The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 54
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Episode 54 - "The Great Purple Hope!"

Waluigi May Hold The Key To Help The Rest Of The Team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHaX4Ze9Fy0

Probably My Favorite Episode this Season. I'll review it once I get the chance...

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 54
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:46 pm 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
BLAST YOU INFERNAL WIND! you have cause my youtube to be slow!
so i shall edit this post later with a review.
Dang i think i shall have to agree on adams first assumption that this is possibly the best of the season so far. it has comedy, plot, sarcastic comments, and much more. i like the exit of waluigi for this season seeing as doug is heading away again. this way people arent complaining, "wheres waluigi?". anyways once again i think this is a great episode. although i may not express it in words i am usually a person that believes actions speak louder than words, and i am grinning ear to ear from this

Last edited by relzer on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 pm 
Veteran

This episode had a good mixture of plot, seriousness, and humor. I think it was a good episode.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Why delay? I'll review it now.

This was probably personally my fav episode of this season thus far. We have had a nice line of episodes (which I will review this weekend if not sooner) Episode 52 was the funniest episode in a while, Episode 53 had the best story/ plot in a while, and this had the best blend of the two.

The opening of this episode was nice. Not too unrelated to the ending of last episode to question it's inclusion. The one thing that I noticed throughout this episode as well as the last is the Wario's mood really really changes. Sometimes he's gravely serious and other times, like this scene, even though he's talking about important stuff he has a comedic undertone to everything. I swear Wario has some kind of split personality disorder... but he's still funny.

As much as I enjoyed the light shone on the once mystery of the Wario/ Merlin conversation, I can't help but cringe every time I hear Merlin's advice. "Ask Mario this question: When brightest it's darkest. When darkest it's gone. When gone forever, so are you." I hate to be the grammar person (even though I always end up in that position) but I would like to point out that this is not a question. No who, what, when, where, why, how, be verbs, or any of that. Now I know Merlin is in a rush and all but how does the smartest/ wisest character in the show really confuse a question with a riddle? Was Rich trying to say "Tell Mario this Riddle" or "What is brightest..."? That is a read over error, you guys are much better than that.

What
does it mean? It is hard for me to assume because the phrase is incredibly vague. Merlin could be be referring to an object, a person, a scenario, etc. There's no telling, but surely the second piece of advice is just as vague right? WRONG. "The opposite of green will be the path of flow." really? I don't mean to be rude but you can do WAAAAAYYYY better than that. If I had a 5-year-old sibling I would say that they could write that. The opposite of green (Luigi) is purple (Waluigi) and the path of flow refers to him transferring his powers. Okay, I know it's easy once I have something to apply it to, just hearing that advice the first time made me scratch my head, but once Wario pointed it out I felt it could not be more obvious. Maybe I have a bias because I also write prophecies and riddles for IoM and ALQ (Miashonan Saga Stories) but in 2 minutes time I was able to come up with something I feel might be incredibly better:

A violet blooms from down under,
Energy flows and returns like thunder.

Cheesy (but you do like cheesy), corny, etc. but it makes the same point, is still just as confusing, and makes it more clever. "A violet" violet = purple, purple = Waluigi "down under" Australia, clever? "energy flows" power transfer. See what I did there? I know it's something that hardly matters but every painter knows that every stroke in his masterpiece means as much as the whole.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed all of the 4th wall breaks this episode, they were very well handled oppose to some previous "We haven't done that since Episode/ Season _!" I was actually thinking the exact same thing as Mario expecting some sound effect or something when the transfer happened. Now THAT's good writing/ delivery.

I really enjoyed the Snake and Wario/Mario scene time of day that that was filmed. Isn't it awesome how a sunset scene changes the environment, feel, and spruces up a been done location? I would love to see more of that. I dislike Snake's current attitude towards Mario because he hasn't even mentioned the chocolate situation even though that was the focus of the plot merely 3 episodes ago. It would be nice if that sequence of events were hinted at at least. Snake talks to DK about his GF dying due to the chocolates, why not Mario?

After all that happened this episode I was surprised to see Brock and Gary and even MORE surprised to see Daen reprising his role as Professor Oak. All three of the characters are still as hilarious as they have been. I half expected the "something to benefit me" thing Oak was referring to but then again I didn't expect them washing his car.

All in all an all around good episode. So long Waluigi, at least he was well written out this time. I give this episode 9.5/10 Creeping Professors!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:16 pm 
Landsman

It was good but to simple a fix, was thinking there'd be at least a quest.

Image Image

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Skype id theoriginallunacatz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 pm 
Freelancer

Waluigi, Nooooooooooooooooo! Mario, that was heartless, but funny. I wonder, were they at Wario and Waluigi's place, or Mario and Luigi's place? Cause I would doubt Mario would remember to check on Waluigi any. Brock and Gary, let's call it a draw between you two and say professor Oak sucks. 10 "POWERS!" out of 10.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:37 pm 
Newcomer

Their powers aren't simply energy. They are a part of their very being. Their powers are fueled by a form of magical energy. This energy eventually regenerates if it's drained, but if it's ever drained to absolute zero, their powers go dormant and their magic never regenerates. This is what happened to them when the Beacon was destroyed. However, when Waluigi channeled his magic to them, their powers reawakened. They didn't go into a coma when their energies were drained, but Waluigi did because he still had a miniscule amount of magic left, so he went into a hibernative state to recover his power. He was left too weak for his magic to regenerate the normal way. As I stated at the beginning, the energy they received was merely fuel for their power. Their actual powers themselves are a fundamental part of their being. They can't lose their powers. That's what Merlin was trying to tell them. "When gone forever, so are you." They and their powers are inseparable. If one ceases to be, so does the other.

If I'm wrong, then RMA Studios, or whatever they call themselves now, are WAY more creative then my mind could even comprehend, and I just made a fool of myself.

Last edited by DeltaHK on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 am 
Fan Girl

Best one so far!!

I'll miss Waluigi.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:31 am 
Newcomer

I just want to say something. I'm sorry forum members. I'm sorry RMA actors. I always seem to feel the need to overanalyze the plot and I suck the fun out of everything. I don't want to be a pain. From now on, I'll keep my theories to myself. I need to remember that SMB isn't a puzzle to be solved, it's an incredibly entertaining and well thought out YouTube series. I look forward to future episodes, and I hope I can be less annoying from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:56 am 
Mediate

I loved this episode. It had the perfect blend of plot line and comedy. I believe this is the best episode so far for season four. Well done.

I had this huge review about details in the episode, but the effing computer signed me out and I lost it and don't have time or feel like writing it out again..

Anyways, this was an awesome episode. I am not going to lie, I was beginning to have my doubts about this season, but the last two episodes have erased all doubt in my mind that this series, is still amazing. I can't wait until the next episode!
I give this 10/10 plot line and comedy combined FTW!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 am 
Freelancer

I really loved this and Professor Oak's BACK

But I was kinda saddened by Waluigi. I really felt they could've put a less depressing excuse for his absence for the rest of the season.

But this ep was great so 10/10

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:01 am 
Newcomer

Nice Episode. I'll give my take on it.

This episode is better than Ep53 in that there was much better effort into it (Not that I'm saying Ep53 was a let down) and had a perfect write out of Waluigi.

However, one thing pissed me off a little bit and that was Mario. I don't get why last episode he lost his memory and comes back glad to see his friends again, then this episode he was a total goomba. Sorry for my French but I'm speaking my opinion. But on the other hand, Rich did potray the perfect belly button and he did it well, thats why one youtube I wrote "Emmy Nomination for Best proformed Duch Bag: Richard Alvarez as Mario. Congrats!"

The episode was really good on how Waluigi was written out. But one thing I want to know is why is Doug going? I mean someone tell me I've been living under a rock but could someone explain?

In My Opinion, 9.9999999999999999/10 because of the Mario/belly button thing. Still a good ep!!!

Find me on YouTube!: ratedrsuperstar302/NscrSlipstrmSngsCup
Block on YouTube: nascarcocacolacup and nascardrpeppercup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 am 
Freelancer

ratedrsuperstar302 wrote:
The episode was really good on how Waluigi was written out. But one thing I want to know is why is Doug going? I mean someone tell me I've been living under a rock but could someone explain?

It's because Doug lives quite far away from Sacramento so only during holidays and other events can he come back to film his parts.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:40 am 
Newcomer

JRPictures wrote:
ratedrsuperstar302 wrote:

It's because Doug lives quite far away from Sacramento so only during holidays and other events can he come back to film his parts.

Thanks for that. and now it's Random moment time. DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find me on YouTube!: ratedrsuperstar302/NscrSlipstrmSngsCup
Block on YouTube: nascarcocacolacup and nascardrpeppercup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:55 am 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
Why delay? I'll review it now.

This was probably personally my fav episode of this season thus far. We have had a nice line of episodes (which I will review this weekend if not sooner) Episode 52 was the funniest episode in a while, Episode 53 had the best story/ plot in a while, and this had the best blend of the two.

The opening of this episode was nice. Not too unrelated to the ending of last episode to question it's inclusion. The one thing that I noticed throughout this episode as well as the last is the Wario's mood really really changes. Sometimes he's gravely serious and other times, like this scene, even though he's talking about important stuff he has a comedic undertone to everything. I swear Wario has some kind of split personality disorder... but he's still funny.

As much as I enjoyed the light shone on the once mystery of the Wario/ Merlin conversation, I can't help but cringe every time I hear Merlin's advice. "Ask Mario this question: When brightest it's darkest. When darkest it's gone. When gone forever, so are you." I hate to be the grammar person (even though I always end up in that position) but I would like to point out that this is not a question. No who, what, when, where, why, how, be verbs, or any of that. Now I know Merlin is in a rush and all but how does the smartest/ wisest character in the show really confuse a question with a riddle? Was Rich trying to say "Tell Mario this Riddle" or "What is brightest..."? That is a read over error, you guys are much better than that.

What
does it mean? It is hard for me to assume because the phrase is incredibly vague. Merlin could be be referring to an object, a person, a scenario, etc. There's no telling, but surely the second piece of advice is just as vague right? WRONG. "The opposite of green will be the path of flow." really? I don't mean to be rude but you can do WAAAAAYYYY better than that. If I had a 5-year-old sibling I would say that they could write that. The opposite of green (Luigi) is purple (Waluigi) and the path of flow refers to him transferring his powers. Okay, I know it's easy once I have something to apply it to, just hearing that advice the first time made me scratch my head, but once Wario pointed it out I felt it could not be more obvious. Maybe I have a bias because I also write prophecies and riddles for IoM and ALQ (Miashonan Saga Stories) but in 2 minutes time I was able to come up with something I feel might be incredibly better:

A violet blooms from down under,
Energy flows and returns like thunder.

Cheesy (but you do like cheesy), corny, etc. but it makes the same point, is still just as confusing, and makes it more clever. "A violet" violet = purple, purple = Waluigi "down under" Australia, clever? "energy flows" power transfer. See what I did there? I know it's something that hardly matters but every painter knows that every stroke in his masterpiece means as much as the whole.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed all of the 4th wall breaks this episode, they were very well handled oppose to some previous "We haven't done that since Episode/ Season _!" I was actually thinking the exact same thing as Mario expecting some sound effect or something when the transfer happened. Now THAT's good writing/ delivery.

I really enjoyed the Snake and Wario/Mario scene time of day that that was filmed. Isn't it awesome how a sunset scene changes the environment, feel, and spruces up a been done location? I would love to see more of that. I dislike Snake's current attitude towards Mario because he hasn't even mentioned the chocolate situation even though that was the focus of the plot merely 3 episodes ago. It would be nice if that sequence of events were hinted at at least. Snake talks to DK about his GF dying due to the chocolates, why not Mario?

After all that happened this episode I was surprised to see Brock and Gary and even MORE surprised to see Daen reprising his role as Professor Oak. All three of the characters are still as hilarious as they have been. I half expected the "something to benefit me" thing Oak was referring to but then again I didn't expect them washing his car.

All in all an all around good episode. So long Waluigi, at least he was well written out this time. I give this episode 9.5/10 Creeping Professors!

I didn't want to drag the Waluigi riddle out so that it would be a mind blowing puzzle, instead i made it easy enough for wario to figure out, and easy enough for the audience to understand upon watching the scene a second time. As for Merlin, remember that he is not like normal people, what seem like riddles to us, are mere questions to him. Trust me, Mario will be thinking that one through, he will understand it when the time is right.