The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Episode 50 - "You Can't Read My Poker Face!"

A poker Game, An Aging Man, And Apples!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6l4sGiyOE

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 pm 
Freelancer

I thought that Wario was going to lose that poker game. Can't believe Max Payne ends up with the money! They really should lock their doors. Why is DK there when Pauline's death is mentioned?
DK: Waaaaaaaaaaaa!
I should really lock that door. 10 eye patches out of 10 punches to Mario's face.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm 
Freelancer

Really good episode guys! I enjoyed it thoroughly. I loved the whole poker game thing, even though I have no clue how to play poker lol. Now I just wonder when Snake is going to get his money... I'm also curious about what happened to Liquid, we haven't heard about him in a while. But still, awesome episode! ^.^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 pm 
Commentator

First of all Id like to compliment all the "extras" in this episode for their superb acting XD That poker game was so much like something out of a movie yet at the same time very original. Okay so now to the episode itself.

Hmm well it wasnt quite as "monumental" as I would of hoped. Seeing as it is episode 50 (half way to a hundred is quite the accomplishment for any series) I was hoping for a little more action. This episode to me was all about one word...SUSPENSE! I almost felt like fast forwarding through a few scenes in this episode just to see the ending...

Still as I said the acting in this episode is really well done. The poker scene is quite hilarious in parts. I especially love Dougs role as he plays the "innocent" poker dealer. It made me crack up just a bit watching how serious he got in those scenes slowly flipping the cards over one by one. (Makes me wonder how long it took to set up this game so that it fit with the script) The reactions from each of the "extras" were well timed and well played. It really did look genuine (although Ive never played myself so I cant really judge XD)

It also makes sense that Wario was the one choosen to play poker given his nintendo character. Near the end of the game when the "random poker player #2" accused him of cheating I half expected him to be right! I think I see you staying a bit more true to the nintendo charactizations so that would of made sense given Warios past experience. (He will do anything to get his hands on money even it means being a cheater...)

One minor thing: Even though I thought Doug played a grand dealer...I really think it would of been cooler to see Wario and Waluigi. Now given the context of Luigi wanting to help his brother at any cost I suppose this is okay but generally I think of Luigi as still "innocent." (As is shown when he has trouble lying to Payne.) I kinda also see that this could be another way of showing Wario and Luigis growing friendship. Still I dont know if I quite fit the character.

The suspense in this episode really killed me (not literally geesh) and I think was just slightly overplayed. I disliked the ending due to the fact that they ended up RIGHT WHERE THEY STARTED which basically made this episode FILLER! I dont know Ive seen better.

Overall though I still give this a kind score of 7/10 poker cards for the fact the acting alone in this episode made it worth watching. Each scene I thought was pretty well timed and despite the pointless suspense I actually enjoyed watching it. Ah well cant wait until next week!

*Edit* Forget to add the note about the running gag LOL
"Pauline is dead" *DK Gets depressed* Heeheh IT GETS ME EVERY TIME! The line "We really should lock our doors" had me ROFLing due to the fact that is EXACTLY what I expected Luigi to say XD (It was almost a subtle fourth wall breaking joke as Luigi seemed to be staring at the audience) That scene was priceless XDD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:18 pm 
Freelancer

The poker scene is the best part of this whole episode! I don't know how to play Texas Hold'em but I know the idea of it because I've played Draw Poker where you have five cards, beat your money, and draw cards you want to replace with new cards. Watching this episode, I think I got more of the idea how Texas Hold'Em is played.
If funny how Luigi folded all rounds. It's also cool how we get to see the inside of the game.

Sucks when Luigi and Wario lost the money. But it makes sense that they went to something illegal. Poor Mario. I thought Snake was going to attempt to shoot Mario. Next time Mario, your dead.

10/10 Royal Flushes!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:55 pm 
Greenhorn

Great poker game scene, but really they should keep a gun in the car.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 pm 
Fan Girl

This season gets better and better!

You guys make me fly!
High!

This is talent. I love it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 am 
Commentator

Who was the guy in the cowboy hat? I loved his proformance.

NOW how is Mario gonna get that money?

JMK episode soon?

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:11 am 
Freelancer

I think the poker game may have taken long but overall another great ep

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:28 pm 
Newcomer

great episode especailly the poker game

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:43 pm 
Novice

WhiteMage wrote:
Seeing as it is episode 50 (half way to a hundred is quite the accomplishment for any series) I was hoping for a little more action. This episode to me was all about one word...SUSPENSE!

I agree. I never thought I'd see an Episode 50, and though it was a really funny one, it could have had more action in it. A hint to a new character could've been added, and seeing as they made another "powers" reference, I think they'll be getting them back soon, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 am 
Newcomer

Location: in a castle kinda far away in the second highest room of the third tallest tower
well first off congrazzles on hitting 50 episodes
and this season is still killing me with suspense its like things are getting more and more exciting :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 am 
Commentator

Again, it took me awhile to get to commenting on this episode.

But I really like the whole Snake aging thing. Not only does it bring a hint of severity to the plot, as I mentioned before, but Julian is pulling it off really well. And it balances nicely with Mario's comedic tendencies. (Looking for a coupon, pulling out an eye-patch, etc.)

I loved Luigi coming out from behind the sofa! He looks so adorably frightened, like a child. In fact, I really am enjoying the playing-up of Luigi's innocence in this season. He claims he's good at poker and heads off with Wario to be involved in the game, but he doesn't do anything but fold. It's like he wants to be rough n' tough but it's just not in his nature.

Not to mention I also really like what you're doing with Wario's character. He's maturing. Being willing to give up the winnings for Mario and acting sort of like another big brother figure for Luigi. But he's still Wario. Still goofy lovable Wario who still has enough gritty world experience to win a poke tournament.

As for the big poker tournament. I admit that I am fully ignorant as to the rules of poker so the tension that was obviously supposed to be there was lost on me. Instead of trying to figure out if Wario could win or not I was just sitting wait to be informed. Though, I was kinda expecting Wario to cheat. :P

The extra players were fun caricatures, especially the cowboy. Very exaggerate, not very realistic, but that's the point. If they were well constructed/acted characters with no sense of comedy, the whole scene would have been immensely boring for me. (Since I couldn't follow the game I was relying on enjoying the extremes of the characters.) The exchange, "Do I look like I've lost my mind?" ... "Yes." had me laughing out loud.

Doug as the dealer was really fun to watch. His quality of movement was really interesting, a real contrast to Waluigi. Heh heh heh, but he was still wearing purple! :lol: Then him bolting at the end was another laugh out loud moment.

As for the very last scene, if I was Mario I SO would not have answered the door. And I really liked the touch of Snake shaking off his hand after decking Mario.

Overall another amazing episode. They keep getting better and better! And I'm really on the edge of my seat concerning the plot! I'm worried about Snake! I hate having to wait an entire week! Aaaaa!

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 am 
Newcomer

awesome episode! Snake's getting old.... Max Payne is hilarious. Great job! Very funny episode, with lots of suspense...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:17 am 
Newcomer

*Edit* (Typos)
Yay!!! Mario got his money for snake!!! oh wait a sec, Luigi got pulled over by Max and he took the money. Oh boy, poor mario is yet again moneyless for snake. What is he to do now? anyway keeping us foreshadowing and with alot of suspense is awesome, as season 4 heads for the climax its gonna get quite interesting. anyway back to Episode 50, congrats on 50 episodes btw ;D, Luigi said he was a good poker player yet he folded every hand, i wonder he just did that so he didn want to make the other players look bad lol. Then wario thought he had it all but ends up losing till he got that royal flush. I think Matt hilarious when it comes to certain scenes, makes me laugh. and yes they mention powers again. i wonder if its a hint they may find ways to get it back plus snakes money. 1 way to find out. Episode 51 and see what happens. Great Episode RichAlvarez cast, keep it up (: