The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 53
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm 
Fan Girl

Whatever, I just liked it.

I guess you guys just showed what we really needed to know avoiding unnecessary scenes like Mario going to the hospital or whatever, dragging the plot more than it needs to.

That's why I like it. It's a cute story and everything flows fast enough.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:46 am 
Freelancer

I quite enjoyed this for a serious ep.

But Ken and Liquid WOW. I didn't see that coming. I guess they're involved with the ninjas.

But overall 10/10

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 am 
Greenhorn

Thought I was missing part of the episode at the beginning .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:01 am 
Creator

I was hoping Adam would actually write a review this time, But I guess he's waiting to write a season review.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 am 
Newcomer

Location: Stopping Ganandorf,Bowser, and Nox Decious From taking over the world
Richalvarez wrote:
I was hoping Adam would actually write a review this time, But I guess he's waiting to write a season review.

Or, he could be getting impatient for everyone (except waluigi who still has his powers) to get their powers back just like everyone else :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:46 am 
Greenhorn

Why does Luigi have s2 hair At the beginning?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:25 am 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
Your response was so good i'm actually considering making an analysis video for this episode to explain the things that people are having trouble with, but i will answer a couple things.

1. Dawn is not Predatory, she was simply a good person who cared for a total stranger, And She's not from Pokemon lol

2. "Getting Mario Help" Meant personally helping him. In the stupid Mario Universe, Cops are only there to harass (ACI I COPS) Or Annoy (Max Payne), This is a reflection of my distrust for the legal system lol. Seeing as Mario was only Knocked out and just in mild pain, she deemed it better to take him home. Technically Mario Is from the mushroom kingdom, so he has no ID and no background, so no one would have been able to help him.

3. I didn't want this part of the story to drag, I didn't want mario "Out of Overalls" For more than one episode. I remember Adam saying to me at the beginning of this season that he wanted to see an episode where a complete story is told and concluded within one episode, this was that episode. ANd when you want that episode to be around 10 minutes, its going to feel a bit exposistionary. But i don't see that as out of place, that's how the characters always talk to each other, I just see it as them keeping each other on the same page, In Real life Chris and I repeat things to each other like that all the time.

4. Luigi is waiting by the house in case Mario returns, he sent Wario to check elsewhere.

5. Perhapps I didn't make this clear but Mario doesn't care to search for his past, he's content with dawn, But He feels something for his clothes, Mainly because of the power that only he can sense from his hat.

6. The Hug is all we need, I never want to see 2 characters kiss on this show, it's too much for SMB. Plus I think kissing is overated, A hug symbolizes comfort and protection, and love.

7. The montage Of luigi looking around represented redundancy, of course he's checking the same places again and again, he's desperate.

8. "What does finding mario have to do with their defense"? Everything, The characters see Mario as their leader, they are strategically lost without him. And Without him, They feel like "Sitting ducks". Luigi misses Mario as a brother, Wario sees the loss of Mario as a huge problem in any hopes of makking a non-powered attack against the enemy, therefore he suggests getting their powers back.

"We have no coice" But to continue without him

"We can't keep hoping" That he'll return

"We'll play it you way" By continuing to wait for Mario to return before making plans

Again, It's all their in the subtext, sorry for not making that clearer.

9. Mario and Dawn had real feelings for each other, but as soon as he regained his Memory, it all went to hell. Put yourself in Mario's shoes, He's had 2 love interests, One was constantly kidnaped by the enemy and was always in distress, The other he accidentally killed, He's not ready to let another person he loves go in harms way. Simply put, If Dawn is with him, she is in danger thanks to his enemies. This is called the "Superman" affect lol.

10. Why is not happy when he regains his memories? Because he now knows he has to leave dawn. Does he hate his life? No. But He's not going to jump for joy at the moment either.

11. Luigi is more shocked than surprised to see Mario, but then he is happy, But rather than completely betray the premise of the show and go into an uncharacteristly mushy reunion scene, these characters immediately revert to their former selves, Luigi joking about flash drives, and Mario wanting to get down to business. Luigi was worried, but it wasn't enough time for him to be devastated at marios disappearance. Mario Didn't react to luigi's hug because he just regained his memory, so to him, he hasn't actually been gone that long.

12. They were already about to have a "WHat should we do" Meeting before Mario showed up, hence why their all there.

13. Again, they repeat the facts they all know to make sure everyone is on the same page, especially Mario who hasn't been there.

Hope that clears of some miscomunication! lol

Thank you for responding, Richie, and not taking what I said harshly. :) It's tough sometimes, as a filmmaker, knowing who is going to take comments as a friend and peer offering feedback and who's going to take them a challenge or an insult. You know, you and I should just chat sometime about filmmaking, like on Skype; I'm sure there's a lot we can learn from each other.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:05 pm 
Greenhorn

Aisling wrote:
Thank you for responding, Richie, and not taking what I said harshly. :) It's tough sometimes, as a filmmaker, knowing who is going to take comments as a friend and peer offering feedback and who's going to take them a challenge or an insult. You know, you and I should just chat sometime about filmmaking, like on Skype; I'm sure there's a lot we can learn from each other.

I wouldn't mind getting tips from Richie also.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:09 pm 
Newcomer

I really loved this episode, but there is one thing that's bugging me; Snake's hyper-aging. Wouldn't Mario and co. still have to find a Foxdie cure for him so he doesn't die/become too old to fight?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:59 pm 
Freelancer

Good episode guys! My only complaint is that it felt a little too rushed. Rich, your comment definitely cleared things up, so thanks for that. My biggest complaint is that the time lapses could've been longer, like maybe 2 weeks or something.

Also, Julian in that long hair looks like Robert Plant. I had to say it lol

Anyways, 8.5/10, just because it felt so rushed to me. But I like the fact that the series is taking a darker turn! I'm looking forward to a beamsword fight! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:37 pm 
Newcomer

yay! The seriousness is back!
Personally I like the serious side of StMB better. Anyways I really liked the idea of "not having a darn clue whats going on" at the beginning of the episode and we learned what happend over time. Although these three new enemies don't seem as evil or intimidating as Darkness or Decious, they will probably end up being my favorite villians, I mean, there strategy was awesome and they're definatly more prepared with three people rather than by there lonesome like Decious and Darkness. Well sure Darkness had Steven Bauer, but he went down kinda quickly, and he was one of my favorite too :/

I do indeed though have a theory about the three, it's probably not anywhere close to whats the actual plot, but I thought it was interesting. Perhaps what Darkness meant by "I don't care what happends to me now because Im dead" is "Well I already have everything taken care of" perhaps he made them lose them lose their powers because he hired these three guys to kill Mario and them while he's dead. Perhaps he wanted them to take his place. Although I doubt it because thats hardly like The Darkness to do something that smart and honorable XD

Dawn was an awesome character! I really hope she gets more screentime later on. Like maybe the trenchcoat guy,Ken and Liquid kidnap her and... erk... Mario has to .... save her like peach T_- ... you know what, forget it, thats not very original xD.

But this was my favorite episode of the season, despite the fact my favorite character Waluigi Wasn't in it. I hope that the rest of season 4 remains this style and hopefully we don't hear that darn Yoshi's Island music again! It's played in every season 4 episode besides this one XD.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:34 pm 
Newcomer

Hey Rich, did you get the name Dawn from randomness or did you watch Pokemon and though "that's a good name"

Could I have your thoughts?

Find me on YouTube!: ratedrsuperstar302/NscrSlipstrmSngsCup
Block on YouTube: nascarcocacolacup and nascardrpeppercup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 pm 
Newcomer

ratedrsuperstar302 wrote:
Hey Rich, did you get the name Dawn from randomness or did you watch Pokemon and though "that's a good name"

He said Dawn was an original character so I'm sure he just thought it up and not from the Pokemon Dawn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:52 pm 
Creator

I have an aunt and 2 cousins named Dawn, I thought it was a common name, I didn't realize so many people would think of the pokemon character, I didn't even know there was a pokemon character named dawn lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:04 pm 
Freelancer

Richalvarez wrote:

I have an aunt and 2 cousins named Dawn, I thought it was a common name, I didn't realize so many people would think of the pokemon character, I didn't even know there was a pokemon character named dawn lol

Yes, she is the female hero you could play as in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum versions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next