with Mona was predictable.

The editing was decent and the cinematography was iffy in parts.

7.5/10

I should probably be tougher with my ratings -_-'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm 
Freelancer

The suspense is getting stronger with the team breaking apart and Mario in another world for the first time in StMB history!

I somehow knew the forest was going to used since it's the filming location where Link was wondering around in Season 3 for months. I geeked out once I heard a horse whine! I hope that is Epona! Chris lives on a ranch with Richie next door, so finding a horse to play Epona shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Then again, they would need three horses since the horse might freak out for having three on its back at once with Brock and Gary acting like themselves. I can't wait to see more of Hyrule. Hopefully the filming locations are good and unlike the scenery to our world.

Snake alive again! Damn Naomi is probably the best doctor on the planet!

Mona breaking up from Wario. I was hoping for a moment they would break up, not because I hate them since they are a perfect couple but it would add a good flavor to the Season. Wario going to madness is perfect but I doubt he would go on Ganondorf's side. But it was definitely the best way to bring back the Wario we knew from Season 3 where he was a main villain. Although I say Mona was a selfish brat. Wario can't always be around her when they have a war to fight. Now it's only made the team worse. But it definitely makes this episode really good!

Waluigi falling unconscious and regaining consciousness over and over again has got to be a pain. I doubt it's a write off for Waluigi, it's probably a way for Doug to appear in the final episode while disappearing in a couple between now till the finale.

Since the team and the Darkness is working together, it makes you wonder what will become between them in the finale.

This episode was awesome and definitely shows suspense that the chances of them winning the war is less likely. All I can say is that I hope there's lot of production and action in the finale episode with a longer length in time compared to every episode.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 am 
Novice

I'm afraid I don't know what to say here.

Having conflict between the heroes is not a bad thing, but that conflict needs to be believable. Mona didn't seem particularly bothered by her brush with death when it first happened, but then Wario shows up and she's suddenly very angry... At him. Because apparently it was his fault that Pauline attacked her. So she shouts and him a bit and hurts his feelings... And apparently this is enough to make Wario decide the world isn't worth saving and walk out on the rest of the team. The events do not, from a narrative perspective, logically lead in to each other. It's just conflict for the sake of conflict.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 pm 
Landsman

It was a pretty good episode.A lot went on.
I'm interested in seeing what happens next,since Snake is out
,Waluigi is out for a while,and Wario is gone.
I say 10/10 I enjoyed this episode! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:16 pm 
Commentator

It is starting to look like the finial showdown is going to be just the Mario Brothers...fitting

(Although; I am having a sneaking suspicion that there is going to be a Big Damn Heroes moment)

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:48 am 
Newcomer

This was a pretty good episode. Though I'm not sure what's going to happen; I hope Matt's not leaving, though, he's been a staple in RMA Productions since 2008. If anything, he still plays Ganondorf, Captain Morgan and, I believe, himself, so we'll still be seeing him. I expect the theory I read in this thread regarding Ganondorf to play into Wario's heartbreak, though, so it'll all be good.

I found this episode, though, to go a little too fast, but then again, with the time constraint to work with, it's good timing. The writing was okay, like I said once before, Season 5 doesn't feel as strong as the other seasons, but maybe there's a reason for that. Richie has always been a good director, so maybe he has a reason for filming Season 5 the way he is.

Is there going to be a second movie?

Come for the action, stay for the story!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

Lady Juse wrote:
It is starting to look like the finial showdown is going to be just the Mario Brothers...fitting

(Although; I am having a sneaking suspicion that there is going to be a Big Damn Heroes moment)

I got that feeling too and not just because I'm addicted to TV Troupes.