The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 48
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

"The Case Of The Stolen Junk"

Who Stole the Bananas, Pokeballs, Ds's And Baseball Bat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfGC2MPTc0

I give this episode 10/10 keeps me from getting bored!

More on my thoughts later.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 48
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:24 pm 
Commentator

Great episode! I got REALLY excited when Waluigi sang Defying Gravity.

This episode is pretty much what I wanted; humor, drama briliantly blended. Though near the end Richard did forget to use his Mario voice, but there could of been something behind that I did not get.

Cannot wait for the next episode.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:38 pm 
Greenhorn

Awesome episode guys I hope you have fun making these!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:02 pm 
Freelancer

Mario and Luigi haven't done high illegal stuff yet. Stealing apples, pokéballs, bananas, Ness' bat, Wario and Waluigi's DSes.

Now murder? "Let's see what M. Payne can do," I said.
I think of something to write about M. Payne since his talking of a book is funny. "M. Payne talking like a book is funny!" I laughed.

Wario and Waluigi should recreate Tommy Fungus and the Dungeons again, or join Johnny Mushrooms and the Kingdoms.

Will Mario ever be able to save Snake from growing old and stop Snake from killing him? Can they receive money from the Mafia without getting their selves or anyone else killed? The plot is getting more serious while there's a great mix of comedy in every scene. This might as well be the best Season yet!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:25 pm 
Freelancer

"Lol" I said. I have never played Max Payne. Laughed like crazy at the weird monolog he was doing. "I loved the musical theater battle Wario and Waluigi had." I said, trying to break the tension in the ice. I finally said "I noticed that Mario's voice changed close to the end." Is this natural on that game? Cause this is contagious! "A 10 musical battle out of 10 stolen items" I said.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:05 pm 
Creator

Lady Juse wrote:

This episode is pretty much what I wanted; humor, drama briliantly blended. Though near the end Richard did forget to use his Mario voice, but there could of been something behind that I did not get.

Nope, I just thought it would be funny to break character for the "No Kidding Line" lol I'm trying to sound like Nathan Lane from "The Producers"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 pm 
Newcomer

This episode was awesome! I had no idea Matt and Doug could sing like that! And Julian as Max Payne was hilarious. xD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:43 am 
Freelancer

I love this EP. Like usual GREAT JOB.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 am 
Newcomer

Location: Stopping Ganandorf,Bowser, and Nox Decious From taking over the world
Hmm... interesting but im pretty sure things might not go well later on for Mario and Luigi but i guess i just gotta wait like everyone else :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:20 am 
Fan Girl

This season is awesome!
I don't know who that Payne dude is, but he was funny.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:29 am 
Landsman

This was a great episode!

As much as I liked matt/Doug singing, I feel like after two minutes or so, it got old.

Otherwise, I really liked it. =)

Oh and of course, yay for Julian and Austin. Always.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:21 am 
Newcomer

Location: in a castle kinda far away in the second highest room of the third tallest tower
love it guys i cant wait for the next episode to come out this season has me on the edge of my seat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:00 am 
Commentator

I admit. I tried to say it ten times fast. I didn't get very far. :D

In that scene though, as a filmmaker I might have done some editing back and forth between Snake being present and Gary being present. Just to support the illusion that both characters were there. It's a style though.

No, Mario! Luigi! Don't be bad! Don't steal stuff! Aaaa! *covers her eyes*

Oh man! Sitting there listening to Matt and Doug sing just made me want to hear them for real, like when they're not playing. What amazing talents and voices! All of you guys should seriously do your own musical! Ooo! A musical interactive adventure! ... I'm just getting stupid now, aren't I? :P

Another very minor filmmaker's note. When Mario and Luigi are sneaking toward the car I might have had Chris move a hair faster so as not to get blocked behind Richie. To preserve the composition of the scene.

I really like the conversation in the car. There's a childishness to it, an innocence and naivety that just barely grazes being sad. What's the phrase... Robbing Peter to pay Paul?

"How do you guys feel about murder?" Luigi's face!!! ROFL!

"How are we supposed to pay back Snake if he's dead?" Again the childish naivety that is both funny and sad. I really hope these characters, especially Luigi, never lose that.

And finally, the entire scene with Max Payne had me in stitches! I don't know much about the character but I do know about the genre it's spoofing. I love the external-internal monologue.

Best lines of the episode: "This guy's weird." "No, kidding."

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:55 pm 
Landsman

Richalvarez wrote:
Lady Juse wrote:

Nope, I just thought it would be funny to break character for the "No Kidding Line" lol I'm trying to sound like Nathan Lane from "The Producers"

that was my favorite part!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 pm 
Commentator

This episode seems to show the meaning of the saying "one mans trash another mans treasure" sort of mixed up and reversed XD
Seriously what would the black market want with two dsi/a wii (the most expensive items stolen) A bunch of bananas (Chiquita I assume?)
two dysfunctional pokeballs (did they not know they were dysfunctional and also why are you stealing items from yourself Austin XD) a yoyo and bat (maybe the yo yos an antique...but the bat you could buy at a sword for like swenty dollars) And why not Apples? I mean Richie speaks so highly of them XD

Okay so now that's out of the way lets get down to the episode itself. Definitely the best in the season thus far. This may be due to the near absence of fart jokes/toilet humor. May also be a number of other things such as:

The overall flow between scenes. While this at first looked like it was going to be another random episode jumping from one place to another the clips in this one seemed to flow a bit more then in the previous two episodes. "The plot thickens" how true that is as we begin to see a little more of the plot in this episode. (no need to elaborate really)

There are three scenes that stand out: (In chronological order)

The sing off between Wario and Waluigi. This was AMAZING! A lot of fans were surprised by how well both Matt and Doug can sing. For others its not that surprising considering both their histories (Matt and Doug have both done musical theater in the past as is shown if you just look around) I almost wanted to sing along with them but held myself back. I couldn't stop from laughing at their absolute expressiveness with each song while still remaining partially in character. (This is the kind of thing you generally only catch a glimpse of at anime conventions) It. Was. Epic.

The next scene was the one between Mario and Luigi in the car. As commented on already it was interesting to see the two having a real discussion with each other. (Rather than in previous seasons where Luigi just kind of agreed with everything Mario said) Luigi is kind of the voice of reason in this scene. Mario on the other hand is just trying to find a way out of the predicament he's in. It really shows how loyal Luigi is to Mario that he even came this far. The two look more and more like brothers as the season is starting to progress.

I'm still trying to figure out around 5:47 what Luigi says... can anyone help me out?

The final priceless scene shows Julian with a new character that I somehow think just fits his character. Never having played the game myself I don't get the whole narration thing but it does remind me of old "detective films". There are two really great lines in this scene: "They looked confused...probably stupid." and the break of character people keep talking about "No kidding." Questions about this scene:
First what room is that being filmed in?
Second HOW MANY HAIR STYLES IS JULIAN GOING TO GO THROUGH?! XD

That's it. In the end this episode gets a 10/10 clichés!