The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 60
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:41 pm 
Freelancer

Delta? Ever heard of creating paragraphs with the enter button to separate sentences. All your questions and statements are too messy.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:53 pm 
Tyro

Well great episode and I now know all the questions I have been wondering for a while have been answered from this last episode of season 4. Great Job RMA Studios and great job on all your hard work so far.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:21 pm 
Newcomer

It was an epic season ending
it answered alot of the unaswered questions
i cant wait for season 5

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:26 pm 
Newcomer

Awesome episode, and I hope Link is coming back. By what is seems I expect that Bowser and Kamek will return unless the man who played Kamek is gone. I can't wait to see Gandandorf either because I think he will look awesome. It also seems that in every episode there will be a fight between some two people, and there will be constant problems coming up in the season that make it to where the gang can never be able to relax.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:03 am 
Newcomer

Location: Stopping Ganandorf,Bowser, and Nox Decious From taking over the world
The end of the episode makes me think of 2 things:
1. if there will be an interactive adventure to get snake his money back.
2.If people just completely forgot about mario owing snake money.

Knowing that snake mentions the money that Mario owes it means that there may be a chance of another interactive adventure, Idk 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:25 pm 
Freelancer

Honestly, I didn't really like the ending all that much. I mean, it doesn't fit the Darkness's character to even elaborate a plan to someone else; the way he acted in the movie, he would've been searching for Mario and found him, then run him through with his beam sword. The Darkness just seemed too light, compared to his old self. Now, if all of the stuff he told Mario would've been explained by Merlin or Ness, then that would've been a good closure and made a little more sense. But, it just didn't feel right to me, the way the information was delivered. Also, the fact that Nox Decious is back kinda ticked me off. He's been in the series since Season 2 and has been running the show (for the bad guys) behind the scenes since then. Shoot, he's almost identical to what he was in Season 2, just a different outfit. I kinda liked Blaire, and I wish the Darkness hadn't killed him off so fast. What I'm trying to say is, keep the villains original; it gets old to have the same villains keep popping up (well, with Decious anyways, I never really liked him that much).

*sigh* So that's the end of my rant. Anyways, it gets a 6.5/10.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 pm 
Newcomer

Wii Master 64 wrote:
Honestly, I didn't really like the ending all that much. I mean, it doesn't fit the Darkness's character to even elaborate a plan to someone else; the way he acted in the movie, he would've been searching for Mario and found him, then run him through with his beam sword. The Darkness just seemed too light, compared to his old self. Now, if all of the stuff he told Mario would've been explained by Merlin or Ness, then that would've been a good closure and made a little more sense. But, it just didn't feel right to me, the way the information was delivered. Also, the fact that Nox Decious is back kinda ticked me off. He's been in the series since Season 2 and has been running the show (for the bad guys) behind the scenes since then. Shoot, he's almost identical to what he was in Season 2, just a different outfit. I kinda liked Blaire, and I wish the Darkness hadn't killed him off so fast. What I'm trying to say is, keep the villains original; it gets old to have the same villains keep popping up (well, with Decious anyways, I never really liked him that much).

*sigh* So that's the end of my rant. Anyways, it gets a 6.5/10.

"The Darkness just seemed too light, compared to his old self."
Exactly. If you had read the post I put in the Episode 59 discussion thread, you would know why. It was something I suggested to Richie then, which I realized he already understood after I saw Episode 60. The Darkness was like a living, breathing psychotic impulse to kill, and didn't really have any personality. He was described as a physical incarnation of pure evil, and that's how he acted. It's hard to put closure on a character that's more of a thing than a person. In order to finally retire the Darkness in a satisfying way, they would have to give his character the chance to develop more and make the audience actually care about what happens to him. To do this, they would have to humanize him a bit. Otherwise, his life and his death would be anticlimactic. Evil isn't a person, it's an idea, and you can't kill an idea, so his death would never seem satisfying or real in our minds. Until we see the Darkness as a person and not a thing in our minds, any appearance of his would just leave us thinking, "Oh, great, he's back. Is this Joker wannabe ever going to stay dead?"

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:12 pm 
Freelancer

Yeah, I remember reading that, and it does make sense.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 am 
Freelancer

I find it easy to believe the Darkness planned this all out. I believed he pretended to be the kind of person that acts before he thinks to trick the heroes when he was really the other way around.

Anyways

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:36 pm 
Newcomer

This was a great way to end the season. I was blowen away by what the darkness revealed to Mario. It was amazing that Mario listened to all that, but still amazing. Not only was it an amazing way to end the season, but it was great that it told us by the info that we heard from the darkness that there is going to be a season 5. Amazing job guys!!!!!!! Richard I was also wondering what you thought about the episode? I mean what are your thoughts? Did you think the episode was a great way to end the season?

From

Darknessfan

Can't wait for season 5!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:56 pm 
Newcomer

nin10do2 wrote:
One thing that was in my head the entire time the minute Darkness said,"It'll be a grand army, with a lot of old foes" And when Decious was revealed was that he might try to get Mr. L back??????? I don't know how but you never know.

anyways great episode :D Can't wait till season 5!!!

Mr. L was Luigi controled by Nox Decious

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:33 pm 
Middling

I loved the episode!! The flashbacks were great, Nox Decious being ressurected put me in shock ( I like Nox and Darkness a lot so I was really happy). Bowser always made me laugh so I am also very happy that he will probably be returning. I can just go on and on and on about how great this episode is, but to sum it up I give it 10 out of 10 super stars.

^Both brought to you by ML!^

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 26
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm 
Newcomer

I know this is kinda off subject from everything you guys are talking about, but on episode 26, can anyone tell me the opening music? If you can, thank you SO much!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 am 
Newcomer

This episode kind of reminded me of the Jungian idea of The Shadow.

Mario and Shadow Mario have the same face, so I wonder if Mario is trying to confront a dark aspect of his personality? Is this some kind of internal struggle, sort of like Mr Incredible vs Syndrome inside one man's mind? Is the series just someone's dream?

This is why I'm confused as to who Mario really is. Is he a video game character from "The Mushroom Kingdom" or is he an ordinary American man, who plays video games in his spare time, struggling to pay his rent?

Maybe he is someone who wanted to be a famous rockstar, but ended up being a plumber in a tribute band? Maybe he plays Guitar Hero with his friends to try and distract himself from his unfulfilled aspirations. Maybe he sees his friends as video game characters in his mind's eye and views his girlfriend as an unattainable "Princess"? Maybe he is trying to make sense of his real life problems through video game imagery?

I don't know if this is meant to be an "inner child" vs adult mind conflict.
Mario doesn't seem comfortable in the Mushroom Kingdom or Reality.
I think he's torn between two worlds.

The series is ambiguous. Reality and Fantasy seem to merge like two overlapping dimensions.
The story is compelling, but I don't really know what it all means yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 am 
Newcomer

I loved this episode. It told me a lot of stuff i was itching to know. I also like the darkness's hair job. :D