The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 69
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:39 am 
Co-Creator

While Mario searches for the UPS man, Snake and the crew face off against Blaire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0GdAoQwjA

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques and feedback are encouraged like always!

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 69
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 am 
Freelancer

Waluigi's back Baby. Man that was Badass. Also surprised on Decious bringing Bowser in his plans.

SNAKE?, SNAKE! SNAAAAKKEE!!! Dead again wow.

Also props on UPS's backstory never thought any of us would see it coming.

Professor Oak he's smart but crazy but he gace the right idea. I wonder how Link comes back.

Anyways 10/10 lost football dreams

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 pm 
Veteran

I don't like how the episode started right into the fighting. It just didn't seem right. Maybe it would have been better if you opened with the last few lines of the last episode?

I loved the scene between Waluigi and Vherestorm. The cinematography and editing was good there.

I liked the little backstory of the UPS man.

I was getting my hopes up when Professor Oak mentioned they needed to find Link to defeat Ganon, but then he mentioned find the Master Sword. I don't see how that would work though since Link is the only one who can use it.

7.5/10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:28 pm 
Newcomer

LONG POST IS LONG but you can avoid the spoiler and read the summary if you want |D

Spoiler:
First off I thought the episode seemed short, even though it really wasn't. I'm not sure why, either too much happened or not enough. Hmm...

The view quality (not script or acting, just the picture itself) was a bit lower than usually. The screen was way dark and the audio was too quiet. It just felt far away.

As for the events in the episode.

The first thing I noticed is that the fight just comes OUT OF NOWHERE. Normally this would work, and it should in this case, but it's just *click* HOLY CRAP FIGHTING!!! I'm not sure how to explain this, especially since 68 explained everything that would happen up to this point. But for some reason, this particular fight doesn't really feel like first-second-of-the-video material. Iunno.
What happened to Snake's print-ID gun and bullet-proof vest? It seems wrong that he would go to a fight, knowing how dangerous it would be, and didn't have those two things. Also, shouldn't he have brought a second gun? Again, not something I can't explain too well, but we've seen before he had two guns.
The conversation between Snake and Vherestorm (probably spelled it wrong, lol) seemed kinda backwards. Most notably "Unlike you, I don't get to come back from the dead" and "I'm not interested in taking prisoners. And I'm wasting time." I feel it would work better if Snake's line came second, and then he said something else after that to make it fit the change. And let's talk about Snake's line real quick, just by itself. Hasn't Snake come back from the dead before? That particular one-on-one fight between Vherestorm and Snake just seemed wrong based on what we've already seen.
Vherestorm's "out of ammo" line seems forced, no emotion whatsoever. Even for a baddie, yes. As for Ken, we haven't seen a lot of him, so I don't think it was quite fair for him to have only delivered one hit and then KO'd after taking 4.

When Waluigi appears, he's already in front of Vherestorm, who hasn't even turned yet. In other words, he appears out of nowhere. Then the camera moves and he's a completely different distance from Vherestorm from only taking 3 steps. The last fireball Waluigi throws before Vherestorm runs away would have hit him, or at least affected him. We've seen it happen in the earlier seasons so much, it just seems wrong to watch Vherestorm not be affected by such a close hit.

What was with that really weird fireball (or I'm assuming it's a fireball) Waluigi threw? The really dark one? After that Waluigi throws away his saber, what if he needs it again? And did Ken just disappear?

I loved UPS' backstory, but how would he have delivered Peach wayyyyyyyyyyback earlier in the series (remember that gigantic box?) with a broken arm? Yeah, broken bones heal, but he could've become a football player again if he wanted to, for that same reason. But I think I enjoyed that he had a backstory too much to think about it the first time. Waiting for a FedEx backstory, which will most likely never come... And how did UPS know Brock wanted the Flashdrive back?

I loved the Oak scene. I have nothing bad to say about that. MARIO WITH A BEARD!

6.5-ish/10 Not the worst episode ever, but for season 5, this isn't the best, either. Things from previous seasons/episodes were forgotten when this script was written that could've made the episode a lot more interesting. However, a villain (and possibly 2 heroes) dying charges it up a bit. Waluigi has been in a coma so long I've forgotten how awesome he was, but I think it was over-done. I mean, we just saw him lifting banana-dumbbells. And, again, that weird fireball... It's also great to see some comedy in this episode, too. I wish Steve would make me some tea... And the concept of Mario going to Hyrule to find Link. Omaigawd Link is coming back (most likely) !!! I wonder what Richie's Hyrule will be like? Will we see some new characters as well?

These weeks are starting to feel like years... But maybe that's because I have no life.

And just for the heck of saying it. Steve was a name already used earlier in the series (season 3). He was hired to kill Wario, when Link had the fire flower. :3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

What an episode!

The fight in the beginning was short and sweet. As I said for Episode 61 I really liked the multilevel battles when there's someone fighting in the background. Blair seemed a little too cocky last episode but now I can. He was obviously the strongest of the Trifecta (He just defeated Ken and Snake who defeated Liquid. The three of them took out Mario and he wasn't doing that bad until the Darkness stopped him). "Thanks for the gun." Finally a villain that doesn't hesitate. He wasn't a bad villain after all.

And then OMG. OMG. Waluigi is such a badass (which is now uncensored thanks to him). If I ever had to justify why he's my favorite it would be just this scene. Everything he says is quotable. "Well now we have and I would like to keep the meeting brief." OOOOHHHHHHH! After chasing Blair a bit with fireballs he then runs after him to finish him once and for all, yet he still fights fair. "Get up." Then he fights dirty and makes some souped up fireball and blasts Blair in the face. Beamsword out and here comes the oneliner! "You picked the wrong day to be an asshole." SOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOSSSSSSS. "It can and it is." He says so much in so few words. Then like a boss he just discards his beamsword and strolls away. "Goodbye, Mr. Vherestorm. It was nice meeting you." AND a Post Mortem one liner?! DUUUUUUDDDDDEEEEEEE.

Then we have Mario, Gary, and Brock looking in San Fransisco for the UPS man. I actually didn't think they would but they totally did film on location (although I expected to see Mario looking a bit but oh well). Then we have a really surprisingly touching scene at the Stadium between Brock and UPS. I am so glad Richie gave him a back story and a semi-relevant strong one at that. Bravo.

Kamek and Bowser have a little talk. I'm glad we got to see some more Kamek, I was hoping form more than a flashback cameo which is great. Maybe there will be more than just this.

Nox, Zubashi, and Gangles are really becomming the figurehead evil guys. We haven't seen Ganon in a few episodes but the ninjas keep popping up. I'm glad someone's keeping score although Nox doesn't seem to notice only the evil trio remains and instead of going after the heroes they're facing the Darkness. Oh well. "Maybe he forgot to eat breakfast?" ... ... ... Booooo!

Oak was hilarious as usual. I loved the Steeve/ Tea joke. "Growing a beard here..." XD OMG Brock has eyes at 7:25! Lengthy explanation... okay it's very simple: Link. Ooooo now this interests me and the mystery is interesting too. Are they going to find Link? Are they actually going to go to Hyrule that's 12 blocks from the mushroom kingdom? Is Link dead as Ganon claims?

I really hope that Link was not killed and then resurrected. Actually wait a second... if he looks differently every time he was resurrected then that could easily be a way of them writing off Eric replacing Kent as Link. Hopefully that's not the case. The reason why I hope Link wasn't killed off screen and the reborn on screen would have made his reappearance in the Movie Act II totally pointless. Oh no! Link was killed! Oh, Link has found peace in the afterlife. Oh, Merlin brought Link back to like! Oh no, Ganon killed Link off screen! Yay Link has been born again! See what I mean? Although my Eric as Link theory seems pretty strong now. But hey, the return of Link may also herald the appearance of Dark Link, but unlikely.

A great episode because what was predictable was unpredictable epic and what wasn't predictable was enjoyable. 9.5/10 No Wario and Luigi yet still great!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:16 pm 
Freelancer

This episode really is interesting, entertaining, and the elements put into it makes you hope the next episodes get better.

The fight was awesome! Blair is definitely a badass villain since he took Snake's gun. Snake got killed, and Waluigi turns up to finish off Blair. I like how we don't know who's going to face that certain villain until it happens. DK against Scott seemed obvious. Pauline going after Mona and stopped by DK seemed to be well done with the right characters. As for Waluigi finishing off Blaire, it's like a random Molly finishing off Bellatrix in a way. A character you wouldn't expect but it turns out to be an awesome idea!

Interesting seeing more on how the other villains are forming their plan to bring Mario and his team down.

That was AWESOME how you filmed on location with the talk between Brock and UPS. The UPS' backstory was quite sad to hear and it definitely explains why he rivals against FedEx. It would have been awesome if UPS made it into the NFL. Brock was definitely the right person to find UPS and get the flashdrive. If it was Gary, I would have hated Gary throughout the rest of this Season!

"Growing a bread here!" That was random but hilarious!

If they actually create a sequence where they go into the country of Hyrule, that would make the show's first time showing an alternate mortal world (since they did show a post-mortem sequence in the Movie Act II.) Heck it would be cool to see a glimps of the Mushroom Kingdom in the Finale!

If we do see Link again, chances are he may look different or might be acted by Eric. But then again, he may never make an appearance. If Kent's still on his mission, there's no way we'll see the old Link we know and love.

Awesome episode! It definitely makes us wish 7 days will pass. The elements of Season 5 are awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 pm 
Landsman

Great episode.Poor Snake though. :(
Waluigi kicked butt in this episode.He owned Blair.
I liked the UPS guy's backstory.
I got excited when they said Link.
But got kind of disappointed when Professor Oak said go look for the Master Sword.
I say 10/10 for this episode!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 pm 
Intermediate

I'm dying to know what the song is that plays throughout the fight with Blaire. I finally was able to encounter Nightwish's Ghost Love Score (Played throughout a ton of the series, including the season 2 opening) and now there is another song I need to know

The Darkness is conspicuously absent again...
Spoiler:
Did the Darkness jump into Waluigi?

I don't think I have anything else to say on the episode. That song is bugging me. It reminds me of Nier, but I've listened to that soundtrack front and back. Grr!

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 pm 
Fan Girl

Yeah, it was alright.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:50 am 
Newcomer

I really hope Snake isn't dead... again. I didn't mind Blaire using a gun but, doesn't he still have his own powers or did he lose them somehow? Still a good episode. Hope Kent is Link if/when he comes back.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:45 am 
Newcomer

matt wasnt in the episode! :O i was sad. only thing that was missing to make the episode perfect.