The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 47
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Episode 47 - "Poke-Drawls"

What Happens To A Pokemon Master Who Can No Longer Master Pokemon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoFUpfE_mfQ

Discuss below!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers = Episode
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:54 pm 
Mediate

Gah!!! I missed seeing Austin and Julian act together xD The episode in my opinion was actually pretty good, the ending wasn't as sudden as the last one. Can't wait to see the next episode. (^^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:05 pm 
Intermediate

Ahh, Episode 47. Still really funny. And it had the Mafia. Which is also really funny.

To start off....toilet humor.

Richie. Yes. You probably are just disgusting. But I have some constructive criticism on making the toilet humor better. My main concern is the audio clip used for the farting.

See, it sounds too much like Fat Jerkface from Austin Powers just ate the entire Bush's baked beans factory and let loose a wind greasier than he is. I believe that it should be more explosive and dry sounding, or more of a squeaker. Right now, it has too many different sounds overlapping, and it ruins the humor of the fart. The one with Ness worked well, but Wario's not so much.

Secondly, the game of scrabble. It wasn't finished, not by a long shot. GRRR! THE RAGE!
The word played was only 6 points, and there aren't enough S's in the game to have both Wario and Waluigi hold 2 S's in their racks WHILE 2 S's were already on the board. On a side note, A**hole is a word, while Dumba** is not. Official Scrabble Dictionary.

Those were my grievances.

Anything not mentioned above was awesome, which is everything else, including but not limited to the following:
-The Mafia
-Gary + Brock's "Pokemon" duel
-Everyone yelling at Mario
-Luigi chatting with Ness
-The 'long grass' Brock traveled through

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 47
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 pm 
Freelancer

Wow, it was nice to get an episode early out lol. It made my day better. I liked it, it was pretty funny. I like the fact Brock got his fro back, I always thought that was funny. Then the mafia guy was pretty funny too (I figured out it said "MAFIA" before it said "MAFIA" lol). Overall, a pretty good episode.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:53 pm 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
you know... now i dont speak for everyone but i know for me personaly getting more into the rutine of the new season and getting used to seeing episodes again... i think i am much more tollerant of the toilet humor in this one... actually i was laughing quite a bit at it.

as for the episode itself i really loved it and as i see that the humor is still there but you are still casually working with story i think this just may be the coming of the best season yet. so cant wait to see more

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm 
Landsman

Fantastic follow-up to the season premiere. It had great humor (toilet or otherwise) great acting (perhaps the best in the series), and a casual plot development, the perfect makings of a great season!

plasticmanticor wrote:
To start off....toilet humor.

Richie. Yes. You probably are just disgusting. But I have some constructive criticism on making the toilet humor better. My main concern is the audio clip used for the farting.

See, it sounds too much like Fat Jerkface from Austin Powers just ate the entire Bush's baked beans factory and let loose a wind greasier than he is. I believe that it should be more explosive and dry sounding, or more of a squeaker. Right now, it has too many different sounds overlapping, and it ruins the humor of the fart. The one with Ness worked well, but Wario's not so much.

Secondly, the game of scrabble. It wasn't finished, not by a long shot. GRRR! THE RAGE!
The word played was only 6 points, and there aren't enough S's in the game to have both Wario and Waluigi hold 2 S's in their racks WHILE 2 S's were already on the board. On a side note, A**hole is a word, while Dumba** is not. Official Scrabble Dictionary.

I think quite the opposite to your opinon about the toilet humor. This time around, it was actually funny! Especially Wario's fart, or rather Waluigi's spazz-attack episode :lol: . Ness's was... a bit pooly timed, but it would've been better to just skip over the fact that he farted in the diologue like it never happened. I would ease into the jokes; they're funny, but most fans don't seem to expect humor like that. That's the only reason this is an issue of discussion

And I think you're being a little a lot too nitt-picky about the scrabble scene. I :lol:ed at the fact that waluigi actually put down "a**" as a word, then when they revealed their racks, it was a really funny joke that was worth bending the laws of Scrabble. (I might add that just because "dumba**" was in Waluigi's rack, that does not mean it was put down as a word in the game, or that it even has to be an real word at all.) It was a funny joke, that's all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:41 pm 
Freelancer

Waluigi, Gary, and Brock are back! One question, why did Waluigi and Walgina broke up? There has to be more than him wearing purple, cause she wore purple too! I choose you, grass/rock was funny, but their pokeballs never work. Funny use of the word Mafia. Is Mario and Luigi going to kill more people for money? Can't wait. I think Ness tried a bit too hard on that try. Good job guys! 10 "I've been in Australia" out of "Wwwwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyy?" 10.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:18 am 
Commentator

This episode was better than the last and about 10 times as funny XD There are some classic moments in this one. The duos I really enjoyed were (in order of appearance more or less)

Wario and Waluigi- These two are so much like brothers and make a great acting duo. Waluigis humor is more subtle then Warios but their characters blend really well. It was funny to see them fight a bit this time. Shows that Waluigi (unlike Luigi whos still kinda following in the shadow of Mario) has really taken on his own persona and isnt afraid to show Wario up XD Scrabble. Brings friends together and creates topics of conversation.

One thing about the first scene. While I do love Matt and Dougs delivery of the lines it seemed to go by really fast not like a regular conversation....too scripted. The facial expressions were a little less than usual but then again I suppose it was meant to be a serious scene.
Overall it just didnt quite measure up to the previous episodes opening.

Next duo is: Brock and DK. It was good to see the two band managers reunited. DKs entrance was probably my favorite and the whole "Your girlfriend died...that SUUUUUUCKS" was delivered well. Spoken like a true friend Brock.(Tell me just how many girlfriends HAVE YOU had Mr Brock?) DKs character seems to be gaining more depth in this season and now is officially Brocks "best buddy" (replacing Ash)

Brock and Gary. I have to admit. This was the duo that stole the show this episode! Julian and Austin just have a great chemistry when acting together. Cant say much more than they are ABSOLUTLY HILARIOUS TOGETHER! The trailer spoiled the rock vs grass thing a bit but it was still funny XD

My favorite scene was of Wario and Waluigis scrabble scene. It was just priceless although I agree with Plastic partially that the scrabble game was NOT finished yet. There was still plenty of space on that board! XD Ah well.

9/10 scrabble tiles!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 am 
Commentator

Nice dolly zooms in the showdown between Gary and Brock. And the moment when they're both yelling at once is very well done. Very amusing! You know though, I was really hoping Mario was going to say, "Can't you guys just, you know, duke it out with your fists?"

Ness looked like he was going to give himself an aneurysm.

The exchange between Snake and Mario is gold. So is Luigi teasing Mario. Between that and Luigi catching Mario to stop him going after Wario (which is in my mind the funniest moment in the entire episode) I can't help but think they're acting more like brothers than they ever have before. Love that! Also, I can't help but mention the comic beauty of the shot over Wario's shoulder of Gary and Brock throwing things at each other.

The noise Waluigi makes as he storms away in frustration is genius!

"Well it doesn't matter [that you ended up in a shoot out, killed eight people, and developed selective amnesia]. You lost your plumbing license." ROFL! And Richie's delivery of the line, "The mafia!? Oh, gee!" is priceless.

"Wanna join the mafia?" No! Oh, no! Mario, Luigi! Don't do it! Aaaaaaaaa!

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:18 am 
Commentator

Guys, everythign in the Scabble scene is just rule of funny

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:31 am 
Freelancer

Joining the Mafia? Who knows what will happen to them.

Gary and Brock are the best when they are rivals.

I knew Ness was going to fart after attempting to use his psychic abilities.

No doubt when Waluigi tries to get along, Wario shuts him down.

"MARIO!"

Great episode, keep the next ones full of awesomeness.

Last edited by Nitsua94 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:48 am 
Fan Girl

Hahaha. The MAFIA bro was amazing!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:56 pm 
Co-Creator

Just finished reading all of your comments up to this point, thanks for the detailed feedback everyone! Seems like the general consensus is a thumbs up for Episode 47. ^_^

PS: Adam, when do I get to read your review?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:40 pm 
Freelancer

I loved this episode. Brock and Gary essentially stole the show.

The toilet humour was much more funnier and it was nice to see Luigi and Ness talk together.

Overall Fantastic Ep,

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm 
Intermediate

@Richsponge:
Firstly, I was laughing...well, my a** off when Ness and Wario farted in the episode. The concept is hilarious. Its just that I disagree with the sound file used in Wario's farts. I feel that it should be more homogenized in sound

Secondly, my Scrabble comment was partially sarcastic. Again, I thought the scene was hilarious. It just annoyed me slightly that established international rules weren't observed in the scene. On a side note, which character played 'Numah'? Because the other player should have challenged it. Its not a word either :P

@SuperBanjo
Yes, thumbs up is a simple way of saying it. I apologize if my review did not seem that way, but the list of minor grievances is FAR shorter than the list of completely and thoroughly awesome aspects of the episode and series in general, and therefore would be easier to type up.

@No one in general.
I give the episode 10/10 "chosen" rocks. It's just awesome. Period. Thats StMB for you.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true