The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 61
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:27 pm 
Creator

After a long 9 month wait, Season 5 of SMB is finally here. Mario and the gang embark on their last big adventure.

I would like to personally thank everyone here on these forums for the support you’ve given us over the years. I know it’s been a while since I’ve been active here, but I still greatly admire the dedication of this community. Season 5 is for you guys. It’s our big send off for the series. I hope you all enjoy it!

Stupid Mario Brothers – Episode 61:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1s9LI3qmfQ

Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback. I’m eager to hear your thoughts on the premiere.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 61
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:11 pm 
Intermediate

I've watched through only one minute so far. I'll edit this with full comments later, but all I can say at this time is...

let it be pirates, let it be pirates, let it be pirates...

Running commentary as I watch (and pause) the episode
@2:00 FF6 Battle theme Remix? How delicious!
@3:20 "I made myself taller". Actor change? Maaaaayybe
@5:33 I thought Luigi was against swearing. I was expecting him to yell at the specific villain in that scene for swearing (For anyone who is THAT picky about spoilers...)
@8:20 BWAHAHAHAH! Well hidden indeed.
And 20 seconds after that...
@9:10 See the comment @5:33
@9:25 Ah

Final Comment: The deaths felt incredibly rushed, mainly because of the contrast between the comedic moments and the sudden killing of characters. That end piece could have definitely been drawn on for at least another 20 seconds. Now its "Okay, I'm here"---"Hey, you're not looking so well"---"You're right! I'm now dead".

Losing him that quickly at the end...it feels like there should have been a huge shock factor to go with it, but there just wasn't much shock. Instead of "Holy s*** he just died!", I felt more of a "Wait, he's dead?"

I won't discount the possibility that I've been de-sensitized by reading A Game of Thrones. We all know George RR Martin kills off characters so easily a dying character isn't shocking at all. With all the rumors I heard before reading it, I am actually surprised at how many "dead" characters aren't dead at all.

But back on topic: I am speculating that the death at the end was intended to be a large shock to the audience, and it just didn't feel that way. Beyond that minor detail, I enjoyed the episode greatly. Let it be pirates. Let it be pirates. Let it be pirates...

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

Last edited by plasticmanticor on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:39 pm 
Newcomer

Fantastic episode!
Haha gotta love Bowser getting taller.
And Snake?! nooo!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:02 pm 
Novice

I have to admit, it would be hilarious if they were indeed pirates, like plastic has said. I would love to see a pirate vs. ninja battle...Although I am biased more towards ninjas...

The battle with Mario, Wario, and Mona was probably the most intense, in my opinion. I also have to admit, my favorite was probably the Luigi, DK, and Ness battle, partly because of how Luigi confuses Bowser and the argument with Ness afterwards. I honestly don't know what to make of the Snake, Gary, and Brock battle. It seems that one was kind of a mix of both the funny and the serious.

I couldn't stop laughing at the scene after Mario said who he sent after Decious. I don't know why it struck me as so funny. Might be how obvious Yoshi was or the script for that scene. I don't know, it just struck me as funny.

No! Snake! As my sophomore year english teacher says, "Sadness and despair". It's most definitely sad to see him die, but I trust in Richie and everyone else that it was for a good reason and will all make sense in the end.

There was definitely a good job in filling things in...like how Bowser grew taller and where Snake was when everyone met back at the base.

Just one thing, are they going to check if Wario's saber still works? I remember Wario telling Mona in episode 60 that if Merlin was really gone forever, his saber wouldn't work anymore because of the saber's attachment to Merlin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:05 am 
Site Admin

What a way to start a season!

I loved ever minute of this episode. From Luigi VS Bowser to Snake VS Vercetti and my personal favorite Mario VS Decious. The beam sword choreographically was brief but not super brief like episode 31 and it was totally fresh. The accompanying cinematography and music just pumped the scene and the whole episode up a notch. And the writing has improved so much too! "How terrible for you!" So Awesome! There were so many subtle charms in the episode as well. "So Stupid..." Yoshi's bit, Decious' breath. I've never laughed so hard at DK before. And I loved once everyone got together too, I thought it would be a case of "It's my turn to say something!"

While the plot doesn't riddle me that much, and ignoring a few imperfections, I thought this episode was very enjoyable! 10/10 giant plants that try to eat you! I hope we get a few more fight scenes between now and Episode 74 though. You've used this format before: Fight in the beginning of the season and then no more until the climax. I see a few more on the horizon and I hope this season avoids the filler episode.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:32 am 
Novice

I did like this episode, but I think just posting "It was awesome!" isn't very constructive.

I'm still not sure if bringing back Decious and the Darkness was a good idea, as I feel it sort of cheapens the movie, and when characters return too often it makes it hard to picture anyone actually staying dead. I think you've realized this, since Snake lampshaded it with his line about people coming back from the dead for no reason.

I think I liked the original Bowser more. No offense to Austin, he just seemed to capture the spirit of Bowser better. Then again Bowser didn't do much in this episode so he could still improve, and I understand if you couldn't get the original actor back.

I also agree that Snake's death could have been done better. Having him be killed or wounded by one of the villains, or found dead, something like that. Instead we're going through standard toilet humor and then he suddenly drops dead. Bit much mood whiplash there.

Other than that, I thought it was great, and with the exception of Snake's death I don't think any of it really detracted from this episode. And Pirates > Ninjas, so I can see why the Darkness might want them on his side. :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:37 am 
Greenhorn

It's good to see Richie getting back into the action. I'm Snake isn't dead, not like that. He'll be back. Most of the character's deaths in this series are better than that. I hope Link comes back to finish off Ganon.

Excellent Job, RMA studios! 10/10

Don't look behind you. By the time you look around, you'll
be dead.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:59 am 
Freelancer

Good opening ep. Snake can't be dead he'll be brought back. Along with that it was all a lot of fun. (Especially seeing Matt in DK costume without mask behind Bowser when he calls the ninjas and shortly after having DK flip us off)

The balance of humor and seiousness worked fin for me.

10/10

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:28 am 
Freelancer

Great way to start the premiere of the Finale as it shows that it's been months since Mario told Luigi and Snake about the Darkness, Ganondorf, and Nox Decious.

Pretty awesome seeing Kevin with an open face rather than a guy sweating in a Yoshi costume. He may have been one of the pirates in Wario's StMB's Interactive Adventure, but Kevin definitely needed a bigger role. For him to appear a the second character to be shown, I can tell that we will learn about his character along the way whether if he's a main character or recurring character. Kevin is an awesome guy, has a pretty awesome channel and he has similar opinions when he did his History on Stupid Mario Brothers videos. It's also a lot better when he has insight being a crew and cast member on Richalvarez.

Out of the three fight scenes, the one with Mario, Mona, and Wario was the best for the suspense of the story. The fights between the ninjas was decent, the light saber fight was epic even though it was better short, and it's really cool seeing how Mona is getting more involved in the situation since she was outside of the group as a recurring character in Season 4.
The one with Luigi and Bowser was just funny. Not enough to make me laugh but to put a smile on my face. Luigi showing that Bowser worries more about power than keeping the kingdom is good shape. Then of course Luigi moving from the swearing police to the violence police. One thing that could have been cropped in the editing program was when we see Matt as DK to the far left when Bowser's ninjas come in.
As for Snake, Brock, and Gary's fight, it was funny yet weakly filmed. Although Brock and Gary's was perfect since they are meant to be funny with their consent frienemy fights.
After Vercetti (hope I'm spelling that name right) dies for the second time, it still had that epic weak dying fall from his first death in Season 4. But it makes sense if Ganondorf is able to resurrect Mario's old rivals from the previous episodes. Just like Snake's opinion, I can agree how resurrecting old villains is kind of weak. But if you can explain how Ganondorf is able to do it, then that should clear up the confusion. Just to make sure incase he's wearing a bulletproof vest was my thoughts exactly.

When Mario mentioned his friend in green, for some reason I was thinking about Link but of course knowing Kent is unavailable, I knew it was Yoshi before he was shown.

Snake, (PEOPLE ALREADY SPOILED IT ON THIS PAGE ANYWAYS SO I'M NOT CENSORING SPOILERS!) He was one of the best characters to be brought as a main character on the show. For him to die in the premiere of the Finale didn't disappoint me. I really did like his character but if he wasn't able to get those medical chocolates, there was no doubt he would die sooner by rapid aging. Dying of a heart attack was probably the best side affect for his aging.
We still have yet to go through 14 more episodes, so either this was Snake's final appearance and he's dead for good, or Ganondorf resurrects him and maybe turns Snake against Mario for stealing his chocolates. I am predicting Ganondorf is bringing the dark side out of Pauline so he might do the same with Snake making Snake a villain. It's possible.

Overall, this episode definitely shows a whole new start to the Season. Since it's the finale and that the war has began, we may be in for more surprises than what we are or were expecting. We might see something more than the war that wasn't hinted in the trailer. The trailer without a doubt probably only contains the first 2/5 of the Season's episodes.
14 minutes is a decent length for an episode. What I hope for is that the finale episode is double or triple the length than any other episodes making it more of a movie.
You did promise the best Season and so far it's good. Let's just hope the rest gets better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am 
Novice

I had to view the video in full because it lagged. Though it was incredibly worth it! I can't wait for the next episode. Ok, the things that really stood out.

The part where Luigi met Bowser was very funny.

I also loved Gary and Brock's apparence. It was hilarious with a pretty surprising moment, at least for me.

Yoshi's scene was pretty silly but funny and then you got the ending...I didn't expect that.

But you must have known that already...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 pm 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
The opening scene with the Darkness' army was a great way to start of a season. I thought Austin as Bowser was an interesting twist on the character. All in all, a great addition to the series.

Post subject: Dyers Eve
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:56 pm 
Fan Girl

I don't know why but this episode reminded me of the time I watched X-Men 3,hahaha.

It was not bad. 7/11.9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 am 
Landsman

All I can say is WoW!

Image Image

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Skype id theoriginallunacatz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:04 pm 
Newcomer

My thoughts on the episode was a combination of comedy and action. There were a lot of "Haha" Moments as well as epic beamsword moments. Ness is my favorite character and Brock and Gary are just the goofballs of the series! Mario is more braver than he was in the previous seasons and Luigi has changed a little too. It was funny to see Bowser grow taller and even funnier when Luigi was getting to Bowser with the questions. I love the season premiere!! Can't wait for the next episode! BTW love the hair style on Dark Mario? :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:58 pm 
Landsman

Pretty good episode.I loved the action,and the comdey.
I laughed at Brock and Gary fighting the ninjas.
I lol @ Luigi telling Bowser off.
I loved the fighting scenes in this episode.
Very well done episode with a surprising ending.
No!!!!!! Snake! :(
Nice job guys! Keep up the great job!
Can't wait for episode 62! :D