The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: SMB The Movie: Act II Part 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:30 pm 
Greenhorn

HE'SSSS BACK! THE DARKNESS IS BACK!! :twisted: WOW Such an EPIC Part, Very good conclusion Richard. I really do look forward to Part 6 :awesome: 9001/10 (This is me playing the Darkness) I AM COMING FOR YOU WARIO! I'M BACK!!! :grr:

Don't look behind you. By the time you look around, you'll
be dead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 am 
Middling

And just when you thought everything was okay, BOOM! Act II Part 5 ISN'T the end, and guess who's back? You guessed it!

10/10 Didn't see that coming(s)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:43 am 
Newcomer

I give it a 10/10. I loved the orchestra music from Zelda: Ocarina of Time that was added in. I was excited to see who coconut really was. I had no idea he was going to be a sage. Great job and can't wait for part 6!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 am 
Novice

Okay, so my initial reaction was to come here and type up some "ZOMG DARKNESS IS BACK THAT WAS AWESOME" post, but I have managed to restrain myself and will try to type up a legit review.

I thought the intro was good -for some reason, watching Mario change back to his regular hat really helped to show that the battle (or his battle, anyway) was over.

Not much to say on Coconut -I figured he was going to be some random character and not someone we actually knew. And I agree it would have been funnier if he was just a coconut, but I guess he needed some progression as the story advanced.

Mixed feelings about Link coming back. On one hand, I'm happy that my favorite character made it out alive. On the other, things really aren't much different because the actor is still leaving. He's just gone instead of dead.

It was good to see Waluigi again, and I'm glad you were able to work him in to the storyline instead of just having him show up and say hi. Still, not telling Wario how to destroy the Darkness before he left seems like a pretty big toss me right round, baby up on his part. Meh, maybe Merlin wasn't clear that that's what the spell was for and Waluigi assumed it could wait or something like that.

And of course, the Darkness. Not only is the series' best villain (just my opinion, no offense to Matt or Chris :P) back in the ring, we're getting at least one more part out of it. Win-win scenario!

Overall I'd definitely give this a 10/10. It was an excellent part and I'm glad to hear we've got another one coming. This one did raise an intriguing question, though: Were you planning on resurrecting Link/the Darkness all along, or was it something you decided to do when you reshot Part 5? I'm guessing at least the Darkness was reshot, since your hair seemed different in that last scene.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 am 
Middling

And just like that, the entire part happened just as I expected it to.
I knew, if this wasn't going to be the end, that the darkness would be revived, it was just a small idea I thought of though, so I was still suprised. Also just as I predicted from part 1, Link was revived, I can only wonder what's in store next. I think the movie is ending at part 6, and the darkness revived is just there if Richard ever begins the series again, but the chances that this is true are around 40%.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:26 am 
Newcomer

This part was great, Seeing who the Coconut was surprised me, The lip movements didn't match the voice(Now I know that its Richie who's doing the voice) seeing the Darkness again was also surprising but quite relieving seeing as it creates a plot for Season 4/Whatever's after Act 2. That Ash and Gary part was hilarious, would like to see more similar things like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 am 
Mediate

Gott verdammt, I should've thought more about the Darkness lacking those wonderful destroyable organs humans have.
No foreseeable Mr. L comebacks, oh well. Go Ash! Show that grampa's boy who's the better trainer!
Waluigi coming back was awesome, hope it isn't just a once scene thing. Probably isn't.
I give it 10/10 Early Morning Rambles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:20 pm 
Commentator

WHOA! Plot twists! Didn't see that coming! I was going to read to my little sister while the rest of the family watched a movie. But then I saw Part 5 was out. So my little sister and I ditched the book and watched Part 5 instead.

That first scene with Mario and Luigi was very visually beautiful. Very well done cinematographically. I liked how, once they walked away, the white hat was visible sitting on the stump. Still, I cannot help but wish the scene had been longer, that there had been more touching dialog between the brothers. But that's probably just 'cause I'm a girl and I like touching dialog. :P

The coconut thing was really interesting. The dubbing was a tiny bit distracting but Sage's story was interesting. I really liked the shot, after he walked away, when Wario put his hands in his hips and shook his head. It was a nice touch. As a side note, I'd be very interested to know who plays Sage? I'm gonna hazard a guess and say he's a related to Richie.

Link is back from the dead! Yay! The setting sun in the shot was gorgeous. A beautiful illustration of a completion, an ending. In fact, this whole scene was done amazingly well. Richie's performance in combination with Kent's made for a very touching ending to Link's story. When Mario saw Link he seemed so happy and child-like. But when Link told him he was leaving, that “Huh?” response of Mario's was brilliant. He looked like a disappointed/confused little boy. There seems to be a reoccurring theme in StMB of growing up, of facing the difficulties and disappointments in life. The characters continually revert to childishness and silliness, as if in emotional defense, and then sudden seriousness takes hold again and the laughter dies. I, personally, love it.

Speaking of childishness, the Gary and Ash scene had me in stitches! And my little sister was laughing so hard it was hard to hear the dialog. Julian's sobbing was that perfect balance of almost believable and yet outrageous. Then the shoving Gary off of the bench was too funny! I think I almost feel sorry for Gary.

Poor Waluigi though! He comes back just to be yelled at by Merlin and to discover that he may have, mistakenly, done something horrible. I hope he gets to be involved in making it right.

The Darkness is back too! Oh man, what a brilliant scene. The way the camera kept disorientingly spinning really emphasized the insanity of the character. A nice move on your part though, Richie, bringing back everybody's favorite villain. I cannot wait to see what fight scenes lie ahead with the Darkness!

Edit: 500th post!

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 pm 
Newcomer

I was very glad with Part V. 10 / 10.

I was happy for the random comic relief of Gary & Ash, I love how Richie still puts in some comedy with the serious-ness. Heck, even the Darkness is a fun guy... when he's talking to himself. I personally prefer the Darkness to Nox Dexious (Yes, I can't spell), because I like insanity over the pure evil.

Anywho, glad that Link got more closure, and of course, the epic plot twist.

Now I just wonder when it ends. o_O

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:33 pm 
Newcomer

Ok so, I thought it was good. It gets 9/10 from me.

I loved that Waluigi came back. That made the video for me!
The coconut was, meh... glad that's wrapped up, anyway.
The little exchange with Ash and Gary was funny, but it just kinda made me hate Ash even more! :P
Ok, so I was ticked off that Link left. :( He was one of my favorites.

As far as the whole Darkness Returning thing..... why, Rich?? I mean, it was a cool shocking ending, but it was supposed to be over. I have no idea what you're planning on doing next, but are you going to wrap it all up (again) in part 6? Or are there going to be lots more parts?
If there's going to be lots more parts, you might as well make an ACT III. If there's only one more part..... I dunno, it just seems kinda lame that you brought back the main villain if there's only one video left to wrap it all up.

Just be warned, eventually you want the ending to come! Everyone hates those movie that drag out too long.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:23 am 
Creator

Jellyfish wrote:

The little exchange with Ash and Gary was funny, but it just kinda made me hate Ash even more! :P

As far as the whole Darkness Returning thing..... why, Rich?? I mean, it was a cool shocking ending, but it was supposed to be over. I have no idea what you're planning on doing next, but are you going to wrap it all up (again) in part 6? Or are there going to be lots more parts?
If there's going to be lots more parts, you might as well make an ACT III. If there's only one more part..... I dunno, it just seems kinda lame that you brought back the main villain if there's only one video left to wrap it all up.

Just be warned, eventually you want the ending to come! Everyone hates those movie that drag out too long.

The Darknees was never the MAIN villain, he's just hard to kill. And he mad.

ACT II is the end of the story.

I never promised that ACT II would only be 5 parts. So why was it SUPPOSED to be five parts? Just cause ACT I was five parts? I didn't know ACT I was gonna be 5 parts until i cut it up into what i thought was reasonable segments. ACT II is just a little longer.

But don't worry. If you want it to end so bad it'll be over after ACT II. I however hope that we can make spin off videos in the future, granted certain actors are still available.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:26 am 
Forum Gamer

10/10, have to say it has the best acting in the film so far. Everythings really well done. Gratz guys, you've made a good film so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 am 
Newcomer

Richalvarez wrote:
But don't worry. If you want it to end so bad it'll be over after ACT II. I however hope that we can make spin off videos in the future, granted certain actors are still available.

So let me sound like the stupid n00b who doesn't pay attention: Is the movie the conclusion of Stupid Mario Brothers series? I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering is all.

Oh, and more on Part V: It was nice getting closure on people and not too many questions are left unanswered so far. Of course, it's not the end yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 pm 
Newcomer

Richalvarez wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:

I never promised that ACT II would only be 5 parts. So why was it SUPPOSED to be five parts? Just cause ACT I was five parts? I didn't know ACT I was gonna be 5 parts until i cut it up into what i thought was reasonable segments. ACT II is just a little longer.

It's not that I want it to end so bad... it's that I was surprised that you chose to bring him back when it's pretty much the end. Doesn't that mean he'll just be killed quickly again?

Anyway, I have no idea what you have planned, but I do have confidence that you'll wrap it it up well, despite my criticisms.
I can't wait to see part 6!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:52 pm 
Middling

Jellyfish wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:

It's not that I want it to end so bad... it's that I was surprised that you chose to bring him back when it's pretty much the end. Doesn't that mean he'll just be killed quickly again?

Anyway, I have no idea what you have planned, but I do have confidence that you'll wrap it it up well, despite my criticisms.
I can't wait to see part 6!

It seems to just be there as an open plot if for whatever reason he continues it.