The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: SMB: The Interactive Halloween (Official Video Discussio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:23 pm 
Newcomer

This was a fantastic interactive adventure. Especially the Freddy Krueger one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 pm 
Newcomer

It looks like I'm not the only one who wasn't as impressed with the Halloween Interactive Adventure as we were with the original Interactive Adventure. Still, before saying why I didn't like it as much, I want to shout a big thank you to Richie, Chris, Julian, Austin, and everyone else for making ANOTHER Stupid Mario Bros. Interactive adventure. I seriously can't get enough of watching SMB, and when that new adventure popped up, I was happy as a clam. I know you guys mostly do this on your own time and pay for most everything yourselves, and as a result, we get to watch your stuff for free- with the exception of Google's ads (I hate those things). So you guys rock, big time. ;)

That being said, I do share some of the negative feelings already expressed- I.E. the endings didn't do much for the story, the punches at the end were obviously not made with any real effort to look real, etc. I do like Freddy's creepiness. It is HALLOWEEN after all (for all you people whining about the creepiness of his character). My biggest problem isn't any of those though, it's the fact that this completely contradicts the story arch of Blind Storm. Freddy's dream powers, according to Blind Storm, aren't possible. Mario and co. losing their powers necessarily leads to the villains losing theirs as well, yet Freddy can enter Luigi's dreams?? Look, I'm all for the Stupid Mario Bros. getting their powers back, using The Force, their lightsabers- oh, I mean beamswords, fireballs, and Mario getting his fireflower hat back from the woods. I like that idea, but at the same time I don't like that a villain came along who still had his powers while the Mario Bros. don't have any of theirs. It's not fair! W-e-e-e-e-e-e-e!

...So anyways, good luck on Season 4. I eagerly await its release!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 pm 
Commentator

Prince Asbel wrote:
My biggest problem isn't any of those though, it's the fact that this completely contradicts the story arch of Blind Storm. Freddy's dream powers, according to Blind Storm, aren't possible.

You know, that actually didn't bother me cause this is the way I saw it. Mario and Luigi and Ness etc. all originated in different world than ours. Thus their powers originated in different worlds. The beacon acting as a bridge between the worlds allowed them to retain their powers. Once it was severed, they lost them. On the other hand, Freddy supposedly originates in our world. His dream power is native to our reality. So he wasn't relying on the beacon or any other type of bridge to keep him connected to his powers, so losing it didn't affect him. If he were to, say, go to the Mushroom Kingdom though, he'd be powerless.

So yeah, that's my explanation.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:20 am 
Newcomer

Hmmm... Good point. I guess that does make sense.

...Meh, I still want the Stupid Mario Bros. to get their powers back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:37 am 
Freelancer

I really didn't mind this it was fun at times and the fighting could use a bit more work but since this is a Halloween spinoff at least it isn't part of the canon.

But I loved the ORs

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:56 am 
Landsman

I enjoyed this more than the Samurai interactive adventure.

I love how they made fun of teenagers / horror movies.

Julian also did a pretty great job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm 
Newcomer

Aisling wrote:
Prince Asbel wrote:
My biggest problem isn't any of those though, it's the fact that this completely contradicts the story arch of Blind Storm. Freddy's dream powers, according to Blind Storm, aren't possible.

You know, that actually didn't bother me cause this is the way I saw it. Mario and Luigi and Ness etc. all originated in different world than ours. Thus their powers originated in different worlds. The beacon acting as a bridge between the worlds allowed them to retain their powers. Once it was severed, they lost them. On the other hand, Freddy supposedly originates in our world. His dream power is native to our reality. So he wasn't relying on the beacon or any other type of bridge to keep him connected to his powers, so losing it didn't affect him. If he were to, say, go to the Mushroom Kingdom though, he'd be powerless.

So yeah, that's my explanation.

That's a good line of thought. It makes sense and it could be a start point for a plot.
If Richie is thinking about new villians, a more powerfull enemie that would have the upper hand in this dimenson/world would constitute a new and hard challenge for the heroes... I would like to see how would Mario get throught it. Considering how the plot from the movie evolved, I believe Richie would amase us, both in editing, scripting and acting.
Just a simple detail: Is Snake from this world? If so, does he still have his power (infinite amno due to his bandana, has he explained in MGS2)? That would be an equalizer if by any chance they need firepower.