The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 59
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:36 am 
Freelancer

I hate to correct you Nitsu, but Ryu and Ken are not brothers, just friends. If you played the Street Fighters game, you would know that Ryu lives in Japan and Ken lives in America. Anyway, I knew the riddle, but wasn't expecting the Darkness to appear so soon. I thought that was an episode 60 moment. I pictured it that Mario and Blaire would fight longer until the end of the episode. Then in 60, someone else would come to help Mario fight, then the Darkness appears. That way more than just Mario would know that the Darkness was alive. Plus, what is with the hair?! It is a cool hair style, but with the Darkness, it kinda clashes with the all black look. And now that someone mentioned it, he does look like a short haired version of Axel from Kingdom Hearts. That is all I have to say about this episode.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:54 am 
Newcomer

My Review:

Heroes vs Ninjas = Hilarious! I love how the heroes were disapointed with their opponents and found it lame. Tsuboshi flipping out every time they forgot his name was funny. Nice to see they didnt kill Tsuboshi, hopefully that means we'll see more of him in the future.

Snake vs Liquid = Definently more intense than last time. You guys did a good job making it look like the same actor was playing both characters at the same time. The fight was good, but I just can't help but ask, if Liquid was smart enough to wear a bullet proof vest last time, why didn't he wear one this time?

Ryu vs Ken = Awesome. Like how Ryu wasn't willing to kill Ken. Hopefully Ken will forgive Ryu.

Mario vs Blare = It wasn't bad, but I'm kind of annoyed with Blare. Blare was a villain that stayed in the background and was very mysterious. To have a character we really know nothing about just be killed of so early really makes him pointless. I mean I know The Darkness will explain everything, but you might as well just had Liquid and Ken.

The Darkness returning makes sense. Mario can't live without it and The Darkness needs Mario. I know some people are against The Darkness returning, but if you guys give The Darkness more developement than I think people will be okay. You guys could do like a Vegeta thing where The Darkness is evil like he is now, but next season a more powerful villain arrives which could be Ganondorf and The Darkness becomes good over time.

10/10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:53 am 
Commentator

SolidSnake wrote:
if Liquid was smart enough to wear a bullet proof vest last time, why didn't he wear one this time?

...he got shot in the head...

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:38 am 
Veteran

I really liked the episode.

I saw a continuity issues with the Ryu/Ken fight. There was blood under Ryu's nose in one shot and then it was gone in another and then back in another shot.

Shadow Mario is back, well as, he is one of my favorite characters, I thought he would be gone and not come back. I was like "Whoa, its Shadow Mario." I love the character, I just don't know if I should be happy for this or not.

I can't wait to see where this goes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 pm 
Newcomer

This episode was the best episode so far in season 4. The liquad/snake fight was amazing and the ryu/ken fight was epic. I was expecting more of a fight with blaire and mario and i was also hopeing that blaire would actually have a better reason to fight mario and not to just fight mario cuz he wants to think that he's stronger. As much as i love the darkness, i was hoping that the main villian was someone else. I mean the darkness already kinda looks like ganondorf, so why couldn't they just put ganondorf in as the new character and not continue using the darkness over and over. This episode still gets a 10/10 but i was hopeing for a new villian.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:49 am 
Novice

Nitsua94 wrote:
Those of you who complain he's back, well maybe you should pay more attention to the story line instead of being a bunch of whiners that he returned.

Pay more attention to the storyline? If anything, I'd say the people who are displeased by his returns are the ones paying the most attention. Shadow Mario is an awesome character, certainly. But even the coolest characters can overstay their welcome. Now, if you look at the series as a whole, how much sense do his resurrections make?

He spends a good deal of season 3/the movie trying to get his hands on the Truth Stone. Mr. L even calls him out on this, saying he's not immortal without it. Then Wario kills him... And he resurrects himself, not at all surprised that this has happened. While it's possible Mr. L just didn't know what he was talking about, why would the Darkness put so much effort into obtaining a stone that makes him invincible if he knows he already is?

Then Waluigi comes and gives Wario a spell. This spell removes the Darkness' invincibility and make him just as killable as anyone else. It works, and Wario kills the Darkness again. In OBS, he even admits he's dead, and that he doesn't care what happens to him because he is. At the time, this made sense, but looking at his recent actions it no longer does. If he had a way to revive himself again, why would he risk destroying himself? It's possible that will be explained/retconned in episode 60, but there's still the issue of why a spell that was specifically designed to destroy the Darkness failed to do so.

During season 3 and the earlier part of Act II, the Darkness was my favorite villain. But every time he's brought back the reasoning behind it gets more convoluted, and I think that in the long run it just hurts the character. He also just hijacked the plot from Verestorm, which means that people who found him to be a more interesting villain (or even just a nice change) are inevitably going to be upset by it.

While I will wait for episode 60 to call this a bad decision, I have my doubts that Richie and co will be able to explain it adequately enough for me to call it a good one. But we'll see. Maybe they'll surprise me.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:07 am 
Landsman

I think this episode just further proved how much I love Richie's acting and everything. Period.

I feel like the demand for the darkness coming back was high, and I'm so glad he did.

SO EXCITED FOR 60!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:16 pm 
Novice

Aisling wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
if Liquid was smart enough to wear a bullet proof vest last time, why didn't he wear one this time?

Bullet-proof vests are so powerful, they can protect against headshots now.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:58 pm 
Newcomer

I figured Oak was tricking Brock and Gary anyway XD Seeing the Darkness back surprised me a lot. Can't wait to see what happens in the 60th episode.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:01 pm 
Commentator

SmashX wrote:
Aisling wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:

Bullet-proof vests are so powerful, they can protect against headshots now.

I am pretty sure you are being sarcastic as we cannot see sarcasim in text based communication.

But also, Snake shot Liquid multiple times afterward. Which is what he should of done in Act 2.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:19 pm 
Tyro

Nice work epic episode the darkness returns once again who knows what will happen now that he is back. I cannot wait to see what will happen

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 am 
Freelancer

This ep was funny, exciting and had the most awesome and expected twist ever.

Can't wait for the explanations in the next ep.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:22 am 
Creator

Sothe wrote:
Nitsua94 wrote:
Those of you who complain he's back, well maybe you should pay more attention to the story line instead of being a bunch of whiners that he returned.

Pay more attention to the storyline? If anything, I'd say the people who are displeased by his returns are the ones paying the most attention. Shadow Mario is an awesome character, certainly. But even the coolest characters can overstay their welcome. Now, if you look at the series as a whole, how much sense do his resurrections make?

He spends a good deal of season 3/the movie trying to get his hands on the Truth Stone. Mr. L even calls him out on this, saying he's not immortal without it. Then Wario kills him... And he resurrects himself, not at all surprised that this has happened. While it's possible Mr. L just didn't know what he was talking about, why would the Darkness put so much effort into obtaining a stone that makes him invincible if he knows he already is?

Then Waluigi comes and gives Wario a spell. This spell removes the Darkness' invincibility and make him just as killable as anyone else. It works, and Wario kills the Darkness again. In OBS, he even admits he's dead, and that he doesn't care what happens to him because he is. At the time, this made sense, but looking at his recent actions it no longer does. If he had a way to revive himself again, why would he risk destroying himself? It's possible that will be explained/retconned in episode 60, but there's still the issue of why a spell that was specifically designed to destroy the Darkness failed to do so.

During season 3 and the earlier part of Act II, the Darkness was my favorite villain. But every time he's brought back the reasoning behind it gets more convoluted, and I think that in the long run it just hurts the character. He also just hijacked the plot from Verestorm, which means that people who found him to be a more interesting villain (or even just a nice change) are inevitably going to be upset by it.

While I will wait for episode 60 to call this a bad decision, I have my doubts that Richie and co will be able to explain it adequately enough for me to call it a good one. But we'll see. Maybe they'll surprise me.

You have doubts? How dumb do you think I Am? From the beginning of the season I had planed this, and Blare was always planned as the Darkness' Secret Lacky. There were hints of him working for someone since he first appeared, The Trifecta was just a well planed tactic by the Darkness. The next episode will show the Darkness explain his actions all the way back from the movie onwards. You will see how ridiculous you sound when you see it.

There's also still the Mystery of Who sent the ninjas!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:55 pm 
Newcomer

Richalvarez wrote:
Sothe wrote:
Nitsua94 wrote:

You have doubts? How dumb do you think I Am? From the beginning of the season I had planed this, and Blare was always planned as the Darkness' Secret Lacky. There were hints of him working for someone since he first appeared, The Trifecta was just a well planed tactic by the Darkness. The next episode will show the Darkness explain his actions all the way back from the movie onwards. You will see how ridiculous you sound when you see it.

There's also still the Mystery of Who sent the ninjas!

Well, it's obvious that you've thought this entire season out from every angle. There's a pattern you've left in it that shows it. This whole thing has been a battle of wits between you and the audience. You carefully executed every scene to make us think exactly what you want us to, so that we will enjoy it more than we expected. Induced underestimation. Brilliant! Giving us planted context clues to give us certain ideas, only for us to find out that the plot was more complex and surprising than we thought. Anyone who can see this pattern should know that we aren't giving you enough credit. And as for the one who sent the ninjas, I think I know who it is, but if the pattern holds, it's exactly what you wanted me to think and something unexpected is thrown into the mix when it's revealed.

Can't wait for
Spoiler:
SEASON FIVE
!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:49 pm 
Newcomer

Great job as always. Switching between the fights was a good idea.
I just wanna know, does Mario still have the Black Widow Blade? Same goes for Wario with the Nether Saber.