The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: SMB The Movie: Act II Part 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:31 pm 
Commentator

Edit: Ok, begin the discussion!

And now the conclusion of SMB the movie... (and unless they decide to return to the series sometime in the future, the conclusion of the series.)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyrgYXw39-c&feature=sub

I give this 10/10 satisfying endings.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: SMB The Movie: Act II Part 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:08 am 
Commentator

What the post above says now that the edit has been added.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:10 am 
Commentator

nice simple ending...tieing up the ends, but keeping loose

10/10 lols in the credits (a name of a donater, say each name in your head...)

Thanks ML!

Last edited by Lady Juse on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 am 
Commentator

Not really much to say on this seeing as it was only about 2 and a half minutes of footage and you can't really comment on the names of the credits....

Well, epic conclusion, and... Its hard to put much commentary into this. Nice...names?

I like the ending!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 am 
Newcomer

I'm just wondering if this means that SMB is over?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 am 
Co-Creator

We hid some fake names in the credits. If you look closely, you'll spot some of them. See how many you can find. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:41 am 
Commentator

Mangobored
Supernerd Steve
MonsterMower
HolyGrail56
WhatATwist
ByeMyLiege
BearInTheButt?

That's all I could find.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:26 am 
Newcomer

woooot honorable mention!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:33 am 
Role Player

Snake and Ness's scene made me laugh. I found that Mario, Wario, and Luigi standing in front of the mailbox was symbolic. all the way from episode one - ACT II part 7 It has done its part in becoming a location.

And the music seemed to be a great song to go with the credits, and yes true to my word (somewhere on here) I clapped.

10/10 for awesome endings.

Richie, Chris, and the rest of the gang thanks for taking the wheel in an awesome adventure, flooring it into greatness, and no turning back. I'm ready for a second ride whenever you guys are. Live long and prosper guys (and girls). :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:33 pm 
Tyro

Ah, the conclusion. Well, there's not much to say. It kind of made me sad, until I read the little note Richie made in the description about POSSIBLY continuing the series. Anyway, I liked seeing them all by the mailbox again. It really was cool to see how far they had all come from Season One. I don't care if it takes months, or even a year to make more episodes, I will always be ready to continue to watch Stupid Mario Brothers.
-Beasta234-

P.S. I actualy caught some of the secret names in the credits, but I thought they were people's screen names Ex: MangoBored and MonsterMower. AND WHAT ABOUT OPERATION BLIND STORM??????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 pm 
Newcomer

I thought part 7 was a nice ending to the movie. It kinda left some stuff open just in case they decide to contenue the series. Also I think there might be hintting at a spinoff with Snake and Ness called OPERATION BLIND STORM. I like how Mario, Luigi and Wario was back at the mailbox.the series started at the mailbox and with thoes 3 so it should end there and with them as well. If this is indeed the end, then I want to thank Richie and the whole SMB crew for their hard work over the year making the series enjoyable to watch. All that hard work shows in this movie and in the series as a whole. If it's not then I can't wait to see what other adventures await Mario and the others. whatever y'all decide to do I will be watching. y'all have made a life long fan out of me so I'll be watching every video you post on youtube till you decide to stop. I only have one last thing to say and that's it's been an Awesome ride....oh..and
20 DOLLARS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm 
Commentator

I really, really, really loved this ending. It feels so hopeful.

Tim and Julian made me laugh. I think Snake and Ness would make good friends.

The dialog between Wario, Mario, and Luigi had that excellent dose of sentimentality that I know I at least was hoping for. The play off of the "What do you want to do now, Mario?" joke was a really nice touch as it (like the mailbox) brought the show full circle. Also, the whole idea of staying and facing the future head-on really matches that theme of growing up that has persisted throughout the whole show. Basically ... yeah, the dialog was a tiny bit cheesy in places but I feel that it had its place. That scene is an amazing ending and it did such a good job of bringing an emotional conclusion to the story.

In a way, the ending of a story is one of the most critical pieces in that without a satisfying ending the whole story is left hanging. That's why I'm so happy that, for me, this was a very satisfying ending. I love it! Thank you, boys, for a hopeful end to an amazing journey!

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 pm 
Middling

I loved how it ended!! 10/10 for the whole act 2!! I love how like in the beginning of everything and the end of everything it is at the mailbox!! I would just like to say thanks to Richie and everyone else for the most rockn' thing to ever hit youtube!! i loved it!! and hope to see it again in the future!! :D ♥

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm 
Newcomer

Location: In front of my computer watching Stupid Mario Brothers
It was a really nice ending. I liked it a lot!
As I've said before, I'm a bit sad to see the series go.
It'd be great if they continued the series, but they'd have to be very careful, because they could easily mess it up.

Anyways, SMB rules and it's movie was awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 pm 
Newcomer

Eh, don't really know if I can even rate it, as there was only 1 and a half minutes of actual footage. But I expected that, so.

It almost seemed... I dunno, anticlimactic? I should probably just watch them all together some time.

-----

Because this was the end, I think I'll go ahead and rate the entire movie at once:

I give it 8/10.

I rated it simply according to how much I enjoyed it.

In my opinion, the First Act was SMB's finest work. I LOVED Bowser, the song parodies, return of old characters and new ones... pretty much everything except Yoshi. (sorry, lol)
I give the First Act 10/10.

The Second Act, while still enjoyable, was more painful to watch. Reasons: as soon as you get into the whole "Epic Battles, storylines, Merlin and other stuff", I think you lose the uniqueness of StupidMarioBros. You could almost replace the characters with entirely different characters and it wouldn't matter, because the entire act was driven by the intense storyline. So, while the storyline was great and well-written, it wasn't suited for SMB and so failed for the most part.
The Battles were still intense and well-directed, so I give it 6/10.

Total: 8/10.

Good Job, Richie and crew!! I know a lot of work was put into these, and I think you definitely deserve the fan-base you have!