The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 59
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
Episode 59 - Plumbers and Ninjas and Snakes OH MY!

Gingers have no souls! (at least in this case)

EDIT (By Richalvarez): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCt3UCkMT0

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 59
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 pm 
Greenhorn

This is a unexpected turn of events. Epic! 10/10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 pm 
Middling

Regenerate!?
Is the Darkness a Timelord?
and he looks like a Shinigami in human form.

Overall 9.5/10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 pm 
Freelancer

OH NO! The Darkness is back! Epic episode, the climax of everything. The end of Liquid, again. A battle between Ryu and Ken is over until another day. The guy who plays Yoshi lost a glove in the fight. Corny one line comebacks. Luigi used Ryu's teaching on stopping Ninjitsu. 10 "spare gun" out of 10.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:39 pm 
Mediate

Literal reaction: O_______________O SQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SDYUADYASIYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYS!!! THIS EPISODE IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE NOW!! My favorite character is baackk! ^_^ <<33 I love this episode.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm 
Novice

This episode is epically amazing. I was holding my breath through at least half of it. Especially when Liquid shot Snake. My thoughts were 'NOOOOO!!!!!!! He can't die!!!!!!!' I was so happy when Snake said he was wearing a bullet proof vest. All the battles were really intense and exciting.

I wonder if Brock and Gary will truly ever learn. Prof. Oak really got them on this one.

The ninjas were seriously no match for you guys, which made it that much funnier. I'm gonna miss those ninjas.

We're finally getting questions answered. Now we can find out about all the mystery behind the Trifecta. I have a feeling that the last episode is still gonna be really exciting because we're goona get our questions answered.

I swear to you that I am completely honest when I say this, Richie, your hair looked awesome when you were dressed up as the Darkness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:01 pm 
Role Player

It amazes me how much Chris and Tim look so much like each other...

The fight with the ninjas was nice and it wasn't overly too easy for them. Though Ness beating up that ninja reminded me of whenever I play Fallout 3 (they may be dead....I slice them up to be sure) Nice on that scene guys

Ryu's fight scenes were epic and easy on the eyes. You could tell they wanted to kill each other but it wasn't over kill. I liked the hadooken :D

Snake's scene was done so well. It was like Julian had another him on the scene to fight with. Good job editing that one.

Mario and Blair's fight was also well done. It was an awesome fight with good dialog.

Blair's scene with the Darkness was also nice it brought back my favorite character (SQUEE!!!!!) It really shows Darkness's power and how sadistic/creepy/maniacal he is :D

I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 60

Also the darkness looks like Axle from the Kingdom Hearts saga. lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:06 pm 
Newcomer

Richie, here's some advice if you're tired of using the Darkness. The Darkness can't be killed in a satisfying way as it is. It can't die because it's not a person. It's just a physical manifestation of pure evil, and that's how it acts. No counter curse can change that. You can't kill an idea. You can defeat it, you can lock it away somewhere, but you can never truely destroy it. The problem is, you've used a person to portray a idea. No matter how many times you kill it on screen, you can never kill it in a person's mind. The counter curse may have made him human in continuity, but until you humanize it in our minds, you can never truely kill it. Otherwise, he'll just be overused and he'll have to come back no matter how sick people are of him.

Although, I really like the Darkness! If you want to keep using him, just be sure not to misrepresent him or make his plans too predictable, make his appearances unexpected, and don't make him the main villian if you plan to "kill" him on screen, and you'll be fine. I want to see him go someday, but not until I can truely call him "he" and not "it", and the humanized Darkness has sufficiently developed as a character.

All in all, I'd say you did a great job with him this time. I was actually glad to see him! Not to mention, throughout this entire episode, I've seen many examples of how you've learned from past mistakes concerning the shows elements, especially mistakes you learned from from the movie. Transitioning between fights to keep up the pace without making them boring, actually making Snake and Liquid's fight enjoyable and not an overbuilt way of lazily ending a subplot, and with everything going on at once, still being able to make it all funny! And what's more, this is probably the exact reaction you were trying to get from people! Seriously, with the way you seem to be able to get people to think exactly what you want as they watch, I'll bet you watch shows like The Mentalist a lot!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:14 am 
Newcomer

Location: In front of my computer watching Stupid Mario Brothers
I believe it was Paul Revere that said "the red head is coming, the red head is coming!"

Bahaha, my fail joke aside, that was a really great episode. I was totally not expecting that plot twist!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:23 am 
Commentator

1. Why can't the Darkness just stay dead?
2. Loved Wario's line about eating in his sleep.
3. Luigi is as adorable as ever

Thanks ML!

Post subject: Liebe
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:48 am 
Fan Girl

I am sincerily amazed at how Richie & Co. have improoved in all these years, I'm really proud of being a fan from the very beginning. I don't know if you guys care but I really want to congratulate you.

I don't see that great epic Mario film too far away now.

I specially loved a scene with a ninja...... was that a Sieg Heil? XD

Last edited by Celes on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:05 am 
Newcomer

Great Episode although I did have my dislikes about it I'll go over what I dislike first then what I like

I dislike the fact that Wario was given such a minor role in this fight when he's usually second important to Mario. Blaire didn't get to shine before he died, sure he showed Mario whos boss but now darkness being stronger than blaire, who over powered mario and darkness lost by wario and mario is told by merlin to be stronger than wario im all confused on whos the strongest. Also, Blaire just flat out should've lived longer and I hope he returns soon.

I liked all four battles however (although Mario and Blaire's was cut a bit short) Solid vs Liquid was much more intense this time around and made the act 2 battle of solid vs liquid look bad! Ryu and Ken was flat out awesome! Luigi,Wario and co vs ninjas was hilarious and I take it tsubashi's probably gonna come back in later installments :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:12 am 
Newcomer

There is definitely going to be a season 5 there is still much more things to finish off in the series. I was glad the darkness came back he added a lot of epicness to SMB which i haven't seen in a while.
You also need to remind everyone in the series that Mario and wario are the chosen ones and they should have bigger and epicer roles
Overall all the fights where great i just wanted the characters to maybe use their powers more now that they got them back like fireballs and light sabers. And maybe the battles a bit more intense
I hope Waluigii awakes from the coma soon Nice Job so far cant wait for next episode and hopefully new seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:28 am 
Commentator

For the whole chosen one thing. I think that was for that one instance.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:40 am 
Freelancer

I notice there's too much complaining above, so I'll quote why it's stupid if you complain about it.

This episode, has got to be the best episode of Season 4 ever!

I was thinking about Professor Oak sucking more then Brock and Gary by using them, but no. Professor Oak is right. I'm sorry Brock and Gary, but you guys both suck. Hopefully that gets messages through the kid's minds.

It was awesome how you switched between the four fights. Makes it a lot better then doing an order.

There was a little bit of comedy with the other heroes fighting the ninjas. I found it weird how Yoshi took his hand off and had a human hand slapping the ninja with the glove. Ness was awesome and really violent with that bat of his. Wario is awesome too. It's funny how they keep getting what's-his-name wrong. Luigi sure payed attention during Ryu's training. People were complaining about Wario having a smaller role. I noticed Wario seemed like the second main character instead of Luigi since the Movie ACT II. But Luigi is supposed to be the second main character of the series. Wonder if watching the twenty episodes of Naruto would ever come in handy for the heroes?

Snake and Liquid's gun fight was definitely better then what was shown in ACT II. When Snake shot Liquid through the head and blood came out the other side, that was an awesome effect!

Ryu and Ken. I know NOTHING! about them but their fight was awesome too. Two friends who became arch enemies. One determined to kill one and the other giving his friend the chance to run. The power Ryu used was really awesome since Ness' PK Thunder in Act II.

As for Mario, it's funny how Mario is not so serious during his scenes. When the riddle was solved, it made sense! I somehow know the riddle referred to Mario's Shadow, the Darkness.
Those of you who complain he's back, well maybe you should pay more attention to the story line instead of being a bunch of whiners that he returned.

Merlin "When brightest its darkest, when darkest, it's gone. When gone forever, so are you."

It's Mario's shadow! The Darkness! Without light, there's no dark.

My theory is Mario cannot live without the Darkness, making the Darkness a shadow part of Mario. This may last forever as Mario's shadow may never die. But it's also a metaphor. Which means when Snake destroyed that beacon, it enabled to resurrect the Darkness using the heroes' powers. You cannot run away from your shadow.

But I'm sure everything will be explained in the Season 4 Finale.

Last edited by Nitsua94 on Mon May 02, 2011 1:30 am, edited 3 times in total.