The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 46
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:23 pm 
Creator

Episode 46 - "Death is Like A Box of Chocolates"

After almost 2 years since the conclusion of Season 3, Stupid Mario Brothers returns to its 'weekly episode' roots. Welcome to Season 4.

(PS: No delays, we're early this time!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHOuw5fWtnI

We would love to hear your thoughts on the episode! Tell us what you liked, what you disliked, and anything else you might want to share! We take time to read your feedback, so don't be shy!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 46
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:29 pm 
Freelancer

Awesome! I haven't watched it yet but I'll watch it later tonight.
Good thing you made a warning for those who jump to Season 4 before the previous seasons, movie, OBS, and Interactive Adventure.

Good luck editing the rest of the episodes!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm 
Newcomer

HUZZAH!! the long awaited day is finally here! well, I started watching about a year ago so it wasnt that long for me but it was still kinda long.. but atleast thoose interactive adventures were able to help me along the wait

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 am 
Veteran

I though it was great, but I just didn't like the toilet humor and the ending seemed really abrupt. Everything else was good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:48 am 
Novice

I miss the openings...an for my type...the constant breaking the forth wall was annoying...and also I was wondering if the seriousness would ever return

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:18 am 
Fan Girl

I didn't liked the toilet humor either, but besides that, this is the best episode I've seen in a very long time, since the days of S1. Keep it up!!

PS: I thought it's funny that many fans were exited 'bout Pauline and she dies, LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:29 am 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
going with everyone else... toilet humor was not needed

and i believe the fighting scene between Wario and Mario was very well done. in the past things were so choppy and much to... fake wrestling like. this time around much more professionally done. not the greatest but defiantly better than times past. onto the pauline issue... WHAT THE CRAP! bring her into the show then kill her! gah! frustration... frustration... frustration...

very much worth the wait in the long run and cant wait for the rest of the season

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:26 am 
Freelancer

It was well excuted
Spoiler:
WHY DID PAULINE DIE!? WHY? WHY? :notawesome: The character I requested is dead!

Good episode, can't wait for the next!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:09 am 
Newcomer

Good to see you all back and going Rich! And i know its been said enough so i wont say anything about the bathroom humor. Overall 46 was a great fun to watch! When i went on youtube and saw it was up early i was quite happy to see so! Of course what i enjoyed most was the awesomeness that is Matt haha. Cant wait to see how the rest of the season turns out and who will show up!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:07 am 
Commentator

It was all very good made & for me it was on time since it is 28 January over here! Hehe! I think it's bad indeed to kill Pauline since the first episode! But I'll go along with it!
I also loved the beginning were Wario interupts the narrator! And the fight at the beginning was confusing, but I knew they would mention the lost powers!

Great job!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:38 am 
Landsman

I thought it was okay, but before people rage and be "RAWR BE TEH THNKFL OR IL KIL UU!", I'm sure Richie put a lot of work into it, and that I appreciate.

Here's my pluses/minuses about it:

+: Season 1 humour
+: DK being back
+: The whole fight at the beginning
+: the vulgarity thing.. some reason, that made me LOL really hard..

-: Toilet humor.. not really my thing
-: Accents seemed a lot different this time, like they weren't there much..
-: Flow of episode, even comedy can have a valid plot / flow to it, but I felt like things were all over the place...unless this was suppposed to be kind-of like a sitcom, then it was done just fine XD

Bottom line: I really did enjoy this episode, it just wasn't a big fav of mine. Please don't take my criticisms too harshly, I'm just trying to state how I feel. I am excited to see what else is to come!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 am 
Commentator

I haven't laughed so hard since I moved back to college! Oh man! But okay, break down of the episode! Don't want to harp but I must throw in my vote, the toilet/fart humor was unpleasant. Everything else was great in my opinion! The fight at the beginning was beautiful. Yes, I mean beautiful. The head-butting looked a little fake but everything else was so well choreographed I applaud you! Especially the dodges. (Matt's dodge was priceless. :lol: )

"Super Mario? Well, I'm sorry Mario, but without your powers you're just a plumber." This line struck me as funny but also I felt some depth to it too. The way Mario reacted, just turning and walking away, I found that actually a little on the powerful side. Especially combined with the visual contrast in the beginning of the flamboyant action with the dreariness of everyday life. As a fan of the serious stuff, I'm happy that we're getting a little bit of angst over the loss of the powers.

Heh heh! Luigi's so naive!

Julian is such a great actor. Love the seriousness he brings to the role. "I didn't make sure he was dead." No, you didn't Snake. You punched him in the face and walked away. lol.

The exchange between Wario and Luigi about the use of language has to be one of my favorite parts of the episode. It's insightful and amusing and has a hint of truth to it. Not to mention that if you pause right at the end you get a really funny picture. :lol:

Wow, Pauline is predatory... Going behind one boyfriends back to pick up another boy, specifically one she already ditched. I must say, I don't feel any special sorrow that her character seems to have bit the dust. (Or the chocolate. :P) So, Richie, expressing frustration at relationship troubles, are we?

Last note, is it just me or is Snake just sucking on that cigarette? I mean, he hard ever like, takes a drag. Not that I'm complaining, I figure it's a good thing it doesn't look terribly realistic, it just struck me as a little amusing.

Overall a fun episode and I'm ecstatic that the season has begun! And kudos, Richie, for getting the episode up early! That meant I could actually participate in the forum discussions and stuff that ensued. I'm really looking forward to what all you guys have in store this season!

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 am 
Commentator

If I had to rate the episode I would give it a 7/10.

The reason for this? Richie cant you see the majority of fans just arent into the toilet humor? Its disgusting and unnecassary. Plus the whole bit with Snake (minus the part of Liquid coming back which actually makes sense LOL) was just generally...how do I put this...wrong. I was really sad to
Spoiler:
Kill OFF
the first new character you get. This and that whole moment seemed a little "sticky" as if it doesnt quite fit. Then again this is only the first episode.

Okay so enough of the negative heres some positive things I found with this episode: The opening. This was brilliantly done and a wonderful way to introduce the new season. (Richalvarez breaking the fourth wall on so many levels since 2008!) Reminded me of Warios confrontation of Richie in "A richalvarez christmas carol" but also was unique. Was this one of the things based on the shows you mentioned earlier? I thought the whole "your mother was an ox" was kind of a random joke referance that I just didnt get... (still the delivery between Matt and Richie was HILARIOUS! What can you expect from the king of comedy?)

Next came the dream sequence. I have to say the first time I was watching it the first thing that popped into my mind was "PLOTHOLE!!" Then of course it got to the end and it was all a dream. (bittersweet feeling) But anyway the sequence itself was quite good. I didnt mind the fart humor here because coming from Matt it was actually pretty well delivered XD

But that wasnt what gave this sequence its real flare. That came when Mario started to shoot fireballs at Wario and they both "danced" around them like they were nothing. It added humor to the scene and the witty exchange between characters at the end of the scene was quite well written. I especially liked the line "More complicated like what? LIKE THIS?" again that line was brilliant (sorry youll probably see me complimenting Matt alot...still I bet Richalvarez found himself trying to hold back from laughing at times too)

One more thing to note here is the incredible new graphics! The fireballs seemed so much more "light" in color and the beam swords somewhat more realistic. This was alot more "high definition" then previous videos. The colors were bright and stood out almost as if the audience could be "part of the action."

So beyond the opening other parts I liked: Luigis little bit about selling the mansion. (I thought this was an interesting way to solve the question of "what did he do with it?") I dont think Luigi is as much an idiot as well just trying to be pratical. However one thing there Luigi how long do you think those flash drives will last? Eventually our computers will become far to advanced for the use of flash drives and there will be no choice but to trade those in to the museum for cash! :D

Also the Wario/Luigi exchange while short was very sweet. I think that Richalvarez must really dislike wii bowling as this is the second time he has mentioned how "bad" it is in a video. (the first being in Good Video Games) Hey maybe its not Wario or Mario maybe its just the fact that Luigi (or Chris I guess) is actually a brilliant bowler and you guys cant compare to him XD Just saying.

So thats the end of my little review. Overall as I said it wasnt THAT bad but it wasnt exactly awesome either. It had some BRILLIANT moments but some of them were overshadowed by the more negative stuff. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 am 
Tyro

Great start off with the first episode of season 4 excellent job on the video can't wait for the next episode to come out.
I also did like the great detail in the editing with the fireballs and beamswords well done on that.

Thats all I have to say thanks for the great video.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:29 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I really liked the episode! It was great! Just didn't really like the toilet humor. Like most of the people who posted a comment before me. But beside that great episode! Can't wait for the next episode!!!

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.