The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 46
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 am 
Fan Girl

I really love this sitcom-like format.
Another thing I forgot to mention is that the title fits perfectly for the episode and for the season: you never know what ya gonna get!

I hope Pauline comes back. It would be funny to see her come back out of nowhere and have Mario and DK fight for her a little, like in the arcades, haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:19 pm 
Novice

Great start to the long-awaited fourth season. I didn't mind the jokes about Wario farting, since that's something the actual character does, but I did think the part with Snake was a bit over the top.

One thing I liked that doesn't seem to be getting much attention here is Bowser's letter. While we don't find out what it actually said, I thought all the writing on the envelope was a nice detail. Especially when it's only onscreen for a few seconds and most people probably won't read it anyway.

The fight at the beginning was awesome. I was surprised you worked one in so early in the season, especially when after the way you talked in the past I'd gotten the impression there wouldn't be any in season 4 at all.

Pauline was great. A bit sad to see her go so soon. My biggest complaint about the other female characters you've had on the show is that they were all either flat (no, not that kind of flat) like Peach and Walgina, or just irrelevant like Daisy or the dance instructor. Of course, with Samus and Zelda being the only noteworthy female Nintendo characters, I guess that's to be expected. Still, I wish she had stuck around longer, she was actually pretty entertaining compared to some of her predecessors.

I always thought it was weird how easily everyone adapted to losing their powers, so I'm glad that's become something of a plot point this season.

Overall a good episode, definitely worth the time spent waiting for it. Hopefully the rest of the season will be just as good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09 pm 
Novice

All and all I thought it was hilarious, I loved it. I really liked the part where Mario brings up Warios relationship with Mona that made me laugh really hard. I agree also that the first fight scene was very well put together. The only thing that I can think of that I was kinda disappointed on was Pauline. I thought that it would have been nice to see Mario and Paulines relationship develop more. I don't know if she is coming back or not, but I think that that would add some more drama to the show. Throwing in some sort of relationship trouble thing. I dont know. Anyways keep up the good work you guys are awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:36 pm 
Cast Member: Snake

If you guys hate toilet humor, then you're going to hate the next episode when I eat poop and smear it on my face while throwing it at Mario's face and then swimming in a diarrhea fountain..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm 
Veteran

I really hope you are joking, Julian, I really hope you are, because that really seems like a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:08 pm 
Newcomer

I really enjoyed this episode! The way you started it in was really awesome and I loved the exchange about vulgarities between Wario and Luigi. I'm really excited to see how you follow it up!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:31 pm 
Novice

I thought it was a great way to start off the new season, and I loved the sitcom vibe it seemed to have.

I will agree with... well, almost everyone, and say that the toilet humor was a bit... gross and unnecessary, but it was excusable.

I laughed a bit at how Luigi and Wario were going to go bowling, and it was just Wii Sports Bowling.

Overall, pretty good episode. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Season.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:31 pm 
Novice

I don't know hat you're all talking about but, the toilet humor was hilarious. I give it a 10/11 Foxhound Medical Chocolate Boxes because Mario stole one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:32 pm 
Landsman

It was a really great episode! I was worried for a moment it would turn into a dating series, but I'm glad it turned out for the best, er, as far as death goes.

I think the best part was when Mario went to the mailbox in the begining. nostalgia!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:33 pm 
Freelancer

Thanks for releasing it on my birthday. I saw it late that night and laughed so hard. I would call this episode "Mario's Bad Day". You know, a day where nothing seems to go right. First, Mario was rejected by Pauline after he finds out she is dating Donkey Kong, with a new look. He then finds out Luigi and Wario are going to go bowling, on the Wii while having a conversation about Wario saying the word @$$. Finally, he ends up killing Pauline by giving her a box of chocolates that he stole from Snake, which the chocolates were made for only Snake. I about cried when Wario farted in Mario's face. That was the funniest thing I saw cause that is exactly how he fights in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And can anyone say season three illness returns? If you don't know what I mean by that, Otacon had the same thing Snake had. Over all, 10 "PAULINE IS DEAD!" out of 10.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 pm 
Newcomer

OMG that episode was hilarious!!!!!!!!! I just finished watching it. I still say episode 44 is still my favorite but this is pretty high up there. The whole time I was watching the begining I was like 'I thought they lost their powers!?!?!?!?!?!?!'. Oh and my favorite part was when Pauline died!!! She was anoying. I cheared when she died!!!!!!!!!!

Forever a fan girl of MGS....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:24 pm 
Novice

Nice!!!!!!!!!

First off, I would just like to say that this episode was really great. The dream sequence threw me off at first (like a lot of other viewers, lol), and that was actually really well done. The fight = epic win (loved the new punch/fireball sound effects!). They were a lot more realistic in look and movement.

About the farting section: I don't really understand why people are disgusted by it. Kamek "blew it up" quite a bit in Act 2 of the Movie, and I found that hilarious! I guess that's just my opinion; it's probably just because it was so early into the season to crack a joke like that, but whatever.

The Pauline bit was funny! However, I don't think she's dead. Thinking about it now, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, just maybe, DK is trying to catch Mario in a trap. Think about it: in "Donkey Kong," Mario never used powers, so they can have, like, a fistfight or something over Pauline. The reason I say Pauline may not be dead is for two reasons: one, why introduce then kill off a character in one episode?, and two, DK was the one that told Mario. To me, this would lead up to, how I was saying, a trap or something. That's my opinion.

Overall, great episode! I hope to see an opening for this season, though. And maybe the classic "Pleeeeeease subscribe!" joke. Great premiere! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 pm 
Middling

Location: Somewhere... known as.... *Before I say ask yourself do you really even care? No? Didn't think so.*
Ok to start of I was fine with the toilet humor. wouldn't laugh at it but wasn't going to gag over it. It's not going to kill anyone.
And to continue I love the new sound effects they are epic win. The episode was hilarious and the fight was amazing. I Rofled at the fart joke and thought how amazing it was that you used Wario's most comedic move. The Pauline is dead part was the high p[oint of the episode for me because of how unexpected it was. It was enough to make me happy in the morning. And that is really tough. I gotta say this was a great kick off for a great season... 8/10 epic dreams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 pm 
Freelancer

Absolutely great job, Richie. I loved it! I loved the dream sequence at the beginning and I thought what the letter said was hilarious! I also noticed the more vibrant special effects and sounds... was it all because it was just a dream?!? Then I guess we'll find out eventually! I would assume that the echoing sound effects aren't going to be a staple since it was a dream after all. They sounded great though! I didn't mind the toilet humor either, it doesn't bug me. I may be 16, but I'm a 5 year old at heart! It definitely took me by surprise when Pauline died, I didn't know whether to laugh or feel for her. Although, her character was kinda mean, but I hate the fact that she died too. Stupid inner conflict lol. Anyways, great job on the episode, and I can't wait for next Friday!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 pm 
Newcomer

For me, the funniest part of the episode was Wario's fart and Mario's reaction.

Wario: "That's right Mario, smell my dominance!"

:lol:

For Snake's diarrhea part, the sound effect with an image of the toilet's door wasn't necessary, just seeing Snake running to the toilet because of diarrhea was funny... But... is it me or the sound effect of Snake's diarrhea and the Underground Theme music in the next scene have a similar sounding? :o

Otherwise, it was a great episode, some small technical mistakes in the shooting/editing, but nothing terrific. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next